A Barrel Full of Rotten Apples

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
We have arrived at a strange point in American history.

There is gargantuan arrangement of agreements that encircle the Earth. Constant negotiation and re-negotiation is the norm. We are only human, and our system is vulnerable.

Emperor Carrot Head is the most toxic, dangerous, unstable Rotten Apple in the American Barrel.

Emperor Carrot Head considers every human being on Earth to be his enemy.

In his own mind, only he is truly for himself.

He has invited every rotten apple, to fill the American government.

The Toxic Trump and a barrel of rotten apples, is useful to many.

To a small population, of the American whole, the rise of rotten apples is a reason to rejoice.
 
Rex Tillerson was judged to be not rotten, enough.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all

6 hours before this post was made


The tweet, embedded above, came at 8:44 a.m. ET, shortly before Trump departed for a visit to California

March 13, 2018

The White House has reportedly also fired a Tillerson aide who contradicted the story of how the secretary of state was dismissed.


https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-fires-tillerson-reorgs-cabinet-via-tweet/
Russia Fires Rex Tillerson. Wonkagenda

March 13, 2018

https://wonkette.com/631099/russia-fires-rex-tillerson-wonkagenda-for-tues-march-13-2018

Gina Haspel is rotten, enough, for Emperor Caligula Carrot Head's crew.


Take A Nap, Rex Tillerson, You Are No Longer Employed!

March 13, 2018


https://wonkette.com/631102/take-a-nap-rex-tillerson-you-are-no-longer-employed


Mike Pompeo Running CIA From Warm, Safe Office Inside Donald Trump’s Butt


August 25, 2017



"...one of the dumbest members of the House Select Committee on Benghazi. As CIA director, there have been other worrisome things related to his overly cuddly relationship with Donald Trump. For one thing, he willingly shared highly classified intel with disgraced literal actual foreign agent/former national security adviser Michael Flynn, even after the White House was alerted to how compromised Flynn might be. Pompeo was also in the room when Trump twisted the old nipples of DNI Dan Coats in an effort to get him to put the brakes on the FBI’s investigation into Trump-Russia conspiracies. Did Pompeo help twist old man Coats’s aged nips? Did Trump ask him to help stomp on the Russia investigation? Did he do Trump’s bidding? We are just asking!"

gsgs comment-Perhaps, Rex Tillerson will cycle through the revolving door, at a later time.

Incoherence, and a snowblinded America

March 13, 2018


The Mess Rex Tillerson Is Leaving Behind

Others — including former Trump advisers — saw it as one last subtweet of a boss Tillerson had long disrespected. But within an hour of news of the firing breaking, a State Department spokesman told reporters that the (now ex-)secretary had no idea it was coming:


tweet quote


Conor Finnegan
Conor Finnegan
@cjf39
·
6h
WOW: Tillerson had "every intention of staying... did not speak to the President and is unaware of the reason," according to Under Sec of State Goldstein

Confirmation

Conor Finnegan
Conor Finnegan
@cjf39
·
3h
CONFIRMED: Goldstein has been fired by the White House. He was the 4th highest ranking official at @StateDept, a Trump appointee confirmed unanimously by the Senate



More than 100 senior diplomats have resigned since Tillerson took office, leaving top ranks understaffed. At the same time, Tillerson canceled, delayed, or shrunk entire classes of new junior diplomats. As of last month, more than 100 ambassadorial positions were unfilled, as were many higher-level positions back in Washington. Not only is the department smaller, but most of its senior women, and officers of color, are gone — meaning that the service looks less like our country and less like the rest of the world with which it must interact. Gina Abercrombie-Winstanley, one of the senior ambassadors who chose to leave during Tillerson’s tenure, said: “No doubt we are as disappointed as he.”


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/the-mess-rex-tillerson-is-leaving-behind.html
 
The usual questions-

Why did he do it ?

Who is telling lies, spreading misinformation, and distributing propaganda ?

Will we ever see or hear the truth, at the heart of the matter ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...us-state-department-white-house-a8254151.html



Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein released a statement that appeared to contradict Mr Trump's account of the sacking. In it, he said that Mr Tillerson hadn't heard about being fired until the President sent a tweet announcing it.

He was reportedly called up by the White House after Mr Tillerson's firing Tuesday and told that his services would no longer be needed.

Mr Goldstein has served in the State Department for less three months after he was unanimously confirmed by the Senate last year. He is seen as a being loyal to Mr Tillerson, and frequently attended meetings at the White House in his capacity at the State Department.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...us-state-department-white-house-a8254151.html
 
Trump's current Twitter header photo shows how many people remain at the White House. Forty to go.
 
