Miscellaneous political debris

Oh fuck, not again!

"...the money we need for the universal health care and free tuition Bernie is promising — somewhere north of 4 trillion dollars' worth of it — lies buried in the sands of Iraq, a war that was even more of a put-up job than Vietnam, a war that never would have been launched if George W. Bush didn't have daddy issues."

"So think for a minute about just how W. got elected over Al Gore. Remember Tricky Dick Nixon? Before he immolated himself with the Watergate scandal, he appointed William Rehnquist to the Supreme Court, a man described by liberal lawyer Alan Dershowitz as someone who "made his career undermining the rights and liberties of American citizens."


"So what? Ancient history, you say. Well, add this footnote to Rehnquist's dissenting opinion in Roe v. Wade and his votes against school desegregation and in favor of school prayer: In 2000, those who couldn't bring themselves to vote for the wonky Al Gore cast their lot with the pedantic Ralph Nader in protest. This tipped the scales just far enough to deny Gore a clear victory, after which — you guessed it — none other than Chief Justice William Rehnquist presided over the decision to stop the vote recount in Florida and hand the presidency to George W. Bush."


http://www.villagevoice.com/news/if-bernie-losesdont-let-conservative-history-repeat-itself-8274880
 
My local TV channel declares a simple fact.

"The cell phone connected to the San Bernadino massacre, was in FBI possession, when passcode was changed."

That leaves the question open, as to which person changed the passcode.

/end gsgs comment

Apple Says the Government Bungled Its Chance to Get That iPhone’s Data


http://www.wired.com/2016/02/apple-says-the-government-bungled-its-chance-to-hack-that-iphone/

"Apple didn’t understand why it had not worked—until the company learned that sometime after the phone had been taken into the custody of law enforcement, someone had gone online and changed the Apple ID that the phone uses to conduct backups."

"When asked who changed that ID, the executive said that the government indicated it was someone who worked for the county, but that he didn’t know the identity of that worker."

gsgs comment-

Was it an IT worker for the county who supplied the phone to Farook, that changed the passcode ?

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ht-san-bernardino-shooting-syed-farook-iphone


Apple sells a lot of things – 74.7m iPhones in the last quarter, for example – but its biggest selling point these days is privacy.

As it goes to war with the Department of Justice over whether it should be compelled to build software that will allow it to break into its own devices, the company is having to defend a core philosophy of the most successful business model on Earth: that no one, not even Apple, should be able to look inside your phone.
 
uhmmm, what ?

FBI told San Bernardino County staff to tamper with gunman's Apple account

"The county was working cooperatively with the FBI when it reset the iCloud password at the FBI’s request,” read a post on San Bernardino County’s official Twitter account."


In a conference call with reporters on Friday, however, an Apple executive noted that had the password reset not happened, America’s most valuable company would not be going to court with its own government.


http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/20/san-bernadino-county-fbi-gunman-apple-account
 
A question buzzed through the Oregon Senate late Wednesday, an hour before a scheduled 5 p.m. floor session:

Where are the Republicans?

Later, when the floor session started as scheduled, Democrats noticed the 12 empty desks.

With just 17 of 18 Democrats on the floor, and without at least one Republican, senators lacked the bipartisan 20-member quorum they needed to plow through a growing backlog of bills before adjournment March 6.

A walkout was on.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/02/drama_at_the_capitol_senate_re.html#incart_2box


Republicans have already forced Democrats to read most bills aloud this session, refusing to suspend a constitutional requirement per tradition. That's added hours of dead time to the legislative process, raising the possibility of night and weekend sessions like Wednesday's.

House Republicans largely gave up on the readings once minimum wage passed last week.


gsgs comment- The Republicans are pulling a sulk and a tantrum, because of one bill ?

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/295088-172516-republicans-shut-down-senate-wednesday


Sen. Michael Dembrow, D-Portland, said all but one of the bills up for consideration Wednesday evening had unanimous support in committee from both Democrats and Republicans.

"Yet they can't move forward; it's frustrating," Dembrow said.

