Worst/Favourite Feedback You've Received

The worst feedback I ever received was anonymous feedback sent in a very long email. The person felt that my dialogue was terrible since I used complete sentences and proper grammar when the character was supposedly drunk. The feedback did not bother me because I am a very proper person, even when drunk. but the fact that they were such a coward they had to submit it anonymously knowing that I could not track them down kind of ticked me off a bit. Now I disable anonymous feedback.

The worst feedback I ever received was anonymous feedback sent in a very long email. The person felt that my dialogue was terrible since I used complete sentences and proper grammar when the character was supposedly drunk. The feedback did not bother me because I am a very proper person, even when drunk. but the fact that they were such a coward they had to submit it anonymously knowing that I could not track them down kind of ticked me off a bit. Now I disable anonymous feedback.

So, you are fully conscious of everything you say and do when you're drunk? I'd suggest that, if so, you aren't really drunk. :rolleyes:

I don't think this was bad feedback, really. I think it was a good observation, if your dialogue of a drunk was in complete sentences and proper grammar.

So, you are fully conscious of everything you say and do when you're drunk? I'd suggest that, if so, you aren't really drunk. :rolleyes:

No I'm just not a sloppy bitch

I don't think this was bad feedback, really. I think it was a good observation,

I was being nice the real message was more harsh and had some threats. Why do you think I have not posted a story on here in 6 months?

Was it the only feedback ?

If so, glean anything that was notable. If not, don't neglect those readers that took the time to say something nice. Keep going.

Apparently the majority of authors (dare I say all?) have been bombed by Anonymous. What if they all had quit?

I'll confess that I've been tempted to reply "Write your own fucking story!!" - but that would be unchristian. Where's my halo?

I'll confess that I've been tempted to reply "Write your own fucking story!!" - but that would be unchristian. Where's my halo?

Can't provide one (a halo). Because I have used that reply a time or two.

I know sr is disagreeing but I have spent 20+ years playing in dart and pool leagues all in bars. I have met many people who can be pretty heavily intoxicated and still speak coherently. I myself am one of them (the content of what Iam saying will change as the filter erodes but it is all understandable)

However I can see where someone could criticize it especially if the point is that the character is drunk. I have a chapter where the woman (girl sort of she is 19) and I have her start to slur some things to give the effect to the reader she is buzzing.

At the end of the day this is all a question of style we all do it differently and if you are happy with it go for it. If that person did not like your story oh well. The fatc that you said it got really nasty should take away the credibility of the comment anyway. I am sure there are many that did but unfortunately it seems as if the negative voices speak the loudest to some authors.

Just learn to roll with it and enjoy what you do. I have a note book where I print and keep my favorite feedbacks and half of them are negative. The constructive ones I use to learn from and the outrageous "You sick fuck" e-mails I just laugh at and of course the good serve to motivate as well.

But to agree with what many others are saying you shouldn't let this stop you. Grow a thicker skin and keep writing.

I don't think this was bad feedback, really. I think it was a good observation, if your dialogue of a drunk was in complete sentences and proper grammar.

And honestly, even when not drunk, I'd bet most people slack when it comes to proper grammar in their speaking. Just because someone is "proper" even when he/she is drunk doesn't mean everyone is. I personally don't edit myself when I speak and make sure I'm using proper grammar. Anyone who does is just a tad stuffy in my opinion and needs to remove the stick from their ass. :D

Anon a mouse

Some of the rudest comments I've ever recieved have been by Anonymous, but also some of the most hilarious. I had one that followed every chapter of my Billion Dollar Slaves story and was always the very first to post a comment, yet he/she hated every chapter, every character, my style of writing, ect. Anon a mouse as I called him was my biggest fan. lol

Some comments I just don't understand. A perfect example is like the comment I just recieved on my newest story http://www.literotica.com/s/the-freak-22.

the person wrote (fun read. I'm a shitty comentor ) What can one say in reply to that?
Dom Woolf

My favorite feedback

I've been submitting stories to the LW category over the years and hearing from morons who post negative crap just to be the biggest, vein covered, V.D. infested cocks possible. Ironically, their actual cocks must be the size of Pez candy dispensers for them to be so threatened by my stories. The best feedback I ever received was an anonymous email sent by some really scary whacked out dude.

This is totally awesome!

