American Liars

A Nazi personally? No, although he and his father were convicted of racism. But enabling Nazis and KKK does lead us to perceive guilt by association.

Racism is not against the law. You cannot be convicted of holding certain opinions, although some racist acts are against the law. I assume you are referring to this case, which happened 45 years ago: https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/4959...ed-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case It was a civil case, so nobody was "convicted" of anything, and Trump and his father did not admit guilt, although they did agree to make a settlement.
What a system! Losers win! This sort of 'win' looks pretty shaky. Losers don't rule with the consent of the governed. This loser can't even rule his own party. Tragic.

Trump was elected in accordance with the US Constitution, even though he did not get a majority of the popular vote. Nobody did. Hillary Clinton did get a plurality, thanks to heavy turnout in NY and CA, but there were more votes for GOP candidates - Trump and Gary Johnson - than there were for Dems.
Then you agree that speech and the press have unlimited freedom, that gov't must not support religions, and that possessors of firearms must be members of a well-regulated militia.

Speech and the Press do not have totally unlimited freedom, but they do have close to it. Governments must neither support nor, up to a point, restrict Religions, although they have been known to do so, such as in the case of the Branch Dravidians. Possessors of firearms need not be members of a militia, but they should be available to be pressed into service if needed. At one time, the potential threats were roving bands of dispossessed Tories, renegade Indians, criminal bands and similar groups. The first two are no longer threats, but there are still criminal mobs and rioters and jihadists and other possible menaces, and an armed citizenry is the best way to defend against them.
 
I don't need proof, just like you don't have proof when you vilify black people and defend an Orange Nazi who literally said that Nazis are "very fine people." You're a gutless coward and you just got fucking wrecked.

I will freely concede you have a right to say any stupid thing you want, with no proof at all. Nobody will prevent you from doing so. Whenhave I ever vilified black people for their race? I criticize bad people of all races, but their badness is seldom related to race.

Presumably by "Orange Nazi" you are referring to the current POTUS. When has he ever said Nazis are "Very fine people?"
 
Last edited:
Bret Stephens made a devastating and completely unanswerable point this week about how differently the GOP would react if these attempts to evade or obstruct justice had been made by a President Hillary Clinton — but to the tribal mind, none of that matters. And the tactics Cohn once deployed are now all around us: throw back the exact same charges you’re facing against those investigating you. Invent a conspiracy theory to rival a collusion theory. Throw sand in everyone’s eyes. Get your allegations out first, in as inflammatory and scandalous a way as possible. Ransack people’s private lives and communications to more effectively demonize them.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/andrew-sullivan-when-two-tribes-go-to-war.html

What if Hillary Clinton Had Done All This ?

Bret Stephens

February 1, 2018

Tom Nichols

"Let's play Alternate Universe"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/opinion/clinton-trump-republicans-impeach.html


Tom Nichols Retweeted
NYT Opinion
NYT Opinion
@nytopinion
·
Feb 1
As @RadioFreeTom once suggested, let's play Alternate Universe, @BretStephensNYT writes


Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
·
Feb 1
Appreciate the shout out from @BretStephensNYT here | What if Clinton Had Done All This



Tom Nichols Retweeted
NYT Opinion
NYT Opinion
@nytopinion
·
Feb 1
Imagine that after firing James Comey for insufficient loyalty, President Clinton had asked the deputy director of the F.B.I. how he had voted in the election in an Oval Office meeting, writes @BretStephensNYT



https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...9f168dd2_story.html?__twitter_impression=true


Dana Milbank has the opinion that the Democrats’ behavior at the State of the Union was embarrassing.


"Democrats, with their childish protests, took the bait."

" In short, they {the Democrats} did the same sort of things they (and I) denounced Republican lawmakers for when they did them to President Barack Obama."


January 31, 2018


The Democrats' need to keep focus is all the more pressing because of the uncritical devotion Republicans have decided to show Trump, applauding the leader Tuesday night like so many mechanical chimpanzees clapping cymbals, and offering over-the-top praise of his absolutely incredible, greatest-in-history speech. More ominous are their increasingly brazen attempts to protect Trump by taking down the Russia probe.

