The Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass

According to Payne and Doak, many evangelicals believed they were at an inflection point after former President Barack Obama’s reelection that showed they had lost control of the country to secularism.

The fact that Trump won, despite being a heavy underdog and despite receiving fewer votes than his Democratic rival, was seen as a divine sign that God was not forsaking Christian America.

“Trump’s surprising win — despite his overt rejection of traditional Christian morals — offers proof of the president’s status as God’s chosen leader,” they write.


https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/bi...plain-evangelicals-convinced-god-chose-trump/

gsgs comment-
God/god wills it ? (Who willed the Russians to directly interfere ?)

/end gsgs comment
That would be the Old Testament God, wrath and retribution, fire and brimstone.
 
The split is complete-

Us or Them.


I am a Democrat, and an American Liberal. I have no desire to pretend that there is a world beyond Alice In Wonderland's Looking Glass , that I can dwell in.


I am "one of Them," to the people that pretend to live on the Other Side of AIWLG. I place myself in opposition to all of their aims.

tRump said ", He fights for us." He did not intend for those words to be interpreted as "Us, all of Us Americans." He was speaking to his fan club in Montana. Or, his hired group of rally pretenders. (Some are tRumpstaff, staff of aides, staff of Republican candidates). Someone has to pose for the camera, and respond to the prompts from rally wranglers. Good photo-ops for propaganda is not provided for free.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/current/donald-trump-celebrates-violence-against-journalists


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/18/trump-greg-gianforte-assault-guardian-ben-jacobs


https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45913921

Sample rally-

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/12/us/politics/trump-maga-rally-play.html
 
The Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass needed to see itself reflected. FOX TV obliged. NBC carried FOX TV's Megyn Kelly into the daylight. ABC placed Meghan McCain at the table, with the women of the View. Elisabeth Hasselbeck proved to be too screeching in her approach to defending the indefensible.

But, she served the purpose.

Persuasion, that the unacceptable, was not unacceptable. Society would be force fed its doses of poison.


https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/megyn-kelly-apologizes-blackface_us_5bcf7dace4b055bc9485cc9b


Padma Lakshmi Retweeted

Last Week Tonight
@LastWeekTonight
·
8h
It's apparently that time of year when we once again have to ask: "How is dressing up like other races still a thing

1:37 PM · Oct 23, 2018

Padma Lakshmi
@PadmaLakshmi
·
10h
Because
@megynkelly
: minstrelsy is the basis for the coining of the term "Jim Crow" laws which served to humiliate & target Black Americans. Because caricaturing another race perpetuates the dehumanization of POC who are being killed & jailed at a disproportionate rate in the US

11:11 AM · Oct 23, 2018


Padma Lakshmi
@PadmaLakshmi
·
11h
I cannot believe the ignorance on this in 2018. You are on national television. You have a responsibility to educate yourself on social issues @megynkelly
. This is so damaging.

10:49 AM · Oct 23, 2018
 
A man was told by Orange tRump to prove his loyalty, and keep a secret. This man body slammed and beat a reporter from a major British newspaper, because of an American health care question. Days ago, tRump himself imitates the punches given to a living journalist, in front of an audience, and praises the violence.

Hostility and violence used against the press and media, has been a tRump theme, since the campaign began.

A bomb is sent to CNN offices, in the name of tRump opposition , Director John Brennan.

The rumor fed to the conspiracy-hungry, about George Soros.

A bomb is sent to George Soros.


Orange tRump has used Hillary Clinton's name and picture to rouse his fan's hostility. Her husband Bill, and her daughter are also the object of unproven and false accusations.

A bomb is sent to the home of the Clintons.


President Obama has stepped down, but his legacy of sanity, kindness, and dignity still serves Democrats.Obama is campaigning for Democrats.

A bomb is sent to his home.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) spoke out against tRump, and a bomb is sent to her office at the San Diego Union newspaper.


A fourth package, addressed to former Attorney General Eric Holder, was mistakenly delivered to the office of Florida representative and former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz a few hours later. (The package apparently listed Wasserman Schultz’s office its the return address.) And Capitol Hill police intercepted a fifth intended for Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) the same afternoon.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/explosive-devices-clinton-obama-soros-738958/

 
*shaking head*

I cannot imagine, how people that pretend to dwell the Other Side of Alice in Wonderland's Looking Glass, would react if President Obama or President Clinton had dismissed the mass murder of worshippers in a synagogue.