Arrived at a strange point in American History?:rolleyes:


American History has been at a strange point for a few decades. It got really strange with Pewty Cat aka President Odumba.
 
The White House and its own State Department are currently involved in a public war about how the secretary of state got fired.

WTF happened ? They will never tell us the truth.



Tillerson said he received a call from Trump around noon Tuesday, more than three hours after his firing was first reported by The Washington Post and announced minutes later in a tweet from the president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.cade29b407db


Which of these rumors are true?

McEntee will re-join the Trump campaign as a senior adviser.



The president’s personal assistant, McEntee , has been dismissed amid reports that he is being investigated for “serious financial crimes.” (Homeland Security ?)

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art...White_House_Revolving_Door_Is_Spinning_Wildly

The president’s nominee to lead the CIA (whose current director, Mike Pompeo, has been nominated to take over at State) turns out to have been personally involved in the torture of a mistakenly identified terror suspect and the destruction of related evidence.


Nancy Pelosi
@NancyPelosi
·
10h
Whenever Secretary Tillerson’s successor goes into meetings with foreign leaders, his credibility will be diminished as someone who could be here today
and gone tomorrow

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...id-statements-on-white-house-state-chaos.html

uhh
gsgs comment- Sorry, but that ship sailed long, ago. When Emperor Carrot Head entered the Oval office, and sat his arse in this Oval office chair, every nation in an alliance with America had a good laugh. Then, they cried.

Longtime dogsbody for Emperor Carrot Head kicked out the WH door-


President Donald Trump's long-time body-man was abruptly fired over "an unspecified security issue"

John McEntee had served as Trump's personal assistant for three years, dating back to the early days of the 2016 presidential election, according to the Wall Street Journal. McEntee was escorted from the White House on Monday after he was fired over security concerns, two sources familiar with the matter told the Journal.

The firing was so abrupt that McEntee didn't have a chance to collect any of his belongs, instead being ushered off the property without even his jacket. The Washington DC area was chilly Monday afternoon, with temperatures in the low-to-mid 40s and winds gusting up to 20 mph, according to Weather.com.


https://crooksandliars.com/2018/03/another-trump-white-house-firing-john

Is all of this activity generated from this ?

Adam Schiff
Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
·
Mar 12
This was not the finding of the House Intelligence Committee, Mr. President, but only a statement by its GOP members, who lack the courage to stand up to a President of their own party when the national interest necessitates it.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION



Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
·
2h
Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee just released a status report to share with the American people the work left undone in the Russia investigation when the Majority decided to shut it down.

Our work will continue — there’s a lot left to do: (link: https://democrats-intelligence.hous..._the_russia_investigation_with_appendices.pdf) democrats-intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/…

Adam Schiff
Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
·
Mar 12
BREAKING: GOP just shut down House Intel investigation, leaving questions unanswered, leads unexplored, countless witnesses uncalled, subpoenas unissued.

If Russians have leverage over the President, GOP has decided that it would rather not know. The minority's work continues


While the Majority members of our committee have indicated for some time that they have been under great pressure to end the investigation, it is nonetheless another tragic milestone for this Congress, and represents yet another capitulation to the executive branch,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the top Democratic on the committee, said in a statement Monday evening. “By ending its oversight role in the only authorized investigation in the House, the Majority has placed the interests of protecting the President over protecting the country, and history will judge its actions harshly.”

“On a whole host of investigative threads, our work is fundamentally incomplete, some issues partially investigated, others, like that involving credible allegations of Russian money laundering, remain barely touched,” Schiff said Monday. “If the Russians do have leverage over the President of the United States, the Majority has simply decided it would rather not know.”

Recent news reports have also revealed that George Nader, a Lebanese-born adviser to the UAE, helped broker the Seychelles meeting, and is now cooperating with Mueller’s team. But when asked last week if the committee would interview Nader, Conaway pleaded ignorance. “I don’t have a clue who George Nader is,” he said.

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...y-dirt-on-trump-russia-just-as-they-intended/


*sigh*

Next up-

Emperor Carrot Head orders to Democrate to STFU
 
"You're basically arguing, do away with unions."