Now there's an attempt by Republicans to declassify a memo they wrote (possibly with White House coordination; the leader of the effort won't say) attacking the integrity of the FBI, refusing to declassify a memo by Democrats that would contradict the GOP claims, and ignoring a plea by the FBI (under a Trump-appointed director) that it has "grave concerns about the material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy." Trump says he's "100 percent" behind this defamation of the nation's premier law enforcement agency for political purposes.


With so many checks on Trump's power failing, it's more important than ever for the opposition party to behave like one — and not a patchwork of disparate grievances.



gsgs comment-The people that were elected by Democrats, are representing the people that voted for them.

The Republicans do not follow their own standards. They sacrificed everything that was sacred, worthy, and respected.

For what ?


They have created their own world, behind the other side of Alice in Wonderland's looking glass. Leaving the Democrats to cope what is happening in the real flesh world.

For goodness sake, it took Hillary Clinton's every defense, to stand up to relentless attack.

She was our best and last hope. The Republicans gave the Russians what they wanted, in exchange for her defeat.


All the lies that were told are shriveled and falling away like scabs. Yet, the Republicans want to bring those lies back to life, like a Frankenstein's monster.

They are so obsessed, they were going to force the teen-age undocumented immigrant girl to go through the un-proven "abortion reversal" medical procedure, no matter how dangerous it was to the teen's life.

WTF ?

/end gsgs comment


According to court documents reviewed by Carter Sherman at Vice News, E. Scott Lloyd, the longtime forced-birther activist the Trump regime put in charge of the Office of Refugee Resettlement, discussed the possibility of “reversing” the medication abortion of an undocumented teenager from El Salvador being held in federal custody last March. The “reversal” is an unproven technique that some medical experts say, Sherman reports, “amounts to experimentation

Before she could take the second pill, ORR staff showed up, according to statements in a deposition Lloyd gave in December as part of a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union regarding the regime’s attempts to keep four undocumented teenagers from obtaining abortions last year. The staffdelayed the taking of the second pill for several hours during which, the documents state, the “health status” of the “unborn child” was checked out. An examination detected a fetal heartbeat, and the possibility of reversing the abortion with a dose of the hormone progesterone was discussed.

Ultimately, no progesterone was administered, and the teenager was allowed to take the second pill.

The reversal procedure is the brainchild of Dr. George Delgado of one of those lying crisis pregnancy centers, Culture of Life Family Services in San Diego.

The move by Lloyd is what can be expected by such zealots once somebody gives them authority to put their goals into practice.

No surprise that he would suggest an unverified technique to interfere with a young woman’s reproductive rights. No doubt he’d stop her (and all the rest of us) from using contraceptives if he could.
 
Presumably by "Orange Nazi" you are referring to the current POTUS. When has he ever said Nazis are "Very fine people?"

August 15, 2017.

I'm not even going to bother mentioning all his pro-Nazi tweets.

Everyone on here knows you're a racist box you should just admit it and I won't have to keep destroying your pathetic, racist asshole like this.
 
gsgs comment-

Watching the Trump White House, is like watching a Dorian Gray- style portrait become a hideous, frightening mess. It becomes more of a complex roadmap of corruption, obsenity, and disgrace, day after day.

Each lump on the Dorian Gray- style face (Trump's face) traces the development of Russiagate. The lumps are people's faces.


Each lump is shouting. Each lump is leaking a disgusting fluid of rot.


https://www.motherjones.com/media/2...papadopoulos-despite-a-photo-of-them-meeting/


Nunes suggested that Papadopoulos was not “such a major figure” and questioned why he wasn’t a target of surveillance instead of ex-Trump aide Carter Page. Nunes continued: “As far as we can tell, Papadopoulos had never even met with the president.”

Papadopoulos is shown meeting with the president during the 2016 campaign as part of Trump’s national security team, in a widely circulated photo posted by Trump himself on social media.
 
