A Barrel Full of Rotten Apples

Allied Progress Retweeted
StopTheDebtTrap
StopTheDebtTrap
@StopTheDebtTrap
·
Oct 30
What is the #MilitaryLendingAct? It protects active duty service members, their spouses & children from predatory loans with over 36% interest. Congress passed it overwhelmingly in 2006 after learning financial distress is the leading cause of military suicides. #ProtectConsumers

3:19 PM · Oct 30, 2018

Allied Progress
Allied Progress
@AlliedProgress
·
Oct 26
FOLLOW THE MONEY -->
@realDonaldTrump
&
@MickMulvaneyOMB
, who took nearly $2 million from predatory payday lenders, have announced plans to gut
@CFPB
's payday loan borrower protections. #StopTheDebtTrap #ProtectConsumers

2:38 PM · Oct 26, 2018


Allied Progress
@AlliedProgress
·
Oct 24
Mulvaney took $60,000 in campaign cash from payday lenders. Today he cut a
@CFPB
-sought fine against a payday lender that harassed borrowers with bogus threats from $3 million to only $200,000. #StopTheDebtTrap #ProtectConsumers

3:32 PM · Oct 24, 2018



Veterans Education Success
Veterans Education Success
@GiBillRights
The
@AmericanLegion
confronts
@cfpb

@MickMulvaneyOMB
for telling CFPB staff to abandon military servicemembers and stop checking for violations of #MilitaryLendingAct.

Join the fight (link: http://KeepMilitaryProtections.Org) KeepMilitaryProtections.Org


10:41 AM · Oct 21, 2018
 
October 31, 2018

Mulvaney has abandoned consumers and emboldened financial predators. For months, Mulvaney shut off data collection which is essential for spotting financial wrong doing. When it came time to fund the CFPB’s work to protect consumers he asked for $0. He fired the important consumer advisory board without ever holding a legally required meeting. He also hobbled the Student Loan Office and defanged the fair lending office hindering its abilities to protect consumers from discriminatory lending practices.

He weakened efforts to protect servicemembers to the dismay veterans’ groups and the surprise of Pentagon officials. He pulled back on examining Equifax – one of his campaign donors – in the wake of the company’s massive data breach. He has teamed up with predatory payday lenders in court to attack the CFPB’s own payday loan borrower protections. He has dropped investigations, ended court cases, pulled back on strong enforcement, and reduced fines for financial predators, some of which showered him with campaign cash. Mulvaney also continues to allow Eric Blankenstein to oversee Fair Lending enforcement despite his history of racist writing.

https://alliedprogress.org/news/mulvaneys-cfpb-trick-consumers-treat-financial-predators/
 
It is much more difficult to be a rotten apple, when the peasants are at the door with shovels and pitchforks.

This year, we were witness to Trump loyalists scurrying away from people that confronted them. They ran to their cars, they called for security guards, they hid in their homes, offices, in DC.

They avoided interacting with the main body of people that they are must answer to. After, all, only a thin slice of the population agrees with what they are doing.

The main body writhes, when chunks of flesh or torn out, and face the person responsible for the tearing. The buck stops somewhere, and everything rolls downhill.

"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse !"

On the ground, facing what is real.

No way to avoid confrontation.

Their connection to power is contained in one finger.

It does not help when they are gutted, and their intestines are caught on the tangle of barb wire, that is the pack of lies that the thin slice is based on.

They will never re-enter the Castle In the Air, built on a cloud, again. The absence of the many operatives on the ground level forms a crack in the perfect vessel.

What may work itself into the crack ? The crack has the possibility of expanding.
 
Dan Rather
@DanRather

Journalist, storyteller, and lifelong reader. A Texan, by birth and by choice. Author of WHAT UNITES US. (link: http://algonquin.com/whatunitesus) algonquin.com/whatunitesus
New York, NYdanrather.com

Joined April 2009
279 Following
557.3K Followers

Dan Rather
@DanRather
·
7h
I saw Mitch McConnell issued a plea for bipartisanship??!?? At first I thought it was a joke - an article from @TheOnion
or a bit from @StephenAtHome.

