The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Should have left the windbag on ignore, TX.

The only way this place is tolerable any more is if you blank out the paranoids and assholes. Put back on your gas mask before the stench of the garbage they're piling in every corner knocks you out.

When he started back to trying to associate himself with Lit, I took him off ignore. He's not part of Lit in any way shape or form and I'm not going to allow him to say so without letting everyone know it.

Remember trash in, trash out. That's him in a nutshell. Emphasis on the nut.

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread. The one and only real support thread and the one and only real contest on Lit.

Don't be fooled by the fake contest, awards, and lists. It's all bullshit.

Not worth it to me. It's reached a point where he's only patient zero of the epidemic. Seeing the insane scumbaggery he's gotten away with has inspired umpteen kindred assholes to run wild, knowing that there are no consequences for even the most abhorrent behavior.

He's one of many, and probably the least credible of the bunch.

Anybody who falls for his fraud for more than the briefest of times probably isn't worth trying to save.

thanks for the feedback re conflict

I'm torn between the conflict being internal--a person resisting a relationship she wants because of what "people" will say/think

or external--where she actually has to deal with the people thinking/saying things.

Personally, I would find the first more interesting, but I don't know. This is where I got stuck last year, and then a new idea came to me anyway so I wrote that instead.

I'm torn between the conflict being internal--a person resisting a relationship she wants because of what "people" will say/think

or external--where she actually has to deal with the people thinking/saying things.

Personally, I would find the first more interesting, but I don't know. This is where I got stuck last year, and then a new idea came to me anyway so I wrote that instead.

go with your interest, it will write more smoothly and you'll be happier.

Good luck to all participants

I look forward to reading your contributions. Some of the first stories I read here were earlier Valentine's Day Contest entries, and they were really good.

The flower and chocolate vendors in Denmark have been pushing for us to acknowledge Valentine's Day for several years now, so it's becoming more common. But at lot of people resist the idea as just another of those commercial things coming from US - like Halloween. Though it's also British, isn't it ? That's where I first encountered the tradition back in the 1980'ies.

Last edited:
Should have left the windbag on ignore, TX.

The only way this place is tolerable any more is if you blank out the paranoids and assholes. Put back on your gas mask before the stench of the garbage they're piling in every corner knocks you out.

I don't know about garbage, but the stench of hypocrisy is pretty prevalent here.

If it's romance, you should be good.

Can't hurt to mention exactly what you say here in passing, though. Then maybe wrap the story up with something about celebrating the spirit of the holiday?

If it's not romance, it may be a more difficult sell without some fairly frequent references to Valentine's or the trappings of same.

I look forward to reading your contributions. Some of the first stories I read here were earlier Valentine's Day Contest entries, and they were really good.

And I suddenly realized that the current story I'm working on actually took place on Valentine's Day 20 years ago. Not that the date had any significance at that time because it was not something we celebrated in Denmark. So I'm not quite sure whether to ignore it and just say a Sunday in the middle of February or mention Valentine's day in passing. Any advice ?

The flower and chocolate vendors in Denmark have been pushing for us to acknowledge Valentine's Day for several years now, so it's becoming more common. But at lot of people resist the idea as just another of those commercial things coming from US - like Halloween. Though it's also British, isn't it ? That's where I first encountered the tradition back in the 1980'ies.

Oops sorry Dark, I woke up this morning and realized that my post could be read as if the story I mentioned, was going to be in the contest. Rushed down to edit it, but you had already answered.

I don't do contests, and anyway the story would not have been elegible as it's part of a series and the fact that it happens on Valentine's Day has NO significance at all for the plot. Because very few people in Denmark knew of this tradition 20 years ago.

But nevertheless your post gave me my answer, I'll ignore the Valentine's Day issue completely in the story and maybe even shift the date a couple of days, just to be on the safe side. So thanks.

Oh and Happy New Year to everyone in AH !

Ah, okay. I assumed since it was in the contest topic, it had to do with the contest.

As a regular story, there's no reason to mention it at all if it's not relevant.

Continuing a story

I'm thinking about continuing a story I did for a Valentine's Day contest a few years back about Cupid.. he comes to life in a very different world.

Cupid

I'm thinking about continuing a story I did for a Valentine's Day contest a few years back about Cupid.. he comes to life in a very different world.

Does it involve zombies? Cupid and erotic horror. It could work. Sometimes his arrow shoots love, sometimes it's like Daryl's crossbow...straight to the eye. ;-)

Inspiration

Got inspired after posting here. I got a good 1,200 words in on my VD contest story. Main character is filling up with internal conflict as we speak.

And that led to 3,000+ words on my multi-part CFNM/BDSM/femdom/older woman/romance that I have been stalled out on for over a month.

Love this forum.

Got inspired after posting here. I got a good 1,200 words in on my VD contest story. Main character is filling up with internal conflict as we speak.

And that led to 3,000+ words on my multi-part CFNM/BDSM/femdom/older woman/romance that I have been stalled out on for over a month.

Love this forum.

Glad to be of service. that's what we're here for. ;)

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2013 Valentines Day Contest

)ny-bed-blonde-pink-lingerie-busty-underwear-panties-Sexy-Pics-Imagineglow-Love-nice-Sexy-women-top-favourites-giggity_large.jpg

Submission window: starting January 17th up until February 10th . We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible.

The winners will be announced on or around February 14th

You can discuss this special contest on this thread or preferably on the A.I.R. thread.

PLEASE NOTE: While the LITEROTICA Valentines Day Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules.

Yeah, the Literotica Valentines Day Contest is real the other one is a fake. That's the real difference. Don't be fooled by stupid.

Hmm... If I'm going to get that story going, I'd probably better drag it out of the folder and look at it *laugh*

I got caught up in launching a long-delayed section of my website with a couple of exclusive short stories to start out, and coding behind the scenes to launch the final greyed-out link on the main page.

Maybe I'll finally get all the content that used to be up restored in a prettier, more user-friendly format after a couple of years since the website redesign :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I have an idea for a story.
On the minus side, I go back to work tomorrow and have very little time to work on it.

On the plus side, I wrote a couple hundred words on a new story.
On the minus side, I deleted a hundred words on a new story.

On the plus side, I found an old flashdrive with snippets of stories that have real possibilities.
On the minus side, I've changed computers several times since then and opening said files is proving challenging.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

On the plus side, I have an idea for a story.
On the minus side, I go back to work tomorrow and have very little time to work on it.

On the plus side, I wrote a couple hundred words on a new story.
On the minus side, I deleted a hundred words on a new story.

On the plus side, I found an old flashdrive with snippets of stories that have real possibilities.
On the minus side, I've changed computers several times since then and opening said files is proving challenging.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

Sorry about the frustration. :rose::kiss:

Open snippets in notepad and copy to whatever version of word you currently have.

Sorry about the frustration. :rose::kiss:

Open snippets in notepad and copy to whatever version of word you currently have.

Oh, it was much more complicated than that. I tried opening them in notepad. You know how they curse in the comics? Yeah, it looked like that. The flashdrive's program wouldn't recognize OpenOffice so I had to download another program OpenFreely which loaded my computer with all sorts of unwanted toolbars and such, but did allow me to open the snippets. I opened them with OpenFreely, copied them to OpenOffice and then deleted all the toolbars and such.

Fingers crossed, I think I'm okay for now.

my silence is me trying not to jinx my progress... whoops...

Just a bump -- a little over two weeks until the the contest starts. :)

Back