Best sentence you've ever heard?

King Silas: War, it asks the heart to freeze at room temperature (Kings)

King Silas [sees David looking at his daughter]: Ah, half my kingdom it is (Kings)

Be the lamb, or be the knife; try to be both, youll end up slaughtering yourself. (kings)

You'd rather die than be misperceived? Careful, David; you never wanna be *too* good. (Kings)

Anaïs Nin: “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”

You'd rather die than be misperceived? Careful, David; you never wanna be *too* good. (Kings)

That's from the TV show, right? I loved that show. Too bad it was too smart to gain viewership. People hate shows that make them think.

Doctor Rumack: "Can you fly this plane and land it?"

Ted Stryker: "Surely you can't be serious?"

Doctor Rumack: "I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley."

Airplane! 1980

"These people need to be brought to a hospital!"

"Doctor what is it?"

"Its a big building with patients and...."

One of my favorite movies of all time.

That's from the TV show, right? I loved that show. Too bad it was too smart to gain viewership. People hate shows that make them think.

YES YES YES YES, to everything you just said.

Okay, Ive been looking for the Reverend Samuel quote from the banquet in the first episode . It's something like.

"What is this a man hiding at the bar is a man that doesn't want to be at the party."

"I don't know, I guess I feel more comfortable at the front." David says in response.

Samuel says "Look at this, your at a banquet in your name drinking a single malt god only takes out but once a year." he takes David's chin in hand or something, rotating it across the room. "Look at all these women that are all clamoring for your attention, you want the one in red. Drink up your nights aren't always going to be this easy."

YES YES YES YES, to everything you just said.

Okay, Ive been looking for the Reverend Samuel quote from the banquet in the first episode . It's something like.

"What is this a man hiding at the bar is a man that doesn't want to be at the party."

"I don't know, I guess I feel more comfortable at the front." David says in response.

Samuel says "Look at this, your at a banquet in your name drinking a single malt god only takes out but once a year." he takes David's chin in hand or something, rotating it across the room. "Look at all these women that are all clamoring for your attention, you want the one in red. Drink up your nights aren't always going to be this easy."

It was so well cast! I'd watch anything with Ian McShane in it, and Eamonn Walker was amazing as well.

I love the scene in the kitchen where King Silas was answering the question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. It just made sense! I can't find it now ...

It was so well cast! I'd watch anything with Ian McShane in it, and Eamonn Walker was amazing as well.

I love the scene in the kitchen where King Silas was answering the question of what came first, the chicken or the egg. It just made sense! I can't find it now ...

I have the First episode on my Ipad but can't watch it now, to translate.

-My favorite is the one I shared above along with what happens after. When Michelle Benjamin walks in and catches Davis playing the Piano.

Then they have a banter about

"I didn't peg you for a Piano player."

"And i didn't peg you for a snitch."

“Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you. -Charlie Brown to Snoopy”

"I am big, it's the pictures that got small."

"All right, Mr. DeMille. I'm ready for my close-up."

'Norma Desmond' (Gloria Swanson) Sunset Boulevard 1950

“Look,” whispered Chuck, and George lifted his eyes to heaven. (There is always a last time for everything.)

Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

The Nine Billion Names of God
Arthur C. Clarke

Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

THE WIZARD OF OZ

Back