Scott Brown clone in development, down to displaying the goods for cash. Antonio Sabato Jr. is a birther, a twerp and a weasel. Would someone please rearrange that twerpy smirk on his face ?


Wonkette is a bit upset, today


To review, in 2010 a Canadian company called Uranium One was bought by Rosatom, an energy firm controlled by the Russian government. Uranium One’s US assets included 20 percent of American uranium reserves. The sale was unanimously approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), of which Hillary Clinton was nominally a member as Secretary of State. The CFIUS is chaired by the Treasury Department, and includes the Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, Energy, State, the Office of the US Trade Representative, and Office of Science & Technology Policy. There’s no indication that Clinton herself was even briefed on the deal, which wasn’t finalized until 2013 when she was no longer Secretary of State. And none of Uranium One’s energy went to Russia. Nevertheless, the wingnut feversphere has been screaming for years that HILLARY CLINTON GAVE 20% OF AMERICA’S URANIUM TO VLADIMIR PUTIN!!!!!1

Which makes no goddamn sense, unless you remember that it came from Steve Bannon.



So, to summarize, Gowdy, Nunes, and the rest of the Republican members of HIPSCI have been playing hide the salami lying witness, because they knew he’d blow their HILLARY URANIUM bullshit right out of the water. They continued to go on Fox and peddle what they knew were lies, despite having been told by the Sessions’s Justice Department that THERE IS NO HILLARY URANIUM STORY.

So, now what?

Well, now the Republicans have finally agreed to let Democrats interview their “confidential informant.” BUT, they’re not going to allow the interview to be transcribed, so there will be no written record of whatever nonsense he spews. Neat trick, huh?


https://wonkette.com/629473/oh-noth...al-is-cooked-up-bullshit-from-a-liar-who-lies


She has a point. House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy hauled arse, very quickly. Is William Campbell incapable of speaking the truth ?
 
tRump said he served Puerto Rico handsomely, FEMA wants to fuck off back to America. Puerto Rico needs billions to rebuild, what it took life-times to build. tRump gave Puerto Rico crumbs. (And a few cases of paper towels!)


The first thing that arrived in Puerto Rico after the devastating and deadly hurricaine, was exploitation and scams, thanks to tRump and pals.

The tRump administration favored one woman with a contract worth millions- the food was not given to the people. Where did the money go ? Kickback scheme to tRump's campaign account ?


New York Times report Tuesday that a FEMA contractor delivered only 50,000 of the 30 million meals the company was contracted to provide, is possibly the worst tale of government malfeasance so far. The government’s Maria response wasn’t a relief effort; this was a land grab, a collection of kickbacks bundled like toxic mortgages in a credit default swap.



The $156 million contract to deliver the tens of millions of meals to Puerto Ricans struggling to rebuild was granted to Tribute Contracting LLC. The company’s sole employee is also its owner, Tiffany Brown. Brown, an Atlanta-based entrepreneur, the Times notes, had “no experience in large-scale disaster relief and at least five canceled government contracts in her past” when she was awarded the largest direct meals contract of the 2017 hurricane season.

Brown admits she didn’t have the money to finance to project but insists she wasn’t awarded the contract as part of a sweetheart deal.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...e-30-million-relief-meals-to-puerto-rico.html

Boston's Mayor Walsh and Red Sox bring supplies and gifts to Puerto Rico

February 1, 2018

In an afternoon in Caguas, Puerto Rico, this week, horns blared and throngs of people waited to get a moment with new Red Sox manager — and hometown hero — Alex Cora


Cora arrived Tuesday with team members and executives -- plus nearly 10 tons of supplies and $200,000 to help Caguas fix its electric grid.

One of the people who came to greet the Red Sox was Raul Rodriguez, owner of los Criollos de Caguas, the Puerto Rican baseball team Cora played for and coached. Rodriguez says with everything the people of Caguas have been through, the arrival of a hometown hero is like an oasis.