(Orange tRump) appeared to place at least some blame on synagogue officials, telling reporters as he boarded Air Force One that the shooting could have been prevented by an armed security guard synagogue.


https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...agogue-shooting?ref=hpsplash&utm_term=4ldqpho

11 good people were slaughtered.

gsgs comment- The whole Orange tRump family needs to wear trench coats with Malevolent Melania's slogan-

I REALLY DON'T CARE,

DO U ?

"... green Zara jacket. And the color doesn't matter — it's what's written on the back in big white graffiti lettering: "I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO U?"

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/21/6224...lania-trump-s-i-really-don-t-care-do-u-jacket

Upon arriving at the Future Farmers of America Convention in Indianapolis, Trump again addressed the shooting in speech


https://www.npr.org/2018/10/27/661347236/multiple-casualties-in-shooting-near-pittsburgh-synagogue

There are tiny Orange Handprints all over this tragedy

See-

Why hello there HIAS! You like to bring in hostile invaders to dwell among us?"

Hours before Saturday morning's shooting, the account posted again, "HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/27/6614...-suspect-in-the-pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting
 
The Tree of Life Shooting and the Return of Anti-Semitism to American Life


Alexandra Schwartz


October 27, 2018

There has long been a casual assumption that homegrown anti-Semitism could not happen here, that “The Plot Against America” would remain the fantastical counter-factual that Philip Roth intended it to be.

And yet, the warning signs have become increasingly clear. Since the 2016 Presidential campaign, anti-Semitic vitriol has exploded on the Internet. Neo-Nazis tweet swastikas and Hitler-era propaganda of leering, hook-nosed rabbis. Holocaust deniers discuss “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion” in plain view.

The name “George Soros” is no longer invoked as a dog whistle, but as an ambulance siren.

(gsgs comment-Why is there an incessant drumbeat against George Soros ?)


It has been reported that, a few weeks ago, the alleged gunman furiously railed on social media against hias, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, which was founded, at the turn of the last century, to help the waves of Jewish immigrants who left imperial Russia for America. The organization later worked to resettle Jews fleeing Nazi Germany, and currently serves immigrants and refugees of all backgrounds. It is a bitter irony that that sense of common cause has now been further strengthened, as the Tree of Life joins Mother Emanuel A.M.E. Church, in Charleston, South Carolina, Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center, in Bloomington, Minnesota, and so many other houses of worship as points on a dark map of ongoing American tragedy.


https://www.newyorker.com/news/dail...-the-return-of-anti-semitism-to-american-life
 
The Evangelicals found a way to worm their way in, and cause a split.



David Simon
@AoDespair

Eleven Jewish Americans are murdered for being Jews in their house of worship and Mike fucking Pence marks the tragedy by having a Christian missionary cosplay as a Jewish rabbi and pray for Republican officeholders. I did not make any of this up. Not a word.

10:38 PM · Oct 29, 2018


gsgs comment-AFAICS, Mike Pence is just another TV grifter. He sold himself and his family to Orange tRump. That is enough to condemn him.
 
With Sinclair TV, you will never be faced with the nasty, intolerable truth. Hosting FOX TV and snipping out all of the Terrible Offensive Facts from the Sinclair virtual channel.

No footage of Orange tRump's motorcade forced to turn around because of a crowd of protesters (5 thousand). No egging of the Orange tRump Royal Limo.


Pittsburgh, PA

Sinclair owns or operates 1 (20%) of the local news stations in this market.

KDKA-TV (CBS)
WPCW (CW)
WPGH-TV (FOX) – Sinclair Owned
WPXI (NBC)
WTAE-TV (ABC)


In Pittsburgh Sinclair owns two stations, neither of which produces its own newscast.

The stations are Fox affiliate WPGH, Channel 53, and WPNT, Channel 22, a myNetworkTV affiliate that airs entertainment programming reruns, pro wrestling and Friday night high school football.

WPGH had a newscast for nine years until 2006. Since that ended, WPXI has produced a 10 p.m. newscast for WPGH using Channel 11 personnel and facilities.



WPXI, which is owned by Cox Media Group, has a provision in the contract with Sinclair that states WPGH may air [Sinclair] editorials following the completion of the newscast. These must be separated by a Fox 53 station identification of approximately three to four seconds in length, in a form approved by WPGH and WPXI.


http://www.post-gazette.com/news/na...r-their-fake-news-promos/stories/201804030064
 
Double Speak has arrived on the Other Side of Alice In Wonderland's Looking Glass

True, yet not true ?



(What would they say if someone tortured them, and forced them to tell the truth ?