- Justice Sonia Sotomayor

2/26/18


Right to Work operatives were sent in to destroy unions.

https://splinternews.com/it-sure-seems-like-the-supreme-court-is-going-to-decima-1823338701

The bottom line is that because states generally require unions to bargain for and represent all workers, regardless of their membership in a union, this case is something of a dagger pointed at labor's heart.


https://www.npr.org/2018/02/01/582539884/supreme-court-could-bleed-unions-dry

Jeff Sessions sent in, to destroy asylum

There is only one plausible reason why Sessions would freeze that ruling and take the case himself: to reverse the board, vacate that precedent, and hold that domestic violence victims no longer qualify for asylum. At that point, only a federal appellate court could overrule Sessions—a long shot, as the courts must defer to his interpretation of the law.

http://amp.slate.com/news-and-polit...lum-in-america.html?__twitter_impression=true

Jeff Sessions Doesn’t Care About the First Amendment


Texas tried to ban criticism of its anti–sanctuary cities law.


The DOJ did nothing to stop it.

March 16, 2018

5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a provision of Texas’ new law prohibiting the implementation of “sanctuary city” laws. The panel, which contained two of the most conservative judges in the United States, ruled the Texas law—the constitutionality of which Sessions and the DOJ had defended—had censored the speech of state officials in violation of the First Amendment. The lawbreakers, it turns out, aren’t the immigrant-protecting Californians. They’re the Texans the Sessions-led DOJ has been cheering on.


http://amp.slate.com/news-and-polit...ary-cities-law.html?__twitter_impression=true



But perhaps the most startling component of SB 4 is a provision that states that no elected official may “endorse a policy” of limiting Texas’ “enforcement of immigration laws.” Each violation of this gag order incurs a fine of $25,500, and violators may be stripped of their offices.

SB 4’s “endorsement” clause effectively bars myriad Texans, including sheriffs and mayors, from criticizing the bill itself. It is a textbook example of viewpoint-based censorship, an attempt by the government to insulate its own laws from criticism. For that reason, the district court struck it down as a flagrant infringement upon the First Amendment.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...riticism-of-its-antisanctuary-cities-law.html

March 14, 2018

The conservative 5th Circuit Court of Appeals decided that the bulk of Texas’ anti-immigrant Senate Bill 4 can stay in place for now. The ruling overturns a San Antonio judge’s order that found parts of the law unconstitutional in August.

Passed during the 2017 legislative session, the law seeks to punish so-called “sanctuary cities” by slapping local officials with hefty fines and possible jail time if they don’t comply with ICE detainers – federal requests to hold an inmate for possible deportation. It additionally allows police officers to ask for proof of citizenship of those they detain or arrest, which could to racial profiling. Local leaders can also be penalized for “adopting, enforcing, or endorsing” policies that limit immigration enforcement laws; however the three-judge panel on the 5th Circuit allowed a block on punishment for “endorsing” against those policies.

Travis County Sheriff Sally Hernandez, a bull's-eye for legislators targeting sanctuary cities due to her previous limited cooperation with ICE, said in a statement: “Words just can’t express how disappointed I am with this ruling. We are reviewing the Court’s opinion to determine any additional steps that need to be taken."

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2018-03-14/5th-circuit-upholds-sanctuary-cities-law/


"The liberty “to speak our minds,” Sessions declared, is “at the core of what it means to be free.”

Meanwhile, White Supremacists, White Nationalists, and Religious Right Republican Extremists are supported when they scream about First Amendment rights. If money is speech, the tax payer's money given to the 1% is funding the Extremist Republican Right.
 
While Orange tRump was staging his Horrible Clown show, the ghouls and zombies were chewing on the flesh of America.



Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
Mar 14
Instead of working to #EndGunViolence – Republicans and Democrats came together today to deregulate the big banks and set the stage for another financial crash. Bankers are popping champagne because the #BankLobbyistAct just passed the Senate

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
Mar 14
Exactly ten years after the financial crisis began, the Senate has voted 67-31 to pass the #BankLobbyistAct and roll back important regulations on America’s biggest banks. We fought hard, but the big banks and their lobbyists won this round

Elizabeth Warren
Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
Mar 15
When the Senate passed the #BankLobbyistAct yesterday, the banks and their lobbyists won big. Now they say this is only “a first step.” Does Congress plan to keep letting lobbyists run this place? (link: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/14/senate-passes-bill-scaling-back-dodd-frank-463825) politico.com/story/2018/03/…


Elizabeth Warren
Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
Mar 15
.@WellsFargo got a bigger handout from the GOP tax scam than any other company – and what does it do with this huge financial windfall? Turns around and hands $4.6 million to CEO Tim Sloan

Mick Mulvaney, creating sitting ducks out of American consumers. Maybe, the should change the name of the agency to something more honest.

