Old 04-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #66676
Dianthus
Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary_manque View Post
Got the same problem here. Blame it on the Icelandic volcano.
Same problem for me too. I thought it was a full moon or the servers again.

Good evening, gentlemen.

If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

How well do you know me? Click here and tell me what you see.

My Stories

Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #66677
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

posiebump

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 04-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #66678
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Well, we got the microwave and the cupboard out. The kitchen looks really odd, now but tomorrow HM will go order the new stove hood. By next weekend things should be back to normal . . . for a given value of 'normal', of course.

My stories

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 04-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #66679
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Got the same problem here. Blame it on the Icelandic volcano.
I knew it!

That thing's a booger allrighty. I'd take the train if I was traveling in the UK and Europe.

Never be led astray into the paths of virtue.

Artists are misunderstood. Not by people, but by themselves.

Life is but active anguish in a context of flux.

"Popularity is not whether people like you, it's how many people would like you to like them." Anon.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." Ambrose Bierce

"When my ugly ol' car won't climb the hill, I'll write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill." 'Heavy Fuel' Dire Straits

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun ..." 'Only the Good Die Young' Billy Joel

TE's stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #66680
cc'skittykat
4ever Angry Smurf's Girl

Quote:
A med retirement would make you and hubby a lot more mobile. Follow the jobs sort of thing?
true.

I still have a lot of pondering to do on that one.
Playgrounder and Proud of it!!! #131

TK Anonymous member #35

You get a lot farther if you talk to me on the boards before you PM me...

Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #66681
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc'skittykat View Post
true.

I still have a lot of pondering to do on that one.
And the latest version of the GI Bill. That's something I'm going to investigate myself. If Uncle is willing to pay for my MFA, who am I to refuse?

My stories

Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #66682
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianthus View Post
Same problem for me too. I thought it was a full moon or the servers again.

Good evening, gentlemen.
Good evening Di.

How are you doing tonight?

"Popularity is not whether people like you, it's how many people would like you to like them." Anon.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain (Samuel L. Clemens)

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." Ambrose Bierce

"When my ugly ol' car won't climb the hill, I'll write a suicide note on a hundred dollar bill." 'Heavy Fuel' Dire Straits

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun ..." 'Only the Good Die Young' Billy Joel

Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 PM   #66683
Dianthus
Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE999 View Post
Good evening Di.

How are you doing tonight?
Sorry, Tom...

I slipped away to order a new sewing machine...50 stitches, 3 automatic buttonholes, zipper foot, quilt foot and extension table...I'm just drooling.

My Stories

Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #66684
cc'skittykat
4ever Angry Smurf's Girl

Quote:
And the latest version of the GI Bill. That's something I'm going to investigate myself. If Uncle is willing to pay for my MFA, who am I to refuse?
It is a good deal. Especially with the BAH attached to it.

TK Anonymous member #35

Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #66685
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

I've eaten quite a bit of Viet Nam era GI Bill but since I finished my MA in '00 I haven't been paying attention. Now that I'm fully retired it must be time to go visit a VA counselor. Never been one to turn down free money . . .

My stories

Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #66686
cc'skittykat
4ever Angry Smurf's Girl

Quote:
I've eaten quite a bit of Viet Nam era GI Bill but since I finished my MA in '00 I haven't been paying attention. Now that I'm fully retired it must be time to go visit a VA counselor. Never been one to turn down free money . . .
so, how much post 9/11 AD time do you have? It does make a big difference.

TK Anonymous member #35

Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #66687
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Quote:
so, how much post 9/11 AD time do you have? It does make a big difference.
Not a second. I was retired in '99. And I'd like to point out that I 'was retired'. I got this letter that essentially said, "Well, Top, it's been fun but the ride is over." After that it gets funny.

I was a staff E-8 who was getting activated four times a year. This made a mess of my classroom so I went looking for a First Sergeant position. I'd never wanted one but I figured that since I only had about nine months left I could manage. I found a unit that was going to be de-activated in September. Since I was due to retire in October that was perfect. We'd close down the joint and the last drill I'd lock the doors, turn off the lights, throw the keys into the room, shut the door and go home. Didn't work out like that.

