Aliens: Colonial Marines new recruits (closed)

The command and control center was even open. We entered and swept through the interior that was a mess of computer monitors and it was cleared. No signs f a struggle. I sent a message off to platoon informing that we secured the area and had all of the doors closed and locked then got the squad to start working on the computers to see what information we could get from them.

Going over to Lowell I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close, "Don't worry about what happened. I got plenty of false readings. It happens," then I pointed to her weapon, "If it does happen where you have to use that, remember to what where you're aiming because Connell's incinerator can be pierced easily and set us all up," then winked at her and patted her back, "You're doing great. Keep it up."
 
I smiled and nodded when he told me to use the weapon carefully. He told me I was doing great and patted me on the back. I saw Connell give a jealous look and thought maybe her and the sergeant had a thing. I moved in to look at the screen again and tried not to get any more false feelings..
 
With the doors secured we began going through the computers with Lowell being our eyes outside the building as we went to work. Iggy was able to get inside the databanks and pull up information as Elmer's squad secured the quarters and found not a trace of the people. Now they were on their way to secure one of the construction buildings.

"The sensors and arrays are intact and functioning properly" Iggy replied as he skimmed over the information on the computer. "Looks like they just left it," shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay," I said turning to him, "Go ahead and pull up their data chips and see if we can find them." Each colonist had a location chip implanted in their bodies so they could be located within 15km radius but when Iggy began scanning, he couldn't find anything.
 
'Strange' I thought it was like they vanished without a trace. Their data chips weren't on the scanner and everything was in place.They went through computers and databases and still nothing. ?.

"Are there cameras Sir maybe we can see what happened? "
 
"I'll get on that" Iggy replied. In a moment he was able to pull up cameras around the command center and most of the others in the facilities but those that were in the underground access tunnel and the reactor itself were off line. Panning and zooming the cameras Iggy could see some of the other offices and they to appeared to be deserted.

"What the fuck, man" Iggy growled as his eyes strained staring at the screen.

Around that time I heard from Elmer that his squad was on their way to the cantina, a lounge area for the colonists.

"I got them on camera" Iggy replied and all three of us pressed our faces closer to the screen and could see them file into the building.
 
I watched my surroundings and the screen closely as Iggy said he got them on camera.

"You found them?"I asked relived hoping he meant the colonists.

I was still new to this but I had a bad feeling about this whole thing.It was abandoned and no readings? It was odd and unsettling to me.

I was curious about what he found bht decided keeping lookout was most important if something happened itd be on me so I had to stay very alert.
 
"So far-zippo" Iggy replied with a light shake of his head as he went back to looking for the colonists. "If anything happened the protocol would be to hold up inside this place," pointing out the blast doors. Torres and Mitch found the armory was still locked up tight. Each colony was equipped with some rifles, shotguns, and pistols to defend themselves should the colony be attacked by pirates or any other aggressors but the keypad data says that the last access was done just the day before the last transmission from the colony was made.

"Could it be pirates attacking quickly?" Mitch asked.

"Don't think so," Torres shook his head, "If they were pirates then they would take everything" pointing at the armory itself, "They wouldn't leave stuff like this behind. It's too valuable."
 
Last edited:
"Theres no activity on the tracker either sir Connell and I have been staring at it the entire time" I said the squad seemed confused and honestly so was I . I had been expecting it to be a raid or hostage situation but nothing at all.

They continued looking at weaponry and I wondered if we should take some for back up. The colony looked deserted and the comouters were telling us last access was the day before transmission. "What do we do now sir?"
 
"Until we get orders otherwise," I said to her, "we stay put." We had taken what we needed to and we couldn't move as Elmer's squad was taking the cantina. Outside, the weather was picking up. Winds were howling at over 70mph. We got word from our LT that all Cheyennes are returning to the Benedict because they couldn't fly in this weather leaving our platoon on the surface. Just forty Marines.

"All squads, rally at the command and control center" our LT replied. We'll hold up there for tonight and continue our search once we can get some support."

I groaned. Shit. That meant that we would have to be with Elmer's squad once again.
 
The whole squad groaned in protest at having to be with Elmers squad but I felt a bit nervous sleeping with that group of men. They reminded her of her old squad and she didn't like it.

She stayed silent as they went to command and control center .After their last encounter with that group she didn't feel comfortable with being around them but she had no choice and wouldn't argue.
 
"we'll be tight on space," I said, "Torres and Mitch," scout out some living quarters for us." Then turned to Lowell and summoned Connell over for a personal meeting, "You two will stick with me everywhere we go, alright? I don't want a fight right now and I want to look over you."

My two men went out and looked over the connecting med-lab and then one other building that was adjacent to the C & C. These will work just fine for us, more than enough room for forty leathernecks. When they reported back that they found some space for us to bed down I said to Lowell, "Just stick with me. We'll sleep together tonight."

Iggy immediately broke out in laughter before Connell slapped him in the back of the head.

"I didn't mean it that way" I smiled rather nervously, "I just want to make sure that Elmer's bunch don't get their grimy hands on you again."
 
I blushed and nodded "Yes I know what you meant sir thank you" I high fived Connell for slapping Iggy and We all headed to our temporary camps.

They were crowded but pretty ok and she felt relived she and Connell would be safe enough.

She follwed closely behind and they got a few looks from the other squad but nothing was said.

She knew the sergeant wouldnt try to do anything to her like her previous one did and that he would protect her.
 
Elmer and his men came in, they shuffled inside and were damp from the rain and gave me some scalding looks. A little while later the LT came in with his squad and then third squad came in. All were reporting that they had no contacts and that the perimeter was secured. The LT looked over the data that Iggy had pulled up and said that until the weather cleared we would stay inside the C & C area. Our squad was tasked with standing down as Elmer's squad would take the first watch for three hours then we would rotate out. That was good for us so we could get some rest. The blast doors were shut as the wind was picking up. We could hear the howling outside. I took Iggy and the others and met with Connell and Lowell in our quarters. "Remember, everyone go in groups of two or more wherever we go," I reminded them.

