Is this the coat closet for the GB?

What a weird year. We had beautiful, warm Spring days in February. March was the coldest month of the year. Nature trolled us on April 1 with snow.


How strange, to board on jet in February, on a warm and sunny February day, and arrive in California or Florida, and not have a temperature change.Yes, the Frog Pond was shut down, again, because all of the ice in the rink was melting.

Formerly, March was windy and a bit rainy. April is when people had the chance to start their tans, between light rain showers. Now, April is when people worry their town will be visited by the tornado fairy.
 
The Red Sox had their opening game. It was a pleasant day, bookended by snow before, and a raw, cold rainy day following.

A news channel's weather witness said "put the layers, back on."
 
if i had a coat, i'd hang it.

everyone laments, because it is not what they want or had. i'm still calling you fuckers. h8ers gonna h8. i will leave some bags here as well. i post where i feel like it, and always have. it's never been for or about you. though i keep coming back to you.
 
ah, neci

:kiss:

hang your hat
hang your cloak
hang your cape


what would a cloak room be, without notes ?

:heart:

It may be different, but it is still the GB

Thanks to you, I noticed that I had locations reversed. E.M.S. was in Harvard Square. That expansion was a mistake. I have conveniently forgotten they are not there, anymore. Because, it mars my mental map.

I switched to letting My Ogre Husband order things for me. Now, I do not have an accurate mental map of where the brick and mortar stores, are.

My brain is filled to overflowing. Things are falling out of my ears.


April 12, 2017


Mary Anderson, who, with her husband, founded the mountaineering importer in 1938 that became REI and helped it grow into the nation’s largest consumer cooperative without betraying its founding principles, died March 27 in the Puget Sound region of Washington state. She was 107.

An REI spokesman confirmed her death.

:rose:

Shortly after Mrs. Anderson’s 100th birthday in 2009, the REI Foundation, a nonprofit organization supported by the company, announced a grant in her name to encourage young people to engage with nature and exploration.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/o...ve-rei-dies/bAo6OMxlJMfI5iusB9gV4J/story.html
 
thør, your question led me to taking a long look at what has been happening to Harvard Square. The Tasty and the Wordsworth bookstore went missing, long, ago. Will be lucky if the skyline does not go missing, soon.


April 11, 2017

Parent company Eastern Outfitters is seeking to close 48 Bob’s and EMS stores through a bankruptcy proceeding

Eastern Mountain Sports:

Massachusetts

Boston, Lanesborough, Lynnfield, Northborough

(more states at link)


https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...ected-close/fq8UpvJ7feo95ZqR1HdQ7O/story.html
 
Quoting the weather announcer-

"...everyone was wearing shorts, T shirts, and flip flops. Time to put them back in the closet."

The day before Marathon Day, summer dresses, and the skimpiest of summer wear, were on display. Women were out jogging in sports bras and Lulumon type running tights. (If underwear can clearly be seen, through the fabric...) People were stretched out on the newly renovated lawn on Boston Common, sunbathing.(Various states of undress.)

The shoe stores are loaded up with an astonishing amount of platform sandals.
 
Marathon day has come and gone. Thinking that the people that participated, would be recuperating. Bad tempers, much grousing about everything. It was cool weather, constant drizzle, and a cold wind, today. I cannot blame them. If I were robbed of expected ice time, I would not be all that happy about it.

But, still, it reminds me of Californians that are experiencing colder than usual temps, or rain.

Yeeesh. It is weather.


:rolleyes:

(I put on my winter gear. Lighter layers. The police on street duty had gloves on, too. I had cashmere liners inside my sport gloves.)
 
April 25, 2017

Ice Storm Warnings and a Winter Weather Advisory have been issued for the North Shore due to cold Canada air clashing with humid and mild air from the south. Some areas have the potential for quarter-inch of ice.


http://www.kare11.com/weather/northern-mn-set-for-april-snow-ice/434138585


April 26, 2017

SNOW, ICE CLOSE SCHOOLS IN MINNESOTA

Ice and snow has closed schools in and around Duluth Wednesday, while a steady, cold rain falls in the Twin Cities.


