Toy Cleaning

gracie920101

Lurker 2.0
I did a site search and ended up with crap on this subject but maybe I just didn't ask correctly.

I'd love to hear any recommendations for products on the market or home products you prefer to use on your toys. It's hard to keep up at times with all the new materials on the market and the best products for cleaning them.

Do you prefer plain old soap and water or are there products that should be used instead-for extra safety?

I did a site search and ended up with crap on this subject but maybe I just didn't ask correctly.

I'd love to hear any recommendations for products on the market or home products you prefer to use on your toys. It's hard to keep up at times with all the new materials on the market and the best products for cleaning them.

Do you prefer plain old soap and water or are there products that should be used instead-for extra safety?
Awesome question! I've mostly always ever used Dawn dish soap or a specialty sample, if the promotion was free.

It really depends on what you are cleaning. For non porous dawn or any body safe soap (We always use unscented). There was a thread a while back on breaking in leather (a collar if I recall correctly), that listed a few leather cleaner/conditioners.

So far, for nonleather toys, I've been using an unscented children's body wash as I already know I don't have any skin reactions to it.

For my silicone toys, I just use hot water and soap with a double rinse.

Or if there are a lot to clean, put them in the dishwasher

For my silicone toys, I just use hot water and soap with a double rinse.

Or if there are a lot to clean, put them in the dishwasher

Thanks, definitely understand the need for double rinsing but unfortunately the dishwasher is me. :D

If I was in the business, I'd make all of my toys "top rack dishwasher safe", and so mark them, just because it makes me smile.:)

There are special antibacterial toy cleaners available.

If you need to reach inside of a male masturbator, however, then a soft bottle brush will do nicely (just make sure it's made of foam, not plastic bristles.

I wrote a piece on this for my blog a while back. I intended it just to be a short overview, but there's such a huge amount to cover that it ended up being thousands of words longer than planned.

Basically, it's much easier to clean your toys if you're the only one who'll ever use them. In that case, soap and water is often enough. Things get more complicated if you want to share or sterilise your toys - you really have to know what they're made out of in order to be able to clean them properly. Certain materials just cannot be cleaned well enough to share.

The guide goes into (a lot) more detail if anyone is interested. It's a subject I'm pretty passionate about, if only because most people don't clean or store their toys that well.

All my toys are silicone, I wash them with dishwashing liquid, then I boil them in my dildo-boiling pan.

All my toys are silicone, I wash them with dishwashing liquid, then I boil them in my dildo-boiling pan.
Dialing the clock back a bit:

Carnac the Magnificent: "Peter Pan"
Ed McMahon: "And the question is?"
Carnac the Magnificent: "What do you use to fry your peter?"

I wrote a piece on this for my blog a while back. I intended it just to be a short overview, but there's such a huge amount to cover that it ended up being thousands of words longer than planned.

Basically, it's much easier to clean your toys if you're the only one who'll ever use them. In that case, soap and water is often enough. Things get more complicated if you want to share or sterilise your toys - you really have to know what they're made out of in order to be able to clean them properly. Certain materials just cannot be cleaned well enough to share.

The guide goes into (a lot) more detail if anyone is interested. It's a subject I'm pretty passionate about, if only because most people don't clean or store their toys that well.

If you do share your toys, a condom placed over a toy before using helps in the clean up.

Just good old mild soap and hot water.

On another note, I once chatted with a guy who kept a box of toys in the trunk of his car. I guess he wanted to be prepared. But how disgusting is that?! I doubt there was any cleaning involved. Ever. Ick.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am very happy to find someone took the time to write a Toy Cleaning primer.

I would highly recommend that any newb be given a reading assignment and handed your link about cleaning toys.

I will make the observation that I got a chuckle from the mental picture you provided with "then let them dry completely on a windowsill". That would certainly give the newlyweds next door to me a completely new perspective of their neighbor if they happen to glance up at my kitchen window on cleaning day. Maybe it would be better to just leave them on the kitchen counter and hope the cats don't get too curious.:D
:cattail:

Back