C'Ville Rightist Murder Trial Begins

So I guess the wiener thing is off the table? :/

You REALLY have to stop getting your history lessons from HuffPo.

The Nazi party was Socialism all the way, as is the current Democratic Party.

Own it.
In WWII-era Germany, there were very bad people on both sides.
 
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aren't you the one that was saying words have to be used and recognised as they're commonly understood, not their definition?

Anyway, call it socialism, communism or whatever ism you like, the Nazis had far more in common with you than with the Republicans.
 
Anyway, call it socialism, communism or whatever ism you like, the Nazis had far more in common with my bizarre caricature of everyone to the left of John McCain than with the Republicans.

Fixed that for ya. :D
 
Fair enough. After all, you're guilty of the same with regard to President Trump.

I didn't imagine Trump saying there were "very fine people" among the white supremacists in Charlottesville. (Remember them? That's what this thread started with.)
 
I didn't imagine Trump saying there were "very fine people" among the white supremacists in Charlottesville. (Remember them? That's what this thread started with.)

Crap. This is about CHARLOTTESVILLE?

Sorry, thought it was about Fergie. I take back everything I said.
 
How Many Years Is The Nazi Who Murdered Heather Heyer Going To Prison For?


For the murder of Heather Heyer, the Charlottesville jury gave Fields a life sentence and a fine of $100,000. For each of the three charges of aggravated malicious wounding, they sentenced him to 70 years and fines of $70,000. For each of the five charges of malicious wounding, 20 years in prison and fines of $10,000, and nine years for the hit and run. All in all, this comes out to a life sentence plus 419 years and $480,000. Judge Richard Moore accepted the jury's verdicts, but will hold off on officially sentencing Fields until March 19.

Nobody likes Nazis!:eek:
 
His recent court appearance spares him from a life sentence, and he has confessed that he acted out of hate and his white supremacist views.

So he wasn’t just a panicked driver.
 
His recent court appearance spares him from a life sentence, and he has confessed that he acted out of hate and his white supremacist views.

So he wasn’t just a panicked driver.

Maybe. Maybe not. It would have made no difference in outcome either way.

Chances are he's a total dirt bag, but people have taken a plea to a crime they didn't commit in preference to the chance of losing their case. Jury is out until I have a chance to interrogate everyone involved using extreme measures. As that's unlikely to happen, we'll all just have to remain in the dark and accept the court's judgement.
 
Maybe. Maybe not. It would have made no difference in outcome either way.

Chances are he's a total dirt bag, but people have taken a plea to a crime they didn't commit in preference to the chance of losing their case. Jury is out until I have a chance to interrogate everyone involved using extreme measures. As that's unlikely to happen, we'll all just have to remain in the dark and accept the court's judgement.

He is a real dirt bag, and I have no actual sympathy for him. However, I still believe he was railroaded. There should have been a change in venue, and the jurors who had already formed opinions of guilt or innocence should not have been allowed on the jury.

ETA: In addition to these facts, Fields had two lawyers, both court appointed. The first (Charles Weber) was a man who probably would have tried to win an acquittal. The judge then dismissed him and appointed a former prosecutor to defend Fields. Judging from what she did not do, it appears she was in the tank for her former associates. Fields' claim was that he was fleeing an angry, armed mob, and there were eye witness accounts verifying this, but she never called any of them or showed the videotape of his car being attacked. Her only witness was somebody who testified that Fields said he felt bad about the carnage.
 
Last edited:
His recent court appearance spares him from a life sentence, and he has confessed that he acted out of hate and his white supremacist views.

So he wasn’t just a panicked driver.

To be clear, the "recent court appearance" was yesterday, Wednesday, and was for a separate, federal, trial from the state case he already was found guilty of and sentenced on. He pled guilty to all of the charges yesterday except the one that would give him the death penalty and the feds let that one drop . . . because . . . Attorney General Bill Barr, Trump's handpicked protector of that neo-Nazi Donald Trump, sent them a letter last Friday to drop that charge. (sourced to today's Charlottesville Daily Progress, front page).
 
That's right, he was just a dumb tool (not hard to find among those neo-Nazis who showed up that day). The delay in the trial was that the Feds were trying to find out who put him up to this. I don't think they did (and I have a well-placed contact on this in the courtroom).

Contact? Tell us more of this contact.
 
The judge in Wednesday's courtroom was a federal judge, not a local one.
 
I wonder how many of the wacko's around here fit the label of 'mental illness'.

Certainly those I finger as Trumpettes. And certainly Boxlicker, who, I'm sure, will still say Fields was the victim.
 
Back
Top