Soldier Boy

EmpressJosephine

Mistress of Role-Plays
Joined
Aug 9, 2014
Posts
14,652
attachment.php



Even a pacifist should admire the military virtues. — John Keegan


Enlisting:


ShyMaleSub as Staff Sergeant Marcus Chambers,

&

EmpressJosephine as Professor Josephine Grainger.





 

Attachments

  • Title01a.jpg
    Title01a.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
As Advertised

CHAPTER ONE: MARKETING
As Advertised





Josephine Grainger, Ph.D., M.S., B.B.A., spoke from the lecture hall's stage.

attachment.php


“Marketing, first and foremost, is about deception.”

Finally, the class had reached a topic for which she had some passion. As the newest Assistant Professor in the Business Administration school of the University of Wisconsin — La Crosse, her dean had loaned her to the Economics Department when none of its own professors wanted to teach this introductory course, Microeconomics and Public Policy, a requirement for all Business majors and prerequisite for many Business school classes. Josephine had written her dissertation on deceptive marketing practices, and planned to have fun emphasizing this relatively minor topic in the mandated syllabus.

Of course, to have that fun, she would need some response from the class to begin a debate. That’s why she began the lecture with what she hoped some students would consider a controversial position. She had momentarily toyed with saying that all marketing involved deception, but even she did not believe that. Indeed, Josephine rejected almost all absolutes.

She looked around the hall. Many students, mostly in the front, automatically and uncritically wrote or typed what she had said into their notes. A slightly greater number, mostly in the back, ignored her completely, seeming more interested in examining or responding to whatever text or social media post their phone displayed. Her gaze went to the middle rows, from where the infrequent questions and even rarer challenges to what she said usually came.

There she spotted Marcus Chambers. Older than most of his classmates, she did not particularly like having him in her class. A soldier of some kind, as his ridiculously short hair practically advertised, the military had sent him here to get a business management degree. Still, he did start more class discussions than anyone else, even if he usually spouted some paternalist Eurocentric capitalist crap.

She purposely looked away from him and scanned the rest of the students as she added a different discussion starter than she originally intended. “Does anyone want to give me an example of deceptive advertising they have seen?”






 

Attachments

  • P0001a.jpg
    P0001a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top