Across the Pond from America

Serkis? Doesn't sound very British does it? I reckon he'll need to watch his back. We've got plenty of proper British actors out of work :cool:
 
Theresa May has won a confidence vote in her leadership of the Tory party by 200 to 117.

(That is a great deal of resistance from within her own party.)

What about the House of Commons ?

No majority in the House of Commons in favour of her Brexit deal.


Jason Cowley

@JasonCowleyNS
May can't get her signature Brexit deal through the House and 117 of her MPs have no confidence in her - in normal times, they'd be a general election, but these are seriously abnormal times ...

126
4:12 PM - Dec 12, 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...b039b33ff8e141#block-5c117a94e4b039b33ff8e141


(Yesterday, American journalists noted the border issue in Ireland.)


Funny/tragic line included in BBC report via PBS

"Brexit is PM Theresa May's "Groundhog Day." (reference to American film). Return to Brussels."



DECEMBER 12, 2018

Britain’s Theresa May Survives Leadership Challenge, Remains Prime Minister

The European Parliament's Brexit point man, Guy Verhofstadt, could not contain a note of annoyance, tweeting: "Once again, the fate of EU-U.K. relations, the prosperity of businesses & citizens' rights are consumed by an internal Conservative party catfight over Europe."

https://ktla.com/2018/12/12/theresa-may-faces-no-confidence-vote-amid-brexit-chaos/


(gsgs comment- The Guardian newspaper has been very good, on supplying information on who or what is involved in this Brexit battle.)
 
Tom Peck: 'Theresa May is out of ideas, out of time, out of luck, ...and soon she'll be out of a job too'.


https://www.independent.ie/opinion/...-soon-shell-be-out-of-a-job-too-37618301.html


(That sums it up, very nicely.

yikes

I had no idea that PM May had so much in common with Trump.

She was so desperate to become PM that she took up what most other prominent Tories knew was a poison chalice, the Euro negotiations. Her party elected her because they didn't want any of the others. Her ego was so great that she was convinced she could increase her majority by calling an unnecessary general election. She lost her majority and the only reason she survived that was that there was no one the party thought could handle a minority government situation. If truth be told, that is the reason she survived the vote last night.

However, the Brexiteers in her party are refusing to accept a defeat as anything less than a victory and are already planning other ways to force her resignation. Amazing when you think that Cameron only offered the referendum in an effort to unite his party.
 
I think you're being a bit harsh on May. She was the only candidate in the Tories that had any integrity and wasn't swivelled eyed like fascist Leadsom that no one has heard of. Even today we've got a bunch of unelectable Eton twats playing pocket billiards in the wings. She called the election because the country faced such a huge switch in direction and the Labour party were in tatters.

Cameron was a twat, didn't deserve the job and proved it by his actions. He wasn't even the first to suggest a vote - Tony Blair promised to hold a vote, but while the politicians played kick-around tease with the idea, no one but twatface was stupid enough to make it happen. He didn't think it would unite his party - he just thought it would shut them up. Given the full-attack right wing press and brazen lying by the Eton cunts, who could see it ended up in the total clusterfuck we now have? We should be conducting Russian collusion investigations.... but then, even the Russians didn't think UK people people could be so dumbfuck stupid as to believe the right wing propaganda. Who knew huh?

That's my piece. I have no further comment to make on why the people of the UK decided to assfuck themselves.
 
I suppose, that this was inevitable.

Zack Steffen will continue playing for Columbus Crew in the MLS next season until July


Manchester City have agreed to sign United States goalkeeper Zack Steffen, a deal his MLS club Columbus Crew described as a "historic transfer".

The 23-year-old will join City in July 2019 on a four-year deal for about £7m and will stay with the Crew for the first part of the MLS season, which starts in March.

Steffen is the United States number one and has six international caps.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46530855
 
Very sad day, to see America and UK mirror each other's worst aspects.

PM Theresa May and her supporters flounce off to their Christmas holidays, Trump and his supporters crawl away under cover of darkness, security guards, and secrecy, to their Christmas holidays. Leaving their countrymen and countrywomen in a state of worry.
 
Very sad day, to see America and UK mirror each other's worst aspects.

PM Theresa May and her supporters flounce off to their Christmas holidays, Trump and his supporters crawl away under cover of darkness, security guards, and secrecy, to their Christmas holidays. Leaving their countrymen and countrywomen in a state of worry.

Don't worry GSGS, they'll be back sooner than you expect.:)
 
god damn what a bunch of pussy ass bitches that have no concept of anything at all. bet you wouldn't know if you pissed on your own hand or not.

illegal is illegal.
 
