FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked around a bit here, but haven't been able to find an answer to this.

Does anyone have advice concerning a free and anonymous hosting site that tolerates smut, where I could park the pictures I want to then embed in my posts here?

I see a lot of posts where the photos have obviously been removed, maybe because they violated the host policies.

Tbuddha,

Google 'free adult image hosting' and you should find a ton of sites that allow adult images. Some of them require registration; others don't (you just upload the pic(s) and then copy the URL(s)). Some attach a little 'hosted at...' icon on the pic or embed a link to the site (though you can often remove/avoid these by finding the URL in the code they give you to copy); some don't. It really just depends on which features you want and how you like the site - my first choice may be your last choice.

You can find sites people have recommended previously by googling:
site:forum.literotica.com adult image hosting
(Actually, you can find just about anything that's been discussed here by putting in the red part, then replacing the blue part with your own keywords. You can do the same for stories; just take out the 'forum.' so it's 'site:literotica.com stories keywords'. It's usually MUCH easier than using the forum and story search functions. Cool, huh? :D )

Be advised that Lit has an image posting policy, as well. Click me to read it (you can also find it via the Forum Rules link at the bottom of every page). Pics that violate the guidelines are removed by moderators if they're found, so you may want to consider that in choosing which pics you post.

I hope that helps, and happy image hosting and pic posting! :)

How to introduce myself (as a newbie)?

Hello!

I am what you might call a long-time lurker and first-time poster! I would like to dive in and actually participate at long last. You used to be able to post to the "New Member Intro" sticky thread, but when I tried to do that it told me the thread was closed. ..... What's the preferred etiquette for a newbie seeking to introduce herself? :)

Thanks, looking forward to getting involved,
Sarah

Hello!

I am what you might call a long-time lurker and first-time poster! I would like to dive in and actually participate at long last. You used to be able to post to the "New Member Intro" sticky thread, but when I tried to do that it told me the thread was closed. ..... What's the preferred etiquette for a newbie seeking to introduce herself? :)

Sarah
Welcome! Why not just start slowly and gently posting to the boards on which you've been lurking?
- curl

Hello!

Sarah

I agree with what Curl said, pick one of the threads that really interests you that you've been lurking on and gently introduce yourself. I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome, everyone around here is great.

And let me be the second to say Welcome ! :rose:

Hello!

Welcome Sarah:rose:
I'm not sure what happened there, but I PMed our Miss Mod and all is right with the world and the intro thread is open.
Etiquette wise I think you've done just fine.

Thank you!

Hello again -

Thanks so much to Curl, BigBobnc, and Quoll for the excellent advice, which I am definitely going to take, and thanks to Quoll for straightening out that apparent technical difficulty with this intro. thread. And THANK YOU, all three, for the warm welcome! :) Phew..... that's a whole lotta thank you's!:D

As I said in my post above, I guess you could call me a long-time lurker and first-time poster. I discovered Literotica several years ago, first for the stories, and then stumbled upon the forums. After having read the forums (especially HT!) without posting for a long time, I find myself in the odd position of feeling as though I know everyone on the HT board without giving anyone the chance to know me! A situation which I guess I am going to try to change now.

Well, what more to say for an introduction? Hmmm..... I'm a thirty-something female. I have a great guy that I'm seeing at the moment. I am hoping to continue getting excellent ideas/ advice from the HT forums.... to ask some questions of my own.... and maybe share some ideas and thoughts from my own experience.

Thanks again for the welcome, and see you around!

-- Sarah

SweetErika said:
I dunno. Something to do with avatars. "How to get an avatar and other Lit-related FAQ's" or something like that. Of course, nobody reads the damn stickies, anyway.

Sorry. Just having a Scrooge moment. :(

You must have at least 100 posts for an avatar.

Once you've reached 100, you may have to wait a few hours for the system to update. Then:
1) Log out of Lit
2) Clear your temporary internet files/cache
3) Close your browser (if you use multiple browsers, tabs, or windows, close them all)
4) Come back to Lit and log in
5) Go to the User CP>Edit Avatar
6) Refresh the page.
7) Click the Browse button, and upload the file.

