In search of an editor for a father/daughter incest sequel

LeeGrossman

Virgin
Greetings kind editor,

I'm in search of an editor for a LitErotica submission. This is a follow-up to my previous story, "My Father's Second Wife" (<http://www.literotica.com/s/my-fathers-second-wife>). I should have gotten an editor to look that one over too, but I was new to this and didn't know better. :(

It's an insect story, told from the perspective of a young women, who is being drawn into her father's larger-than-life world. It's not fantasy, but it is fantastic—borderline James Bond fantastic. This story will make more sense if you read the first story, but that certainly isn't necessary.

The first story garnered positive feedback with requests for more. This second part is in response to that. I'm also outlining a third installment and possibly a prequel. So there may be more, if they continue to be well received.

I'm primarily looking for grammar, spelling, and construction help. If, however, you're inclined to contribute your thoughts on character development, plot, pacing, dialog, or prose you'll find a receptive audience.

This story is NOT short. It's currently hovering around 25,000 words. My previous story was 18,000. My writing tends to be leisurely and descriptive, so please be aware that this is a sizable job. I am also in no rush to have it edited.

If this is something you'd be interested in, please let me know.

Please ensure you have switched on your Private Messages. Go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

:)

Thanks, MistressLynn, for catching that. I thought I already enabled those setting, but clearly missed a step.

your post really interests me b/c typo, spelling & bad grammar tend to jump out at me. i just read part 1, and i have to say i didn't really see anything wrong with it; maybe just one or two spots that i had to re-read b/c they confused me at first. i'd have to read it over again more carefully, but nothing 'jumped out.' i know you said you got positive feedback on the story, but did you get a bunch of comments about the technical stuff?

i haven't written anything myself and i'm definitely not an english major, but i have always liked the idea of proofreading/editing stories/books. i would love to give it a shot for you.

oops, typo should be typos. i noticed it as soon as my post loaded. LOL!

"b/c typo, spelling & bad grammar tend to jump out at me"

Please ensure you have switched on your Private Messages. Go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

:)
mistress lynn... too bad your instructions weren't posted a few hours ago. i would have saved me a good half hour of frustration. :)

i just read part 1, and i have to say i didn't really see anything wrong with it; maybe just one or two spots that i had to re-read b/c they confused me at first. i'd have to read it over again more carefully, but nothing 'jumped out.' i know you said you got positive feedback on the story, but did you get a bunch of comments about the technical stuff?
I did get some comments on the spelling/punctuation, but what's up there now is a second version. I thought I'd caught everything during my proofreading, but it seems like not matter how many times I read my own work, I miss something. I did find a bunch of mistakes immediately after it was published, and I submitted a revised version.

i haven't written anything myself and i'm definitely not an english major, but i have always liked the idea of proofreading/editing stories/books. i would love to give it a shot for you.
You're more than welcome to take a swipe at it. I figure, the more eyeballs the better. I'll message you off-forum about the details. Thanks!

Also, if anyone else is also interested, I'm still not adverse to working with an editor that's interested in making artistic contributions.

mistress lynn... too bad your instructions weren't posted a few hours ago. i would have saved me a good half hour of frustration. :)

They're posted in the thread for the available editors each month as well as in numerous posts such as this one. :)

Back