"A hundred percent of this population sector, 100 percent, is without electricity," he said. "It's been more than four months, and you can see that the people, even though it's tough for them, things like this are what help them. That's what Alex has been trying to do since he came to Puerto Rico."


http://www.wbur.org/news/2018/02/01/alex-cora-puerto-rico


After the bullshit fake-ass tRump efforts failed, the people of Puerto Rico are trying to hook up electrical power by themselves. Six months is along wait.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puerto-ricans-help-restore-power-coamo/

If Boston customers were asked to wait for electrical power for six months, there would have been political consequences.


Fake-ass, company gets huge contact, with no bidding process

contracts. Some observers have raised questions about Whitefish Energy’s ties to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, a Whitefish native and acquaintance of Whitefish Energy CEO Andy Techmanski. Zinke’s son Wolf previously worked as a flagger at one of Techmanski’s worksites; when Whitefish Energy attempted to build a transistor plant on a Superfund site in nearby Columbia Falls last year, then-congressman Zinke’s office reached out to the city manager. Both Zinke and Techmanski have denied that Zinke was involved in the procurement of the Puerto Rico contract.

What’s more, Joe Colonnetta, the head of one of Whitefish Energy’s major funding sources, Dallas-based HBC Investments, has made significant donations to Trump’s election campaign and PACs supporting Trump’s election. Colonnetta also contributed to the campaigns of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, as well as then-Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who later appointed Colonnetta to serve on the Board of Trustees of the Teacher Retirement System of Texas, which has been embroiled in controversy surrounding allegations of cronyism on the part of Perry donors turned trustees. (In February 2017, a Change.org petition circulated to remove Colonnetta from his position, citing his involvement with the Center for Security Policy, a far-right, anti-Muslim think tank that advocates against refugee resettlement. A spokeswoman for the Center for Security Policy said that Colonnetta was previously a general board member, but is not currently involved with the organization).

The think tank associated with Colonnetta is the Center for Security Policy.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenp...th-the-biggest?utm_term=.ehvkk6y2l#.imE99Vr5Q
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post

Presumably by "Orange Nazi" you are referring to the current POTUS. When has he ever said Nazis are "Very fine people?"


August 15, 2017.

I'm not even going to bother mentioning all his pro-Nazi tweets.

Everyone on here knows you're a racist box you should just admit it and I won't have to keep destroying your pathetic, racist asshole like this.

I read both links you have there. The second one is just somebody's opinion and is basically a pack of lies and half-truths. Why would anybody quote a source such as the one you did? :confused:

The first link mostly consisted of statements by Trump, many of them castigating and vilifying Nazis, Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists, and I am in agreement with him there. He pointed out how an armed mob, which he referred to as "alt-left," attacked a demonstration or rally, in violation of the First Amendment rights of the victims of that attack. It has been well-established that is how the riot began. He did say there were some very fine people on both sides, but he also made it clear he was referring to those who sought to preserve the statues and memories of Lee and Jackson. At no time did he say anything good about Nazis or Neo-Nazis or White Supremacists.
 
NYT Reporter: John Kelly Lies a Lot


As folks attack journalists, it’s worth bearing in mind the degree to which this White House often uses standard journalistic practices as weapons against journalists.

Translation: like everyone else in the White House, Kelly lies routinely, so there’s really no good reason to believe his latest CYA (Cover Your Arse) story. I guess you’re not allowed to say that in the news pages of the Times, but you can imply it on Twitter.



Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT

As Kelly allies insist he didn’t know details, which he has repeatedly said, it is worth noting he claimed he hadn’t repeatedly threatened to quit (he had), he claimed he wasn’t trying to disappear Kushner and Ivanka (he was)

Feb 9, 2018

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/02/nyt-reporter-john-kelly-lies-a-lot/
 
He pointed out how an armed mob, which he referred to as "alt-left," attacked a demonstration or rally

You're a bigger racist than I thought. Good job destroying yourself box. I'm not going to post the links to his various pro-Nazi/white supremacists beliefs here because you already know how to find those. Enjoy your Klan rally, racist.
 
