Flood Detected / Logged

Sxegamergirl

Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Posts
172
"Flood detected from your IP address! Please contact webmaster@literotica.com if you have questions. The incident was logged."

This shows up for me as the description when I google forum.literotica. What does it mean?
 
Last edited:
A google search of the message says it just means that too many connections were attempted by your server too quickly. One of the results of that search shows a Lit regular got the same message, and I believe he's still here, so it's probably no big deal unless your IP address is logged as trying to "flood" frequently. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens a lot and/or you notice it's affected your Lit experience (in which case you should PM Manu).
 
I can't say how many times I've seen "Flood detected from your IP address" because I'm an avid reader on here and I've lost count of all the times I've seen it. It's annoying as hell, since this is the only website that I get this from and the reason I get it is I often don't remember reading a story, until I start reading it and then I quickly bail on it and go onto the next one.
 
Bandwidth cost money. Lits resources are limited. The limit how much you can make requests. Live with it. The site is free for your use.

Solution: Quit make the requests that get you chocked out.
 
Back
Top