"We chose among the altered versions of the video clip, that suited our needs, the best.We needed to present a false version of events to support our propaganda.Lucky for us, our friends provided the perfect false impression.")



Of, fuck- Shades of Westworld


https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/nov/12/deep-fakes-fake-news-truth

Take me to your Ministry of 1984 Truth!
 
We are clued in on what the clash involving Kellyanne Conway's husband, was all about.

George Conway does not kiss Trump's shoes, or tell lies to the public for a paycheck. George Conway had started a legal organization called Checks and Balances, which is dedicated to opposing Trump's abuse of presidential power and degradation of the rule of law.

Leonard Leo is widely credited as the mastermind behind Trump's extremist court-packing scheme.

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/21/mo...to-go-after-clinton-apologizes-for-murderers/

Who is Leonard Leo ?

The Federalist Society

“Anyone who is anyone who is a conservative lawyer is a member of the Federalist Society.”


The (Federalist) Society is funded by Republican plutocrats like Richard Scaife and the Koch brothers.

“The one thing all the lawyers [in the conservative pipeline] have in common is that they all know Leonard (Leo), and he knows all of them.”

So, who is Leonard Leo ?

In brief, Leo, the Federalist Society’s long-serving executive vice president, is an extremely right-wing fundamentalist Catholic bent on enshrining a judiciary that relentlessly promulgates his worldview. That’s his privilege as an American. But it makes him an exceedingly blinkered judicial gatekeeper for a diverse and pluralist society rooted in the separation of church and state — the very template he deplores.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion...al-nominees/bJOU7yNNHSGKkcSEXbb4KM/story.html


Republicans Converted Into the Party of No During the Obama Years

11.03.18

Trump keeps packing the lower courts with Federalist Society-groomed judges who are corporate-friendly and far to the right on same-sex marriage, LGBTQ issues and religious freedom.

Two numbers should grab every Democrat’s attention: 84 and 20. The larger number is how many federal judges Trump has confirmed for lifetime seats in his first two years, with Republicans controlling the Senate. The much smaller number is how many President Obama confirmed in his first two years, when Democrats had control.

GOP leader Mitch McConnell used the filibuster to block 82 of Obama’s judicial nominations. To grasp how excessive that is, before Obama, Senate leaders in both parties through all of American history blocked a total of 86 judicial nominations with the filibuster.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/as-do...ck-the-courts-democrats-keep-playing-catch-up
 
There is a political faction that is applauding the degradation and destruction of our American Democracy.

Business as usual in America has made them angry enough to hope for the complete disintegration of what was America, before President Obama left office.


The worse that it gets, this particular faction is predicting that it is headed for chaos.

But, they are only a minute particle, among the others supporting the facade of Trump's regime. They certainly do not originate from the left side of the field.

Happy Thanksgiving, America. Your president has just proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he is operating as a reckless, lawless mob boss who seeks to use the power of his office for money and revenge. (And he's personally making more than a little scratch for himself in the process.) If that sounds like the work of an organized crime family running a shakedown, that's because it is. "Nice little democracy you have here -- be a shame if anything happened ."

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/21/mo...to-go-after-clinton-apologizes-for-murderers/

Gremlins are overjoyed to see an American journalist sacrificed, and for rotteness of the situation played out in public.

The fluid of a rotting corpse has dripped onto everyone involved, including bystanders. The stench is here.
 
How is the suffering, and the cancelling out of a formerly productive community member, beneficial ?

It is not beneficial.


If the person in the position of leader of the nation looks at the American population as meaningless masses, that only have worth if they can be exploited to further his wealth, influence, and power ?



From what I have seen, Trump is indifferent to human suffering. He was so indifferent to the destruction caused by the California fires, he could not be bothered to remember to say "Paradise." It was just another photo-op for him.

He said "pleasure," instead of Paradise, twice.


gsgs comment- To me, what has happened to California, is as bad as the Mt. Saint Helen eruption. Paradise was burned to the ground.

Trump cannot be bothered to contemplate the thought, that people lost their lives, and survivors are dealing with grief. He is a sociopath. He is able to mimic human reactions, but he does not feel them. He could not have treated victims of disasters with such heartlessness, if here was not something missing.

Trump's words to the people of the United States

"Forget You. You mean nothing to me."

CALIFORNIA WILDFIRES

Camp Fire: What we know about the deadly blaze that destroyed Paradise

https://www.sfchronicle.com/califor...-know-about-the-deadly-Camp-Fire-13401383.php

What I have been witnessing, is Trump pulling money away from people that are suffering, in order to cause more suffering to others.

