Illinois friends!

I also like Canoeing the Fox, (which sounds like a double entendre :devil:).
I don't live there, (I am farther North in Ill) but my family was from there originally.
It does! lol

The Fox River Dells start not far from where I live...been on that canoe ride a few times, never fails to please - except when the Fox is so low that you have to get out and haul the canoe!

Born and raised near Quincy. Went to school at Quincy College and UofI-Circle. Now retired on the Central Coast of California.

Snow! Not much here, just enough to cover the ground...but it finally feels like winter.

Snow! Not much here, just enough to cover the ground...but it finally feels like winter.

Despite my enjoyment of Midwest living, the one part I really detest is the snow. The best part of winter, is that it ends.

Was up in Michigan for a few days, several inches on the ground and still coming down when I left. Just a dusting here....

I don't know that we're allowed to complain about snow in an Illinois thread, I mean if other states hear that we don't like the stuff what will they think? They already assume it's always winter here, which is pretty ironic given our summer and fall.

Despite my enjoyment of Midwest living, the one part I really detest is the snow. The best part of winter, is that it ends.
Aww, come on now, isn't it pretty?

I probably like it so much because I don't have to shovel it....that's what I have kids for. Thank goodness I have two big, strong, strapping corn-fed boys.

Hate driving in it, though.

hi

mornin to my fellow illini.near st louis here.little snow on ground, but more on the way.

hi

thanks for the good morning.hope yours is good too.the coffee tastes good this morn.

Aww, come on now, isn't it pretty?

I probably like it so much because I don't have to shovel it....that's what I have kids for. Thank goodness I have two big, strong, strapping corn-fed boys.

Hate driving in it, though.

The lack of youthful assistance in clearing my longish driveway is one of the reasons I hate it. And while it may start pretty, buy the time all the cars drive on it and plows displace it, it turns a horrible carbon gray.

I actually don't mind driving on it, as I have 4wd.

The lack of youthful assistance in clearing my longish driveway is one of the reasons I hate it. And while it may start pretty, buy the time all the cars drive on it and plows displace it, it turns a horrible carbon gray.

I actually don't mind driving on it, as I have 4wd.
I do, too, but it's a loooooong commute to work. Last blizzard, the 40-minute drive took 2 hours - the county is just not in a hurry to clear the rural roads.

Sunny now....you don't have to worry. Looks like we'll be good for a while. But if you need my strapping boys, I'll send them up to clear your driveway....I'm nice like that.

Back