National Weather Service expects up to 5 inches of snow along a line from Walker east to Silver Bay on the Lake Superior shore and on the Iron Range.


For the rest of the week, according to the weather service, temperatures are expected to stay below normal and possibly dip below freezing Thursday night into Friday in some parts of the metro.

http://www.startribune.com/ice-and-...ols-twin-cities-gets-chilling-rain/420479513/

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=mpx&wwa=all

I am not laughing. The Canadian border, and the Great Lakes are not all that far, away. I am on the coastline. I still remember the ice storms. I am still left wondering about the shifting Gulf Stream.

Boston

Saturday, bathing suit
Sunday, wear a coat
 
The air might have been warm, but the ocean is still cold.

42f

The weatherman said "summah stunnah."

86f ? 84f?

11:40 at night, it dropped to 68f.
 
humid all morning. i turned on the fans.

finally the front passed through.

storms severe.

scattered.
 
I'm guessing that the snow piles will be gone from my yard by next wednesday-ish.
 
Western MA and up ,over the Northern border are still getting near freezing temps, at night. The Great Lakes are sending more. But, not to Boston.

I wish that I could wear a veil. The pollen has caused my allergy to act up to the point, that I am losing my balance. Pressure in my ears. Not day drinking.

;)
 
Was it Lake Effect snow, that hit Vermont, and the Berkshires, this past week?

I was not sure, of what I was hearing. The weather announcer quickly moved on, to May snow storms of the past. But, today I confirmed that there was fresh snow. The ski resorts seemed to be pleased with the bonus.

Boston weather reports made special efforts, to make assurances that snow would not be a problem. It would have been an unusual Red Sox game, if it had decided to snow. As it is, the Red Sox do not seem to be pleased about the chilly, and wet day.
 
May 15, 2017

The rain that fell in Southern New Hampshire over the weekend turned into 33 inches of snow on Mount Washington, a record total.

The Mount Washington Weather Observatory recorded 38 hours of continuous snowfall over the weekend totaling 33.3 inches of snow.

The storm set records for the largest snowstorm ever in May on the highest mountain in the northeast, and the most accumulation in a 24-hour period in May with 22.9 inches.

All the snow forced the closure of the Mount Washington Auto Road. Crews planned to reassess whether the road can open Monday afternoon.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/Mount-Washington-Auto-Road-closes-after-snowfall-9997949

Times are hard, people are struggling to make ends meet

A proposal to build a luxury hotel a mile from the summit of New Hampshire's Mount Washington has environmentalists and hiking groups crying foul, complaining it would damage the fragile alpine ecology and destroy the scenic views.

The 25,000-square-foot hotel is being proposed by the owners of a historic cog railway that climbs up the mountain, the highest peak in the Northeast. Located at an elevation of 5,600 feet on land abutting the railway, the 35-room hotel would be open from late April through November. It could be ready by July 3, 2019, to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Mount Washington Cog Railway.


http://www1.nh1.com/news/environmen...ount-washington-would-cause-damage-ruin-view/
 
My winter coat stayed in the cloakroom. Yesterday was gifted with Summer's kiss. How lovely, to feel the breeze that moves air that is above 50f. Today, passion's heat, and moisture laden breath. 90f,plus.

I need a fine gown of linen, a wide brimmed Southern belle's bonnet, and a delicate parasol, to play the part.
 
Is there such a thing as Lulumon dresses? The fabric is as thin, as the tights. The wind still lifts the fabric, as it would with any dress. The young women seem to like them. But, they were clutching a hem with one hand. We were due for a down pour. Drenched, there would have been nothing left to the imagination. Cannot blame them, for it has been a chilly week, mostly a wet chilly month. I wore a denim skirt down to my ankles. The clouds were majestic, today.
 
Back
Top