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post

He pointed out how an armed mob, which he referred to as "alt-left," attacked a demonstration or rally, in violation of the First Amendment rights of the victims of that attack. (I don't like being quoted out of context.)

You're a bigger racist than I thought. Good job destroying yourself box. I'm not going to post the links to his various pro-Nazi/white supremacists beliefs here because you already know how to find those. Enjoy your Klan rally, racist.

I'm glad you conceded the argument by resorting to personal insults.

I read your link. If that's how Trump refers to those persons whose beliefs he shares, I have to wonder what he says about those he opposes. :(
 
Last edited:
*sigh*

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-briefings-still-too-difficult-for-trump.html

Emperor Carrot Head is not fond of reading.


President’s Daily Brief, a document that lays out the most pressing information collected by U.S. intelligence agencies from hot spots around the world.

Trump has opted to rely on an oral briefing.


Several intelligence experts said that the president’s aversion to diving deeper into written intelligence details — the “homework” that past presidents have done to familiarize themselves with foreign policy and national security — makes both him and the country more vulnerable.


Trump would discuss the news of the day or a tweet he sent about North Korea or the border wall — or anything else on his mind, two people familiar with the briefings said.

On such days, there would only be a few minutes left — and the briefers would have barely broached the topics they came to discuss, one senior U.S. official said.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...396801049ef_story.html?utm_term=.013141402241



Trump would discuss the news of the day or a tweet he sent about North Korea or the border wall — or anything else on his mind, two people familiar with the briefings said.



On such days, there would only be a few minutes left — and the briefers would have barely broached the topics they came to discuss, one senior U.S. official said.



“He often goes off on tangents during the briefing and you’d have to rein him back in,” one official said.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-briefings-still-too-difficult-for-trump.html


gsgs comment-

How much is absorbed about threats to America, if Emperor Carrot Head is ignoring what intelligence officers are trying to tell him, while he tweets about what he watched on FOX info-tainment ?
 
February 6, 2018

Michael Horowitz, the inspector general for the Department of Justice.


"He’s generally considered to be a straight-shooting guy, though he likes to mind his congressional politics,” says Matthew Miller, a Justice Department spokesman under Holder. “Whether you agree with all his conclusions or not, Horowitz has a history of acting in good faith.”

In 2003 George W. Bush chose Horowitz as a member of a federal sentencing commission. But Horowitz was appointed to his current role by Barack Obama. So if he turns up F.B.I. actions or actors that were prejudiced against Donald Trump, Democrats will have a hard time dismissing Horowitz as motivated by partisanship.


If Horowitz is highly critical of the former F.B.I. director for breaking with precedent to publicly declare Hillary Clinton “extremely careless” in July, 2016, and of how Comey reopened the investigation in late October, again damaging Clinton’s chances, Horowitz would seemingly side with the Democrats.


Comey enthusiastically welcomed the I.G.’s investigation when it was launched, sounding as if he expected to be vindicated for making the least bad choice. “Jim took the steps that he took,” his friend Wittes says. “He’s gotten a lot of criticism for them. He had his own sense of what the right thing to do was, and he isn’t especially threatened by the idea that people might disagree.” A year later, though, with Horowitz’s report being finalized, is Comey any more anxious about its possible verdict?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/washington-braces-fbi-bombshell-nunes-inspector-general
 
Last edited:
Tuesday, FBI director Christopher Wray told the Senate that the White House had received a full background check on Porter last summer (one which would have mentioned the 2010 emergency protective order that his ex-wife Jennifer Willoughby obtained against him). The FBI then completed a follow-up, at the Trump administration’s request, in November — and “administratively closed the file” on Porter in January.

Wray’s testimony points to a problem larger than both Porter and Kelly. After all, the former staff secretary was just one of dozens of administration officials working without a full security clearance. The ostensible justification for this state of affairs was that said officials were still awaiting the completion of their background checks; Wray’s remarks suggest that, in many cases, those checks are complete — and the White House is simply ignoring their findings.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/the-fbi-just-foiled-john-kellys-cover-up.html

Will the reporters and journalists start humming a tune while Sarah Huckabee Sanders is floundering, fussing, and gasping ? (Reminds me of Sean Spicer- Sep 21, 2017 · Sean Spicer, who became notorious as Donald Trump’s mouthpiece, insisted on Thursday that he did not “knowingly” lie to the American people from the White House podium.)

