Trump the Chump sometimes right about Press

LoriDean12345

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 18, 2016
Posts
586
I despise Donald Trump.

But sometimes he's right about the press.

This is the photograph ALL of the major networks ran with to emphasize the rancor between the Trump and the other G7 members:

MSNDFCZ.jpg


And yet this second photo was taken moments later, seeming to imply that they were all laughing and having a good time:

rNcp62p.jpg


Context is everything.
 
apparently everybody gets along when the Japanese prime minister isn't in the picture.

Poor guy.:(
 
I'm surprised by the mildness of what you've taken issue with.

I'm more concerned by all self-professed 'reliable' news outlets from Washington post to BBC getting all high and mighty about how the fake assassination in Ukraine "undermines the public trust in the press" and how it's so dangerous to media credibility to pull stunts like that.

...never once taking five minutes to ponder how a story that had absolutely no basis in reality passed their supposedly strict investigative-journalism vetting processes and was published round the world with their own stamps of journalistic approval. Nobody forced them to publish the story, they got duped and rubber-stamped the story because they were told to.

That story doesn't undermine credibility in the media, it gives us an insight into how incredible the media is.
 
I'm surprised by the mildness of what you've taken issue with.

I'm more concerned by all self-professed 'reliable' news outlets from Washington post to BBC getting all high and mighty about how the fake assassination in Ukraine "undermines the public trust in the press" and how it's so dangerous to media credibility to pull stunts like that.

...never once taking five minutes to ponder how a story that had absolutely no basis in reality passed their supposedly strict investigative-journalism vetting processes and was published round the world with their own stamps of journalistic approval. Nobody forced them to publish the story, they got duped and rubber-stamped the story because they were told to.

That story doesn't undermine credibility in the media, it gives us an insight into how incredible the media is.
Oh really? Please tell us exactly who made up the story.
 
I find it entertaining that Blue posted the reply above. What does what you're saying have to do with the thread's topic, other than being indirectly related to the Press?

Your comment is so far off from my own, that you would be better off creating your own anti-Press thread. You would probably get more replies that were also more relevant.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I thank you for the bump. But your reply in this thread is like complaining about the weather in a food blog.
 
Last edited:
It's more than balanced by Fox spewing outright lies and licking his butt 24/7. Small potatoes.


I despise Donald Trump.

But sometimes he's right about the press.

This is the photograph ALL of the major networks ran with to emphasize the rancor between the Trump and the other G7 members:

MSNDFCZ.jpg


And yet this second photo was taken moments later, seeming to imply that they were all laughing and having a good time:

rNcp62p.jpg


Context is everything.
 
The Ukrainian government faked the whole thing with the goal of supposedly capturing Russian agents.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44428078
Ukrainians lie, and it's the fault of the media for posting it. Trump lies, and it's the fault of the media for checking it and posting the truth.

I marvel what kin thou and thy daughters are:
they'll have me whipped for speaking true, thou'lt
have me whipped for lying; and sometimes I am
whipped for holding my peace.

---King Lear, Act I Sc iv
 
Considering how it ended, which pic was more accurate? I'd say #1.

I despise Donald Trump.

But sometimes he's right about the press.

This is the photograph ALL of the major networks ran with to emphasize the rancor between the Trump and the other G7 members:

MSNDFCZ.jpg


And yet this second photo was taken moments later, seeming to imply that they were all laughing and having a good time:

rNcp62p.jpg


Context is everything.
 
I think most people understand a photograph is a moment in time.

But it never would have caught as a symbol of "rancor" if he hadn't, er, exhibited rancor in his subsequent remarks.
 
Looking at all of the coverage across the board (thanks to a free press), there isn't much question how the G7 summit went, Lori. We wouldn't have known how it went without the overall press coverage to look at and access. We certainly couldn't have trusted how Trump and his advisers said it went.

As far as this photo, it was first released by the German government, not the press, to make the German government's point.
 
I’m late to this party but I’ll weigh in anyhow. I don’t think either picture shows any malice from the press. The first picture shows Trump listening intently to whatever Merkel is saying in the second Trump seems to be responding to whatever she said. That’s about all I get out of the pictures per say.

What probably leads people to believe Trump is being wronged is not the photos themselves but how they were used on the internet afterwards and more to the point how they were captioned. The one that sticks in my mind is the first photo captioned with the remark “when the whole world thinks you’re an asshole.”

As far as Trump and the press goes what makes me cringe is when Trump says things like, “NBC, NY Times, CNN, etc are the enemy of the American people.”

I often wonder if he actually understands the concept of what he’s saying in relationship to the history of this country and the free press. The established professional press has been overly kind to him. Sure they point out times when Trump says stupid stuff and he gives them plenty of opportunity to point their fingers at him. He just does.

When he was campaigning he said, “I’ll lock up journalists who write bad things about me.”, and the press hasn’t crucified him.. In fact I’ll say it again I believe the press treats him with kit-gloves. I remember when Clinton was president and the press went after him, his wife, his daughter even his dog... When you’re president you are fair game, its just a fact. Its been that way for 200 years, in fact the press is a lot kinder today in they treatment of presidents than they were with Lincoln and Jackson back in the day.
 
Back
Top