***Your image can't be more than 150 pixels in the largest dimension or greater than 15.0 kb, whichever is smaller. If you need image editing software, many people here recommend a free program called Irfanview .

:D Thanks for the info on this! I made my first thread yesterday...and made the mistake of asking these questions on it...wow! Talk about the trolls coming out of the wood work! :( Guess I should have looked here first...still trying to find my way around here with out blundering to badly!

:D Thanks for the info on this! I made my first thread yesterday...and made the mistake of asking these questions on it...wow! Talk about the trolls coming out of the wood work! :( Guess I should have looked here first...still trying to find my way around here with out blundering to badly!
It's not what you asked, it's where you asked. The Genereal Board likes to think it has a badarse attitude, and it may have at one point, it may even have been edgy and intelligent, but that was a long time ago in a GB far far away, now it's just, well, nothing really.

Welcome to Lit.

It's not what you asked, it's where you asked. The Genereal Board likes to think it has a badarse attitude, and it may have at one point, it may even have been edgy and intelligent, but that was a long time ago in a GB far far away, now it's just, well, nothing really.

Welcome to Lit.

Hmmm ok, well I guess I don't know enough about this web site to figure out all the odds and ends just yet. Maybe some day soon I will stop my blundering around...:) Thanks anyways :D

Thanks Quoll!!

I guess I was just looking in the wrong places :p

Now I know to post atleast 100 threads for the Avetar, but what about changing my status from Virgin? ;)

Peaches,

That happens automatically after a certain number of posts. I think after 25 (or maybe 50) posts it changes to "experienced."

J

ETA: Holy crap, I have 666 posts...shoot, something will have to be awfully good for me to post a reply. :)

Really, how good?

Wait.

Don't answer that.:D

I guess I was just looking in the wrong places :p

Now I know to post atleast 100 threads for the Avetar, but what about changing my status from Virgin? ;)

Your title depends on the number of posts you have:

1-29 - Virgin
30-99 - Experienced
100-299 - Really experienced
300-499 - Really Really Experienced
500-999 - Literotica Guru
1000+ - Custom Title

Here ya go.

Your title depends on the number of posts you have:

1-29 - Virgin
30-99 - Experienced
100-299 - Really experienced
300-499 - Really Really Experienced
500-999 - Literotica Guru
1000+ - Custom Title

Here ya go.

Thanks! Good to know :kiss:

Once you have your 1000 posts, go to your Control Panel, click on "Edit Profile" and fill in the field.

I tried that, but the option wasn't there.
I'm now OVER 1,000 and still no option.

So what now?

EDIT: Nevermind, seems the actual number to do this was 1004 posts.

Last edited:
Adding attachments so that they automatically show up in your posts.

After clicking on reply, scroll down and click on Manage Attachments button.

attachment.php

In the pop-up window select and upload the attachments from your computer (maximum of five),
once that's done close the pop-up window.
The attachment(s) will now be listed above the Manage Attachments button.

In most browsers right clicking on the attachment will give you the option to copy the link address,
if this is not the case then click on the attachment and it should open in a separate window,
copy the URL from the address bar.

attachment.php

Scroll back up to the reply window, click on the insert image button
insertimage.gif

and paste the URL in the address box, click OK and you are done.
Repeat and rinse for the rest of the attachments.
This also negates the five character rule.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Att1.jpg
    Att1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Att2a.jpg
    Att2a.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 997
  • Att3.jpg
    Att3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 997
Last edited:
Huh! Thanks, Quoll! I never knew how people did that! Looks easy enough!

Now, if I could just figure out that neat trick of taking screen shots, I'd be all set to help the next person who asks a question like this!:cool:

That's even easier (although I've been doing it the long way for years :rolleyes: ), the PrintScreen (PrtScn) button on your keyboard copies your screen image to the clipboaed, just paste it into whatever image program you use and edit to suit.

How do I Delete or Edit my story?

Courtesy of Sweet Erika

You follow these instructions for editing the story, replacing EDITED with DELETE or REMOVE. Then, in the note section, ask for the story to be removed from Lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back