SOME TRUTHFUL INFO FOR YOU AUTHORS THAT DEPICT ENDLESS ADULTERY AND LUST BASED ACTIONS. THAT ARE NOW SENDING MILLIONS OF SOULS ON THIS GAIA WORLD TOWARD , NEXT LIFETIME, HELLS THEY COULD NOT IMAGINE IN THEIR WORST NIGHTMARES !!!!J,+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=I URGE YOU TO TAKE GREAT CAUTION, I AM THY GOD, YE TURN FROM MY MESSENGERS AND MINE ONES SENT FORTH AGAIN UNTO YOU AND DENY THESE WORDS, AND YE ERR BEYOND THY COMPREHENSION. SO BE IT.I AM---Creator God Aton------- SOME INFO FOR YOU !NEXT LIFETIME, HELLS ?????
------ BE SURE AND READ - " A STORY " - FOUND BELOW!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ WHAT IS YOUR KARMIC RESPONSIBILITY IN WRITING AND POSTING THESE LYING CHEATING WHORING STORIES LIKE ??? YOU THE AUTHOR, ARE NOT HELD INNOCENT IN CASES LIKE THIS, WHERE YOUR STORY HAD INFLUENCE ON READERS WHO BELIEVED YOUR STORY AND THEN WENT OUT AND EMULATED YOUR CHARACTERS IN SATANICALLY DRIVEN LUSTFUL ACTIONS.. IN OTHER WORDS YOU CREATE NEGATIVE KARMA FOR YOUR ETERNAL SOUL, IF YOU HAVE A SOUL, AS MANY ON THIS WORLD DON'T. WHEN THIS HAPPENS, YOU SHALL PAY YOUR KARMIC DEBT FOR THIS !! Did you ever stop to think that the real adulterers [male or female] who are flushing their marriages down the drain by cheating on their loyal faithful spouses ( THAT INCLUDES WIFE SWAPPING AND SWINGING THAT IS EQUAL TO AND IS ADULTERY ON THE PART OF BOTH IN A MARRIAGE ), will pay a price, so terrible that in their worst nightmares they could not match the real consequences that will be the result of their satanic actions. Don’t miss reading - ‘ A STORY ‘ -that you will find below !!!

It goes on for at least twenty pages. It gets crazier and crazier, with links to the Black Pope and whole lot of other crap one could only dream up in an insane asylum. I kept reading because the whole thing sounded like a series of sales pitches for ‘A STORY’, and I had to know what the hell this story was.

And again, it is totally awesome!

A STORY:

A number of years back the actual future evolutionary path of many souls on this world, called Morther Earth or GAIA, was described.

Since this world, GAIA, is evolving to 5th density where evil can not exist ( i. e. duality- good and evil ) , those souls who WILL NOT be making the trip to 5th with the planet ( MOST OF THE ENSOULD BEINGS ON GAIA ), must go elsewhere to planets that match their vibration, or in many cases worse environments - where there is the total lack of Creator’s light.

Since most planets in this galaxy that can support sentient ensouled lifeforms ( many tens of thousands ) are feminine water planets ( like Earth/GAIA ) , many without any land surface at all, there will be many souls that will never animate an Eve / Adamic [ human body] ever again. This, because of the extreme darkness that they have allowed their souls to sink into.

Many will then have to animate / ensoul such sea creatures, as perhaps an intelligent octopus, as this species evolves toward full consciousness across the many eons of time ( The soul is limitless in its power and can animate whatever it wishes. ). Sadly I suspect that many of those who will be residents of these water worlds, will be those who are steeped in LUST on this world.

WOW!

If I’m coming back as a dolphin for writing erotic fiction, then this dude is totally coming back as a sea slug for this shit.

Bumping this thread cause I think it is a great place to vent. To date in the year+ I have been here no comment has ever really pissed me off. As I said I try to learn from constructive and laugh at the outrageous. Today however I woke up to one that sent me through the roof here it is.

similar
07/04/11 By: lycanmonster
if yall liked this series, try #######, read all ** chapters, then brace for the next one coming out. as for my comment on this series, its a bit dark for me, ill just wait for ch ^^ of the above listed series.

Okay this piece of shit plugged another series which I removed from the comment here. What really set me off is I have no doubt this is an alt of the other author. The account was started yesterday (comment came sometime after midnight) and he has one fav, the author of that series.

I have had a few people e-mail me telling me his series is similar to mine and he has as well and I think this was a pathetic attempt to 'turn things around' ironic thing is view/vote wise his series does better than mine but is stroke compared to mine actually having several involved plot lines.

Now as for the "too dark for me" Honestly I'll take that. It is what I am striving for but in his case he is mimicking other comments. This is the first comment I have ever deleted. I even left the one I posted a page or so ago that was nothing but two paragraphs of insults up just to prove I take bad with good, but I'll be damned if I will be a billboard for someone else's work.