It is as if he used the Hunger Games as a roadmap.

All the money that he can grab, goes to the operations that are transforming middle class America into a dystopia. The farmers are going broke. The country is neck deep in debt. The bridges, tunnels, roads, public buildings, are in dangerous disrepair.

Money is being borrowed for day-to-day operations, but which pockets are being filled ?

In June, with encouragement and approval from the Trump administration, Arkansas was the first state in the country to impose a work requirement on Medicaid. Exemptions were granted for those deemed ill, caring for dependents or currently employed. Everyone else had to report that they were working or engaged in another approved activity, at least 80 hours per month.

The result: Since September, about 1,500 Arkansans reported working enough hours to keep Medicaid – while more than 12,200 failed to report and lost their insurance. And 6,000 Medicaid recipients are at risk of losing their insurance in December.


Nov. 20, 2018

The program, called Arkansas Works, is an outgrowth of a Republican initiative to nullify Obamacare's extension of the insurance program to healthy adults. In a 2017 interview, Seema Verma, the director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, called the Obama policy "a major, fundamental flaw" and that Medicaid "was not designed for an able-bodied person."



The cascade of Arkansans who've lost their insurance indicates that the outreach has largely failed.

(gsgs comment- Was it a scam ? A lame, half-arsed, half baked, half-hearted substitution for something with solid foundations, something real ? Someone is getting paid to run the scam.


https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...n-arkansas-drop-thousands-from-health-program



Democratic Party of Arkansas
@ArkDems
·
Nov 20

We are making a mistake. Governor
@AsaHutchinson
should see that. Taking health care from 12,000 Arkansans should require a better explanation than “they didn’t fill out a form online.” #arpx

Opinion | Arkansas’s Medicaid experiment has proved disastrous
washingtonpost.com


dinadesalvoAR
@DinadesalvoA
·
Nov 20
Our library doesn’t offer internet access to the public. They address what time public access to computers doesn’t match up with some workers in this PBS NewsHour story from last night. All Arkansans should watch it.

11:21 AM · Nov 20, 2018

on youtube

With new work requirement, thousands lose Medicaid coverage in Arkansas
PBS NewsHour8,638 views



Sadly, this mirrors the situation across the pond. Injured and disabled people are rubber stamped as fit for work- No provisions made for the reality of their situations.
 
Jeffrey Clark, 30, who allegedly told family members that he was gearing up for a race war, was recently arrested for gun charges after family members reported to the FBI that he fantasized about killing “Jews and blacks,” according to court documents.

He became more outspoken about his beliefs after his younger brother, Edward Clark (who reportedly shared his brother’s beliefs), killed himself right after the fatal Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooting, per the affidavit.


If you go to Bloomingdale you will see a neighborhood that is gentrifying but of course, it is a historically black neighborhood,” MacAuley says. “It’s so disconcerting to know that this white supremacist was probably looking out his window at people he’d like to see dead.”


A judge denied Clark bail last week, ordering him held until his trial, reports The Huffington Post.


https://dcist.com/story/18/11/20/it...gdale-residents-respond-to-neighborhood-nazi/

Oct. 31, 2018

The Trump administration, which already canceled a grant for a group that fights white supremacist terror, now appears unwilling to renew the anti-domestic terror program under which it was funded, despite recent high-profile attacks like the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and data showing a spike in attacks on religious minorities.

The Obama administration launched the Countering Violent Extremism Grant Program in 2016 to fight domestic terrorism. Managed by the Department of Homeland Security, the program was given $10 million to distribute.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...t-renew-program-fight-domestic-terror-n926361

Trump Shut the Countering-Violent-Extremism Program
The Atlantic
Oct 29, 2018
 
This week, the word rape infuses video and written opinion pieces.


It arrived with Brett Kavanaugh.


If Trump loyalists cannot carry out their schemes through above-board methods, they will "plow right through."

McConnell said the Senate will “plow right through”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-court-727651/


Mitch McConnell could not have been so totally unaware of the implication- If a woman offers resistance to sexual intercourse, "plow right through."

Plow right through, past her defenses, her protestations, or plow right through her hymen ? Plow right past social conventions, sexual politics, romantic niceties, and rip the hymen open and plow that penis into the vagina. Whether she consents, or not.


What does that say about Trump loyalists have done, concerning America's laws and government ?


Political Rape

Arse-Rape in the Future

(Trump loyalists have stacked the courts with over 85 judges. Who will listen to to the testimony of victims, with an open mind ?

