Star Wars: Lost Soul

“Yes, Vince…we are leaving and I want you to come with us.”

He Cried out, swinging harder, his breathing was labored, harsh, his strength waining as his uncoordinated attacks weaken him, panting, shoulders heavening he paused, and in that slight pause suddenly the Jedi before him went on the attack, a shiver traced through his body, as he suddenly back pedeled

“I’m sorry.”

before he can muster enough strength to call on the force he gets hit with a jolt, slamming back into the wall his skull cracking against the unyielding wall, he curls up into the fetal position as pain radiates through his body his saber ripped from his hand he was barely aware of it clattering around the ground

“You have a decision to make right now. You can come with me, so I can help you or you can die.”

as the pain slowly fades he hears the Jedi's saber activate slowly his eyes open and he watches as his saber is destroyed, his shoulders slump in defeat, his body was tired, his emotions so far out of whack he felt the Force slip from him his chest heaved as his tears welled in his eyes

“Please allow me to help you. Let go of your hate and rebuild your life.”

he broke down, his master had run, his saber destroyed, cornered by the people he was trained to hate, he was alone, he had nothing, the force had always been his life and even now he didnt have that, as he sat there and cried

"t...t...t...take me in.......j.....just end it, e..e..end my pain, "
 
Taryn Nalani

Overcome with compassion as Taryn witnesses Vince’s unexpected breakdown she shuts down her lightsaber and clips it to her belt. Reaching out through the Force to touch his mind, which is raging loudly with the despair of betrayal. Projecting calm she inches closer whispering into his thoughts, “Vince, I can help you let go of the pain and anger…please let me help you.”

Crouching down she extends her hand hoping he will take it, “Please Vince.” She says aloud, “Come with me…I can’t make this decision for you. I won’t force you. This is your choice.”

Standing up Taryn waits giving him time to process his grief and her offer. While she waits Cal’s voice enters her thoughts, “Is he coming or will you destroy him?”

Raising her eyes to the sky she squints against the brightness of the twin suns, “He is considering coming with us. I am giving him a few minutes to make the decision.”

“Very well we’ll be ready to leave the moment you arrive.”

“Thank you, Cal. We’ll return to Coruscant, so you can return to the temple.”


Taryn can practically see the frown on Cal’s face before his next words, “You’re going away with him alone. Will you even bring him before the council?”

Sighing softly Taryn brings her gaze back to Vince, “I don’t think he could handle their judgment…he needs some time to heal first, so I will take him to Dantoonie, it’s peaceful and I will help him reconcile his hate and anger.”

“Master Nalani –“

“Cal, these are the decisions I must make.” She says with finality ending their communication and once more she turns attention to Vince asking, “It’s time to decide. Will you chose to live or die?”
 
“It’s time to decide. Will you chose to live or die?”

Vince just laid there curled up, his head resting on his knees, his shoulders slumped, his anger dissolved, images of his life replaying in his head, abandoned again shivering heavily he looked up, his face ragged, warn, red from crying, his eyes were empty, broken, he just didnt care, Jedi, Sith, they were all the same in the end sighing in defeat he took her offered hand and stood, looking to the broken remnants of his saber on the ground he called the pieces to him, knowing it is unwise to leave a lightsaber, even a destroyed one laying around in public,

"do what you want with me, "
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn smiles warmly as Vince takes her hand though she’d seen a possible future of him accepting her help the future is not set in stone; he had to make the choice, slender fingers squeeze around his hand gently, trying to offer some comfort to the broken Jedi. “This is your journey Vince I am only here to help guide you. Every decision you make from this moment forward will be solely your own. On that you have my word.”

The Jedi Master feels nothing but compassion for the man and hopes he’ll save himself; he’s taken the first step to reclaiming his future for his own without manipulation. After he’s gathered the remains of his lightsaber she leads him back to the ship, her hand slipping from his after a few steps. Vince needs to begin to making decisions on his own she will only show him the path. They walk side by side in silence Taryn allowing Vince to be with his own thoughts. Once they are aboard the Fading Dawn she shows Vince where he can have some privacy, a bunk of his own. “If you want to rest you can …there is also the lounge. I’ll be in the cockpit with Cal if you need anything. We’re going to Coruscant to return him to the Jedi Temple and then you and I will travel to Dantoonie, unless you wish to remain on Coruscant. The decision is yours and yours alone.”

Though Taryn had told Cal she would take Vince to Dantoonie she realized on their short walk that the decision needs to be his. Unless he reclaims his own path with the Force he’ll always be dependent. Resting a hand on his shoulder she looks up at him trying to meet his gaze hoping to communicate the support she wants to give him, “The days ahead will not be easy, but I’m your friend and will help you, all you need is ask or tell me to go away. I won’t force myself into your life…you can ask me to stay or ask me to leave. The decision is yours.”

Her fingers squeeze gently before she turns and walks away joining Cal in the cockpit taking the co-pilot chair. “Let’s go home.”