What happened was that I still was due to retire in October when they moved the deactivation date up to March. Now there's the cute little law floating around that if you have more than 18 years in and the gov. closes your unit they are required to find you a slot within 50 miles or buy you out. The only slot available in my primary or secondary MOS's was 120 miles north so they had to buy me out. FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! It was paid out to me over the next five years. Meanwhile, I got my VA Comp raised to 40% from 10%. With the combination of the VA Comp and the annual check from the golden handshake, I was getting paid more to stay home than I got from drilling. How do things like this get into law?

My stories

Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #66688
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Not a second. I was retired in '99. And I'd like to point out that I 'was retired'. I got this letter that essentially said, "Well, Top, it's been fun but the ride is over." After that it gets funny.

I was a staff E-8 who was getting activated four times a year. This made a mess of my classroom so I went looking for a First Sergeant position. I'd never wanted one but I figured that since I only had about nine months left I could manage. I found a unit that was going to be de-activated in September. Since I was due to retire in October that was perfect. We'd close down the joint and the last drill I'd lock the doors, turn off the lights, throw the keys into the room, shut the door and go home. Didn't work out like that.

What happened was that I still was due to retire in October when they moved the deactivation date up to March. Now there's the cute little law floating around that if you have more than 18 years in and the gov. closes your unit they are required to find you a slot within 50 miles or buy you out. The only slot available in my primary or secondary MOS's was 120 miles north so they had to buy me out. FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! It was paid out to me over the next five years. Meanwhile, I got my VA Comp raised to 40% from 10%. With the combination of the VA Comp and the annual check from the golden handshake, I was getting paid more to stay home than I got from drilling. How do things like this get into law?
Nothin's too good for our service personnel...I went to grad school on the 'Nam GI Bill 'cause I was in when it went down...it also made me eligible for VA benefits...not bad for a 4 yr hitch.

'All gave some, some gave all.'

Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #66689
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Hmmm . . . Typical quiet Friday. I think I'll go read. See you tomorrow.

My stories

Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #66690
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Hmmm . . . Typical quiet Friday. I think I'll go read. See you tomorrow.
Adiós Bear. I think I'll work on a story for a while. Hasta la vista y'all.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #66691
cc'skittykat
4ever Angry Smurf's Girl

Quote:

Its crazy, but it happens.

Unfortunately, you probably wont be elligible for the new GI bill. It is based on the length of AD time post 9/11. With pro-rating for less than 3 years.

TK Anonymous member #35

Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #66692
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Its crazy, but it happens.

Unfortunately, you probably wont be elligible for the new GI bill. It is based on the length of AD time post 9/11. With pro-rating for less than 3 years.
Oh. No worries, then. It isn't like I have a craving need for additional cash, I'll just take whatever may be available and continue to march. I sure don't deserve any more than I've gotten. I never really had a military career, after all. It was more a military hobby that the government was kind enough to pay me for. How much fun can a bear have, anyway?

My stories

Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #66693
UltimateSwitch
The First and Foremost

Wow you are one of those rare lucky bastards we all here about...good for you LOL

Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #66694
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Oh Bear, would that UK Veterans were as well treated.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #66695
Dianthus
Belle

Happy Saturday, Naked People.

My Stories

Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #66696
TE999
How 'bout a kiss, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianthus View Post
Happy Saturday, Naked People.
Happy Saturday to you too.

This place has certainly been dead lately.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #66697
Dianthus
Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE999 View Post
Happy Saturday to you too.

This place has certainly been dead lately.
Tom!

Wanna pick something from the jukebox?

And, yeah, it's been quiet...too quiet. It's like people have other things to do.

My Stories

Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #66698
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

True but you know that these periods happen. After a while folks will start to drift back and then it will be like the old days. And after that they will get busy and we'll be complaining about how lonely we are. Cycles of porn, sort of thing.

Hey Tom, what was for dinner? I'm making a batch of over-the-top cock-a-leekie soup. Tomorrow, though, I will put on the style.

My stories

Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #66699
Tricialen
Literotica Guru

Hello Nakeds...

My heart belongs to the me...

Tell me your secret dreams ...we will meet only in our dreams...

Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #66700
voluptuary_manque
Literotica Guru

Shhhh . . .

There's nobody else here but the elves and the maidens. If we keep real quiet we can be really naughty and no one will know.

My stories

Closed Thread