"You really think they'll start shit here? Now?" Mitch asked.

"Never take down your guard," I reminded him then found Lowell and sat down next to her, "Not even for an instant. All of this boredom can make a person do some crazy things."
 
He didnt have to tell her twice. She always had her guard up even slightly because you never knew had motive. The sergeant sat next to me and Connell on the other side. Elmers squad was stupid but starting here? Its seemed childish. I hope they stayed professional.

We set up make shift beds and I settled in beside the sergeant. I didnt want tk make him uncomfortable but there was little space so I moved in close to his body trying to get comfortable.
 
Iggy dimmed the lights to the room as we put our weapons on safe and began racking out wherever we could find a comfortable spot and I laid out and looked up at the ceiling for a moment then rolled onto my side facing at Lowell and gave a smile. With the others still awake, I didn't say anything yet as Connell put her incinerator away and laid on the other side of Lowell with her hands on her stomach after a good stretch.

We would have three hours to sleep before it was our turn on sentry duty. "You better get some sleep" I whispered to Lowell knowing that it would be difficult for her to do so. I wasn't uncomfortable right now because there was nothing we were doing.
 
I smiled back looking at the sergeant for a moment and then said " I will serge" I layed down on my back staring at the celing a bit and felt my self fall asleep slowly. Whe imawoke I had my head on the sergeants chest and blushed moving away. "Sorry..." I said

I sat up running my hand through my hair glad noone else was up yet.I glanced at my watch and quickly at the tracker still curious about how a whole colony vanished.
 
I was half asleep, though feeling the weight of her head I didn't mind that she woke up that way. It was better than waking up to someone like Iggy and his slobber, but a moment later I fell asleep once again and my mind was buzzing with all sorts of disjointed dreams that were very confusing, but none of it would solve the problem of what happened at the colony.

As my squad stayed in place in their rooms, in the C & C the LT was still awake and looking over the diagrams of the processor and was still trying to find the chip implants of the colonists, so far he was unable to find anything. Elmer reported that all of the Wildcats, the colonists main form of transportation, were still inside the garage.
 
I debated on going back to sleep and sleep won as I lay back down between Connell and the captain . I decided to sleep a bit more so I was well rested when I woke up.

I wondered if the colonist were ok if they were alive and that they weren't dangerous. She had strange dreams about the mission and wondered what they had meant.they fwlt like a sign of sorts.
 
I fell asleep again and I remember moving about because sometime later I felt this hot blast of air against my face. It kept persisting for some time and then I open my eyes and realize though that she was breathing into my face as she slept. After a while I grew agree used to it, because I did not have a blanket and then slowly close my eyes again and somehow in my way closer either it was by accident or on purpose I do not remember I just remember short time later that we were only inches apart.musta been 20 or so minutes later that I open my eyes again and look around the interior of the room and looked at my watch weather we had about one hour left before it was our time to go on duty then my eyes adjusted a bit to what was in front of me and realize though that lols was still sleeping coming in and out as light sighs.I couldn't help but smile as she lay curled up next to me she looks like a little tiny kitten the way she breathes all she slept curled up into a ball.
 
I continued sleeping comfortably between the Sergent and Connell. It was a slight breeze but the body warmth helped. She stretched and curled up wanting to get in another position and moved closer to whoever was next to me.

I sighed and lay my head comfortably against my sweater which was my pillow for now. I figured we had a bit of time so I continued resting.
 
She was very pretty, but I didn't want to touch her on account of her past. I figured that she would take any touch by someone as a nightmare and lash out violently. My eyes graced her figure, with that ample chest, dark hair, hard yet youthful face and the nice figure in that fitting uniform she was a real beauty, but she was someone I couldn't touch, at least right now. Looking at my watch again, we still had more time to lay out so I flopped onto my bed and used my blouse as my own pillow compared to Lowell's sweater and looked at the ceiling finding it difficult to go back to sleep. Beside me there was the mews of Lowell that made me smile. She seemed not to be the type to be a Marine, young, pretty, youthful looking compared to myself or even Connell.
 
I rolled over stirring awake as I felt some lay beside me. I saw the sergeants rock hard body and tried hard not to stare. He was absolutely amazing to look at and he had a great personality friendly and funny but stern and serious when he needed to be.

I opened my eyes and looked at him leaning up on my elbow. "Sir are you awake?" I whispered
 
"Yes" I whispered then flicked my eyes to see her dim outline. That soft voice told me she was awake, "You have a bad dream?" I asked. From this position I could only see her outline but knew that Connell lay on the other side of her, but I could hear the snores of the others as they lay around us still sleeping.
 
I smiled " No not a bad dream but weird ones..How about you your not tired?" She said liking the sound of his deep but soothing voice and admiring the glow of his body from the dim light.
 
"You get use to it, after awhile," I nod to her and then adjust myself to turn my body towards her. My blouse was off and the T-shirt showed my my well built body, but I wasn't trying to seduce her, I was trying to get comfortable on this bed, which was really a hard cot with no cushioning. "What kind of dreams did you have?" asking because I was also having weird dreams. None of it made any sense, but after awhile they started to fade away because of the short term memory. Years of campaigning my body was not only hard in body but in mind. Some would say that I was mentally numb, but what most did not understand was because I had to be hard. It wasn't just because of the shouting but also what else I had to do. I've lost friends, people that were close, but because of that I had to be hard so that the deaths were hard to get to me because it would get to me and make me lose focus.
 
Back
Top