Cal says nothing as they take off and remains silent until they’ve entered hyperspace before he looks to Taryn who is sitting silently staring out into the blackness of space. “Our relationship is based on speaking truthfully with one another, so please; tell me what’s on your mind.”

“This is a mistake – you’re allowing your attraction to him to cloud your judgment. You know you need to bring him before the council, but instead you’re planning to run off with him –alone. Master Nalani I’ve always respected your decisions even when they’ve been a little rebellious, but you know he’s dangerous….what if he turns on you?”

Taryn considers Cal’s words even when he was a young Padawan he’d always been wiser beyond his years; it’s one of the reasons they complimented each other as teacher and student. “I do find him attractive, but to suggest that is the reason for my actions? You’re reading this situation wrong. Vince is feeling without a place in this universe he’s been betrayed not once, but twice and this second time has completely broken his spirit. If I bring him before the council now their judgment may only cause more damage. He needs to begin making decisions on his own, so he can start feeling in control of his life. Instead of telling him I’m taking him to Dantoonie I decided to leave that decision to him. If he wants stay on Coruscant then he will have to stand before the council.”

Turning her head pale green eyes look to Cal, “He’s not beyond saving. We’ve much loss in the recent years and I will not unjustly destroy another soul without first giving him chance to rebuild his life. The Jedi are supposed to preserve life – we’re connected to the life force which binds this galaxy together tearing it apart unnecessarily is a path to darkness.”

Cal studies his former master and considers her words she’s always been stubborn and this time is no different; however there is reason in her words, so he concedes. “Alright…” he sighs softly, “I will support your decision.”

Taryn smiles and rises from the co-pilot’s chair resting her hand on Cal’s shoulder as she passes, “Thank you, my friend. I’ll go make some tea.”

Leaving the cockpit Taryn makes her way to the common area and into the small galley to make some tea. It’ll be a couple of days before they reach Coruscant and she hopes she’ll have some time to speak with Vince, if he chooses.
 
Last edited:
“If you want to rest you can …there is also the lounge. I’ll be in the cockpit with Cal if you need anything. We’re going to Coruscant to return him to the Jedi Temple and then you and I will travel to Dantoonie, unless you wish to remain on Coruscant. The decision is yours and yours alone.”

he listened to her words, feeling the weight of his life pressing down onto him, as he sat on the bunk he was given he just watched her leave, his memorys in a jumble, his feelings, the rage, hatred, his feeling of being alone and unwanted and he broke down again, then along comes a Jedi, running off his master, leaving him to fight alone against two strong opponents he knew he couldnt beat, he laid there for a while crying, he wouldnt let himself be hurt again, he wouldnt let himself be used, it was killing him, but what he had sensed from the Jedi had been true caring...hadnt it? no...jedi care only about themselves.........dont they??? noooo he couldnt let himself be suckered in again


Finally his tears seeming to stop flowing on their own he did the only thing he could think of, sitting on the bed he crossed his legs, inhaling a shuddering heavy breath as the whine of the hyperdrive kicks into gear he lets his eyes close, swallowing back the feelings that assault him he opens his mind and spirit to the force, begging, asking for guidance, asking the force to help lead his path*
 
Arriving at Coruscant

The hours pass into days and Taryn’s concern for Vince grew, but she kept her distance. She knew he was fine she could sense him, his turmoil and search for guidance through the Force. She passed the time conversing with Cal, reading and meditating. There were times over the last few days when Taryn would go stand outside of Vince’s door tempted to knock, to say something, but all she does is stand there quietly. He can sense her presence, so if he had wanted to speak with her he would have, since the door remained closed she kept her silence.

The countdown to exiting hyperspace is down to five minutes, so Taryn sits in the cockpit with Cal they’d not spoken about her plans to go off with Vince on her own since they’d left Tatoonie. Taryn has always been stubborn especially when she sets herself on a path. Sitting in the co-pilot seat pale green eyes stare out the viewport, “I need to follow my path.”

“It’s a bad decision.” Cal refuses to support Taryn in her decision.

“Perhaps, but it’s mine to make.” Glancing to the control panel Taryn watches the countdown, “There’s so much hurt in him…he needs time to witness kindness. If we bring him before the council he’ll only feel justified in his anger.”

“I could come with you.” Cal offers as he sits up in the pilot’s chair waiting for the moment to take the controls.

“Thank you, but you’re no longer my Padawan….in fact; you should be seeking your own apprentice. There is a youngling waiting for your guidance.”

Cal doesn’t respond as they bring the Fading Dawn out of hyperspace and the round blue hue of a planet surrounded by traffic lanes blinks into existence. “You better go tell Vince we’ve arrived. I can pilot us to the Temple from here.”

Taryn nods and leaves the cockpit she didn’t like when she and Cal were at odds, but it wasn’t the first time and it would not be the last. Taryn arrives in the door of Vince’s bunk and pauses before raising her hand to knock against the durasteel. “Vince,” she raises her voice, “We’ve arrived at Coruscant. It’s time to decide, if you’ve not already, if you and I are to leave for Dantoonie.”