Ministry of Theft ? Ministry of Exploitation ?


https://www.npr.org/2018/01/24/5799...protection-agency-seen-helping-payday-lenders

Elizabeth Warren
@SenWarren
·
6h
The @USDOL's conflict-of-interest rule was designed to prevent shady financial advisers from cheating Americans out of their retirement savings. But the Trump Admin wants to weaken it – and now corporate lobbyists have found a court willing to block it.
 
The only entity allowed to leak information, divulge secrets, and rat out associates, is Emperor Carrot Head, himself...



It’s well-known that nearly everyone in Donald Trump’s orbit has to sign a nondisclosure agreement, from business associates, to campaign employees, to women he may or may not have had affairs with. Therefore it is simultaneously galling and non-at-all surprising that Trump may have pressured senior White House staffers into signing NDAs, though they are members of the federal government, not his personal employees.

Trump actually told the Washington Post in April 2016 that he intended to use NDAs in the White House, saying, “When people are chosen by a man to go into government at high levels and then they leave government and they write a book about a man and say a lot of things that were really guarded and personal, I don’t like that.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...use-staff-sign-ndas-to-stop-leaks-report.html

Bound and Gagged, Forever ?

"I haven’t been able to lay hands on the final agreement, but I do have a copy of a draft, and it is a doozy. It would expose violators to penalties of $10 million, payable to the federal government, for each and any unauthorized revelation of “confidential” information, defined as “all nonpublic information I learn of or gain access to in the course of my official duties in the service of the United States Government on White House staff,” including “communications . . . with members of the press” and “with employees of federal, state, and local governments.” The $10 million figure, I suspect, was watered down in the final version, because the people to whom I have spoken do not remember that jaw-dropping sum."

As outlined in the document, this restriction would cover Trump aides not only during their White House service but also “at all times thereafter.”

The document: “I understand that the United States Government or, upon completion of the term(s) of Mr. Donald J. Trump, an authorized representative of Mr. Trump, may seek any remedy available to enforce this Agreement including, but not limited to, application for a court order prohibiting disclosure of information in breach of this Agreement.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.fb53c5464287
 
Britain's Information Officer, Elizabeth Denham, said she would seek a warrant to seize Cambridge Analytica's servers.
She told them publicly what she would do. They have time to destroy evidence. Whose side is she on?
 
Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.



http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-...zed-criminal-probe-sessions/story?id=53914006
 
Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say

Nearly a year before Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired senior FBI official Andrew McCabe for what Sessions called a "lack of candor," McCabe oversaw a federal criminal investigation into whether Sessions lacked candor when testifying before Congress about contacts with Russian operatives, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Yeah, I thought it was quite ironic that Sessiond fired McCabe for what it's very well known that Sessions himself has done.
 
Last edited:
Jeanine Pirro, Rotten Apple of Orange tRump's eye ?


Jeanine Pirro, a once-promising champion-of-women Republican politician whose public viewpoints now appear aligned with those of a single person.



Orange tRump does not say "nasty woman," when he talks,about Jeanine Pirro. Orange tRump does not refer to her as crazy” or “very low IQ."


Last month, in a signal of her ascendance within the MAGA flank of the Republican party, Pirro was invited to give the keynote speech at CPAC’s Reagan Dinner, which she did with a mix of thunderous appeals to American exceptionalism and goofy asides that didn’t quite land. “You know, we live in a time when the truth, and when reality, is diluted to satisfy the masses,” she said, before condemning the Uranium One deal and claiming “that leftist” Obama destroyed the American economy.



The Republicans make an issue of Uranium 1

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/14/hillary-clinton-uranium-one-deal-russia-explainer-244895


https://theslot.jezebel.com/why-jeanine-pirro-trumps-hype-girl-gets-to-be-angry-1823443498


Jeanine Pirro did not always conform to the Orange tRump party line.


http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/10/n...-begins-her-senate-campaign-by-assailing.html



In 1986, Jeanine's bid for lieutenant governor lasted just two days; she withdrew -- embarrassing the GOP -- rather than face questions about Al's stake in a Connecticut carting company with alleged mob ties. (Al Pirro continued to bring problems into her life.)

Jeanine Pirro was an A.D.A. heading up the domestic-violence unit.


Pirro had earned a reputation as a firebrand for battered women, having shaped the domestic-violence unit, moved spousal- and child-abuse cases out of family court and into the tougher criminal courts, and drafted legislation strengthening orders of protection.

