Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood.
:rose:

"To begin at the Beginning.

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched, courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the sloe-black, slow, black, crow-black, fishingboatbobbing sea.

The houses are blind as moles (though moles see fine to-night in the snouting, velvet dingles) or blind as Captain Cat there in the muffled middle by the pump and the town clock, the shops in mourning, the Welfare Hall in widows' weeds.
And all the people of the lulled and dumbfound town are sleeping now.
"

Probably the best thing Burton ever recorded.

"To begin at the Beginning.

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched, courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the sloe-black, slow, black, crow-black, fishingboatbobbing sea.

The houses are blind as moles (though moles see fine to-night in the snouting, velvet dingles) or blind as Captain Cat there in the muffled middle by the pump and the town clock, the shops in mourning, the Welfare Hall in widows' weeds.
And all the people of the lulled and dumbfound town are sleeping now.
"

Probably the best thing Burton ever recorded.

Mmmmmm.

I always want to stop in Laugharne, on our way to our friend's caravan in the summer. The beaches there aren't great, tho! so we drive on through to the wide sands and pebbled tops of the surfers' paradise beach where the caravan park is situated, with the restaurants nearby serving moules marinieres and Willy the Fish selling freshly caught crab from his kitchen.
:p

home.jpg

You know I was joking..it'd be the cheap Chinese type. Definitely not the Emmental!

Roquefort was a cartoon mouse too??

Sure! He was one of the three Mouseketeers! There were Camenbert, Brie, Délice de Bourgogne and Roquefort!

Poor Michael, we must make up to you for the lack of cheese in China by making cheesy jokes. :D

:kiss: (and giving you lots of kisses) :kiss:

Sure! He was one of the three Mouseketeers! There were Camenbert, Brie, Délice de Bourgogne and Roquefort!

Poor Michael, we must make up to you for the lack of cheese in China by making cheesy jokes. :D

:kiss: (and giving you lots of kisses) :kiss:

As long as you don't start talking sausages..getting a decent one is just as hard as sourcing the cheese.;)
:kiss:

As long as you don't start talking sausages..getting a decent one is just as hard as sourcing the cheese.;)

My darling, I know just what you mean ...

Oh, :eek:, er well I have a plentiful supply of butcher's sausages but I will not go on about them then. Salami? Can you get nice salami occasionally? A good thick salami can often keep one going for quite a while, I find.

My darling, I know just what you mean ...

Oh, :eek:, er well I have a plentiful supply of butcher's sausages but I will not go on about them then. Salami? Can you get nice salami occasionally? A good thick salami can often keep one going for quite a while, I find.

I'm not 100 per cent sure we are talking cold cuts here..:devil:

I'm not 100 per cent sure we are talking cold cuts here..:devil:

Why I had always supposed that your meat was hot and spicy. Er, going by what I know of Chinese cuisine.

Mmm., now I'm going to associate to this omelette I just made which is really nice! Maybe I should've added a couple more leaves of wild garlic. I was cautious, not having cooked with it before. The sorrel is really nice, tho. Sour but in a nostalgic way, rather than curl your face up wincing at the memory.
:heart:

Why I had always supposed that your meat was hot and spicy. Er, going by what I know of Chinese cuisine.

Mmm., now I'm going to associate to this omelette I just made which is really nice! Maybe I should've added a couple more leaves of wild garlic. I was cautious, not having cooked with it before. The sorrel is really nice, tho. Sour but in a nostalgic way, rather than curl your face up wincing at the memory.
:heart:

Thanks for the Memories...:kiss::kiss:

Thanks for the Memories...

In search of lost times. Oh, they probably call it something else in the English translation! Y'know, Proust's long meditation on madeleines. They are delicious dipped in tea, actually, he was quite right.

2049475465_3c04075700_o.jpg

Thanks for the kisses! :kiss:

In search of lost times. Oh, they probably call it something else in the English translation! Y'know, Proust's long meditation on madeleines. They are delicious dipped in tea, actually, he was quite right.

2049475465_3c04075700_o.jpg

Thanks for the kisses! :kiss:

They look tasty..I should duck out and buy a little slice of sponge cake,,with dates in it. Lovely if it's fresh and moist..like...:devil:

here's another kiss for you..:kiss:

They look tasty..I should duck out and buy a little slice of sponge cake,,with dates in it. Lovely if it's fresh and moist..like...:devil:

here's another kiss for you..:kiss:

Mmm, kisses. Let me associate, Kiss Me Kate.

I'm Always True to You Darling, in my Fashion ... ;)

Enjoy your dates, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back