Well here we are: the slo-mo trainwreck of UK government is sliding into platforms 1 through 9 with a buffet carriage thick with pigs snouts, half-drowned in gravy. What a bunch of complete wankers, most of them now much richer wankers. Bring on No Deal - who gives a fuck, when no one has a say in it?
 
Well here we are: the slo-mo trainwreck of UK government is sliding into platforms 1 through 9 with a buffet carriage thick with pigs snouts, half-drowned in gravy. What a bunch of complete wankers, most of them now much richer wankers. Bring on No Deal - who gives a fuck, when no one has a say in it?

Everyone had a say at the last General Election. The British people elected the "wankers" so it is really the people who are to blame. They can't agree amongst themselves what they want, why do you expect their representatives to be any different.
 
Everyone had a say at the last General Election. The British people elected the "wankers" so it is really the people who are to blame. They can't agree amongst themselves what they want, why do you expect their representatives to be any different.
Exactly, so I may have to stand at the next erection myself and put my mouth where the money is ;)
They're still wankers and should never have been given a task beyond their ( collective ) abilities.
 
Martin Rowson
@MartinRowson

Oh, today of all days, just a reminder that @Nigel_Farage said if he didn't get the Brexit he wanted, when he wanted it, he would "put on the khaki" and "pick up my rifle". He also said, on June 24th 2016, that Britain had had a Revolution without a shot fired in anger, days...

2:31 AM - 15 Mar 2019


Martin Rowson
@MartinRowson Replying to @MartinRowson

...after Jo Cox was shot & stabbed to death by an English Nazi on the streets of an English town. The blithe, boastful, smirking recklessness of these wankers is probably the worst thing about them, which says a lot.

2:33 AM - 15 Mar 2019

Jo Cox killed in 'brutal, cowardly' and politically motivated murder, trial hears

14 Nov 2016

Prosecution says Thomas Mair shot Labour MP (Jo Cox) three times and stabbed her repeatedly in premeditated attack

The killer struck as Cox went about her business in her Yorkshire constituency during the European referendum campaign, in which she had supported the campaign to remain in the EU.

Cox was 41 when she died, and had two children, then aged five and three.

Mair is alleged to have accessed a string of internet sites about Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, the Waffen-SS, Israel, matricide and serial killers in the days before Cox was killed. Items later recovered from his home showed he had “strong political and ideological interests”, Whittam told the court.

The jury was told that the day before Cox was killed, the defendant had gone to the library in Birstall, where he had used a computer to access a number of items, including the Wikipedia page for an online publication called the Occidental Observer.

The page states that it is a far-right publication with a white nationalist and antisemitic perspective, and which is concerned with matters such as white identity and western culture, Whittam said.

Mair viewed online material about Nazis, the death penalty in Japan and serial killers.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ally-motivated-murder-trial-thomas-mair-hears
 
Exactly, so I may have to stand at the next erection myself and put my mouth where the money is ;)
They're still wankers and should never have been given a task beyond their ( collective ) abilities.

Unfortunately, when you have a binary choice as you did in the referendum, people make the choice they do for a variety of reasons. In that respect, parliament does reflect the people. Some wanted to leave with no deal. Some thought that as soon as we said we were leaving, the EU would be falling over themselves to offer us a better deal than we had when we were in. Some thought they could take the trade aspect and dump all the bits they didn't like. Add to that Ego stoking that always goes on in government and you get what we have now. You have some genuinely concerned for the welfare of their constituents. You have others who want the destruction of their own parties because they hope to take over the remnants and become leader. Then you have those who are acting purely out of self-interest. Their money is largely invested in countries with which the EU has no trade agreement and if they can make Britain a backdoor into Europe they stand to make even more money.

I just look at it all and say 'Now you know why referenda form no part of the UK constitution.'
 
Unfortunately, when you have a binary choice as you did in the referendum, people make the choice they do for a variety of reasons. In that respect, parliament does reflect the people. Some wanted to leave with no deal. Some thought that as soon as we said we were leaving, the EU would be falling over themselves to offer us a better deal than we had when we were in. Some thought they could take the trade aspect and dump all the bits they didn't like. Add to that Ego stoking that always goes on in government and you get what we have now. You have some genuinely concerned for the welfare of their constituents. You have others who want the destruction of their own parties because they hope to take over the remnants and become leader. Then you have those who are acting purely out of self-interest. Their money is largely invested in countries with which the EU has no trade agreement and if they can make Britain a backdoor into Europe they stand to make even more money.

I just look at it all and say 'Now you know why referenda form no part of the UK constitution.'
Individual voting decisions may have been base on some of those, but given the way that the EU had been represented in the largely right wing media in the UK, people voted in a display of irritation. Yes, people were unjustifiably pissed off with Europe, because only the down-side of it was news-worthy. A parallel referendum might have been "The smell of French garlic soup- yes or no?", without realising that it also meant getting rid of the air that carried the smell.