Song and dance!

Let me entertain you
Let me make you smile

Let me do a few tricks
Some old and then some new tricks
I'm very versatile
And if you're real good
I'll make you feel good
I'd want your spirit to climb
So let me entertain you
We'll have a real good time,
Yes sir!
We'll have...
A real good time!
 
White House Still Hasn’t Settled on a Single Lie About Rob Porter

February 13, 2018


Mr. Wray’s testimony pointed up a contradictory and frequently changing story line from the White House about a scandal that has engulfed the West Wing. It has raised questions about the credibility of President Trump’s most senior advisers…and the degree of tolerance they may have shown to an ambitious colleague apparently eager to cover up a dark past.

(Porter was due to receive a promotion.)

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-d...snt-settled-on-a-single-lie-about-rob-porter/

Sanders claimed that this was “consistent” with what Wray said. It is not. Wray said that the FBI closed its file in January. The White House said—and continues to say—the investigation was “ongoing.” Sanders may be trying to fudge and say that the personnel security office hadn’t completed its work, but they are an adjudicating body. The investigating body—the FBI—had completed its work, according to its director, and the White House repeatedly said that the investigation itself was “ongoing.” Sanders also implied that the personnel office had seen “papers” around the FBI’s investigation, but the White House itself had not. This seems disingenuous at best, and we still are no closer to knowing what exactly McGahn and Kelly knew when.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...he-white-house-is-lying-about-rob-porter.html


Sarah Huckabee Sanders was in need of a new scapegoat. Conveniently, she found one right down the hall.

The White House Personnel Security Office

The whole right hand didn’t know what the also-part-of-the-right-hand was doing excuse seemed more than a little … weak. And unbelievable. And also likely to crumble.

Which could be why Sanders also made a few comments about the White House press office not being “completely read in” on these matters, why she was careful to repeat that it was “not our process,” and that she was giving reporters “the best information we have.” It wasn’t quite pushing John Kelly away with a ten-foot pole … but it was at least a six and a half foot pole.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...ps-blaming-FBI-starts-blaming-the-White-House

FBI Director Christopher Wray has now testified that they told the White House about Porter’s issues that prevented him from getting a security clearance not once, not twice, but three times.

Newest scapegoat

wahhh! It is not our fault!

“In the view of personnel security office, the FBI's July report required significant additional investigatory field work before personnel security office could begin to evaluate the information for adjudication,” she said.

It is the White House personnel security office, Sanders said, that is responsible for making a recommendation on a given individual to the administration. She stressed that the office is staffed by “career officials," not political appointees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...-porter-personnel-office-investigation-407274


https://www.npr.org/2018/02/13/5854...h-white-house-timeline-of-porter-investigatio



https://crooksandliars.com/2018/02/were-human-huckabee-sanders-pretends

https://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2018/02/sarah-sanders-whines-incompetent
 
This week's exposure of Russian troll operatives

A defunct Twitter account masquerading as the Tennessee Republican Party is highlighted in a new federal indictment of 13 Russian nationals and a Kremlin-linked internet firm on Friday accused of attempting to meddle in U.S. elections.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ctment-13-russians/345835002/?from=new-cookie


https://splinternews.com/trump-is-out-of-his-league-with-the-mueller-investigati-1823102625

Another interesting detail of the indictment is that it confirms the fake Twitter account @TEN_GOP, which purported to have been created by the Tennessee Republican Party, was in fact created and operated by the Russian troll farm. Kellyanne Conway, Donald Trump Jr., Michael Flynn, Michael Flynn Jr., Roger Stone, and Brad Parscale all retweeted content from this fake Russian Twitter account, as Vanity Fair reported last year. Donald Trump Jr. retweeted the account three times and followed it until it was suspended, the magazine noted.
 
