How do I change my username?

AlexD2018

Really Experienced
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Posts
141
I want to change my username to something less nondescript. Does anyone know how to do this please?
 
Why you would want to do it?

I don't really see the point, unless you want to shred any connection with current name and/or display radically different personality, in with case starting new account is the right course of action.

Some General Board trolls have large number of names under their belt, for reasons ranging from regular banning, suspection to be on too many people's ignore lists, or purposefully created alts to post nonsense or views so radical to be seen damaging to their "main" persona displayed, or just to talk to themselves publicly, faking illustration of discussion in hopes some will slip and pay some attention. And know what, most know who is who anyway, they play guessing that as a game on its own right.

Attention is the most deficit resource in the universe, because the demand is effectively infinite, but delivery very very limited. There are objective reasons, mostly expressed in units of time, but also many people are surprisingly reluctant to give attention even when they invest time, as if that was a limited resource that could be spent. Within certain parameters, it isn't. Pay attention, give it out when you care or it's cheap enough to do, and you may receive some in return.

Many (if not most) here are essentially very lonely. I do believe that is a trend, as more connected we are as more lonely we become in the crowd. However, this also explain a bit, people who tend to fall lonely are often people not very good at giving attention, and/or skewed heavily on only delivering negative attention.
 
Change could be impossible. It has been done in the past, but it's been a couple of years.

Best thing to do, create a new account.

You can either keep the current one or have it deleted.

To delete the account...remember though, all the posts you made will still be around, just the account is deleted, the name associated with the old posts will be guest.

To Delete the account, submit a story titled Delete My Account. Fill in the required fields and in the text box for the story, explain why you want it deleted. Submit, remembering you have to preview it first, then submit the preview.

You might also be able to request a name change this way. Just change the appropriate text to Change My Account Name Please. Be nice. Don't demand. In the text box Put the name you want you account to be changed to and explain nicely why you would like the name change.

That might work better than a PM to Laurel.
 
Back
Top