Bitcoins, Bitcoins, who needs the Bitcoins ?

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
A Nationwide Bomb Threat Email

December 13, 2018

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/talalansari/bomb-threat-email-bitcoin-across-us


gsgs comment- Boston, MA was forced to deal with it.



Beth the Elder One

@BethElderkin
Nothing says 2018 quite like bomb threat spam for bitcoin

3:42 PM - Dec 13, 2018

Police in Calgary and Toronto posted on Twitter that they, too, were investigating threats, but, like their US law enforcement counterparts, did not have “any reason to believe they are credible”.

“However, out of an abundance of caution we are treating each as if it is real,” Calgary police said.


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...oin-payment-appear-to-be-hoax-authorities-say

FBI Washington Field

@FBIWFO

(Notice posted- We are aware, keep in touch)

3:11 PM - Dec 13, 2018


http://gothamist.com/2018/12/13/bomb_threats_bitcoin.php

The sad part, is that they targeted schools for children.

:(
 
With all of our advanced technology, we can track the instigators only to an adress in Moscow, Russia- but nothing more accurate than that ?

It was a mass mailing, nationwide. People reacted in real time. It was a disruption and a threat of harm and destruction to each town and city.

Real services, vehicles, personnel, and energy was misdirected away from people that needed them. Productivity disrupted, safety endangered. The distress created in victims, and those that love them.

All for blackmail, to bring bitcoins to callous thieves.

A week later, and no further answers.
 
Foreign cyberattack hits newspapers: Here is what we know

LA Times

(Someone must have tracked the origin, because formerly the article said they suspected the attack originated from inside the U.S.A.)


(gsgs comment-Which nation was behind disruptive cyberattack on multiple US newspapers?)


The Chicago Tribune has not held back on publishing accurate, articles informing the public, and opinion pieces that describe how incompetent, dishonest, and criminal, Donald J. Dump is. Did all of the newspapers under attack, publish something that Donald "John" Dump did not like-

(Sorry, No Wall, Trump fans!)

"Each day is a chance for Trump to expose his incompetence at every element of his job. Each day, he seizes the opportunity."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...competent-shutdown-troops-20181228-story.html

Malware attack disrupts delivery of L.A. Times and Tribune papers across the U.S

December 29, 2018


Multiple newspapers around the country were affected because they share a production platform.


The attack delayed distribution of Saturday editions of the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union Tribune. It also stymied distribution of the West Coast editions of the Wall Street Journal and New York Times, which are printed at the Los Angeles Times’ Olympic printing plant in downtown Los Angeles.

Several individuals with knowledge of the Tribune situation said the attack appeared to be in the form of “Ryuk” ransomware. One company insider, who was not authorized to comment publicly, said the corrupted Tribune Publishing computer files contained the extension “.ryk.”

“Ryuk"

Neino also said that tracking the identity of attackers can be difficult since malware code is often freely distributed online.

For instance, even if an attack appears to be Russian because of the “malware family traits,” Neino said, “code still could have been sourced, weaponized and deployed by an actor who downloaded it from an underground forum anywhere in the world.”


https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-times-delivery-disruption-20181229-story.html
 
Back
Top