The 35-day session, which began Feb. 1, has sparked bipartisan conflicts over controversial bills such as raising minimum wage and doubling the state's renewable energy mandate.


gsgs comment- Is this the bill,that is holding up everything else ?


The bill now goes to the Senate floor, where proponents hope it will see a vote before the legislative session officially closes on March 4.

Senate Republican Leader Ted Ferrioli, however, told the Portland Business Journal that Senate Republicans would “do almost anything [they] can think of to slow or stop the process” of passing the bill.


http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/02/24/3752405/oregon-renewable-energy-bill/

What happened to the minimum wage bill ?




Representative Jennifer Williamson, D-Portland, during a vote to increase the minimum wage on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016.

After more than five hours of debate on Thursday, the Oregon House passed a bill that would raise the minimum wage in a series of increases over six years.

Debate on the bill exemplified partisanship among Democrats and Republicans, divisions between labor and business interest groups, and rural-urban tensions throughout the state. The vote was 32-26, mostly along partisan lines.

The Oregon Senate passed the bill, SB 1532, after its own six-hour debate last week. Now that it has approval from both chambers, the bill awaits a signature by Gov. Kate Brown, who has said she will sign it.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...e-passes-landmark-minimum-wage-bill/80528582/
 
This Week on Basic Black - Voters of Color: 31% And Rising

February 26, 2016

According to a recent report from the Pew Research Center, the 2016 electorate will be the most diverse in US history. At this moment we are in-between three of the most definitive battlegrounds in the 2016 presidential campaign: Nevada, South Carolina, and Super Tuesday. As Donald Trump forges ahead of establishment Republican candidates and Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders fight over the hearts and minds of the Democratic base, will voters of color tip the balance in either race?

Panelists:
- Callie Crossley, Host, Under the Radar with Callie Crossley, WGBH 89.7
- Phillip Martin, Senior Reporter, WGBH News
- Paul Watanabe, Director of the Institute for Asian American Studies and Associate Professor of - Political Science, UMass Boston
- Domingo Morel, Visiting Lecturer in Political Science, Wellesley College

Issues under discussion-

Which African American prominent community figures are lending support to Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton.

How churches are boosting voter turnout.

Ferguson, MO and Flint stand out as examples of the effect of discrimination

African American social justice issues discussed

Awareness spreading about the Koch brothers influence, among Democrats

The recent silence of the GOP concerning the Koch brothers

Bernie Sanders discussion of disadvantage drawn along class lines

Bernie Sanders does discuss inequality of oportunity
Bernie Sanders does recognize inequality due to discrimination against minorities
Feminists are left out of Bernie Sanders message

The trust placed in Hillary Clinton, that she will work towards amending injustices

Scalia's death has meaning to minorities, and has generated concern about the future for minorities.


American, you bunch of electronic mess!
 
Last edited:
UK timezone
Friday 26 February 2016

"The notoriety bred by #OscarsSoWhite will doubtless boost Sunday’s TV audience; but the episode’s long-term fallout may prove less benign than many assume."

"The absence of actors of colour from the 20 nominees for the second year running was never going to pass unnoticed."

"In 2014, only 2% of the Academy’s voters were black."

"So, who are the black actors who have been unfairly snubbed?"

" The main candidates appear to be The Hateful Eight’s Samuel L Jackson, Creed’s Michael B Jordan, Concussion’s Will Smith and Beasts of No Nation’s Idris Elba."

"Hispanic actors have secured only 3% of the nominations, although 16% of Americans are Latino. Asian-Americans (6% of the population) have had to make do with 1%. The Oscars may not be anti-black; but they are definitely hideously white."

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/feb/25/oscarssowhite-right-and-wrong-academy-awards-audience


Oscar 2015: Academy criticised after no black or Asian actors nominated


Instead this year 20 white actors dominate all four acting categories Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress.

The last time no non-white actors were nominated was in 1998.


http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...te-nominees-in-acting-categories-9980457.html


Halle Berry famously became the first black woman to win a Best Actress Oscar in 2002.
 