Pirro's crusade reached hundreds of women in countless cases that crossed her desk, but her machete frayed the nerves of co-workers. They detected an egomania in her grasping at high-profile murders and assaults that belonged to other units. "She wanted somebody to prepare the case, tied with a little bow, and she'd walk it across the finish line," says a former lead prosecutor. "There was this ever-expanding desire to increase her role."

http://nymag.com/nymag/features/862/index2.html

Controversies

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/nyregion/westchester/12colwe.html
 
I, myself, gsgs, will never forget-

Comey had a chance to shine a light on the rotten apples.

He allowed the rot to spread.


Now, Comey cries about the rot that is spreading.


https://www.npr.org/2018/04/17/6029...terview-with-steve-inskeep-and-carrie-johnson


Trump Succeeds in Making America Rotten, Again


FOX TV Finds Success, In Feeding Rot to America


They all noticed the odor of rot, and they ignored it.

They pinched their noses shut.

They could get what they wanted, so they pretended not to notice that everything that they valued was falling to rot.
 
Does Rotten Apple Mitch McConnell fear to thwart the desire of IQ45, to fire everyone ?

Mitch McConnell has made it clear, that Mitch's interests are placed first. It was not in Mitch's interests, to acknowledge that information on Russia's interference as truthful and factual. Mitch steered clear of upsetting IQ45.

In 2016, Mitch did not allow an official warning to Russian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...share=7111481335261119&utm_term=.350788965e6c

Mitch McConnell does not allow protection


April 17, 2018


Majority Leader Mitch McConnell dismissed calls on Tuesday for legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller, saying that he doesn't think President Donald Trump will fire the lead investigator in charge of the Russia investigation.


I don't think he should fire Mueller, and I don't think he's going to, so this is a piece of legislation that is not necessary, in my judgment," Mcconnell said.

"I'm the one who decides what we take to the floor," McConnell said. "That's my responsibility as the majority leader. And we will not be having this on the floor of the Senate."


https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...licans-wont-do-anything-protect-mueller-trump

McConnell argues, as he has in the past, that such a bill is “unnecessary” because there is “no indication” Trump would fire the special counsel.

Indications that McConnell is ignoring

Of course there are many indications. Innumerable news reports have described Trump raging about Mueller and demanding his firing. Trump actually ordered the firing of Mueller in June, and again in December, and has begun attacking Mueller publicly, as well as attacking the Department of Justice official who oversees and has approved his investigation, both privately and publicly. Trump has also previously fired the FBI director, with whom he closely associates Mueller.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...enate-bill-to-protect-mueller-from-trump.html

Airing of FOX TV info-tainment on PBS-

of Hannity accusing FBI of attacking Trump, by legally taking evidence from Cohen's residences.

FOX's agenda includes brushing Hannity's corrupted and deceptive attempts at journalism, demonstrated by the hidden relationship with Cohen.

FOX tendency to stonewall, until it is too big, or too destructive to ignore.

(Margaret Sullivan, PBS Newshour)


PBS
 
Déjà vu ?

(Imperial Donald John IQ#45) decided to abandon the Iran nuclear deal and his Iran policy reminded some current and former U.S. officials of the buildup to March 2003 invasion of Iraq."
I forget. Just when and where did Iran, Iraq, or Afghanistan attack or threaten to attack USA territory?
 
Are they entertained ?

Extremist Right Wing trolls may be delirious with joy, at this point.

/end gsgs comment


May 11, 2017

Trump is regularly described as a "disrupter." Those who praised him for this believed he would disrupt ways of doing business in Washington that have frustrated the citizenry for decades. The political status quo was so awful, the idea went, that blowing up the system would inevitably be better than keeping it intact.

But we are discovering that Trump is destroying the very aspects of governing that prevent rash mistakes and hold abuses of power in check. Trump chooses to roll the dice on nuclear weapons, and rather than "drain the swamp," he is on his way toward giving us one of the most corrupt periods in our history




(1) the Russia connection to Trump World runs very deep and Mueller is no doubt exploring its many tributaries; (2) if Trump is profoundly altering Washington, it is to make the most old-fashioned forms of influence peddling more common and more blatant; (3) we need to figure out if any of the money sloshing around has found its way to Trump; and (4) Trump will play as fast and loose with fundamental changes in policy as he does with ethics and the truth.

All four are worrying. The last is also scary.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/05/trumps_flawed_version_of_disru.html
 
Back
Top