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre offered schools his organization’s “free” support and guidance to protect themselves, saying that communities “must come together to implement the very best strategy to harden their schools.” President Trump echoed the sentiment Thursday saying “we have to harden our sites” to protect schools from gun violence.

Before schools start lining up to take advantage of LaPierre’s generosity, it’s worth revisiting exactly what the NRA means when it calls for measures to “harden” a school. Here are a few recommendations from its 2013 task force report:

A big fence

No trees

No parking lots

Entrapment areas

No windows

Windows, if allowed at all, should be designed solely with surveillance in mind. They should be only large enough to peep out of to assess ongoing threats. “Design windows, framing, and anchoring systems to minimize the effects of explosive blasts, gunfire, and forced entry,” the report urges. The authors do acknowledge that this advice may conflict with the school’s need to provide people fleeing a shooter with a secondary escape route, noting that many people survived the Virginia Tech shooting by climbing out windows. Interior windows, particularly those in classrooms, should be fitted with ballistic glass, if at all feasible. (Nowhere does the report indicate how much its security construction measures might cost the average cash-strapped school district. But one company suggests that outfitting an average school with ballistic glass, at $100 per square foot, would cost at least $1 million.)


It is unclear what kind of “free” help LaPierre is offering cash-strapped schools to harden their defenses. Fortunately, the School Shield report offers one affordable security upgrade—equipping all classrooms with one of these:(Big Foot door wedge)Such a device, the report says, can “provide an inexpensive and simple addition to door security during lockdown.” Should your school be unable to afford even a case of Big Foot door stops, the NRA offers this helpful advice: “hide and hope.”


https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/02/the-nras-plan-to-harden-schools-is-terrifying/

gsgs comment-

How hard will it be, to supply an expensive, secure prison for children ?

The last time Trump called for improvements, he put the burden on the towns, cities,and villages.

If his billionaire friends cannot put a long-lasting, profitable toll on any of the infrastructure projects, they are not cooperating. The struggling towns and cities are running deficits, just patching what they do have. It is clear that towns will be left out.

The best public schools that serve all students well, are struggling. The teachers are struggling. The invitation to private, for-profit charter schools to scoop up funds that should have gone to public schools, is making it difficult to provide schools that do not endanger the student's health.

If the current White House does not fund the fight against mass murderers, that does not leave much hope for students aware of the vulnerability.
 
Bogus Offer from The Orange Debt Emperor


What is not a good idea is for dollars for infrastructure rebuilding to be gained chiefly by the “leveraging” efforts of communities, and even businesses.

The plan is to grow $200 billion in federal investment into $1.5 trillion by adding to money put up by local government or private entities. The New York Times describes how that will work: “The ability to find funding sources outside the federal government will be the most important yardstick, accounting for 70 percent of the formula for choosing infrastructure projects.”


What does this really mean? Those who already have will get more — and those most in need will get little, or nothing.


Imagine Franklin Roosevelt saying in 1933 and 1936, “We will create the Tennessee Valley, and a Rural Electrification Program, but only if the poor people of Tennessee can leverage it.” They never could have done so.




Some municipalities in Allegheny County, such as Sewickley and Fox Chapel, could raise money — if necessary, by borrowing — to leverage federal funds for road, bridge or other building projects. But Clairton and Duquesne would have a much more difficult time doing that. It would be unfair for the former to benefit from the infrastructure programs while the latter, which need a boost in so many ways, go without.

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...n-betrays-places-in-need/stories/201802140062
 
Democratic memo shows that Devin Nunes simply lied, and Nunes responds ... with more lies


2018/02/26

Now Nunes is left saying that the problem with the FISA application was that it didn’t unmask people who were not the subject of the investigation.