IDRIS ELBA, Actor: Talent is everywhere, but opportunity isn’t. Talent can’t reach opportunity unaided.

JEFFREY BROWN: Idris Elba, whose performance in “Beasts of No Nation” was widely praised, recently spoke of roadblocks he faced early in his career.

IDRIS ELBA: I realized I could only play so many best friends or gang leaders. Right? I knew that I wasn’t going to land a leading role. I knew there wasn’t enough imagination, not yet, for the industry to be seeing me as a lead.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/racial-scrutiny-remains-ahead-of-all-white-oscar-ceremony/

Luther season 4

Idris went on to say: "The fact that I've only got two episodes to play with this time means that I have to fulfil the audience in a shorter space of time. That makes it a lot more exciting and more of a challenge.”

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-Elba-Neil-Cross-Ruth-Wilson-Alice-Morgan-BBC
 
Toys “R” US spokeswoman Jessica Offerjost explained that their stores did, in fact, carry Rey and other female Star Wars characters. Their scarcity, Offerjost said, was due to their wild popularity. Taken at face value, that’s a great sign, but it also deserves some questioning.


Specifically, why is it that big box retailers like Toys “R” US, Target, and Walmart all seem woefully unprepared to bring Rey to the fans?


Manufacturers hedge their bets against the possibility of female characters not selling as well in a franchise that’s been dominated by male characters for the better part of the past 40 years.


http://fusion.net/story/239288/star-wars-girls-toys/


*sniff* Something, does not give off such a pleasant odor...

Someone, is under the illusion that they are living in their favorite bygone era...


Speaking of which, I agree with Pascalle Lepas's cartoon.

Princess Bride, is very nice nostalgia to re- visit.
Elizabeth I was the Princess Prince.
Gamer girls can become the Princess King.


Hillary Clinton, the Queen King. *grin*
 
Toys “R” US spokeswoman Jessica Offerjost explained that their stores did, in fact, carry Rey and other female Star Wars characters. Their scarcity, Offerjost said, was due to their wild popularity. Taken at face value, that’s a great sign, but it also deserves some questioning.


Specifically, why is it that big box retailers like Toys “R” US, Target, and Walmart all seem woefully unprepared to bring Rey to the fans?


Manufacturers hedge their bets against the possibility of female characters not selling as well in a franchise that’s been dominated by male characters for the better part of the past 40 years.


http://fusion.net/story/239288/star-wars-girls-toys/


*sniff* Something, does not give off such a pleasant odor...

Someone, is under the illusion that they are living in their favorite bygone era...


Speaking of which, I agree with Pascalle Lepas's cartoon.

Princess Bride, is very nice nostalgia to re- visit.
Elizabeth I was the Princess Prince.
Gamer girls can become the Princess King.


Hillary Clinton, the Queen King. *grin*

We the oppressed can't get our female action figures! Oh the horror!
 
"...government crackdown on Turkey's free press."


http://www.dw.com/en/erdogan-wants-to-silence-all-opposition-media/a-19100896



Turkey is a democratic country, but the rule of law has been severely undermined. I would not like to speak of a dictatorship, but we can definitely say that in Turkey the rule of law and democracy have been undermined, and that is worrisome.



http://www.dw.com/en/in-turkey-the-rule-of-law-and-democracy-have-been-undermined/a-19100563


"...not a word about the fact that Turkey can only nominally be considered a safe third country. In any case it is not a constitutional state - something that Ankara is once again proving to the world."



http://www.dw.com/en/opinion-inching-toward-a-fortress-europe/a-19102469


"Now that the EU has taken in a million refugees, it is willing to enter into an unsavory agreement with Turkey, putting its own future on the line, while raising the drawbridges at its borders. It is a pathetic spectacle in every respect."
 
Nobel Prize Economist Says American Inequality Didn’t Just Happen. It Was Created.


