Seventh in Line (closed for lmcms)

Malkin gave her a simple nod though the appreciation for all that she had given him, all that they had done together was in his eyes as he gaze upon her. He returned her kiss with as much vigor as she gave it to him and slowly he lowered down onto the furs uncaring of the efforts it would take to clean them.

He wrapped an arm almost possessively over her as if he dared the world to try to take her from him but she was not just some conquest. The rush inside of him was starting to settle as did his blood. He pulled her still shaking body to him and kissed her lips and her forehead and then went back to her lips for a long moment as he felt the mixture of warmth and wetness as he held her on the now drenched furs.

The entire tent reeked of their rutting and would need due cleaning but she was worth every moment it would take him. As his breathing slowed he purred into her hair while his powerful arms held her.

"You are a rare woman indeed Ania Nystorm." He whispered into her as his eyes lids grew heavy and he could feel the toll of the day and their copulation over taking him. He had words to describe her beyond that but part of him knew that he should be patient, well in some regards.
 
Ania basked in his tenderness after such a wild mating. She would have many more marks come morning and she knew her body would be sore and tender inside and out. She could not find it in herself to be regetful for she knew that no matter what the future held she would always belong to this man even if he did cast her aside soon. She had bit him once tonight granted it was deeply but he had bitten her twice and now she would carry his scratch marks down her back.

She hummed happliy as they snuggled together in his furs uncaring that were sticky and drenched in seed and sweat. She was soon fast asleep and safe in his arms for the night.
 
In the morning the cover of sewn together furs stirred slightly from the movement beneath it. Malkin blinked slowly and let out a small yawn as his body awoke. His back ached his legs and groin were sticky and he had more than a few scratches but he didn't mind. They were marks from a wild passionate lover that he would likely never forget.

Looking back he found Ania sleeping peacefully like a little naked angel and it seemed a crime to wake her up but Yorgis and no doubt Cestus would be cross with him if he kept her in bed all day. Leaning down he kissed her near and then neck and grinned at how her arms still held her secure to him and her breasts tickled his chest. He felt he could even feel the delicate thump of her hart as he rolled his head and prepared for the new day ahead of him.

"Good morning." He whispered softly to her.
 
Ania sturred softly feeling his kisses her eyes slowly opened and the smile on her lips bespoke of lazy pleasure and contentment. She returned his whispered greeting, "Good Morning Malkin." She leaned forward softly kissing his lip and winced slightly. Pulling back slighty she wrinkled her nose playfully.

"I would say we are both do for a washing this morning before too many lay eyes on us. Your sticky." She gave a small light laugh of teasing and peace.
 
Malkin nodded and slowly pulled the cover off revealing their naked bodies to the unfortunate cold of the tent. He gave a wince before smiling and roes up from the furs and sought out fresh clothes and his long cloak again.

"We'll have to make sure there is always a creek nearby if we're to continue spending our nights together." He said with keen interest in his eyes as he pulled on some old pants and the long cloak along with some fresh clothes and for after the rinse.

After tugging the cloak around his neck he moved towards the flap and waited for Ania.
 
Ania shivered as the cold air drifted of her warm skin and slowly reluctantly crawled out of the furs and watching him dress as she slowly set about pulling her robes on and gathering her pack before going to meet him at the tent flap. They slowly made their way to the stream. After they were out of ear and eye shot of the other shadows she became playful with him again slowly pumping into him on occasion and smiling up at him. "Will I need to be your dryer or did you finally remember a drying cloth?"
 
Malkin smiled at her. " I brought one just in case you decided to abandon me again." He said simply as they made it to the creak. Removing his cloak and pants he walked forward into the stream of water and dove in naked. The water was cold but the rush instantly felt like a slap to the system.

He would need to figure out their next move today. To attack the port city was still risky but in the morning air and light of the new day he knew a boldness could have it's rewards. Breaking the water he gazed at Ania and wondered if she would wish to join him for the mission. Generally new recruits weren't allowed on a mission till he thought they were ready. He knew she was skilled and Yorgis said she was quite powerful but she had only been training for technically two days. Another item to figure out.

He dove back into the water as he tried to mull over things.
 
