The Official Authors' Hangout Winter Hoildays 2018 Support Thread

Working on that next story, ( non-contest ) about 800 words in, and I figure another couple hundred words are going to clear the setup out of the way.

Much more typical for this pen name. Probably settle in at about 5-7k. It's even something I can post here. LOL A lot of my RR stuff lately has been really short, outside the content borders, or doesn't have a home here. ( bi-male )

Might even finish it off quickly enough to dial in that Milf idea I had for the contest, with sufficient time to edit it before the deadline.
 
Mine is at 16k+ and it's past the climax. I reread the whole thing this morning to take care of some comments and to get ready to write the resolution. I can't judge the content, but the text seems to be in pretty good shape.
 
Pushing the deadline with one more

My current's about 10K words in, and a little over a third of the way through. I'm not sure it will make the deadline, and I'm vacillating between posting it by Christmas anyway, or holding it until next year.
 
Noob contest submission questions

Sorry but I didn't find these answers in other forums:
1. Can I submit an already-published story to the contest, or do I need to delete the original and add it as new with the "WINTER HOLIDAYS CONTEST 2018" in the Notes field? Or is there a better way to do this?
2. Can a Poem be submitted to the Story contest? I originally posted my "Twas the night before XXXmas" as a story in Erotic Couplings, though it really should have been submitted in the Erotic Poetry category. But if it needs to be a Story as opposed to a Poem in order to be submitted to the story contest I will still mark it as Couplings.

Thanks in advance for any help! I truly appreciate all of the great creative lit you authors put forth. Good luck in the contest!
 
Sorry but I didn't find these answers in other forums:
1. Can I submit an already-published story to the contest, or do I need to delete the original and add it as new with the "WINTER HOLIDAYS CONTEST 2018" in the Notes field? Or is there a better way to do this?
2. Can a Poem be submitted to the Story contest? I originally posted my "Twas the night before XXXmas" as a story in Erotic Couplings, though it really should have been submitted in the Erotic Poetry category. But if it needs to be a Story as opposed to a Poem in order to be submitted to the story contest I will still mark it as Couplings.

Thanks in advance for any help! I truly appreciate all of the great creative lit you authors put forth. Good luck in the contest!

1. No, not if it has been published on Literotica before.

2. No, it is a story contest. You could have a story in rhyming couplets etc but it would have to be longer than 750 words. The readers might not be receptive to a 'poem' posted as a story - but who knows? It might work.

Extract from rules linked from Laurel's Winter Holiday sticky:

All stories submitted must be the original work of the person submitting them, and the author must have the legal right to submit the story to Literotica. By submitting the story to the site and/or contest, you are simply granting us the non-exclusive right to publish the story on Literotica. You retain all copyrights to your work. Only new stories which meet all existing Literotica criteria are eligible for the contest.
 
Last edited:
Mine is in the last stages. It's all written, but there are a couple passages I need to think through. I hope to submit it this weekend for publication early next week.
 
Long day tomorrow editing mine.

That other idea is going to have to go into the "next year" folder. I got sidetracked by a dirty little story that wouldn't leave me alone, plus I have a contest story to work on for elsewhere. Despite my reduced work schedule through the turn of the year, there just isn't enough time to squeeze another entry here in.
 
A week left till deadline. Can my POS tale worm its way out by then?
 
Mine's in! Well, twice now, actually. I realized after the first time I submitted it that neither the title nor the short description had any indication that it was a mom/son story. I went back, edited the short description and resubmitted.
 
Mine's in! Well, twice now, actually. I realized after the first time I submitted it that neither the title nor the short description had any indication that it was a mom/son story. I went back, edited the short description and resubmitted.

Congratulations. I’ve been working on my short for the publisher. Two winter holidays stories to finish over the week and that’ll be me for the year on Literotica. After I get these done I have a novel to wrap up and that’s 2018. This years gone so fast!
 
Managed to finish the cold read of mine, but the boy hasn't let up for a second, so I haven't even started the grammar check, let alone the text-to-speech.

Still shouldn't be a problem. Worst case scenario, I'll get it done when he goes to school tomorrow. Plenty of time.
 
And, I was right. Finished off my edit. Got it all formatted and in the queue.

Goals on this one are pretty much the same as any incest story. Hoping for 1k votes in the first 24 hours. I don't think it's unreasonable to aim for 20 author favorites, which will put me over 2k.

Of course, the major goal is getting my readership in this pen name to stick with a story so long, when my average is typically a third the length of this one. LOL
 
I wonder if there is a supplement you can recommend to your readers to make them last longer? hahah, ah, ha aaaa... Okay, that's not even funny.
 
LOL

Last year's Christmas story was almost this long, so there's some precedent. This one's quite a different animal, though. Younger, more naive, and inexperienced first person narrator. Far different word choices, etc. A main character with a (nick)name that could very well pull people out of the story. The suspension of disbelief gap is a little wider.

I'll see when it posts, I suppose.

I wonder if there is a supplement you can recommend to your readers to make them last longer? hahah, ah, ha aaaa... Okay, that's not even funny.
 
I wasn't going to try and get one done for this contest, as I didn't even read about it until a week or so ago...I thought; no way could I get one done. But, I've had an idea sketched out for an old west romance between two men for months. I had always planned on it being way more of a romance that an erotic stomp through the sage brush...and that it would require more words/story than usual. Anyway, the weather's turned wet and cold...and left me to find something to do indoors.

I just wrapped up the final sentence today and it sits at a little over 27.5k words. I need to let it sit a bit, then read it through from start to finish. Thankfully it sort of fell together in neat little segments and I cleaned each one up as I went...just need to try and get a feel for the complete piece. I think I can make the 12/7 deadline...so wish me luck...as I wish you all the best too!

PS: Inviting all cowboys and lovers of a good western yarn to take a peek and let me know what you think ;)
 
I promised another story site I'd write a holidays story based on where I went this weekend. If I get it finished before this contest is over, I'll include it here. That would make seven for me in this contest.
 
I promised another story site I'd write a holidays story based on where I went this weekend. If I get it finished before this contest is over, I'll include it here. That would make seven for me in this contest.

Oh yeah...if I could type with more than two fingers...I'd show you...yes sir I sure would :D
 
The most useful class I had in high school was typing.

And I missed that class :( My first introduction was because it was required in college...back when it was a manual with correction paper! At least now, I have a computer that is smarter than I am, so it's tolerable.
 
Same here. No interest in industrial arts or auto, so I didn't have many options. Proved to be an excellent non-decision.

Computer Programming was the second most useful, and made much easier by #1.

The most useful class I had in high school was typing.
 
Back
Top