"American inequality didn’t just happen. It was created. Market forces played a role, but it was not market forces alone. In a sense, that should be obvious: economic laws are universal, but our growing inequality— especially the amounts seized by the upper 1 percent—is a distinctly American “achievement.” That outsize inequality is not predestined offers reason for hope, but in reality it is likely to get worse. The forces that have been at play in creating these outcomes are self-reinforcing."


" By looking at those at the top of the wealth distribution, we can get a feel for the nature of this aspect of America’s inequality. Few are inventors who have reshaped technology, or scientists who have reshaped our understandings of the laws of nature. Think of Alan Turing, whose genius provided the mathematics underlying the modern computer. Or of Einstein. Or of the discoverers of the laser (in which Charles Townes played a central role) or John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley, the inventors of transistors. Or of Watson and Crick, who unraveled the mysteries of DNA, upon which rests so much of modern medicine. None of them, who made such large contributions to our well-being, are among those most rewarded by our economic system."


http://evonomics.com/nobel-prize-ec...-inequality-didnt-just-happen-it-was-created/


Excerpted from The Price of Inequality: How Today’s Divided Society Endangers Our Future by Joseph E. Stiglitz. Copyright © 2013, 2012 by Joseph E. Stiglitz.


"Inequality is the result of political forces as much as of economic ones."


"In the absence of government support, many children of the poor would not be able to get basic health care and nutrition, let alone the education required to acquire the skills necessary for enhanced productivity and high wages."


http://pandawhale.com/post/71088/no...n-inequality-didnt-just-happen-it-was-created
 
Boston lost recording spaces, because of gentrification, and out of town arseholes who wanted to make a quick buck.


Now, a world famous studio in New York cannot be saved, because co op jerks have no tolerance for anything that does not fit in with their idea of transformation.


http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...oho-hosts-recording-session-article-1.2562640

"The famed music recording studio where the late David Bowie made his last two albums will host its last recording session this week and shut its doors for good."

"The Magic Shop, which opened on Crosby St. in 1988, is just the latest to be priced out of SoHo and other parts of Manhattan where once thriving studios have been turned into condos, co-ops and retail stores."

“SoHo used to be the arts and music and painters,” said Steve Rosenthal, owner of the Magic Shop. “Now it’s like all you can do is shop. I see tourists wandering around looking for a New York that doesn’t exist anymore.”

“My thing is a real estate situation, the gentrification of SoHo and the destruction of the music spaces in exchange for condos and co-ops,” he said.

Once the Magic Shop closes, Rosenthal will move his music archival and restoration business to a new location. But he worries that rising costs will only continue to damage New York’s vital music and arts industry.

“Whatever the government can do would be helpful,” he said. “It may get to the point where they have to set up some sort of art zones or protected zones where kids can be artists and musicians and painters.”
 
Boston lost recording spaces, because of gentrification, and out of town arseholes who wanted to make a quick buck.


Now, a world famous studio in New York cannot be saved, because co op jerks have no tolerance for anything that does not fit in with their idea of transformation.


http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...oho-hosts-recording-session-article-1.2562640

"The famed music recording studio where the late David Bowie made his last two albums will host its last recording session this week and shut its doors for good."

"The Magic Shop, which opened on Crosby St. in 1988, is just the latest to be priced out of SoHo and other parts of Manhattan where once thriving studios have been turned into condos, co-ops and retail stores."

“SoHo used to be the arts and music and painters,” said Steve Rosenthal, owner of the Magic Shop. “Now it’s like all you can do is shop. I see tourists wandering around looking for a New York that doesn’t exist anymore.”

“My thing is a real estate situation, the gentrification of SoHo and the destruction of the music spaces in exchange for condos and co-ops,” he said.

Once the Magic Shop closes, Rosenthal will move his music archival and restoration business to a new location. But he worries that rising costs will only continue to damage New York’s vital music and arts industry.

“Whatever the government can do would be helpful,” he said. “It may get to the point where they have to set up some sort of art zones or protected zones where kids can be artists and musicians and painters.”
The industry has changed, and musicians can now make decent recordings in their own bathrooms. Studio time is a luxury that only has-beens can afford.
 