For their part, Democrats are facing some serious blowback from progressives, who were already up in arms over last week’s deal. Brian E. Fallon, the executive director of Demand Justice, a liberal advocacy group, said Democrats should have demanded that Wednesday’s hearing, and another one scheduled for next week, be delayed as part of the recess deal.

“To me, it’s a sign that they didn’t just get stuffed in a locker here; they had their lunch money taken,” Mr. Fallon said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/u...ns-judges.html

If Trump loyalists cannot get what they want legally, they'll rape the system. The Trump loyalists have found ways to remove Democrat agency. There are enough cracks in the system to exploit.

gsgs comment- I have observed instances, where the Republicans violated gentlemen's agreements.

A true gentleman does not rape.

Rape is a weapon of war.

As it is, a subculture currently exists, that want to make rape legal. Strangely, a woman, Betsy DeVos, is using the unspoken and hidden rules of rape culture to combat the pressure of the #MeToo movement. Silence the victims, protect the precious asset of future Trump loyalists. Make it far too costly, in all manner of ways,for a victim to step forward, and seek justice.

It is not just a war of the sexes, now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ddf32c5d81b7


"This would permit one student to hire a highly paid legal pit bull to grill another student in a campus disciplinary hearing,” he said. “We are not courts. I’m not sure we should try to act like courts.”


Bayonet A Baby

Enemy Baby Must Die

What About Chopped Fetus

(No one on the Trump loyalist side gives a fuck about hypocrisy. According to tribal politics, "anyone that isn't us, is an enemy."* A bayoneted fetus, contained in the womb of a woman seeking asylum, is not a baby of The Glorious Trump Revolution. It is an enemy fetus, a potential soldier against the rise of Evangelical Christian White Supremacy.)


*apology to Game of Thrones.)

This Is War

(gsgs comment- Painful recognition of Trump's declaration of war against refugees of America's harmful and deadly policies, seeking to become undocumented immigrants in America. Shoot to kill. Bayonet at close quarters.)

"We have reached our Alice in Wonderland moment."


[when Sejanus falls, his sister, Claudius's once-arrogant wife, begs him for protection]

Aelia: [hysterical] They've even murdered his children!

Claudius: [horrified] His children?

Aelia: Yes! They raped the little girl before they killed her! And they dressed the boy up in his manly clothes! Apicata killed herself before they got to her!

[sounds outside the house draw her in panic to the window, as Claudius bursts into tears]

Claudius: Rome, you are finished! Finished!

[sobbing]

Claudius: You are despicable

*sigh* Despair and anger do not make good advisors.
 
“Christian” is synonymous with “selfish.”

How did this happen ?

article title-

Original source

The gospel of selfishness in American Christianity
By Amanda Marcotte /

AlterNet


First off, she gives a tip of the hat to sincere Christians-


"There are plenty of progressive Christians who genuinely try to live out Jesus’ command to love your neighbor as yourself, described in the Bible as the root of Jesus’ entire philosophy."


gsgs comment- Sincere Christians- Who do they assist, how, and why ?

Simple enough to offer assistance to members of their own church, and their own community. People from their neighborhood.

There is still one Roman Catholic church in New England that is resisting the Vatican's determined efforts to sell their church out from under them. A big community, a wealthy community, a unified community. The Vatican is bleeding money, and the scandal still continues to this very day. Every real estate asset the Vatican could pilfer through legal means, was sold for as much money as it would bring. The neighborhood waged battle with the Vatican through lawyers and community effort. Are there political figures associated with this church ?

The sons and daughters of the donors and contributors of time, goods, materials, effort, labor, are left out in the cold. You cannot have a wedding in a bank.

(Ironic, that the Christian Jesus the Christ fought with money men associated with the Jewish Temple. What would he make of a church that became a gas station ?)

"As these social trends continue, we can expect the alignment between public piety and grotesquely selfish political beliefs to get worse, not better."

November 24, 2018



https://www.alternet.org/heres-how-philosophers-selfishness-came-use-christianity-their-cover-story



echo

https://www.salon.com/2013/11/16/americas_selfish_christianity_partner/


echo

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/heres-philosophers-selfishness-came-use-christianity-cover-story/
 
Without Christianity, the underlying mean-spiritedness of conservative policies makes it easy to spot.


Without religion, you’re stuck making libertarian-style arguments that sound like things cackling movie villains would say, like Ayn Rand saying civilization should reject “the morality of altruism.”

