Movies you haven't seen, but think you should.

The book is on my to read list, but I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
 
Everyone says I should see Titantic, but I know the boat sinks. Why should I watch it?
 
The Godfather Parts I and II are glorious films. So much insight into how easily good intentions can turn to darkness - about how one kind of strength becomes another kind of weakness - about how men betray women by being true to themselves. and vice versa.

They are about mob stories in the same way that Casablanca is about a bar.

My own missed films?

There Will Be Blood. Many more, I'm sure, but that springs to mind.

Ironic? Telling? Or both and more? ;)
 
The new mister Rogers film. I know a few people in it and am interested to see how they turned out.
I haven't seen it because I am too busy, not all that well and its supposed to be a tear jerker.
I will wait until things are more settled.
 
The Help
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Any os the Shades of Grey (I could use a laugh)
 
The year I turned 40, I made it a point to watch 40 films I had never seen, but wanted to or felt I needed to. Movies like The Godfather, which has contributed so many pop culture references, classics like From Here to Eternity. You get the picture. I should do it again for my next milestone birthday.

One of my favorites from that project was The Best Years of Our Lives, about three WW2 soldiers coming home to the States after the war. Very moving. One of the soldiers was played by a real-life veteran (Harold Russell) who had lost both hands in the war. That brought a level of realism I hadn't expected. Bonus fact: he won the Academy Award for best supporting actor.
 
I haven't seen the third Nolan Batman film. I think at that point I was just Nolan-ed out.
 
Throne of Blood, A Thousand Acres, and other stuff based on Shakespeare but without the wordplay that makes no sense centuries later.
 
Back
Top