April 2, 2016 Saturday, in the UK
(April 1st in America)

Mexican missing students: investigators claim to find 17 bodies
(This is being disputed.)

The team, who took over from the government in investigating the disappearance of 43 teacher college students, claim to have found evidence of a large fire where bodies were dumped.

gsgs comment-
Seventeen bodies burned, at the Cocula dump. Where are the rest of the bodies ?
/end gsgs comment


"...the Argentine Forensic Anthropology team - brought in at the families' request - said evidence did not support the government's version that the students were burned at the site."

The students at the all-male college are believed to have been intercepted having hijacked buses to attend a commemoration of a 1968 massacre of students, at some point being kidnapped and killed.

An independent investigation into the events was re-launched after relatives of the students refused the government's official finding that a corrupt police unit had handed the young men over to a local gang who were responsible for killing them.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...burnt-bodies-in-disputed-report-a6964931.html

September 26, 2014
The students were hijacked, captured and killed.
Disappeared.

Who has been killed, to keep the truth from being known ?
Journalists.

gsgs comment-

Too farfetched, to happen in America ?

This year, I fear to see a man elected to the position of President of the United States, who has no morals, no boundaries, no core values.

Beatings are done, in this man's name.
 
Mexican missing students: investigators claim to find 17 bodies
(This is being disputed.)

The team, who took over from the government in investigating the disappearance of 43 teacher college students, claim to have found evidence of a large fire where bodies were dumped.
The student murders occurred in Iguala (ee-WALL-la) only 20 miles south of Taxco (TOSS-koh), which I once considered a second home. I have had to bribe cops in Iguala to avoid jail for non-existent traffic violations. Iguala is among the most rotten Mexican cities I've visited.

People I knew in Taxco and Iguala have 'disappeared' -- some were found amid masses of corpses a nearby tourist grotto. (No, that slaughter didn't make the news, because who cares about peasants?) Their crime? They were around the wrong people. A mechanic returning a repaired car to a client was killed by a cartel because that client belonged to a rival cartel -- and the mechanic's family was murdered too. My close friends who often hired and socialized with that mechanic fled because they feared being targeted. They fled -- and closed their business, leaving 30 unemployed with only the cartels to fall back on. Fuck.

Mexicans know they live in an anarchic police state. Anglos in USA mostly have not yet recognized the signs here, even when we remove our shoes for the TSA. Mr Tromp will surely disabuse us of our naive notions.
 
Is it not strange, that now is the time for so much corruption to be exposed ?

The "Panama Papers," a massive project undertaken by hundreds of journalists worldwide, has exposed the dealings of a Panamanian law firm that has allegedly created shell companies for the global rich, as well as presidents, kings and prime ministers.

"In every state in the U.S., you can form a company without having to disclose who the person is that really controls the company or derives economic benefit from it. And also here, you know, people, gatekeepers such as real estate agents and others, don’t have to do any due diligence on buyers’ identities or the sources of their funds."


"A lot of the money flow that we see from Russia, from China, from Africa is actually coming in to the banks here in the U.S. and to Britain. And that’s why we’re seeing so many banks in the data. They are actually the users of this world."


April 4, 2016

"... we saw the biggest ever protest in Iceland today. In fact, the entire parliament house there was surrounded by people protesting about the fact that we revealed that the prime minister of Iceland had a secret offshore account that had millions of dollars in bank bonds."

"And if you recall, in Iceland, there was a crisis a few years ago where all the banks melted down. And he was actually elected to sort that problem out, without telling the people that he had a secret company that had bonds in the same banks."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/mass...just-a-small-slice-of-offshore-banking-world/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...tax-havens-overseas-territories-a6968791.html

Iceland’s Prime Minister Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson rejected calls to resign after being accused of hiding millions of dollars in an offshore company in which he did not declare an interest upon entering Parliament.
 
Roe v. Wade

Abortion is legal.
Fundamental right.

Harris v. McRae

Two tier system.