Taryn takes a few steps backwards and waits for Vince answer.
 
Vince had lost track of time, he hadn't eaten, hadn't slept, and time seem to pass as he lost himself in his trance, his body slowing down, relaxing, his mind literally unplugging itself allowing for that sense of calm he had so long forgotten since he was abandoned. to him and the sense of time-loss he looked up, the whine of the hyper-drive shutting down. The sense of reality coming back to him slowly his eyes opened and re focused, he felt as if he had slept for ages, his body no longer hurt. His worry's, his fears, seemed insignificant now.

“Vince We’ve arrived at Coruscant. It’s time to decide, if you’ve not already, if you and I are to leave for Dantoonie.”

slowly he rose to stand as if he was using his legs for the first time, raising his hands, his arms, he flexed, a slight frown creased his face then vanished, why was he this calm? as if the weight of the galaxy had lifted, is this what he needed? a new start? another master? no, no he would never be the servant to another, he was stronger then that, finally his shoulders squared and he looked up.

"im ready"

that was all he had to say, and he stepped forward. Following the two down the ramp he stepped into the docking bay or the Jedi temple once more, looking around as if seeing it for the first time

"Shouldnt we go before the council?? im sure their wanting to.......speak....with me,......or worse" his voice was just above a whisper
 
Taryn Nalani

Vince appears at the door of his bunk looking a little bleary eyed, but focused. Taryn smiles to him and can sense a center of peace within him. Inclining her head slightly she turns walking to the ramp Cal waiting for them at the bottom he looks from Taryn to Vince and then turns around to walk inside the Temple. Before they can get much further than the ramp Vince speaks up, asking quietly, "Shouldn’t we go before the council?? I’m sure their wanting to.......speak....with me ...or worse."

Taryn pauses and turns around to face Vince, her hands hidden with the folds of her cape, pale green eyes gaze at him for a moment. “Yes, they wish to speak with you. I won’t mislead you; there may be consequences to your recent actions, but they are a just and merciful council.”

Turning her head to look over her shoulder she looks to the tall center building and then back to Vince. “Let’s find you a room assignment. I will speak with the council on your behalf and send for you when they are ready to meet with you. Walk with me.”

Waiting for Vince to join her by her side they walk into the open halls of the Jedi Temple. “The temple has expanded since the last time you were on Coruscant. I’ll show you the gardens and the library when there is time. Until you’ve met the council I need to ask you not to wander the temple alone. I can act as your escort. ”

She walks quietly by his side leading him through the halls to the living quarters. Occasionally Taryn shoots a sidelong glance at Vince wondering how deep the pain of what happened to him runs. Can he turn his back on the darkside? It seems as if he’s taken a step in that direction. She considers Cal’s words as to why she is determined to save him. There is no denying she feels drawn to him, but not solely because he is attractive. To consider pursuing him would be to take advantage of his vulnerable state and make her no better than Allura, his previous master.

Finding Vince a room doesn’t take but a few minutes. Taryn leads him to the door of his small, modest living space. “I’ll leave you alone and let the council know we’ve arrived though I wouldn’t be surprised if they already know. “ A warm smile crosses her lips, “Do not worry, Vince, everything will work out. I’m happy you decided to return to the temple.”
 
“Do not worry, Vince, everything will work out. I’m happy you decided to return to the temple.”

he just merely nodded to her works, he had become withdrawn, twitchy. Arriving back at the temple feeling all those around him the stares, the silent whispers, more the once his hand had fallen to this thigh, to grasp the one thing that had always given him comfort, but he no longer carried his light saber, it had been destroyed. After all these years he suddenly felt naked, Vulnerable, and it terrified and angered him. to be Left with no defenses. Beaten, taken, even this jedi with him she feigned that she cared but he knew other wise. He was just a mission to her and she had succeeded she captured him and brought him back.

Once more he nodded as he was left to himself in his quarters, he looked around, plain white, bed, walls, the large windows over looking the city and space below him. He couldnt think, Couldnt talk, he wanted to scream, to let go, to let the rage, pain, anger, loneliness explode to lash out with the force but no that would bring every jedi in the temple to him and he couldnt fight, had no ability to fight back so he just collapsed on a chair and stared

************************************

Some time Later the gentle Gong of the door chime roused him from his empty daydreams and he stood turning

"Enter"

as he watched 3 Jedi entered into the room cloaked and hooded

The Council will see you now

he just nodded, steeling himself he took a breath and exhaled, stepping through the door he was escorted to the Council's chambers. 1 Jedi walking ahead of him 2 others behind him, like a prisoner on their final walk and even that didnt improve his mood. They didnt have their sabers drawn but he felt their tenseness, they were just itching for him to do something, to strike him down but they resisted, as the doors opened before him he was escorted in then left alone before the council.