Ania breathed deeply of the morning air watching Malkin dive into the water she knew he carried heavy thoughts at this early hour. When he emerged from the water and smiled at her she slowly removed her robes sending a simple refresh spell over them and slowly made her way to the edge blowing out a long breath she encited that the water be warmer for her to ease her tender muscles from their vigorous coupling the night before. Every movement was tender and achy but she loved every moment of but she knew she needed to relax she was do to train with Yorgis again and Cestus had agreed to give her a more formal combat training after the evening meal when he was free of his duties so that she might defend herself with more than magic.

She slipped slowly into the water and deciding to make up for her tricky the day before she swam to Malkin let him share in the warmth of the water. She kissed him without a word before submerging herself and rinsing her body completely including her hair before slowly reemerging her black hair glistening with water and clinging to her scalp and back until it met the water then slowly drifting around her.
 
This woman will be the death of me. Malkin thought with a grin after she kissed him in the water. He already enjoyed the refreshing spell along with the warming spell that she had cast. His orange eyes gleamed at her when she came up from the water. A strong hand reached out to her as he smiled and brushed aside some of the hair covering her beauty as he leaned in again and kissed her on the lips once more before kissing her forehead.

"Rain's coming." Malkin said as his eyes looked up into the muggy looking sky above them before returning back to her. He hoped it was not an omen of things to come. Things were not going great by any margin but he was greatly enjoying the time he spent with Ania and he didn't want it to stop. But storm clouds were gathering and he needed to figure out how the Shadows would navigate through it.
 
Ania smiled up at him when he mentioned the rain she knew they would be heading back tio camp. "Yes we should head back at least we are not so sticky any now." She laughed soft and reached a hand up to caress his cheek before swimming back to shore.
 
Malkin gave her a small smile at the touch. It was hard to think they were the same two beings who had kept a portion of the camp awake through the night as they made their simple gestures and gentle caresses. He looked after her for a moment before getting out of the water. Then after drying off the two headed back into camp.

Descending from the sheer cliff face that formed the rear bulwark for the hidden band or rebels, turncoats, outsiders and killers six men descended using hooks and climbing equipment. Their cloaks were enchanted to continually change with the warm tan rock beneath their gloved hands.

Soreal had been right and their device proved it. Magic wards surrounded the site, it was impressive and clever but it would prove all for not. The men scaling down were members of the Ikatiro, an elite order of assassins based in a Cingarian city in the far north. They were skilled in death, masters of stealth, remorseless killers in their own right. Deadlier still they had the scent of their target now after months of searching and they looked forward to bringing his head back to their masters.

After returning to his command tent Malkin could not help but thank Ania for the spell that had revitalized him. Despite things he felt fresh and renewed and he met the mornings meetings head on. Daliah frowned at him but he had already seen her in Yarkar's arms before meeting her so he felt her anger was defused. He occasionally could feel the want in her eyes but during the meeting she was all business.

"I've decided that we will attack the ports." Malkin announced to Sleven, Daliah and Yorgis. The young captain seemed suprised, Yorgis seemed to take the frown from Daliah and the green haired forest woman seemed to enjoy the thought of the challenge.

"I intent to both cripple the fleet and commerce there as well as acquiring a ship. We will use it to get back to the border and obtain fresh troops. Then using the old roads we will sneak back over with our reinforcements." Malkin said as his hand marked out the positions on the map.

"Now no doubt General Tulah will wish for us to be folded in with the fighting there but I will make every effort to keep us from forming in with the regular forces." He looked around to his captains. "We are the blade in the darkness and not the hammer in the dawn. We answer to man save the King directly so I'm sure we'll be able to handle the good general.
 
Ania was sitting in her normal spot while watching Cestus train his troops Malkin and Yorgis were ina meeting she was glad Cestus didn't have to go she found it facinateing to watch him and his small troop train. She had felt a bit on easy after she and Malkin had come back from their morning bath so she was occationally watching watching her srying bowl as well loong out at the area surround the camp.

She just so happened to look down when she saw a group of trees move unnatrually not sure of what she saw or how close it was to camp she studied it further and realized it wasn't tress it was camilione cloaks and that could only mean enemy and they were almost on the camp. She yelled out "We are about to be attacked." For everyone in her immediate vicinity including Cestus to hear and took off hell for leather to Malkin's tent where the meeting was being held. The whole way she screamed at the top of her lungs warning everyone in ear shot and could hear the attack beging behind her and she came upon Malkin's tent.
 
Cestus heard Ania's greeting and immediately pulled out his blade looking for a threat. He didn't see one as suddenly the mage took off towards the command tent.