It is absolutely disgusting how the politicians who make the biggest show of how much they love Jesus would be the first in line to bash him if he returned with a message of clothing the naked and feeding the poor. The Jesus of the Bible multiplied the loaves and fishes. His loudest followers these day gripe about feeding people, claiming it creates a “culture of dependency.” They may even comb through the Bible to take quotes out of context to justify their selfishness toward the poor, as Rep. Steven Fincher did when he claimed the Bible says, “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” The fact that those jobs are unavailable didn’t give him a moment’s pause when suggesting this very un-Christ-like plan to his fellow Americans.


Since Christianity teaches altruism and generosity, it provides excellent cover for people who want to be selfish, a sheep’s clothing made of Jesus to cover up the child-starving wolf beneath.


https://www.alternet.org/heres-how-philosophers-selfishness-came-use-christianity-their-cover-story
 
The fact that conservatism causes obnoxious Christian piety in American culture is most obvious when looking at some of the theological developments that have accrued since the philosophers of selfishness decided to use Christianity as their cover story. The “prosperity gospel” that has developed in recent years is a classic example.

The prosperity gospel teaches, to be blunt, that you can tell how much God favors you by how rich you are.

While some on the Christian right reject this idea as a tad crude, it’s still wildly popular and its adherents, like Oral Roberts, are some of the major architects and organizers for the Christian right. It’s a perfect example of how conservative ideology leads to pious Christianity.

People want to believe that the rich are better than everyone else and the poor don’t deserve squat, so they find a way to blame God for it rather than own their own greed.


https://www.alternet.org/heres-how-philosophers-selfishness-came-use-christianity-their-cover-story

Today, money, advantages, and perks and special privileges are given to people that do not need it. A community of billionaires circulate wealth among and within their exclusive group. Trump himself took tax payer's money under false pretenses, before his self promotion brought him into the political sphere.


What was not discussed is the amount of influence that church money has had on American politics.

The perversion of religion came about with Ralph Reed, funneling religious money into election campaigns.


The teeming millions of people attending churches, and donating money to causes promoted by their church leaders- that were not exactly on the level, or honest.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/report/ralph-reed-the-crash-of-the-choir-boy-wonder/
 
The article featured on the Alternet site began with observations about service industry workers facing the prospect of interacting with "post-church crowd on Sundays.


"Anyone who has worked in the restaurant business will be happy to tell you that waiters always fight each other to avoid working Sunday lunch shift. Not because they want to sleep in, but because it’s a widespread belief that the post-church crowd is loud, demanding and unwilling to tip appropriately. In the food service industry, “Christian” is synonymous with “selfish.”

https://www.alternet.org/heres-how-philosophers-selfishness-came-use-christianity-their-cover-story


Bill Maher wrote his TV comedy/commentary/rant routine back in 2013.

"If you're a waiter or waitress in the Bible Belt, you may very well have seen one of these."(Picture of the back of typical $10 bill)

"It's a phony $10 dollar bill that Christians sometimes leave on the table in lieu of an actual tip. It looks like a $10, so you get the benefit of giving poor people hope, and then crushing it, but on the back it says, "Some things are better than money ... like your eternal salvation that was bought and paid for by Jesus going to the cross."

Bill Maher's aside- "Yeah, well, Jesus didn't have to put gas in the donkey."


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...sh-Christian-hypocrites-who-don-t-tip-waiters



gsgs comment- AFAIK, Christians are still playing stupid jokes on waiters and waitresses. Maher used the incidents as jokes, but online publications take note, and let people know what Christians do to avoid tipping.

Restaurants became the backdrop for citizens confronting the Trump administrators and aides, that enabled unfair deportations, and the monstrosity of children getting separated from their parents at the border. Confrontations continued, as Trump goons attempted to push horrible and harmful policies through. The prize winner for inhumanity to women was refusing to listen to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and pushing Brett Kavanaugh through the hearing.


The waiters and waitresses made it clear- The politicians are furthering their careers at the expense of people that must find employment in the service industries and blue color jobs. Promoting discrimination and bigotry hurts the people that Trump enablers expect to take care of their needs.

Stranger still, the politicians were voted in to do a job, and to be of service to the voters and our country. The politicians serve their donors, themselves and Trump.
 
Last night, America proved how its law system works.

Trump closed the border, and tear gassed Honduran refugees trying to cross the border at San Diego. Just as Occupy Wall Street protesters were bombarded and injured by metal anti-crowd tear gas cannisters, and plastic gas containers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-police-cbp-tijuana-san-ysidro-a8651401.html

yikes

Hungary provides a road map, on how to destroy American democracy.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, providing an example of an authoritarian leader.

book- Fifth Risk : Undoing Democracy
author-Michael Lewis

yikes

Nothing left for The People, at all, after Trump dumps democracy over a cliff.

