Makes me think of the NewsRadio episode where they broke it down as such:
Pretty=pretty
Cute=pretty+short/hyperactive
Beautiful=pretty+tall
Gorgeous=pretty+great hair
Striking=pretty+big nose
Sexy=pretty+slutty
Exotic=ugly

Such a great show. I always get excited when I see some of the cast in other shows. Dave Foley is good enough to watch in The Odd Couple and Dr. Ken - both are terrible shows.

Pretty=pretty
Beautiful=pretty+tall
Striking=pretty+big nose
Sexy=pretty+slutty
Exotic=ugly

This is serendipitous because I was having this exact conversation yesterday. We were watching that Thor movie with Jeff Goldblum and my gf mentioned that she'd fuck Jeff Goldblum and I was like, "Oh god, me too."

Then I sat there for a second and I was like, "Wait a second- WHY?" He's not good looking. Like he's objectively NOT. There's nothing "beautiful" about him. Weird face, spindly body- but like... Idk, I'd suck his dick and beg him to tell me about dinosaurs.

You tell me because I don't get it, I just accept it. We had a really long conversation about this and she pretends to understand it but like... I don't think there IS an explanation, I think we just have to accept that it doesn't make sense and accept the gifts we're given.

Soooo.....let me get this straight: what ya'll are sayin' is that maybe, perhaps, there's a chance that those of us who are short, fat and dumpy could be considered sexy???? Oh fuck yes!!!! Ok you two, DO NOT ANSWER THIS POST! Just let me believe what I thought you said is true. I'm sexy! Cool. I'll just strut around the house in my fat boy underwear and believe that what I think you said you said even though you may not have said it. Hot damn!

Comshaw

On the left, beautiful...On the right, sexy!

6485612392.jpg

Beautiful, assuming we talk about people - is an idea that lies outside of gender entirely. There are a lot of beautiful people, both men and women, young and old. I'm a man, and I can appreciate a beauty of another man. Beauty is also mostly detached from action - you cannot become more or less beautiful by having the right body language.

Sex appeal, however, deals exclusively in our desire to have sex with that person. And beauty is only one component of this equation. The said person has to be the right gender, for most people. Body language also contributes to being sexy a lot, as well as other things like behavior, voice and even smell.
If we are talking about still pictures, some of those criteria are irrelevant, but a lot of them aren't.

I'm wondering what the hell went wrong here. Where CandiCame initially agreed with what I said, she has somehow flipped this into a diatribe commentary on … what, exactly? Candi, you seem to want to attack everyone. I don't get it. This is a post about beauty vs. sexiness, nothing more. Please don't make it out to be anything else.

Beautiful, assuming we talk about people - is an idea that lies outside of gender entirely. There are a lot of beautiful people, both men and women, young and old. I'm a man, and I can appreciate a beauty of another man. Beauty is also mostly detached from action - you cannot become more or less beautiful by having the right body language.

Sex appeal, however, deals exclusively in our desire to have sex with that person. And beauty is only one component of this equation. The said person has to be the right gender, for most people. Body language also contributes to being sexy a lot, as well as other things like behavior, voice and even smell.
If we are talking about still pictures, some of those criteria are irrelevant, but a lot of them aren't.

I super disagree with this. People get more or less beautiful based on their actions. Like, almost more than physical appearance. Beauty needs gracefulness, upkeep, charm, shit like that.

You can be hot, but that alone won't make you beautiful. Because how beautiful you are is kinda largely determined by how you act because it's so subjective, so it can change on a dime. If someone's a bitch they get less attractive. They just do. It goes from, "She's so beautiful" to "Bet that bitch thinks she's pretty. Look at her over there. Breathing air and shit. What a bitch." It changes your outward appearance because beauty requires someone to perceive it. Beauty is kind and graceful and all that. You can take two people who look exactly the same, like twins or whatever, and if one's a good person and one is a shitty person, despite them looking exactly the same, you'll find one more beautiful than the other.

Also like... just physically what you do changes how you look so that's nonsense on it's face. People don't wake up beautiful. Beauty is a constant battle against the cruel passage of time, vice and sloth. To fit into the beauty standard requires constant, unrelenting upkeep and if you let that slip then you've fucked right up in that department. Like, I just wrote a whole thing about how the inside counts but I'll be dead in the ground before I say the outside doesn't count too and you can't tell how much upkeep a person does unless you've trained yourself to look for it.

Skin treatments, hair treatments, support garments, pluck or thread or twease or shave, clothing selection, polishes and make-up and everything under the sun.

It takes a LOT of actions and a lot of time to look like this.

Without exaggeration, if I'm going fem it takes me 2 hours to get ready to leave the house. At my most masculine it still takes like 45 minutes. That's extra on top of my ongoing routine of preservation.

Like I know that's not body language, but I just think we need to appreciate the time, energy and money people put into their appearance.

I'm wondering what the hell went wrong here. Where CandiCame initially agreed with what I said, she has somehow flipped this into a diatribe commentary on … what, exactly? Candi, you seem to want to attack everyone. I don't get it. This is a post about beauty vs. sexiness, nothing more. Please don't make it out to be anything else.

I reread the thread and the only thing I can find that I said to you was that you'd fuck Jeff Goldblum and I stand by it because I think that's true for any human person.

I don't know why it's a thing, but we all just need to accept it and move on with our lives.

Ladies, I am curious to know if you view men the same. Candi has already shared her feelings on the matter, so how about anyone else?

No it doesn't. You're not gonna look me in the eye and tell me that you know why you and everyone else on the planet wants to fuck that guy. Look at him.

Jeff_Goldblum_Deauville_2017.jpg

It makes no sense and you KNOW it.

True. He's damned sexy. But attractive? Nope.

If I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive,

they would eventually find me attractive.

I get flirty compliments about my looks, my eyes, my scent, my coat, etc...from random women almost every day.

I envy the way you ugly guys can move freely without sexual advances all the time.

I get flirty compliments about my looks, my eyes, my scent, my coat, etc...from random women almost every day.

I envy the way you ugly guys can move freely without sexual advances all the time.

It must be nice having those bitches throw themselves at you day and night.

I appreciate the way you short fuckers accent how tall I am. Thanks!

The grass is always greener.

A young woman just this morning asked if I could help her get her new credit card to work over a drink.

A novel approach, and I liked her nail polish, so I'll do my good deed for the day, but it can be a burden.

Height? Huh? Don't know or care about your height. I'm 6'1", which is only short in a room full of pro ballers.

Ha!

You're welcome.

Can you get the pop down for me? I'm onto you Wal-mart. You think I'll pay 50 cents more not to have to climb this wall? Well you bet fucking wrong because I'm frugal spiderman.

Edit: Holy shit, my spidey sense is tingling-

Pretty=pretty
Beautiful=pretty+tall
Striking=pretty+big nose
Sexy=pretty+slutty
Exotic=ugly

Voluptuous=pretty+fat.

The girl at Tim Horton's taking your order is not flirting with you, stubbs.

Back