In the last two months he has created a character who has the same name as my female lead, added a dimension to his male character that comes from mine, and is now trying to bring in an S&M aspect that I have had since day one. And he has the audacity to say I am similar to him?

If you are reading this asshole, and I think you are, try having an original idea. It would be your first.

Last edited:
Here's one: "Disrespect and awful behavior is liked by the readers?
07/02/11 By: Anonymous
I dislike the way Kael is treating Andy, without any respect. In order to give this story better points or in this case stars,you have to do better with your characters. "

/chuckle/ I didn't assume everyone would like the content in my story; but trying to shame everyone else who read and liked it (because it didn't agree with his/her own opinion) is arrogance at its finest. Bravo!

My favorite piece of feedback so far has been "I hope you're writing more even as we speak."

Least favorite would be some guy who clearly was just having a bad day and wanted to call someone stupid to make himself feel better... I've already forgotten what he said.

Bumping this thread cause I think it is a great place to vent. To date in the year+ I have been here no comment has ever really pissed me off. As I said I try to learn from constructive and laugh at the outrageous. Today however I woke up to one that sent me through the roof here it is.

similar
07/04/11 By: lycanmonster
if yall liked this series, try #######, read all ** chapters, then brace for the next one coming out. as for my comment on this series, its a bit dark for me, ill just wait for ch ^^ of the above listed series.

Okay this piece of shit plugged another series which I removed from the comment here. What really set me off is I have no doubt this is an alt of the other author. The account was started yesterday (comment came sometime after midnight) and he has one fav, the author of that series.

I have had a few people e-mail me telling me his series is similar to mine and he has as well and I think this was a pathetic attempt to 'turn things around' ironic thing is view/vote wise his series does better than mine but is stroke compared to mine actually having several involved plot lines.

Now as for the "too dark for me" Honestly I'll take that. It is what I am striving for but in his case he is mimicking other comments. This is the first comment I have ever deleted. I even left the one I posted a page or so ago that was nothing but two paragraphs of insults up just to prove I take bad with good, but I'll be damned if I will be a billboard for someone else's work.

In the last two months he has created a character who has the same name as my female lead, added a dimension to his male character that comes from mine, and is now trying to bring in an S&M aspect that I have had since day one. And he has the audacity to say I am similar to him?

If you are reading this asshole, and I think you are, try having an original idea. It would be your first.

Now, that's dirty pool.

What really set me off is I have no doubt this is an alt of the other author. The account was started yesterday (comment came sometime after midnight) and he has one fav, the author of that series.

The whole creating of alts for this purpose is so pathetic. Now I can see creating an alt for the purpose of writing in a different genre; in fact, I may do that if I choose to submit something to the incest category. But to do so just for the sole purpose of skewing scores and harrassing other authors is just desperate. Seems like it would take a lot of time, and I definitely have better things to do with my time, like WRITE.

Jeeze and I thought I was the sickest one on the site! lol
Domwoolf

I'm writing brother sister incest. she was sexually abused at one point he was physically abused. they are practicing satanists, they engage in hardcore BDSM sex she is a recovering alcoholic/cokehead. he is paranoid schizophrenic and she is also bi.

In Lex Talionis he runs into the foster father who beat him and lures him to his house to kill him and comes pretty close.

If you can top it be my guest.

LW the best site for comments

I just posted my newest short fun story on the LW category and as usual it got instant and hilarious comments including one where the guy figures I have no idea what a loving wife is. I posted the story on our 26th wedding anniversary. I got to be doing something right. lol

P.S. lovecraft you got me beat by a mile. lol

Dom Woolf

http://www.literotica.com/s/after-hours-ch-02-3

Last edited:
I just posted my newest short fun story on the LW category and as usual it got instant and hilarious comments including one where the guy figures I have no idea what a loving wife is. I posted the story on our 26th wedding anniversary. I got to be doing something right. lol

P.S. lovecraft you got me beat by a mile. lol

Dom Woolf

http://www.literotica.com/s/after-hours-ch-02-3

Maybe in sickness I have you beat but you are by far the bigger masochist of the two of us if you are swimming in the LW pool.

I would love to give it a try but it is an alien field for me. I am not into swinging in RL or as a fantasy and the cuckholding thing is also not my bag. And I also am bored to death of the Big black cock stories which is also a big theme there so I don't even think I could get a "plot bunny" together for one.

So more power to you! You are a hardy soul and congrats on #26! Sorry to say all too rare these days that level of commitment.