Remember the horrific upheaval of the Balkans ?

Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, and Kosovo

The peace of acceptance exploded into rape, bloody religious killings, and Mafia tactics over simple human needs. They extorted money over water.

Hungary has placed a huge fence (defended by barbed wire) at the border with these tiny countries. Refugees from Islamic states tried to enter Hungary, but were refused.


"We Remain A (White) Christian Nation)"

EU objects and sanctions Hungary because they refuse to adhere to quotas of refugees

Criminal charges against those that give legal help to refugees seeking asylum.

Never Be A Country of Migrants

We Will Protect Our Border

Hungary voted to exclude outsiders.


(France has migrant camp near tunnel, and the UK is helpless against the determination of migrants that want UK citizenship.)


Trump has affinity for this New Hungary

Hungary's new Prime Minister opines. What is the new party line ?

Hungary characterizes Journalists that are critical of Hungary as fascist, as Far Left.

George Soros debates Hungary about the future of Europe- (Has G. Soros called Hungary a Mafia State ?

Hungary's government closed George Soros's university.
There is a constant drumbeat against Soros in Hungary and America.
The free press does not exist in Hungary.
Trump is constantly trying to block the free press in America.
The Far Right celebrates the squelching of the free press by Trump.

Jim Acosta may have been used, to begin an effort to kill the free press's resistance to accepting the party line propaganda as news.

WTF ?


At the moment, Trump and his Mafia family are raping the government, sacking the system of money and resources, and stealing from The People.

America programmed The People to accept the Hungarian sisters, through Zsa Zsa Gabor . Suddenly, television is airing her TV show, again in 2018.

Trump sexually exploited poverty stricken Eastern European countries for young women for a prostitute ring, disguised as a modeling agency. At the time Trump's casino was washing dirty Russian money, and the Italian mafia lost favor with Trump. The Russian mafia filled his casino. So, of course, Trump's casino went bust.
 
Metal tear gas cannisters and plastic pepper balls fired at children in diapers.

Former Border Patrol Chief Said You Could Put Pepper Spray On Your Nachos, And Actual Medical Experts Said No, Nope, You Cannot


It would be “like eating a hundred habañeros,” said Rohini Haar, an expert with Physicians for Human Rights

“It’s natural. You could actually put it on your nachos and eat it,” said Ronald Colburn, the current president of the Border Patrol Foundation.

yes, he lied.

Buzzfeed News



American helicopters were dispatched across the border, and the entire San Ysidro point of entry, through which 100,000 people move daily, was closed.

emma murphy
@emmamurphyitv
·
Nov 25
Tear gas fired from US side of border

3:19 PM · Nov 25, 2018


emma murphy
@emmamurphyitv
·
Nov 25
Gas being brought out on Mexican side

2:35 PM · Nov 25, 2018

emma murphy

@emmamurphyitv
· Nov 25, 2018

Replying to @emmamurphyitv

So many v tiny children in this mayhem


2:51 PM · Nov 25, 2018

Embedded video

emma murphy

@emmamurphyitv

Us military helicopters all over Mexican side of border now. Normal protocol bars this. pic****itter.com/q5mfnmvX1z


2:54 PM - Nov 25, 2018



James Fredrick
@jameslfredrick

US authorities used tear gas against #migrantcaravan marchers on the Mexican side in #Tijuana. Tons of people hit with it, we could feel it nearly 1km away


3:37 PM - Nov 25, 2018

James Fredrick Retweeted


Adolfo Flores
@aflores
·
7h
I spoke with the mother in the iconic photo of Sunday's teargassing at the border.

"I thought my kids were going to die with me because of the gas we inhaled


The Mother In This Iconic Photo Of Sunday’s Border Teargassing Was Thinking Only Of Getting Her Children To Safety

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tear-gas-migrants-759878/


Customs and Border Protection, is the agency responsible for border law enforcement.

Who is responsible for luring desperate people with a tear in the chain link fence ? The border patrol and troops were there before the migrant's caravan arrived.
 