For the next four hours he was questioned, his thoughts, feelings, exposed. His fear, his anger, his rage, all of it, all his misdeeds laid out before him as the council recounted tale after tale of his exploits both as a jedi and those when he fell. He argued, fought the council. But it was all pointless he knew the council didnt care care that he was left behind he had sensed it. didnt he? he could sense their unease,

They refused to see their error, refused to acknowledge they left him behind to even offer an apology. Typical all they cared about was their ideals and standards. Finally he had had enough and lashed out with his Pain, his memorys, to Call the force to him, to shield himself once more but he quickly found himself surrounded by the council their sabers drawn on him. He was unarmed and they had him at saberpoint *snorts*

Victor, for your crimes against the countless innocents and the Jedi you killed you are hereby Banished from the Jedi Order you will be Held in Chambers until such a time we the council can re-convene to decide your fate, you will be injected with a tracking implant so that we can monitor your activities and whereabouts,

One of the council members motioned to a guard and he was escorted back to his room in cuffs and left alone and his anger began once more to Boil
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn after leaving Vince in his assigned quarters walks through the temple’s vast halls to the gardens awaiting the call of the council so she might speak on the Jedi’s behalf. The tranquil setting is where she often spends her time in meditation and group instruction. The future of Vince weighs heavily on her mind. She can sense his inner struggle teetering between redemption and becoming completely consumed by the darkside. If the council’s decision is guided more by rules than compassion they will lose Vince. The Jedi Master feels he deserves more; he deserves a second chance.

Nearly an hour passed before she was summoned to the council’s chambers. For an hour Taryn recounted the events, which lead to Vince agreement to come with them and answered questions as they were asked. She explained how she believes that if they turn him away it would only further damage his belief that he was purposely left behind and fuel his anger. Taryn advised that they treat him with compassion and allow him time to heal before making a final judgment on his fate. In the last minutes of her audience the questions turned to a more personal matter.

“Master Nalani, we have already spoken with Jedi Teln and he advised that you personal feelings for Vertigo are clouding your judgment.”

“I am aware of Jedi Teln’s concerns, but he’s wrong.”

“Is it true you had no intention of bringing Vertigo to us?”

“Yes, if Vince had chosen, but he chose to stay here and face your judgment. Do understand this is a test? He is here to judge just as much as you are.”

“We’re not the ones who have broken our laws.”

“I know he’s done wrong, but there is good in him. He only needs a chance to heal. Allow me to guide him through this journey.”

Taryn left the council’s chambers with a heavy heart. She can sense that the decision for Vince will not go in his favor. Cal’s testimony feels a little like betrayal even though she understands he was only trying to protect her from the decision she’s already made. The decision to help Vince with or without the council’s approval.

Hours later….

Taryn moves swiftly, quietly down the hallway leading to Vince’s room. She’d sense his turmoil throughout the day and it only grew deeper after his meeting with the council. They’d ignored her advice, so she will ignore their judgment and do what she knows is right. On approach to his room she uses the Force to command the door to slide open with a single gesture of her fingers and slips inside. The room is dark, so she commands the lights on and reaches into the folds of her robe. Pulling a rolled up robe from under her arm she tosses towards a surprised and confused Vince.

“There’s no time to explain. If you don’t want them to collar you like an animal then you will put on this robe and come with me.”

Taryn stands there and waits for Vince to put on the robe. It took him a minute to react, but he did put on the robe, pulling the hood up over his head to hide his face. A small smile pulls to Taryn’s lips and she gives a small nod before leading him from the room and through the Jedi Temple. Minutes later they are walking up the ramp of Fading Dawn. Taryn heads straight to the cockpit calling over her shoulder, “I’ll need you to be my co-pilot.”

Sliding into captain’s chair Taryn begins to warm up the engines she’d made sure hours prior to run a systems check and refuel the ship in preparation of the plan. It wouldn’t take long before someone noticed they were gone. She knows she is jeopardizing her place with the Order, but she has no doubt this is her path. Glancing to Vince who is sitting in the co-pilot’s chair he still seems despondent and is only going through the motions. It will take time and patience till the spark of life she believes is still there will surface. She hopes he’s willing to search for it within himself.

Without incident they leave the Jedi Temple and break Coruscant’s orbit. It was too easy. They’d allowed her to openly defy them. Perhaps they decided to give her this one chance. Of course, if Vince didn’t reject the darkside she would be forced to kill him. “We can’t go to Dantooine, Cal already knows that was my original plan and he likely told the council. I searched the star systems and created a course in the nav-computer for Wayland. Since it’s barely on the map and in case anyone follows I’ve created a few jumps to hopefully keep them off our trail. It’ll take us seven days to reach the planet.”

The first jump calculated in the nav-comp Taryn watches the countdown before pulling back on the levers watching the stars streak across the viewport as they enter the all consuming darkness. Sitting back in the chair pale green eyes look to Vince and hopes he’ll chose the right path. She’ll do what she can to help, but ultimately it’ll be his choice. “While we wait to complete the first jump why don’t I make some tea and we can start to get to know one another, which is vital if we’re to trust each other.”