But expecting consistency from Devin Nunes is clearly something that would be as irrational … as Devin Nunes.



https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...simply-lied-and-Nunes-responds-with-more-lies


Democrats retort, it is a bit rich for Republicans to grumble that the names of Americans were not revealed to the intelligence oversight court. Not that long ago, Mr Nunes, a vocal Trump ally, made the alleged “unmasking” of Americans by Democrats and the intelligence community Exhibit A for his theory that the late Obama administration was a lawless dystopia, in which agents of a deep state schemed against Mr Trump.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2018/02/how-understand-latest-russia-memo


Outside the scope of the Russia investigation itself, the Democratic memo once again shows the dangers of believing close Trump ally Devin Nunes, the chair of the House Intelligence Committee. Nunes, who has repeatedly been caught making misleading statements, and the Democratic memo rebuts the most controversial claims made in a memo from Republicans on the committee released earlier in February.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/diogenes-on-the-potomac/554240/
 
February 26, 2018


Expectations were not disappointed. The issue of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre, and Florida police officers failure to come to the aid of students under murderous attack , has become a cluster-fuck inside of a dumpster fire.

Who is speaking on why there was no assistance from police officers ?

Scot Peterson was the only armed resource officer, on site.

Various news outlets, including CNN and NBC, have since reported at least three more armed Broward County sheriff’s deputies were present on the scene of the shooting, taking cover behind their vehicles instead of immediately going into the school.

Two other deputies were placed on restricted duty.


There is a pending an internal review of whether they handled two tips, from 2016 and 2017, warning Mr Cruz was collecting weapons and could commit a school shooting.



http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ter-resign-deputy-scot-petersen-a8228796.html

With less than two weeks left in the 2018 legislative session, the House Public Integrity & Ethics Committee plans to issue subpoenas as soon as Wednesday. Only the full House can issue subpoenas, and the House won’t be in a floor session until Wednesday.


http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article202230309.html


According to the statement, Peterson “heard gunshots but believed those gunshots were originating from outside of the buildings on the school campus,” causing him to take a “tactical position” outside the building.

“BSO trains its officers that in the event of outdoor gunfire, one is to seek cover and assess the situation in order to communicate what one observes with other law enforcement."

That’s a contradiction of comments made by Israel on Friday when he said that deputies are instructed to immediately engage active shooters, even if backup help is not available.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/d...eputy-says-not-coward/PwQysnROfKgxLsAeTsaqLK/

The deputy’s decision to remain outside breaks with police tactics for responding to active-shooting incidents. Ever since the 1999 attack at Colorado’s Columbine High School, authorities have emphasized the importance of pursuing the attacker or attackers quickly in an effort to eliminate the threat and prevent additional deaths.

"Columbine (massacre at a high school) resulted in new approaches in which patrol officers are being trained to respond to active shooters as quickly as possible,” the Police Executive Research Forum, a think tank backed by major-cities chiefs, wrote in a 2014 report."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ss-killing-took-place/?utm_term=.003741c2f088
 
The young people, dripping with the fresh blood of new gun shot wounds, or the fresh blood of their murdered classmates, pleaded for safe schools.

The young people faced down men and women that clasped money, that was soaked in blood. The adults were covered in layers of blood. The layers resembled clothing, socks and shoes. The young people cried tears of grief. The adults remained cold and remote. The tears flowed, and the shoes of blood leather dissolved, the pant legs of the cold-faced men dissolved. The wetness of their tears crept up until gluey masses of sodden scabs fell away from the adult's ribs. The ribcages did not contain hearts, or lungs, or internal organs. All of it had rotted away, and had left black dried slime. Whatever had been alive and human inside the adults, had died long ago.


What animated these corpses, that attacked the young people ? The adults had worshipped at the altar of their God/god of Lies. The blood covered money they grasped, paid for betraying the truth.


"So there’s been a lot of these accusations of ‘you have blood on your hands’ in recent days,” complained the Weekly Standard’s Mark Hemingway on Twitter. “And here’s the thing: People that rationalize common political views — be it gun rights or tax cuts — as the equivalent of murder are themselves edging toward justifying violence.” (This is the same Mark Hemingway who previously referred to abortion as “legally sanctioned murder.”)

https://www.villagevoice.com/2018/0...-us-from-outraged-florida-shooting-survivors/
 
Back
Top