Agents reportedly fired tear gas as some migrants tried to break through a small hole in wire fences on the Mexican site of the frontier. Fumes were carried by the wind towards people hundreds of feet away.



https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ntly-asylum-crossing-build-wall-a8652001.html


Mon 26 Nov 2018


Migrants approaching the border were met with teargas after a few tried to breach the fence separating the countries. US agents fired the gas, according to an Associated Press reporter on the scene. Children were screaming and coughing in the mayhem

Honduran Ana Zúñiga, 23, said she saw migrants open a small hole in concertina wire at a gap on the Mexican side of a levee, at which point US agents fired teargas at them.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/25/us-mexico-border-crossing-closes-migrants
 
Is it real news, or is it reality-free news ?

Try reality-free Sinclair broadcasting!

Rep. Jacky Rosen
@RepJackyRosen
Firing tear gas into crowds of women and children is cruel. Let’s be clear: seeking asylum is not a crime. The Trump Administration needs to stop using fear to paint immigrant families as criminals. It’s wrong and it goes against our core values

‘These children are barefoot. In diapers. Choking on tear gas.’
washingtonpost.com

1:30 PM · Nov 26, 2018

“These are local stations that advertise themselves as affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC, and draw off the credibility of local anchors to present themselves as part of the community, with Sinclair HQ in Baltimore forcing delivery of these Trump-a-grams,” Jay Rosen, a journalism professor at New York University, wrote on Twitter.


Jay Rosen
Jay Rosen
@jayrosen_nyu
·
13m
Via
@brianstelter
A bizarre message from Sinclair. Responding to no known demand, they force feed a Trump loyalist’s commentary to local communities without rebuttal, but in no way - they now claim- does he represent Sinclair

9:47 PM · Nov 28, 2018


This year, Timothy Burke, when he was the video director at Deadspin, stitched together a widely shared video of dozens of local news anchors at Sinclair stations reciting the same script, voicing concern over “fake stories” and “the troubling trend of irresponsible, one-sided news stories plaguing our country.”



https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/28/business/media/sinclair-broadcast-segment-trump-migrants.html

Sinclair Broadcasting Group, the right-wing media giant and largest television station owner in the United States, forced its nearly 200 local news networks to air a deranged defense of Border Patrol agents tear gassing asylum-seeking migrants.


https://theslot.jezebel.com/sinclair-broadcasting-forces-local-stations-to-run-segm-1830690867


Pam Vogel
Pam Vogel
@pamela_vogel
·
Nov 27
NEW: Sinclair stations are now airing a Boris Epshteyn "must-run" segment defending tear-gassing children at the border

Sinclair’s latest “must-run” defends tear-gassing migrant children, warns of an "attempted invasion"


https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...rant-children-warns-attempted-invasion/222163


12:46 PM · Nov 27, 2018


Boris's propaganda is inserted among news that originates from legitimate sources, because it is purposely masquerading as news.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...rant-children-warns-attempted-invasion/222163
Bottom Line with Boris (Epshteyn)


This segment will now be forcibly aired, often spliced into local news coverage, on an estimated 100 Sinclair-owned or -operated news stations throughout the country as part of the media giant’s infamous “must-run” lineup. According to the iQ media database, the segment has already aired on stations in at least 24 states.


August 2017, Epshteyn produced a “must-run” segment backing Trump in his “both sides” treatment of violent neo-Nazism in Charlottesville, VA.
 
There is a chasm positioned between reality and political posturing

Trump Loyalists-

"Talking about the treason that a man has committed, is much worse than committing treason."

Brett Kavanaugh Loyalists-

"Talking about the rapes that a man has committed, is much worse than committing rapes."


White Supremacists-

"Talking about murders committed under the banner of White Supremacism, is a much worse offense, than murdering people, under the banner of White Supremacism."



Earlier this fall, a gunman shot and killed 11 worshipers at a Pittsburgh synagogue. In 2017, a clash with protesters at the Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., left one woman dead. In 2015, the shooting at the Mother Emanuel AME church in Charleston, S.C., killed nine black churchgoers. And in 2012, a rampage at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek, Wisc., killed six people.


Terrorist acts are meant to send a message


"So it's not just, you don't bomb a synagogue or shoot people in a black church just because you're trying to send a message to those victims or even to those victims and their immediate family. It's meant to be a much broader message, and really that's the definition of terrorism."


"I think what we don't want is for all acts of white supremacist violence to be thought of as just the product of somebody who has a troubled psyche. Because that just leaves out the whole picture of why they focus on certain social groups for one thing. [And] why they take this kind of mass horrific feature ... so I think to really understand the tie between white supremacism and the acts of violence that come out of white supremacism, it's important to think about that bigger message that was intended to be sent."



https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...e-kkk-can-tell-us-about-white-supremacy-today
 
Back
Top