The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows a kiss to Vail in greeting.

@FHD I'm an intraoperative neurodiagnostic technologist. So I do somatosensory evoked potentials, transcranial motor evoked potentials, EMG testing, brain stem auditory evokes, brain mapping, ect..ect...

Nods

I've not heard of most of those things... I only know NCV because I've had one, twice. Not. Fucking. Fun. At all.

Especially when you have a heightened sensesation of pain.

Hehe I'm intraoperative. Which means you are passed out cold by the time my testing starts :p No pain for you....except maybe when you wake up. I stick needles in you to do it, so you might feel some soreness.

Hehe I'm intraoperative. Which means you are passed out cold by the time my testing starts :p No pain for you....except maybe when you wake up. I stick needles in you to do it, so you might feel some soreness.

Nods

NCV's involve getting stuck with needles... and electrocuted. Nothing like being turned into a human circuit board to make your day better.

Makes a face

She tilts her head back and laughs.

Yes...well...I shock the crap out of you, too...You're just knocked out with a butt load of drugs. It's actually kind of funny when people ask what I do and I don't want to give them a long and drawn out version of it.....I tell them I stick people with needles and shock them all day. I get some pretty amusing faces in response.

Gaze shifts to Vail and she smiles teasingly.

Puts down half eaten dinner and lays out all sprawled on the floor.

Can't eat anymore......

Head turns...smirks at Vail and the nail polish she only ever tried once and failed miserably at....and the tights....something she also fails miserably at...

Blows a kiss to Vail in greeting.

@FHD I'm an intraoperative neurodiagnostic technologist. So I do somatosensory evoked potentials, transcranial motor evoked potentials, EMG testing, brain stem auditory evokes, brain mapping, ect..ect...

The only words you said that I understood was 'I'm an', "so I do', and 'brain'. :eek:

@ Thryi - Hehehe long and fancy words to basically say.....I shock your nervous system to be able to tell if you can feel and/or move your arms and legs. Test whether or not your brain and spinal cord are getting proper blood flow.....and I can guide a surgeon around the areas on your brain that deal with feeling and moving stuff....Oh and the EMG is basically making sure nerve roots are still working for you :)

@ Thryi - Hehehe long and fancy words to basically say.....I shock your nervous system to be able to tell if you can feel and/or move your arms and legs. Test whether or not your brain and spinal cord are getting proper blood flow.....and I can guide a surgeon around the areas on your brain that deal with feeling and moving stuff....Oh and the EMG is basically making sure nerve roots are still working for you :)

Now that I understood. So it's a little like a TENS unit effect, but likely not as enjoyable except maybe to weird people like me? The important thing is that I get to imagine you playing doctor with me. ;) :D

@ Thryi Hahahaha the testing for making sure you can feel your arms and legs is a lot like tens unit stuff, actually. When I first applied for the job, my boss hooked me up to it so I'd know what it felt like. And I replied with "Dude, I've felt this already. They used to hook me up to something like this for my injuries in soccer."

Then I joined the scene and found out what other things tens units are used for and I couldn't help but laugh.

And I'm definitely not a doctor, sugar. I just tell the doctor what I see. They make all the judgement calls.

@ Thryi Hahahaha the testing for making sure you can feel your arms and legs is a lot like tens unit stuff, actually. When I first applied for the job, my boss hooked me up to it so I'd know what it felt like. And I replied with "Dude, I've felt this already. They used to hook me up to something like this for my injuries in soccer."

Then I joined the scene and found out what other things tens units are used for and I couldn't help but laugh.

And I'm definitely not a doctor, sugar. I just tell the doctor what I see. They make all the judgement calls.

I love my Tens unit. And you have the scrubs and a medical torture device; close enough to a doctor in my book. ;):rolleyes:

:) Tens units are awesome. Worked wonders for taking the pain out of a permanent injury I had back when I played. And any other muscles I had problems with for that matter. I've not played with them in a kink sense, though, so I can't really offer opinions on that.

Smirks and laughs. Hehe you have a broad definition, hun, but I'll give it to you. What I do could definitely be considered torture to some.

:) Tens units are awesome. Worked wonders for taking the pain out of a permanent injury I had back when I played. And any other muscles I had problems with for that matter. I've not played with them in a kink sense, though, so I can't really offer opinions on that.

Smirks and laughs. Hehe you have a broad definition, hun, but I'll give it to you. What I do could definitely be considered torture to some.

I actually haven't used mine for 'that' either. But it makes my pain so much more bearable, and even makes it go away some times. I admit I'm curious about the other uses though.

I know a few people who use one. They seem to like it. But I imagine it takes some knowledge and stuff. For the moment, I'd stick with it for muscle relaxation and pain alleviation.

Smiles as she remembers all the goodness it once did for her.

Though I doubt I'd go out and buy one for myself.

I know a few people who use one. They seem to like it. But I imagine it takes some knowledge and stuff. For the moment, I'd stick with it for muscle relaxation and pain alleviation.

Smiles as she remembers all the goodness it once did for her.

Though I doubt I'd go out and buy one for myself.

I've come across a few deals on them now and then for about 25 bucks. When I see them, I post them here for those folks who suffer from a lot of pain.

Yeah. If you know where and how to place the stim pads, it's awesome sauce. Helped out my ankle a lot.

It can, yeah. If you're having joint pain, you can position the pads in the muscles around the joints and it helps. I injured my ankle the same way four years in a row playing college ball. Made the injury permanent. My trainers used to place stim pads on different muscle groups around the ankle and it helped...but yeah...shocking bone hurts :p

Been using mine mostly for the area around the bulging discs in my back. Though it is also useful for my shoulders.

I could see how it would help relieve the muscle tension for the constant pain of bulging discs, but it won't help the source of the pain. Bulging discs are pressing against the spinal cord. Lots of ouchie and other complications can arise from them.

Shy blush I do a looooootttt of spine surgeries that are meant to fix disc problems.

I could see how it would help relieve the muscle tension for the constant pain of bulging discs, but it won't help the source of the pain. Bulging discs are pressing against the spinal cord. Lots of ouchie and other complications can arise from them.

Shy blush I do a looooootttt of spine surgeries that are meant to fix disc problems.

Nods softly

Yeah I know it won't. Mine is not bad enough to need surgery. I go in for another steroid shot on monday. Hope it sticks this time.

The steroid shot won't be a permanent solution. If you're curious about how the surgery would go, I can answer what I know. A lot would depend on the spinal levels.

The steroid shot won't be a permanent solution. If you're curious about how the surgery would go, I can answer what I know. A lot would depend on the spinal levels.

Well from what I was told steroid shot and PT is the solution, then again the doctors here are... well I don't have a great deal of confidence in them. Lets just say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back