Rising from the captain’s chair Taryn walks out of the cockpit and says over her shoulder, “We only have each other to depend on. I believe in you Vince and I believe beneath all that hatred and rage you want to feel peace again.”
 
Victor paced, his thoughts drowned out of what was to come, he felt a prickle in the back of his neck and turned to face the door, it was just reflex, his body relaxed, his muscles relaxed and he called the force to him, his eyes darkening he felt someone approaching, he felt the ping of force as the door was forced open if he was going to be put to death he would die fighting, but just as he was about to lash out he caught himself, the Jedi.....the Jedi that had brought him here.......she had a sense of urgency to her that gave him pause.

“There’s no time to explain. If you don’t want them to collar you like an animal then you will put on this robe and come with me.”

he looked at the robe then to her, his face contorted into a confused frown but he took it and wrapped it around himself, throwing the hood down low over his face he followed her. the hold he had on the force flowed. Subversion, Deceit. Stealth. These things he could do, as he followed he concentrated, throwing his Vertigo field around himself, he cloaked himself in the force his aura to any jedi that of any other Jedi Knight they would not suspect him or question him but see them as two Knights on a mission

They walked in silence as they wound the corridors of the temple, his eyes always moving studying, memorizing the lay out of the temple he had soo long forgotten till they came to the docking ring. his brow Arched... they charged her with taking him off planet?? what was she doing?? the Urgency in her movements still plain to him, she was nervous....it wasnt like her........

“I’ll need you to be my co-pilot.”

he nodded as they entered her ship and he flopped down into the co-pilots chair, his body was on auto pilot, his mind had seperated so many things bothering him piloting he was good at, piloting didnt require thinking, his hands flew over the control panel, Stabilizers, thrusters, engines primed, Ion-fusion reactors online weapons on stand by, inertial dampers on standby, atmospheric clearence thrusters check,


Vince sat back, his eyes glazed, so many Trips, his Mistress, well, his Last mistress, this was normal, he'd done this so many times, had to leave in a hurry, he let himself drift, tucked away in his cloak, what was to become of him? would he die? was she going to take him offworld then leave him floating dead in space? he frowned

“We can’t go to Dantooine, Cal already knows that was my original plan and he likely told the council. I searched the star systems and created a course in the nav-computer for Wayland. Since it’s barely on the map and in case anyone follows I’ve created a few jumps to hopefully keep them off our trail. It’ll take us seven days to reach the planet.”

he only half listened but the mention of Wayland brought him out of his thoughts and his hands flew to the controls, without thinking, his body on auto pilot he called up a star chart his eyes moving rapidly,

"thats not a good idea Jedi, Wayland is a Sith outpost, coupla hundred soldiers, its off the map for a reason, "

his hands continued to fly as he input info into the ships computer and called up a schematic, not even giving her a chance to say anything he pointed to the view screen the little info she had had on Wayland suddenly fit into place and the image of the planet cleared

"the Planet is protected by a Powerful atmospheric Generator that is designed to shield life signs and make the planet appear barren....but..."

he pointed to a small outcropping and the screen zoomed in, the shroud of the planet fell away

"there are training academys here" *points to 4 seperate spots throughout the planet* "and here, as well as several more powerful soldiers amoung the Sith ranks, we would be detected the second we dropped from Hyper space"


he then glanced over at his monitor then called up a new map

"Here, Axum, quiet, Temperate planet, mountains, jungles, out of the way of major civilizations, if your going to kill me its the perfect place to dump a body........3 days travel if we follow" *his hand reached out and he followed a trail* "Drop out of hyperspace at these co-ordinates, come around the back side of one of Anaxes moons to avoid detection, the Anaxians stop any ship that enters their space and search them, ........we...didnt get along last time i was in the area and would rather avoid them... slip in under their radar scopes here" *he follows a path with his finger* "and Land safely on Axum"

he sat back and looked to her, his face shrouded in uncertainy

While we wait to complete the first jump why don’t I make some tea and we can start to get to know one another, which is vital if we’re to trust each other.”

"it would seem i dont have a choice Jedi......." he looked away "im too much of a coward to die" his voice died off

We only have each other to depend on. I believe in you Vince and I believe beneath all that hatred and rage you want to feel peace again.”

he just watched her go, burying himself in his robes once more he closed his eyes
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn’s actions pause as Vince changes the plan she had prepared. The news that Wayland is a Sith training ground is disturbing. This is information the council must know, but it will have to wait. Pale green eyes stare at the display of Wayland as Vince explains the defenses and sites of the training academies. The information is stored to be brought to the council’s attention.

“Where to then?” She aks.

Vince pulls up a new map and programs a new travel route as he briefs her on the planet. "Here, Axum, quiet, temperate planet, mountains, jungles, out of the way of major civilizations, if you’re going to kill me it’s the perfect place to dump a body........3 days travel if we follow… Drop out of hyperspace at these coordinates, come around the back side of one of Anaxes’ moons to avoid detection, the Anaxians stop any ship that enters their space and search them, ........we...didn’t get along last time I was in the area and would rather avoid them... slip in under their radar scopes here and land safely on Axum."