If you are rich, you may buy an abortion.
If you are poor, you are out of luck.


Hyde Amendment

Henry Hyde is against abortion rights for all women.
But, he is only allowed to punish poor women.


Planned Parenthood v. Casey

Restrict abortion, until it is no longer available.


"... the erosion of the ability of women to make judgments for themselves based on their own individual life decisions is never acceptable. And if the government can tell poor women they can't have abortions today, they can tell rich women another day. And that's the ultimate jeopardy that we're facing as a result of these kinds of losses."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/clinic/interviews/kolbert.html

TRAP laws, prevent women from accessing reproductive health care.

gsgs comment-

All male panels decide what is best for women, concerning women's reproductive health care.

All women are under attack for murdering a fetus, or a clump of cells that have potential for becoming a fetus.

/end gsgs comment

Handmaid's Tale

A woman that has grown to adulthood, has gained independence, has gained employment, became a tax payer, entered a marriage, raised a family, suddenly loses all of her rights.


In a fictional world, she has no rights to resist rape.
(The Christian world is just as hypocritical, in the fictional world, as it is in the real, modern world of 2016. Adultery, theft, corruption, greed, violation of trust, injustice, are all in evidence. Religion rules everything, and everything is a lie.

In America, reproductive freedom started to end, when a man decided that a woman might be granted an abortion after she consented to a medical rape.

Is there a law that covers a death, caused by a
transvaginal ultrasound wand ?
 
"Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…”
- Donald Trump

" I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
- Donald Trump


Ivanka Trump married a man that Donald Trump could degrade, abuse, and manipulate ?

http://gothamist.com/2016/03/30/jared_kushner_not_good.php


Jared Kushner came by this wealth by being the son of Charles Kushner, a politically connected real-estate developer from New Jersey. The family owns more than $2 billion in property in New York, New Jersey, and Maryland. He largely took over the business after his father was imprisoned in 2005 for making illegal campaign contributions.

After Charles Kushner found out that his sister and brother-in-law were cooperating with the federal probe, he paid a prostitute $10,000 to seduce his brother-in-law, and sent the video to his sister.
 
‘You’re an a*shole!’: Florida woman publicly shames Gov. Rick Scott for anti-abortion bill

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) was confronted on Tuesday by a local woman who criticized him for his stances on womens’ reproductive health and the Affordable Care Act, WFTS-TV reported.

“You cut Medicaid so I couldn’t get Obamacare,” said the woman, who identified herself as 39-year-old Cara Jennings. “You’re an a*shole. You don’t care about working people. You should be ashamed to show your face around here.”

The face-off, captured on video by a witness, took place after Scott entered a Starbucks in Gainesville. Jennings is seen shushing another woman as she assails Scott, who responds that his administration has created one million jobs.

“A million jobs? Great, who here has a great job?” Jennings asks. “Or is looking forward to finishing school? Do you really feel like you have a job coming up?”

Jennings later told WFTS she was motivated by Scott’s decision to sign a bill cutting funding toward Planned Parenthood clinics in the state.

“I didn’t think about whether I should do it or not,” she said. “I thought, ‘Here’s my chance to tell the governor how I feel about the horrible bill.”

Next time he'll use the drive thru window.
 
12932975_1109904879102565_1291821081695588648_n.jpg


The Rummy, the Dummy and the Dick!​
 
Florida governor launches bullying attack on woman who criticized him at Starbucks

After a Florida resident spoke her mind to Governor Rick Scott, Scott is using the power of his public office to launch personal attacks against her, the Daily Dot reports.

On Tuesday, Cara Jennings was seated in a Starbucks coffee shop in Gainesville when Scott entered. Jennings launched into a rant about her displeasure with Scott’s policies.

“You cut Medicaid so I couldn’t get Obamacare,” Jennings said. “You’re a**shole. You don’t care about working people. You should be ashamed to show your face around here.”

In retaliation, the governor’s political action committee, Let’s Get to Work, made a video deriding Jennings as a “latte liberal” and a “terribly rude woman.”

