Does anyone here believe in Astrology and Numerology?

Entropy is, for some people, terrifying. In order to deny it's existance, they dream up patterns and popluate them with confirmation bias.

Those who lack the imagination to dream up their own patterns buy patterns from chalatans. Which is why we have Astrology and Numerology.

The same can be said for death. Which is why we have Religion.

Well done Liar. 5000 years of human thought in half a dozen sentences.:)

Best post for ages.
 
black and white

You're a retard, and I don't care when you're born. Anyone that believes in astrology should be killed before they breed.

How very black and white of you in this grey world most of us live in lol. No offense but how could someone finding hope or inspiration in something like astrology be offensive to a person who doesn't?
 
I find your viewpoint particularly disturbing. As a southerner I was raised right in the Bible Belt and let me assure you the Southern Baptist influence was strong. I do have a brain and a very inquisitive mind and decided to ask more questions. The religions you are referring to as New Age actually predate what we consider to be modern day Judaism/Christianity/Islam/Hindu. You consider astrology to be ridiculous, yet it is an ancient scientific practice. perhaps you should be a little more open minded and do some research before making blanket statements.
I do read Tarot cards, I do consult with psychics, I do read my horoscope and have had my natal chart completed. Am I crazy? No, I'm an open minded , intelligent woman who knows there is more in this world than can be explained.

1 You believe in accordance with your upbringing as a Southern Baptist.

2 You also believe in Horoscopes, Tarot, Astrology and similar superstitions.

Your church condemns belief in 2 above as evil and consorting with the devil and his agents. Ask your priest, vicar, pastor, witch doctor or whatever he/she calls her/himself and they will tell you that you are wicked, evil, possessed and need a thorough exorsizing. A bit of scourging wouldn't hurt either.

In view of your contradictory beliefs in 1 and 2 above you are self evidently neither intelligent nor open minded. Crazy is your best option.
 
I do read Tarot cards, I do consult with psychics, I do read my horoscope and have had my natal chart completed. Am I crazy? No, I'm an open minded , intelligent woman who knows there is more in this world than can be explained.

I read Tarot cards too and allegedly I'm quite good at it. It's a fun activity at parties but I would never suggests that anybody put more into it than that. It's a card game to scare the kids with at Halloween - nothing more.

You are not crazy Ejredlady, but you are the victim of a logical fallacy. There are indeed things in the world for which we have no explanation. However neither astrology nor Tarot cards are among them, since proving their lack of validity through blinded empirical tests is a simple matter.
 
Back
Top