Taryn frowns; she doesn’t like the inclination that she is stealing him away to kill him. Once they’ve made the jump to hyperspace she leaves the cockpit. In the galley she starts to boil water while preparing two mugs with tea leaves. Tea is one of her specialties as were her special blends which she cultivated from plants and herbs grown in the gardens at the temple and collected from different planets she had visited.

The concoction she steeps now is meant to relax the body and ease the mind. She hopes the brew will help Vince be more open to conversation or at least calm the rage funneling through his body. Taryn however is prepared for Vince’s silence. It could take days for him to at least trust she is not acting on orders to kill him. Pouring hot water into each mug an aroma of spice and musk waffs into the air.

Returning to the cockpit she carefully places a mug on the flat section of the consul for Vince before settling down into the pilot’s chair. Sitting back with the mug cradled between both hands. Remaining silent Taryn stares out into black space while carefully shipping at the tea. She makes no attempt to read Vince or even to pry. Eventually she breaks the silence.

“I have no intention of killing you. I snuck you out of the temple because I disagreed with the council’s decision.”

Turning her head to look at Vince, studies his face, the lines of anger and stubborn set of his jaw give her pause before she continues, “It is also not my intention to become your new master. I’m here to guide you through your rehabilitation; of course this arrangement will only work if it’s what you want.”

Taryn’s gaze shifts back to the viewport as she carefully sips at the tea before cradling the mug in her lap. “It is my hope you and I will become friends.”
 
Vince was quiet as he stared at the controls infront of him, tucked away in the darkness of his robes he finally just stopped thinking all together. with a heavy exhale he looked out at the stars as they streaked by he had spent these past hours thinking back to the past 24 hours, everything that happened, reaching into a pocket he pulls out a small silver ball, his eyes focusing the ball begins to hover. letting the force flow through him he concentrates on the ball, letting himself sink into a light meditation.

as all other senses switched off he hadnt realized Taryn had returned. his eyes finally blinking he recalled the sphere to his hand and tucked it away. Looking to the glass that was offered he reached out and cupped it, raising it to his mouth he inhaled gently. Arching a brow he had never been much of a tea drinker. but with a reluctant shrug he took a sip and let a shudder pass through his body, it was actually quiet good

“I have no intention of killing you. I snuck you out of the temple because I disagreed with the council’s decision.”

Taking another sip his head turned slightly as he looked to her, his face was emotionless, void "that makes two of us" sits back in his seat just holding the cup within his hands

“It is also not my intention to become your new master. I’m here to guide you through your rehabilitation; of course this arrangement will only work if it’s what you want.”

"you could be removed from the Order for this you know" his voice soft, almost a whisper. his mind suddenly working again, realizing the consequences of her actions, defying the council, jail breaking a fugitive from jedi custody, it made him pause and look to her calling on the force once more he looked at her again, with his Force sight he could see her aura, these actions threw him, she was of the Light, he could see her aura shining, but her actions spoke otherwise

“It is my hope you and I will become friends.”

that statement tripped something within him and he snarled, setting the cup down he drew into his cloak again "i dont need Friends Jedi, i never did, Friends mean one more person looking to hurt you"

he drew his face into his cloak and just stared a the stars
 
Taryn Nalani

"You could be removed from the Order for this you know.”

Taryn looks to into the mug those pale eyes gazing into the murky water the steam wafts up warming her lips and the tip of her nose. “Yes, I know, but there are times when you need to follow the path you believe is right.”

The thought of losing her place among the Jedi makes her heart ache, but how could she have let them carry out their judgment and still serve the order? There will be consequences when they return, if they return. Their future paths are many. With a slight tilt of her head she looks to Vince and tells him how it’s her wish to be friends. This is a mistake.

"I don’t need Friends Jedi, I never did, friends mean one more person looking to hurt you."

For a moment Vince had begun to open up, to relax, but then she said one thing too much. She can feel him close up like a slamming door. Taryn releases a small sigh and presses her lips to the rim of the mug, drinking in the cooling tea. She’ll need to keep her distance. Give him space and hopefully he will open up on his own. “You’re only partially right. A friend doesn’t look to hurt you, but sometimes they do. We have all been hurt, betrayed… felt the pain of loss.”

Rising to her feet she turns to leave the cockpit, “Facing the pain and letting go is easier than living with it. I am going to retire to my quarters, should you need me.”
 
Last edited:
as he sat and brooded, why the hell had he let himself become comfortable with this women? why in the hell had he let his guard down. SHE was the enemy, SHE was to be killed, how had he allowed her to, he growled in frustration. He could just kill her, take her ship, take her saber and strike her down, simple enough, and his hand twitched, almost ready to just act on that impulse, but a thought in the back of his head, fighting, this close to the controls, he could kill them both, end both of their problems.....no...no that was a cowards way out.