“That woman clearly has a problem,” the video’s chuckling narrator says. “And it turns out she’s a former government official who refused to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and calls herself an anarchist.”

The video then mocks her for criticizing the governor on employment, asking “A million jobs? Great, who here has a great job? Or is looking forward to finishing school? Do you really feel like you have a job coming up?”

"And by their deeds, you shall know them."
 
We do not hear much, from Chris Christie

April 10, 2016

"Chris Christie is a strong, independent man and when Donald Trump humiliates him and parades him around in front of thousands of supporters, it's totally his choice. To prove his point, the governor told everybody who would listen that he's not planning on campaigning for Mr.Trump when he slithers back toward the east coast ahead of the New York primary."

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf...erve_sheneman_cartoon.html#incart_river_index

April 07, 2016

The New Jersey governor brushed off a question about stumping for Trump during a press conference in Atlantic City on Wednesday. Voters in New York head to the polls April 19.

"I'm a little busy at the moment," Christie responded when asked about future campaign trips.

The governor has spent most of the week pushing for a state takeover of Atlantic City, the gaming resort that's close to going broke.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/christie_no_plans_to_campaign_with_trump_ahead_of.html

April 14, 2016 will be the day of the grand gathering at the New York GOP gala.

Will Chris Christie be there ?

gsgs comment-

Thanks, nj dot com.
Trump does have skin the color of a traffic cone.
Trump's latest hair color reminds me of the yellow traffic light.

Trump had white hair for a bit, while he was stumping out West.
His bald spots appeared pinker than usual.
Bubblegum pink.
 
PBS News Hour discussion of woman seeking "the" seat in the Oval Office

"Ellen Fitzpatrick on women seeking the US presidency"


( Victoria )Woodhull is one of three women profiled in Fitzpatrick’s new book, “The Highest Glass Ceiling: Women’s Quest for the American Presidency”; the others are Margaret Chase Smith, who ran for the Republican nomination in 1964, and Shirley Chisholm, who ran for the Democratic nomination in 1972. Despite vast political and historical differences, the three shared one challenge: being taken seriously by a country in which “the whole idea of having a woman as president was deemed outlandish,” said Fitzpatrick. “The reason, I think, that no academic historian has written a book of this kind actually mirrors the phenomenon the book describes,” she added. “No one has ever taken them seriously.”


Victoria Claflin Woodhull

The first woman to declare herself as a candidate for president, Woodhull announced her run on April 2, 1870, by sending a notice to the New York Herald.

https://www.nwhm.org/online-exhibits/president/president.html


"Anyone who runs for the presidency is not your average bear,” Fitzpatrick said. “These women in particular are extraordinary.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/bo...-presidency/W1EHh6KP5L3DY0IVfaETuM/story.html

gsgs comment-

Hillary Clinton is being taken very seriously.
 
book

First Ladies of Running: 22 Inspiring Profiles of Rebels, Rule Breakers and Visionaries Who Changed the Sport Forever

Amby Burfoot
author

Roberta "Bobbi"Gibb
First woman to run the Boston Marathon in 1966

gsgs comment-
I will never forget Heartbreak Hill, and an angry and upset sexist man that wanted Bobbi out of the Marathon race.

Today, Bobbi said the men that she was running with, were very supportive.

(It only took one loudmouth, to cause trouble, that day...)

A man tried to tear her Marathon number off, and yelled
"Get her out of my race!"

(They did not allow women to race, using the excuse that they did not want to be liable for insurance, because women's bodies were not suitable, or capable.)

/end gsgs comment

Bobbi Gibb returned to the Boston Marathon to run in 1996, marking her 30th anniversary.

Thirteen thousand women will be running in the 2016 Boston Marathon ?

The Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) announced today that Roberta “Bobbi” Gibb will be the Grand Marshal of the 2016 Boston Marathon® on Monday, April 18.


http://www.baa.org/news-and-press/n...med-grand-marshal-of-the-boston-marathon.aspx
 
Back
Top