When I read how Rees Mogg has profited from Brexit confusion, or Boris's cheating ambition for No 10, and people like Aaron Banks & Peter Hargreaves, who had everything to gain personally from Brexit, peddled lies through the hands of Jonathan Harmsworth and Rupert Murdoch, then 'no' referenda should not be run at all. We have a process already, as I am often reminded here, of parliament. Brexit is simply a concept, not a deliverable action.
 
I have more respect for Corbyn now...
tumblr_p3f6kzeo5o1w2yppfo1_1280.gif
 
Wes Streeting MP Verified Account
@wesstreeting Replying to @theresa_may

I’ve thought long and hard before saying this, but @theresa_may knows that MPs across the House are subjected to death threats - some very credible. Her speech was incendiary and irresponsible. If any harm comes to any of us, she will have to accept her share of responsibility.

2:26 PM - 20 Mar 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...like-trump-theresa-may-sparks-mps-brexit-fury
 
never could understand why the English liberals WANT to be part of the new Reich...

Churchill did his damndest to end Adolph and his Reich, yet when modern day germans redid it with a new name..... you bent over and spread your ass cheeks with a big smile and said "thank you" after words.
 
Martin Rowson, speaking about his political cartoons

Previously I’d been creating more obviously political cartoons about a specific strategy or policy or whatever. It’s meant in a way to be a kind of disjointed cartoon strip where you don’t know how it’s going to end because you don’t know what the events are going to be. So there is a narrative running through it, and thankfully most of the people who regularly see my stuff do get the recurring characters. Some have said, for instance, “What is that huge furry cup doing there?” “It’s a fur cup.” “Sorry?” “A furc-up.” “Oh, I see!” But it doesn’t matter if they don’t get it, there’s other stuff going on as well.

http://bookanista.com/martin-rowson/

(So many furc-ups!)
 
never could understand why the English liberals WANT to be part of the new Reich...

Churchill did his damndest to end Adolph and his Reich, yet when modern day germans redid it with a new name..... you bent over and spread your ass cheeks with a big smile and said "thank you" after words.

Churchill made several speeches, post-war, calling for the establishment of a United States of Europe as a means of guaranteeing an end to European wars. Looks like it worked.
 
Brexit: What's the f**k is going on?

This guy is not a fan of Parliament. :rolleyes:

Once again Jonathan Pie hits the nail on the head. Our political parties are desperately trying to hold themselves together and it isn't Brexit that has broken them, it is they who have brought about Brexit. Over the past thirty years they have done unpleasant things to the working people and blamed it all on the EU. Britons has not had one single law forced upon them against the will of parliament but as soon as it is shown to be unpopular our government passed the buck.

When the Bankers screwed up the economy it was the people who paid for it in the form of austerity. and when people are suffering they look for someone to blame. By MPs and right-wing press (that means just about all of the UK Press) It was the EU and EU immigrants who were to blame.

If we had a fair voting system they would have known what was coming because the views of the people would have been represented by the views of their elected representatives. We don't have such a system, we have a system where it is possible for a party with 38% of the vote to take 63% of the seats. Brexit hasn't marked the end of democracy in the UK, it has never been democratic. What Brexit did was give the people a situation where every vote counted irrespective of where you lived and it allowed chickens to come home to roost. After 30+ years of demonising the EU they asked the people if they wanted to cast off the demons and were shocked when they said yes.

Theresa May blames parliament for the mess but that is shirking responsibility. She and her party created the climate around Brexit. The two main parties are responsible for preserving a system which allows such a disparity between votes cast and numbers of elected MPs

Like Jonathan Pie I am now feeling very sad for my country.
 
Once again Jonathan Pie hits the nail on the head. ....
snip....

Like Jonathan Pie I am now feeling very sad for my country.

^^ What he said. You're right, it was the Conservatives who got us into this mess, the right-wing media that lied to us ( and continue to do so ).
I've voted in the online petition to recall article 50. Fucking lot of use it'll do but hey.
 
Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

Hundreds of thousands of people opposed to Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union marched through central London on Saturday to demand a new referendum as the deepening Brexit crisis risked sinking Prime Minister Theresa May’s premiership.

After three years of tortuous debate, it is still uncertain how, when or even if Brexit will happen as May tries to plot a way out of the gravest political crisis in at least a generation.

Twisted Knickers?

USA has the Trumpanzy rebellion and UK has Brexit chaos, and the French are... well, still French.

Russia rubs it's hands in glee, until Europe can't buy their gas anymore!:eek:
 
Back
Top