“You’re only partially right. A friend doesn’t look to hurt you, but sometimes they do. We have all been hurt, betrayed… felt the pain of loss.”

"what would you know of Loss Jedi, you know NOTHING, so do not begin to preach to me about loss, " he snapped, his face turning, his gaze hard, but...something more, his resolve waivered, just slightly

Facing the pain and letting go is easier than living with it. I am going to retire to my quarters, should you need me.”

He snorted as he turned back to face his console, reaching out he adjusted their course just slightly to keep on track with their destination

"what ever Jedi, i promise i wont kill you in your sleep" his voice thick with sarcasm
 
Taryn Nalani

"What would you know of Loss Jedi, you know NOTHING, so do not begin to preach to me about loss.”

Taryn pauses at the archway leading out of the cockpit, her back to Vince, she turns her head slightly to speak over her shoulder, “Don’t think because I have peace I don’t know what it is like to hurt. I’ve experienced great pain, but I didn't allow those feels to control me.”

The Jedi Master can sense the conflict in Vince and knows the coming months will be difficult. In fact, he will likely always struggle with his anger. The easier path would have been not intervene; to have allowed the council to carry out their judgment. She cannot allow his outbursts to deter her from the path she has set them on. Right now whatever she says she must expect him to lash back. He will try to drive her away in order to prove what he believes – that she will hurt and abandon him just like everyone else. He will only begin to heal when he faces the hurt – she tries to tell him – which only irritates him. As she takes a step outside of the cockpit she hears him bite out bitter words.

"Whatever Jedi, I promise I won’t kill you in your sleep.”

Taryn considers responding, but decides to remain silent; bickering would get them nowhere and she is tired. In the quiet of her room Taryn sinks into her bed and closes her eyes; soon she is sleeping.

The hours pass….

After a few hours of sleep Taryn is in the small galley of the ship preparing a craft of tea along with baking a few muffins. She hadn’t gone to check on Vince when she woke up sticking to her decision to give him the space he needs. However, she did make enough food and tea to share should he decide to approach her. A part of her thought it would be easier to get through to him if they were alone; she’d be naïve in that thought. Carrying a tray out to the common area she sits on the half circle couch and pours herself some tea.
 
Last edited:
Vince heard her stop, and subtle catch of breath like she was about to say something back but instead she just left, his eyes closed and he breathed in then exhaled slow. He had been ready for a fight, for her to snap back at him, but she didnt, and it threw him off guard within minutes all was silent. Vince stared out at the stars as they whizzed by, time just seemed to stop, reaching out Vince activated the Auto pilot deciding to the let the computer fly itself for now he just continued to stare, the soft hum of the engines, the blinking of the console lights. Before vince knew it he fell asleep his body and mind just too exhausted to continue.


Vince was still asleep when the jedi woke up, snoring softly in his seat the hood of his cloak had fallen away, his legs where tucked up again his body, curled into a ball in the co-pilots chair
 
Taryn Nalani

The days turned into a week….

They are on the final course to Axum.

Silenced reigned between them as the days passed. Taryn felt it would be best to give Vince his space hoping that when they do reach their destination he’ll be more willing to talk. During the time of travel she mediated, often, searching for guidance. She has no definite answers, but she is at peace. When she wasn’t mediating she cooked meals and always left a plate for Vince.

Prolonged space travel is always tiresome. Taryn couldn’t decide what felt lonelier traveling alone or being ignored by your travel companion. Of course, he’s not here by choice and she is unsure if he will decide to stay. There is still the chance she might have to kill him. Having made some tea she carries two mugs into the cockpit and sets one down for Vince. She noted most of his time was spent here and perhaps it was because it helped him feel as if he had some control. Settling into the pilot’s seat she had trusted him to navigate their jumps.

Taryn breaks the silence, “We haven’t long till we reach Axum. Have you decided what you want for your future?”
 
The days had droned by. Staring at the console before him, the stars, it all had become to monotonous. In the End even Vince’s anger couldn’t survive this long. He once had had to spend 3 months on his own in space. Just waiting, surveying ships, monitoring traffic. But it was all the same now. Vince’s anger had waned, the first few times Taryn had brought him food he had ignored it. But even that, his body demanded he eat, the healing trances, sleeping, it only did so much before your body just said Eat you idiot

Vince was weary, and he ate, almost to a point of being ravenous. The food had been delicious, and after he failed to die after the first meal he had suspected the jedi to have poisoned and had continued to live he had started to look at her in a new light. Every day he expected her to continue to preach, to try and save his soul. But after the first few days he realized she, the first in years, just left him alone. By the end of the week Vince’s skin was crawling, the silence had done its work and he was itching for a conversation, for……………what? , more talk? Idle prattle of jedi teachings……..

His hand flexed as he looked up, having been so wrapped up in his own thoughts he hadn’t heard Taryn approach

, “We haven’t long till we reach Axum. Have you decided what you want for your future?”

