What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had one of those happy, flowery conversations that's going to keep me all floaty and contented all day. :D

That, and I got a night of Borderlands 2 set up for tonight, my first time with the full four players. It'll be good to dust Zer0 off for a while, haven't been playing much since X-com came out. ;)

Did you get on you knees or hide between a door frame? If not, then feel lucky you have something exciting to smile about. :)

My guy was telling me about how quakes are out there where you are (he lived there for 20 years). A 4.5 is little more than a semi going by to him!
:rolleyes:

We got the apartment if we want it! Well, there are still a few issues, but she's not showing it to anyone anymore until we confirm our decision on Saturday.

On Frida he has a second job interview at a place that called him back only 1,5 hours after he had sent in his application and resume, so they're really interested. And if they're fine with him starting either in mid December or in January, we'll take the apartment.

The apartment's nice and the location is just perfect - only 150m to a bus/tram stop, about 250m to another, 5-10min walk to his work (if he gets the position on Friday) and about 15min bus/tram ride to the center. We already met a couple of the neighbors there and they seemed really nice. There are flowers in the staircase, one of the neighbors said that in December there'll be a Christmas tree there, too, because one old lady puts one in the hallway every year. There are a lot of trees behind the house, grass and some blackcurrant bushes, and a patio with a communal barbecue and table and chairs.

The apartment's just amzing. We've already started to plan how to arrange the furniture there. I'm trying to pace myself, in case he doesn't get the job or that we just for some other reason can't take the apartment, but it's really, really hard. :)

I Cleaned out and set up my china cabinate. I also washed the windows and sills, took down the chandelier, washed the individual pieces, washed the bulbs, reset the table and dusted the corners.

It neede to be done and I won't have to do it again until next year. Yay!

Binders full of women. :D :D :D

For some reason, my mind's eye just dreams up a couple of soccer teams full of hot bois... :devil: :rolleyes:

For some reason, my mind's eye just dreams up a couple of soccer teams full of hot bois... :devil: :rolleyes:

LOL... actually my mind thought... wait, Mitt's into bondage?... and started picturing all sorts of women in armbinders, etc.

I Cleaned out and set up my china cabinate. I also washed the windows and sills, took down the chandelier, washed the individual pieces, washed the bulbs, reset the table and dusted the corners.

It neede to be done and I won't have to do it again until next year. Yay!

Holy moley! You're my new idol!
:D

One of our (five) foster kittens got a new forever home tonight! Little Merida, sibling of Mist and Max, got adopted by a nurse from the local hospital. He currently has one older cat who's pretty social, and Merida has shown her ability to adapt to and befriend other animals, and she curled up on his chest and went to sleep, so he picked her even though one of the other kittens had been his initial choice (before meeting any of them).

One down, at least two to go before we can take any more in. :)

You are so not the only one to think that! :D

I first read that quote out of context and was all like "wait, Mitt's noticed the queer gals?" ;)

We got the apartment if we want it! Well, there are still a few issues, but she's not showing it to anyone anymore until we confirm our decision on Saturday.

On Frida he has a second job interview at a place that called him back only 1,5 hours after he had sent in his application and resume, so they're really interested. And if they're fine with him starting either in mid December or in January, we'll take the apartment.

The apartment's nice and the location is just perfect - only 150m to a bus/tram stop, about 250m to another, 5-10min walk to his work (if he gets the position on Friday) and about 15min bus/tram ride to the center. We already met a couple of the neighbors there and they seemed really nice. There are flowers in the staircase, one of the neighbors said that in December there'll be a Christmas tree there, too, because one old lady puts one in the hallway every year. There are a lot of trees behind the house, grass and some blackcurrant bushes, and a patio with a communal barbecue and table and chairs.

The apartment's just amzing. We've already started to plan how to arrange the furniture there. I'm trying to pace myself, in case he doesn't get the job or that we just for some other reason can't take the apartment, but it's really, really hard. :)

It was waiting for you all along.

:)

I startled a squirrel foraging. If I was a true predator it would have been dead. I think squirrels can make that universally translated.. Oh shit.. pose. I said Boo and it scampered away.

I startled a squirrel foraging. If I was a true predator it would have been dead. I think squirrels can make that universally translated.. Oh shit.. pose. I said Boo and it scampered away.
*I* was in that universally translated "Oh, shit" pose last night. I'd stepped out the kitchen door onto the porch for a quick smoke; as I was standing there reading my book, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and a skunk walked right up to the bottom step to the porch. "Oh, shit," is right. The sucker was big enough that a standard-sized Walmart plastic bag wouldn't have completely covered his body.

He moved up onto the lowest step, only 2.5" or so up from the ground, hesitated, then to the second (normal height) step, hesitated again, and onto the surface of the porch itself. He's now less than four feet from my feet. I'm terrified. I've had dogs sprayed, and that was gawd/ess-awful. If I were to be sprayed, I think I'd be sleeping (and eating, working, etc.) in the uninsulated, unheated storage/garden shed for a few weeks... alone.

I knew better than to move *toward* him, and there's nowhere to move *away* from him, unless I want to try to instantaneously vault over the porch railing and transport myself a good 50 feet into the yard, so I quietly said, "Ummm... go away, please." His head rose toward me (skunks don't have good vision), his tail rose, and my pulse rate probably doubled. After a moment of squinting in my direction, he turned around, waddled back down the stairs and away, and I stopped clenching my buttcheeks quite so tight.

Yeah, I'm smilin'. I *don't* smell like skunk, and I don't have to live in the shed for a few cold-ass weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back