Then I realized the English language needs a better synonym for chutzpah.

2:07 PM · Nov 14, 2018


gsgs comment-

What is the phrase used, when someone double-crosses both sides ?
see- "Mitch McConnell"
/end gsgs comment
 
Baba Yaga would surely smack Malevolent Melania's backside with her chicken foot, for impersonating a witch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/us/politics/mira-ricardel-melania-trump.html

Among Ms. Ricardel’s offenses, three people familiar with the situation said, was a dispute over airplane seating — she wanted to have a say over who was given seats on the plane to Africa. She grew angry when a seat for a National Security Council staff member on the plane was pulled to accommodate journalists.

https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...fter-plane-dispute-with-melania-37534486.html

As the East Wing prepared the flight manifest for the marquee trip, Ms Ricardel became angry that seats on the government jet were assigned to a larger-than-usual security entourage and a small press corps with none for Ms Ricardel or another NSC staffer, according to current US officials and others familiar with the trip and its aftermath.

What was I looking at ? Another opportunity for the Trump Family Theatre to call attention to some fictional premise ?

Malevolent Malania pretends she does not like her own husband. Pretends she is having a cat fight with another woman.

Headlines!


FFS The woman worked for them.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...al-security-adviser-white-house-a8633266.html


:rolleyes:

gsgs Confession -I fell for it. I was the doggie that followed the movement of arm and hand, and believed a ball was thrown.

More, the fool, me.

:eek:
 
Last edited:
sheryl sandberg is a cunt who has spent her whole career throwing women under the bus.

4:33 PM · Dec 14, 2016


Trump meets with tech leaders: Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Tesla, Intel


DEC 14, 2016


https://boingboing.net/2016/12/14/trump-meets-with-tech-elite-fr.html

"...consoling a crying colleague at work was not an infrequent occurrence during her tenure at Lean In. This person compared working at Lean In to working at Amazon as described in a 2015 New York Times story that featured anecdotes about employees crying at their desks."

“When that Amazon article hit ... the entire staff said you could have swapped out Lean In for Amazon,” the former employee said. “Nothing, and I mean nothing, was ever good enough or right.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ryl-sandberg-was-supposed-to-change-the-world

Photograph of Sheryl Sandberg- smirking, smug, scornful


December 17, 2018

Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg Was Supposed To Change The World With "Lean In." So What Went Wrong ?

The last few weeks have been difficult ones for Sandberg, who’s borne the brunt of the blame for Facebook’s disastrous hiring of political operatives to investigate its critics, including liberal billionaire philanthropist George Soros. While Sandberg grapples with the fallout from Facebook’s many missteps, the women’s movement she founded with the publication of Lean In in 2013 is also faltering.


Former first lady Michelle Obama inspired headlines and applause last week when she said during an onstage interview, “It’s not always enough to lean in, because that shit doesn’t work."


“When you feel like society is on the right track, it’s much easier to hawk messages of personal empowerment,” she remarked. “I think there was this shattering of confidence once Trump got elected. It revealed that the progress that Lean In was contingent upon was a fiction."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ryl-sandberg-was-supposed-to-change-the-world
 
Photograph of Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg


Attitude ?
"Fuck you. We are Gods/gods."

December 17, 2018

How Facebook’s scandals are hurting Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In brand
Facebook helped make Sheryl Sandberg a women’s empowerment icon. Now it’s damaging her credibility.

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/17/18119631/facebook-sheryl-sandberg-lean-in-feminism

gsgs comment- All of the power, all of the influence, all of the money. None of the responsibility, none of the accountability.


Photograph of Malevolent Melania's green coat message
I Really Don't Care
Do U?


They really did not care.

Russia did.

https://www.wired.com/story/russia-ira-propaganda-senate-report/
 
Back
Top