Vince took the tea and for once felt no anger, no scathing remark, and he smiled to her and sipped the tea setting down on the plate. Had this been her doing? Somehow over the past week, with all her meditating, and avoiding him, had she somehow managed to instill a sense of calm into him? To drain away his anger? His power? Vince frowned slightly then rubbed the bridge of his nose between his eyes. He was thinking to hard, and now he had a migraine.

“yea, I have” he finished the tea and set the cup and saucer aside “ill……….come with you” Vince sighed, some time ago he had removed his cloak after adjusting the cockpit temperature slightly higher so the plasma relays wouldn’t heat dissapate so fast and warm the interior. He looked to her
 
Taryn Nalani

For the first time since their trip began Taryn didn’t feel seething hostility from Vince when she entered the cockpit. Taking her place on the captain’s couch she keeps an eye on the countdown till they’ll leave hyperspace, reaching their final destination. At this point it was time to ask Vince what he had decided.

"We haven’t long till we reach Axum. Have you decided what you want for your future?”

“Yea, I have.” Taryn waits patiently during the pause while he finished the tea she’d brought him. “I’ll……….come with you”

She wasn’t looking at him while he’d taken the time to answer her question, but now she turns her head slightly to peer at him out of the corner of her eye and gives a small nod. “Thank you, for giving me a chance to help.”

Looking away she adds, “So we’re clear. You don’t need a new master. You’re well trained and know the power you possess. I’ll answer your questions and offer guidance, but it is up to you to seek the healing.”

As they leave hyperspace Axum comes into view and Taryn hopes their time together will be result in Vince finding his way back to the light side. “Since you have been here before I leave the task of taking us to a remote location, where we won’t draw attention from the locals, to you. We’ll use Fading Dawn as home base.”

Though she feels starved for conversation Taryn decides it will be best to allow Vince to decide how much they talk and the subject of their conversations. If they are to be friends it will have to be his decision. Perhaps, in time, she’ll offer her friendship again. As Vince guides Fading Dawn down to the planet she wonders about the future. Will Vince be able to turn his back on the darkside? Will the council forgive her for going against them? Pressing her lips together she wonders if Cal will forgive her or if he’s looking for them now? There is a chance the council has sent him or someone else to find them. When she tried to look into the future there were too many unknown factors, too many decisions to be made, all paths are unclear, clouded.

When they are safely landed Taryn stands and looks to Vince, “We should camouflage the ship I have a tarp. After which I’d like to explore our surroundings. You’re welcome to join me.”
 
Last edited:
“Thank you, for giving me a chance to help.”

Without thinking Vince just nodded, his lip curling just slightly in a smile, looking to his control panel he reached out and adjusted the attitude controls, looking to the main computer readout they were close to their destination, turning he risked a glance to Taryn. His brow furrowing some, he still just could not figure this Jedi out. She had broken every rule and everything he had thought he had known about the Jedi. She defied the council, kidnapped him from their custody, all for what?

“So we’re clear. You don’t need a new master. You’re well trained and know the power you possess. I’ll answer your questions and offer guidance, but it is up to you to seek the healing.”

Vince just nodded again and was about to speak with the computer began to beep, reaching out he tapped a few buttons, reaching up to the throttle controls he drew the levers back, the aqua blue/green vortex of hyperspace streaked into stars then slowed back into normal space. His mind back once more on piloting he reached out to the scanners and began scanning the planet

“Since you have been here before I leave the task of taking us to a remote location, where we won’t draw attention from the locals, to you. We’ll use Fading Dawn as home base.”

His brain was on autopilot, focused on what he had done so many times before he didn’t even hear what he said as he spoke to Taryn “Yes Master” then said nothing more, as he swung the ship into a low orbit, his eyes on the ships scanners he located a suitable place for them, above the planets equator in a more tropical climate yet far enough in the northern hemisphere to not be oppressively hot. Looking out the view port he guided the ship past the planets sensor network and down. Within minutes the soft Thud of the ship touching down jolted through the hull. Reaching up he powered back the engine controls and then there was silence.

“We should camouflage the ship I have a tarp. After which I’d like to explore our surroundings. You’re welcome to join me.”

Vince nodded again, turning in his seat he cracked his neck, a flare of pain ripping through his body. In all his time spent in the co-pilots chair his body had grown stiff, his joints had seized slightly from lack of use. Vinces face twisted as he sucked in a breath. After a minute he moved again, a little slower, as his body and muscles began to stretch again he looked to the Jedi and saw the concern on her face, and he couldn’t help It, he cracked a smile “Guess it was my fault Jedi, refusing to actually sleep in a bed” he flashed her another smile then moved to the back of the ship, grabbing his pack from storage he opened the rear hatch, feeling that first hot gust of wind and the touch of the sun on his flesh to help warm his skin taking in a deep breath it felt good to be back on solid ground. For the first time in years, at least for now, Vince felt at peace
 
Back
Top