Your experience with Adultfriendfinder and other such sites?

Society

I See You
How was the experience with it? I'm looking into signing up for AFF, and possibly one other site, but are there really that many horny people there, or are people just looking for friends to talk to?

I've had experience, and a degree of success, with an AFF couples profile. I don't consider myself an expert, obviously, but I've gotten a pretty good feel for the site's dynamics over the past 18 months.

There's a good thread about AFF on the Personals forum, BTW.

Some sincere advice:

--Keep in mind that you likely won't have success with a Standard membership. AFF promises that you'll hook up with all kinds of horny people, but they're saying that to sell memberships. A standard member's ability to view profiles and send messages is very limited. Women and couples can (and do) have success without paying, but with the ratio of men to women anywhere from 7:1 to 10:1 and possibly higher, you won't be able to make yourself stand out from the crowd. To increase your chances of success, be prepared to pay, and even then, results aren't guaranteed. I'm sure there are exceptions, but from what I hear, they are exceptions and not the rule.

--Most women do not want to see a cock as the main profile pic; in fact, a lot of women delete those messages without reading them. It's also best if you put some effort into filling out your profile as thoroughly as possible.

--Be polite. Most women on AFF won't respond to a "Nice tits--wanna fuck?" email any more often than the lovely ladies on Lit do. If you send a message and you get a "Thanks but no thanks" response, then drop it. She's not interested.

--Be realistic. You probably won't have success overnight, or even within a week or two (or longer). On the AFF Advice Lines magazine section (which is like the HT board minus at least 50 IQ points) there's at least one question a day asking, "I've been here a week and I haven't gotten laid yet. What's the problem?" AFF women aren't a selection on an all-you-can-fuck sex buffet and a lot of them don't take kindly to being treated as such. If you want sex right now, get a hooker.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Eilan said:
I've had experience, and a degree of success, with an AFF couples profile. I don't consider myself an expert, obviously, but I've gotten a pretty good feel for the site's dynamics over the past 18 months.

There's a good thread about AFF on the Personals forum, BTW.

Some sincere advice:

--Keep in mind that you likely won't have success with a Standard membership. AFF promises that you'll hook up with all kinds of horny people, but they're saying that to sell memberships. A standard member's ability to view profiles and send messages is very limited. Women and couples can (and do) have success without paying, but with the ratio of men to women anywhere from 7:1 to 10:1 and possibly higher, you won't be able to make yourself stand out from the crowd. To increase your chances of success, be prepared to pay, and even then, results aren't guaranteed. I'm sure there are exceptions, but from what I hear, they are exceptions and not the rule.

--Most women do not want to see a cock as the main profile pic; in fact, a lot of women delete those messages without reading them. It's also best if you put some effort into filling out your profile as thoroughly as possible.

--Be polite. Most women on AFF won't respond to a "Nice tits--wanna fuck?" email any more often than the lovely ladies on Lit do. If you send a message and you get a "Thanks but no thanks" response, then drop it. She's not interested.

--Be realistic. You probably won't have success overnight, or even within a week or two (or longer). On the AFF Advice Lines magazine section (which is like the HT board minus at least 50 IQ points) there's at least one question a day asking, "I've been here a week and I haven't gotten laid yet. What's the problem?" AFF women aren't a selection on an all-you-can-fuck sex buffet and a lot of them don't take kindly to being treated as such. If you want sex right now, get a hooker.

Good luck.
That helps a lot, thank you.

Society said:
How was the experience with it? I'm looking into signing up for AFF, and possibly one other site, but are there really that many horny people there, or are people just looking for friends to talk to?

I had alot of fun on Lava Life when I was single... met alot of new friends.. some for drinks... some for a bit more... I liked it because I posted & NEVER paid a dime.... the ppl that wanted to chat with me contacted me & I replied for free....I personally got something I needed out of it at the time...
I still chat with some of the guys I met up with or PM'd on Lava....but they all know I am "spoken for"

Stegral said:
I had alot of fun on Lava Life when I was single... met alot of new friends.. some for drinks... some for a bit more... I liked it because I posted & NEVER paid a dime.... the ppl that wanted to chat with me contacted me & I replied for free....I personally got something I needed out of it at the time...
I still chat with some of the guys I met up with or PM'd on Lava....but they all know I am "spoken for"
I've been trying LAVAlife as well, but not having any luck yet. Gotta give it more time.

Aff

I was on AFF for about a yaear, although I didn't get as much responses as I would have liked I did get some. Beware though alot of those sites are preyed upon by cam girls and other solicitors wanting them to join their personal sites

lustfulthinker said:
Beware though alot of those sites are preyed upon by cam girls and other solicitors wanting them to join their personal sites
Yes, yes, yes. If a woman's profile looks too good to be true, chances are it is. That's not to say that there aren't some lovely ladies on AFF, though.

AFF will remove the spammers, bots, and fronts for pay sites if people report them.

