Incels & alt-right already losing their minds over Captain Marvel

I was referring to the character he portrays

...and we know your high esteem of said character just permanently shit the bed because you deplorables can't separate your contempt for a liberal actor from their roles.

Glad I ruined him for you, snowflake. :cool:

They mistake volume for accuracy. Regularly.

They mistake walking away for weakness. Barking like a dog makes you a "man". :confused:

They don't realize that they don't have to address every single thing a poster says to them. If a so-called former "Marine" is that damn triggered over some stranger on the internet on a two bit message board, that speaks alot about his character.

So obnoxious and childish, but they learned from their orange master. :rolleyes:

Harpy, sweetie, are you sure you are not confusing this with Captain America? LOL

The main character in the comic book is a female, Carol Danvers.

I don't see why this is even a big deal, there have been plenty of female led action movies beyond Marvel, one of my favorites of all time is Pam Grier. LOL.

Gal Gadot was kick ass hot in Wonder Woman too.
And the movie received plenty of praise.

Not to mention the modern versions of female led comic books, the 'Resident Evil' and 'Alien' franchises.

So another fail for Rory. :D

I don't want to read four pages so I don't know WHY they hate it but this is a weird hill to die on.

A lot of the time I see fake geek guys bitching about the WEIRDEST shit for movies they weren't going to see anyway. The amount of people bitching about Deadpool being queer was amazing- then Deadpool made fucking bank because of course it did.

They bitched that Wonder Woman was a lady- made bank.

Bitched that T'challa was black- made bank.

So I'm guessing this is a repeat of Wonder Woman? Like they never read a comic in their life and just can't comprehend that there are lady superheros?

What's batshit insane is that you only see this nonsense when you make movie adaptations. You don't see it when it's in book form. Comic fans tend to only get pissed about shit that matters.

Y'all remember when Captain America joined Hydra? That's the thing fans who actually care and were actually spending money on the franchise care about.

So... those jackasses can bitch all they want. Disney owns Marvel now and if you think Mickey Mouse gives a single shit about anything other than his checkbook then you have never seen a straight-to-DVD Disney sequel.

Gal Gadot was kick ass hot in Wonder Woman too.
And the movie received plenty of praise.

Not to mention the modern versions of female led comic books, the 'Resident Evil' and 'Alien' franchises.

So another fail for Rory. :D

I mean... those things always had female leads...

And so did comics? Like in general female led comics have always been a thing. This bitchfest is an extremely recent thing.

I could care less about Marvel/Disney, they cram everything in there to print money. I'm a DC fan at heart but on a personal boycott at the moment with them because of thier mobil gaming greed.

Now TRON..., that's my kinda franchise, but will probably have to wait another 20 years for the next installment.

Apparently YOU failed to get the message. It doesn't matter if the original conception was for a female lead, THE PAYING PUBLIC doesn't like it. Dissing on them in favor of the disliked concept is stupid. That's like saying the Edsel was a fantastic car and people were morons for not buying one.

It was a fantastic car for it's era. Except the PAYING PUBLIC didn't like it.

Guess what happened next...

No, just 2 dozen of your fellow Incels don't like.

This movie will do great at the box office - if it's a good movie.

So, people who are expressing their dislike about putting a female lead into this kind of character aren't "proper"?

Seems to me this would be a HUGE red flag to any other movie producers and screenwriters to not do this kind of project again rather than dissing on the paying public.

But, what do I care, I don't go to the movies anyway.

this is literally the same comments uninformed trolls said in the comments sections. :rolleyes:

this is literally the same comments uninformed trolls said in the comments sections. :rolleyes:

Original thought is very scarce amongst the RWCJ in general and here in particular. Them 200+ pists per day ain't gonna write themselves iffn there has to be actual thought put into them, missy! Better to cut-n-paste.

I'll have to agree with HisArpy.

Divergent, the Alien and the first three movies of the Resident Evil franchise were hugely popular among female audiences - younger and older alike.
- But unlike Wonder Woman or "Supergirl" those movies also had other ingredients: escapism/mystery-thriller/female character development.

Wonder woman? Loved the first part, got bored during the second half which ended up being mostly just boom boom and 'look at her great martial art moves'.

Guys, not girls enjoy watching soccer and war or Jackie Chan type of movies, because they identify with the lead actor.

Captain Marvel is doing well Now at the box office cause curiosity + the novelty factor. But in the long run, a franchise won't be successful.

not marvel fans, vettey. what an especially ignorant comment.

He desperately needs his preferred narrative to be true for ... some reason.

In reality, Captain Marvel will probably be a box office hit, and Carol Danvers will carry the Marvel cinematic universe into the 2020s.

not marvel fans, vettey. what an especially ignorant comment.

Yes, for adult male fans a female protagonist won't make That big of a difference.

But a huge part of fans are teenage boys, who are at the age where they fantasize and identify with such characters. They'd rather see a guy, not a woman in such a role.

As for female audiences which Marvel are trying to attract - nope, a movie that is Just about kicking ass and showcasing fighting skills isn't their cup of tea.
I liked the novelty of the first GI Joe installment, got bored as hell during the second one.

In reality, Captain Marvel will probably be a box office hit, and Carol Danvers will carry the Marvel cinematic universe into the 2020s.

it will be a $billion hit, vettey will claim it flopped.

Yes, for adult male fans a female protagonist won't make That big of a difference.

But a huge part of fans are teenage boys, who are at the age where they fantasize and identify with such characters. They'd rather see a guy, not a woman in such a role.

As for female audiences which Marvel are trying to attract - nope, a movie that is Just about kicking ass and showcasing fighting skills isn't their cup of tea.
I liked the novelty of the first GI Joe installment, got bored as hell during the second one.

as a mother of a teenage boy, you're not very well versed in my what teenage boys desire.

Crumb said: Like anyone is gonna stay away from a Marvel movie.

He wasn't just talking about fans. Go tickle Haircut guy's balls and tell'm to learn how to read.:rolleyes:

Gee, the RWCJ is woefully out of touch with popular culture and social norms.

Make sure you check each other for symptoms of shock. :cool:

Gee, the RWCJ is woefully out of touch with popular culture and social norms.

Make sure you check each other for symptoms of shock. :cool:

The fact that you played with dolls when you were 10 years old
doesn't make it so for other 10 year olds

The fact that you played with dolls when you were 10 years old
doesn't make it so for other 10 year olds

:confused:

BRaY5Ba.gif

Back