"Prepare yourselves." He shouted to his students in a tone where there no room for argument. Turning he was about to rush off to follow Ania when he heard a dull hum and words in the wind. Clouds gathered up ahead and then suddenly he felt the ground rumbling before it opened up. A decrepit hand reached and clawed it's way from the ground. Cestus heard panicked shouts and he bellowed and order to his charges before the first creature's head had made it out of the ground.

"Kill them kill them all for Keltin." He shouted as he moved forward and brought his weapon smashing down against the first undead creature. His students were not so easy to charge into the creatures as dozens rose up against them and throughout the camp.

Foul magic. He thought as he whipped around smashing the pommel of his blade.

---------

Malkin heard a sound coming from somewhere in the camp and he moved aside from his maps. Yorgis bolted up right no longer looking tired from the deliberations of the meeting. Daliah rose and pulled her bow from her shoulder and immediately raced out of the tent with Malkin right behind her.

Outside he saw three men dressed in steely sharp armor. Cloaks that permeated magic fell from their shoulders and each had a dagger in each hand. They didn't attack however and then Malkin heard a rustling up ahead.

He barely had time to side step as a man dropped slashing and stabbing. Malkin's own sword barely managed to get in between them to block the flurry of strikes. His enemy was unnaturally fast and he pressed himself to stay ahead of his strikes.

Daliah shot her arrow forward hitting one of the other three in the shoulder. The man was force back for the moment but others raced in for the kill. Yorgis was out of the tent and raised a hand forward casting a spell. A crimson bolt leapt from his withered old hand and shot forth.hitting one of the assassins in the chest. But as Yorgis watched he saw the bolt be absorbed by the armor.

"It's enchanted!" Yorgis said as Sleven pushed past him to join the fray. The old wizard prepared another spell and was now more than agitated over the attack. The armor might be enchanted but no armor working could resist higher and more powerful spells. Keeping to the tent entrance as the captains fought he prepared a stronger more powerful curse as he heard a loud growling moan spreading throughout the camp.
 
Everything was in chaos it had exploded too suddenly before she could warn them all. She should have been paying more attention. She watched as Yorgis shot a red bolt at one of them and it absorbed it. Enchated she thought as he warned the other of the exact thought. They would all die she knew there was no way Yorgis or she or them compinded could nutralize all the magic surrounding them.

Ania dropped to her knees and prayed to the Goddess for safesty even as she jerked her pack from her back and quickly pulled the drug from her pack she looked up and saw Yorgis looking at her and what she was about to do he nodded but she could see the sadness in his eyes it was either this or they all die. Yorgis knew of her secret forbidden talent and knew she had already told Malkin though Malkin did not know what it ment. Quickly she swallowed down a dangerous about of the herbs.

She felt the energy and magic bound 10 fold inside her then again. She rose to her feet and opened her mouth wide as she shouted and commanded. Slowly shadows began to move. Even the numbers of friend and foe and the multipling the shadow soldiers fought beside the men and women of the Seven Shadows bits of shadow moving and snaking around the magic to neutralize it as the battle raged on. She could feel Yorgis leaned her his strength and magic so that she would not faulter until all her enemys laid at her feet.

In this moment she was not Ania little carefree mage in this moment she was Ania Shadow whisper and she was comanding the shadows the slay her enemy.
 
The shadows moved and although first the human Shadows were terrified they watched as the ghastly apiritions fell on the foul creatures that had risen from the earth. But while the shadows were quite intimidating the creatures were tough and not easy to vanquish. But the soldiers pressed back, banding together in pockets of men, women and steel against their enemies.

Cestus himself smashed down another creature and pratically snarled when a shade killed one of he undead next to him. "That one counts as mine!" He shouted before barreling forward to attack another. He hadn't fought so hard in ages, even during the escape at Daumig.

Everything devolved around Malkin as he continued to fight with his assailant. Around them the moving corpses battled with the shadows. He had only just seen a flash of Ania before she moved to the ground. Then he had not watched her unleash the powerful spell.

He slashed left up and down again battering into the man's defense and trying to work through to his armor. But the man was experienced and had a good mind of his blades and his strengths. He was fast and agile and could distract Malkin with one dagger before stabbing with the other.

The leader of the Shadows ducked as one of hte dagger's flashed out nearly taking his head. There was a tear of material as his tent was slashed through and then he charged and elbow into the man's gut propelling him back.
 