The whole creating of alts for this purpose is so pathetic. Now I can see creating an alt for the purpose of writing in a different genre; in fact, I may do that if I choose to submit something to the incest category. But to do so just for the sole purpose of skewing scores and harrassing other authors is just desperate. Seems like it would take a lot of time, and I definitely have better things to do with my time, like WRITE.

Psssst, come closer...... no closer..... I'll tell you a secret!

I'm an alt. I am really SR Pilot and I created LC for someone to fight with and prove my superiority against.

See LC is an overbearing asshole and that just goes to prove I am the best at everything I do, including being an asshole!

What? was that gay bashing? who said that?

I disagree partially - in some cases, people who are drunk can communicate in properly constructed sentences (I have when drunk, although it took a bit more time, I had no problem with the construction, merely the delivery)...

...what might be funny is if that drunken person communicated properly - but in a different language (imagine Walter Mitty as Don Juan, with Bryan Adams' "When You Really Love A Woman" playing on a radio in scene)...

I disagree partially - in some cases, people who are drunk can communicate in properly constructed sentences (I have when drunk, although it took a bit more time, I had no problem with the construction, merely the delivery)...

...what might be funny is if that drunken person communicated properly - but in a different language (imagine Walter Mitty as Don Juan, with Bryan Adams' "When You Really Love A Woman" playing on a radio in scene)...

You are talking real life. This is the world of fiction. Being able to communicate well while drunk (although conveying real feelings is fine) goes too much counter to stereotype in fiction to invoke without explanation. When you do, you get criticized for not being logical. I suggest that's what happened with this example--because the author didn't set up the logic of it in terms of fiction writing. And the story got dinged.

You are talking real life. This is the world of fiction. Being able to communicate well while drunk (although conveying real feelings is fine) goes too much counter to stereotype in fiction to invoke without explanation. When you do, you get criticized for not being logical. I suggest that's what happened with this example--because the author didn't set up the logic of it in terms of fiction writing. And the story got dinged.

Just starting to write a bit myself and have a question on this point. I understand that by definition drunk would mean you are a past a certain point and it would be sort of an oxy moron to still be functioning as if you were sober.

But it is fiction and I think peole look for reasons to like a character or think they are "cool" so having one that gets "better as they get drunker" could be something that makes the character more interesting.

On this site people write about mothers loving their sons, werevolves, ridiculous group orgies. Every guy wants to watch his wife fuck, and every woman wants to be raped. I don't think someone who can function while drunk should be enough of a detriment to a story that it would ruin it.

Also by it being a world of fiction you should be able to get away with more not less. Isn't fiction supposed to suspend reality?

Just starting to write a bit myself and have a question on this point. I understand that by definition drunk would mean you are a past a certain point and it would be sort of an oxy moron to still be functioning as if you were sober.

But it is fiction and I think peole look for reasons to like a character or think they are "cool" so having one that gets "better as they get drunker" could be something that makes the character more interesting.

On this site people write about mothers loving their sons, werevolves, ridiculous group orgies. Every guy wants to watch his wife fuck, and every woman wants to be raped. I don't think someone who can function while drunk should be enough of a detriment to a story that it would ruin it.

Also by it being a world of fiction you should be able to get away with more not less. Isn't fiction supposed to suspend reality?

Yes, but this is a case beyond the expected that needs to be explained within the context of the story--or was taken care of by virtue of the category it was written to. If it isn't, readers are going to think (and maybe say) that it's beyond believability--which, apparently, is what one reader did here.

Yes, in fiction you can suspend reality--but only by creating a new reality for the context of that work. Which you, the author, have to somehow do within the context of that work.

The reader still has to buy into the new reality. If the reader hasn't, it's time to look at why not. (Yes, sometimes it's the reader. But if you've written a coherent drunk without explaining how that could happen, I think this is a case where it's not the reader who needs to adjust.)

Yes, but this is a case beyond the expected that needs to be explained within the context of the story--or was taken care of by virtue of the category it was written to. If it isn't, readers are going to think (and maybe say) that it's beyond believability--which, apparently, is what one reader did here.

Yes, in fiction you can suspend reality--but only by creating a new reality for the context of that work. Which you, the author, have to somehow do within the context of that work.

The reader still has to buy into the new reality. If the reader hasn't, it's time to look at why not. (Yes, sometimes it's the reader. But if you've written a coherent drunk without explaining how that could happen, I think this is a case where it's not the reader who needs to adjust.)

Okay, so lets say you preface it by having one of the other characters in the story remark something like "Tom always did have an uncanny tolerance for alcohol."

Then later in the story they are at a party or a bar and he is drunk yet functioning does that make it more 'believable'?

Back