Stegral said:
I have tried LavaLife phone here in Chicago. It was recommended by a friend who said she met a few guys on it. Well, I did have to pay. Once you figure out how it works, it's not so bad. I met some women and went out with a couple. Nothing serious. They also have an adult section that I haven't tried, but if it's like the other secions, it probably isn't that bad.

I mostly use to go on LavaLife on the phone when I was bored out of my mind, but did manage to meet some cool women from it. And some bad apples too.

It's been awhile since I have been on though, and I heard they have made some improvements.

My boyfriend and I put a profile up looking for a female and didn't get any responses. Then again, we're not very attractive, so maybe nobody responded because we disgusted them.

College_geek said:
My boyfriend and I put a profile up looking for a female and didn't get any responses. Then again, we're not very attractive, so maybe nobody responded because we disgusted them.
As Eilan said, it's likely simple supply and demand, not you specifically, CG. I'm sure you've seen how many couples there are on EVERY site looking for another woman, and how few women there are seeking couples. We've had ads seeking women, couples, and the right type of man, but of course we only got responses from men and couples. You just have to expect those results and not take them personally. I've heard, "We're a young, fit, hot, sexual couple, so how come we can't find a woman to join us?" many, many times...rest assured Ken and Barbie probably aren't getting results either. :D

I've been off and on AFF over the years and honestly haven't had any success. Just been out some money trying the gold membership hoping it'd yield some results.

Also don't forget that girls with profiles will garnish more results than guys will.

Bryce Be I said:
I've been off and on AFF over the years and honestly haven't had any success. Just been out some money trying the gold membership hoping it'd yield some results.

Also don't forget that girls with profiles will garnish more results than guys will.
Granted, I had more requirements than "breathing," am seeking more than a quick fuck, and didn't try the paid memberships, but I didn't have luck on there either. Many of the responses I got (from women as well, and that's who I was seeking) were off-putting because they were pushy and standardized, and a few were downright scary. Even for something casual, it seems like a lot of people have better luck with a site like Craigslist or OKCupid.

Icq, Msn or whatever online communicate tools are also good for looking for adult friends, people there might be more reliable, I guess.

No luck at all, And I've tried more than a few of these services. Even with a good pic, filled out profile and paid membership, I got nowheres. It could be that I live in Ohio, but there were lots of those profiles in ohio. I tried reaching out to make contact (Being a guy) But still didnt seem to get anywhere with anything. =P

Aff

I had a wonderful experience with AFF. I got lots of weirdo responses but i did end up meeting a wonderful man. we dated for over a year and and still best friends, just with benifits lol. he was never pushy and let me move at my own pace, that thats what turned me on big time. if he would have opened up with "your hot, lets fuck" he would have been dismissed with the delete button. good luck

Society said:

I tried AFF. Being a woman I got a lot of responses. The major draw back, is that there are a lot of players on there looking for one night stands, or to cheat on their wives. And my oh my did they ever lie about being married. So I got tired of trying to figure out who was real and moved on. Now if you are looking to get an easy lay, well then it might be the place.

Succulent-one said:
The major draw back, is that there are a lot of players on there looking for one night stands, or to cheat on their wives. And my oh my did they ever lie about being married.
And then they complain about how married men are discriminated against. Some women just don't want to go there.

If you're a man don't bother with any singles/dating site. There's far too many men and the women are far to picky. They are all looking for their absolute perfect man. And he's got to look perfect on paper. They're not prepared to get to know you first. If you don't look perfect they won't give you the time of day.

We tried AFF for awhile and had several interests but just never connected on a level where we felt comfortible enough to ask. We did find a site that was very personel and used it and found lots of success and met some great people. Swingvilliage is a pay site that offers a 30 day trial to try it out. We liked it and will use it again when we are in the mood to swing alot more than we are now. ( we found some friends there and are playing with them only for awhile). Hope this helps.

KC 69

human_male said:
If you're a man don't bother with any singles/dating site. There's far too many men and the women are far to picky. They are all looking for their absolute perfect man. And he's got to look perfect on paper. They're not prepared to get to know you first. If you don't look perfect they won't give you the time of day.

It makes sense!

human_male said:
On a site like AFF, the men are far less likely to want to get to know the women. Some of them get pretty pissy if a woman wants to take certain precautions (like emails, IM's, phone calls, public meetings for dinner, etc.) before jumping into bed with them. After all, it's a sex site, and if you're not there to fuck, you should leave. Right? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying all men on AFF are like that, but I've talked to enough women on there to know that there are quite a few who are.

Society said:

I didn't have much success with AFF. Primarily, I only had the standard, and it wasn't really what I was looking for anyway.

Beleive it or not, lit.com was more of what I was looking for.

bholderman said:
Beleive it or not, lit.com was more of what I was looking for.
Good point. Society, since you're in Ohio, you might want to take a look at some of the active Ohio threads on the Personals board and The Playground.

Eilan said:
Good point. Society, since you're in Ohio, you might want to take a look at some of the active Ohio threads on the Personals board and The Playground.

I shall start doing that. Thank you.

Back