Ania could no longer see the physical world as she drove the shadows on her grey eyes glowed in an unnatural way as her hair raies and swirled around her on an invisible breeze that was not really there at all. Power flowed through her and out of her her body not really hers but a tool to draw power from the magics around her slowly as shadow and shadow fought the enemy she began pulling stealing their magic to help her push the enemy back.

She knew she was vulnerable to attack in her state she would never see it coming. But she scense Yorgis and another guarding her she was sure the enemy had figured out what was going on now and the attack had come to her but still she would not stop she had to save Seven Shadows they were her friends, Cestus, Her family, Yorgis, her love, Malkin, Her country men, all off them. For them she would drain herself dry if she must. On the battle raged and on she pushed the shadows in her command. The enemy's magic was failing as she stole it to fight them.
 
Shades and Shadow fought undead and occasionally one of the mysterious assassins. The battle was in the Shadows favor especially once Ania's spell took root. New recruits and old veterans fought brazenly with their unlikely allies while the command tent remained a intense battle ground with the hum and great feel of magic exuding from Ania and Yorgis as well.

Malkin saw his opening in his enemy and feigned left. The man took the bait and tried to deflect the stab and ready an attack with his dagger. The leader of the Shadows caught the strike with his elbow and then swung his blade under his opponents slashing hard across the man's belly. The sword shredded his armor and his blood spilled freely. The man's face was covered in a helmet and Malkin brought his knee into his wounded stomach and summarily stabbed him in the heart ending the melee once and for all.

The assassins around him fell soon after as the captains were able to aide one another. He kept one eye on Ania hoping she would be alright as she kept the spell running. "Yorgis the undead are falling we have to stop the spell before anything happens to her."

"Yorgis turned to his commander and shook his head as he blasted another undead while shadows fought a thicket of them not far from Ania. Malkin glared at him as he cut the head clean off one of the creatures while an assassin removed Sleven's arm at the wrist. The captain howled in pain before Daliah's bow made a sharp thung and an arrow caught the man in the slit of his armored helm.

Shouts of victory rose up around them as the final undead were rounded up and defeated and then Malkin raced forward to Ania's position.
 
Ania felt the last of the enemy fall but still she did not stop she the shadows she commanded to clean the earth of the putried magic left behind so the soil would be pure once more. It didn't take long with as many shadows as she had called and then she had to sendthe shadows back to rest in their natural spot the whole time her voice calling and commanding now sending the shadows back to nature. Sending the Shadows back to ease took almost as much energy and power as calling them and never before had she called so many at one time. As the last shadow returned to rest her eyes dimmed and her hair began drifting down as if no longer caught in a breeze. As her hair feel so to did she without ever seeing the physcial world before her as she returned to her body she felt her heart skip a beat and the slow farther than it had before. Then she felt no more as the darkness took her unsure if it would return her.
 
Malkin watched as Ania seemed to set her shadows to the task. Then suddenly as mysteriously as it had begun it was over and suddenly he fouhd himself catching her again as she fell. She seemed so small in his arms and when she didn't wake up an hour later or even two he became fearful. He called out her name even after Yorgis told him it would be a while before she would rise. Malkin felt one small tear trickle down his cheek before he grunted and turned away. He braked out swift orders to Daliah to track down any other attackers.

Yorgis was soon dispatched after to make sure that Sleven would survive and others were ordered at to prepare the camp for movement. If by the Gods' will they didn't have a single enemy left to report their location than Malkin would be eternally grateful but he couldn't risk it. And so they prepared to move out even as they treated their wounded even besides Ania.

About four days later Malkin was in visiting Yorgis' tent. The old wizard stood close to him as he looked over Ania. The dark haired prince breathed slowly as he looked over his lover and he wished above all else that she would show a sign any sign that she would be ok. Yorgis continually said that he must have faith but with Cestus still fighting an infection from one of the assassin's poisoned blades he was having a problem keeping up his own moral.

Occasionally he could still hear even his friends pained cries when he just walking about and he prayed the Gods would spare him. Leaning over the bed they had put Ania in he leaned over her and rest his arm on hers hoping she would wake up.
 
Ania knew the darkness had held her for a very long time and as peaceful as it was she knew she needed to return she was needed else where. She struggled for what felt like ages before she could finally open her grey eyes even smallest bit and when she did she found herself looking at the bent head of her lover. He looked forlorn and lost. Moving her eyes around she found Yorgis. She tried to open her mouth to speak but no words came and grin spread across Yorgis' face and his voice sounded full of relief and pleasure.

"Look she wakes her child have a sip of water." He said bringing a goblet forward.
 
Malkin was grateful to see Ania stirr and move. Soon enough Yorgis gave her a canteen to drink from and then after he let her drink up some of the water he leaned in pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"After you fell I thought...I didn't know that you would wake again." He said softly almost at a whisper.

"She's tougher than she looks." Said Daliah who hung off to the side. Issues between them aside she was glad to see the mage was still amongst the living. Without her spell they would have had a very difficult time during the attack.
 
Ania weakly lifted her arms to hold Malkin. "Shhhh I'm okay." She managed to croak out even though she had some water her voice was hoarse from lack of use for the last 4 days. Looking over his shoulder she gave Daliah a weak but friendly smile.

Her body began becoming lax again "Need go back sleep. Won't leave you til you ready." She whispered softly so only Malkin could hear her before she let the darkness reclaim her.
 
Even thoguh it was for only a few moments feeling her arms drape around him made part of the weight on Malkin's shoulders melt away. With Cestus still suffering from the poisoning and Slevan's left arm severed at the rest along with countless other deaths and injuries morale was lower than low.

He turned and rested a hand on Yorgis shoulder giving his one time mentor a nod before moving out of the tent leaving the beautiful mage to her rest. He turned to Daliah as the two of them looked out amongst the camp. It was dark out in their new position and Malkin found he missed having the cliff wall at their back.

Their site now was at the edge of a large forest in the middle of country. They were still en route to the port city for the attack but they had decided on going the longer route to evade search parties. They would pause here for a day or two while they continued to lick their wounds and allow others to heal.

He turned to Daliah. "Go check the scouts and perimeter once more. If we are to hunker down here we must know every route in and out of the area." Daliah nodded to him and moved off. She'd been styling her hair up in a bun of late and now sported a new jagged cut on her left arm from the attack though thankfully it had not been one of the poisoned blades that had touched so many others during the attack. Once she was gone he went to check with Cestus and Sleven and check in on Simon as well who was being a short term replacement as a captain with two of them injured. These were some of the darkest moments Malkin had walked through as the leader of the movement and he wanted to strike back, put the enemy on the run and break their legs out from under them.
 
It was going on two days since Ania woke that one time long enough to sip water and hug Malkin. She had not awoken since. She came to slowly feeling disturbed by something but she wasn't sure what. This time when she woke it was Yorgis who had his head bowed over her. Her limbs still felt laid down and she knew part of her weakness was from the lack of water and food while she had been lost to the world.

"Water, bread?" She asked in a weak voice and Yorgis' head came up and he smiled softly at her.

"Of course my child it will do you good to get something in your system." He replied and moved rather quickly for a man his age to bring her water and bread. She was too weak to bring it to her own mouth so Yorgis fed her small bits at a time that would be easy for her to swallow. Aster a few minutes she called for a break in eating so her body could accept what it had been given thus far.

"Tell me Yorgis how bad was the damage to the group." Her voice was still rough but was sounding a bit smoother now that she had, had some water to dampen her throat. He told her of the dead and injured and the loss of morale. "It's my fault we were so taken by suprise if I.... if I had paid closer attention instead of watching Cestus train I could have warned everyone we could have been ready. Tell Malkin sorry." She said tears streaming down her cheeks.

She turned her head away from him so he would not have to see her cry and she heard a rustling at the entrance to the tent she was in.
 
Yorgis shook his head ignoring Malkin's entrance.

"Sweet child that was not your responsibility alone. We were careless. Did not expect that they would eventually send another magic user after us and that they had agents capable of turning our defense into an avenue of attack." He gave her a small smile as he spoke and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Ten were killed and many more injured. Cestus was hit by one of the assassin's weapons and has been suffering from some poison." I've worked every night to keep it contained but it is painful and threatens to reduce him without proper vigilance." Yorgis said resting a hand on her shoulder.

"But we all know how tough Cestus is and I have every faith that if anyone can pull through it will be him." Yorgis said and pinched her shoulder before moving away as Malkin approached.

The leader of the Shadows looked a bit grimmer than last she woke up and picked up a cup of water to help her heal. The gruff around his chin was more pronounced now, not a fall beard but definitely a large dark black growth of hair across his jaw and under his nose. He would need to shave but of late had been kept busy by many things.
 
Back
Top