What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YK talking on the phone with her best work friend about our prep and packing for tomorrow's trip up to the back of beyond of BFE for my last week of radiation treatments.

Friend: Make sure he packs his computer up this time, k? ALL of it?
YK: Yuppers...
Me: <Groan>

He forgot his fan this time. :p At least he was online.

I'm home to stay for multiple weeks, at the least. No more weekly pilgrimages to the shrine of zappage...

After buying a package of both in the store, I later found out that Pepitas are the same as Pumpkin seeds only without the shells. The Pepita package didn't mention anything about it being unshelled Pumpkin seeds, so I was surprised when I discovered that I had bought the same seeds twice.

So did you ever get to see the man behind the curtain? Welcome back, friend.
I got to see the men - and women - behind the curtain wall (6" of concrete and rebar all around) every day. Great folks.

This is very similar to the machine they stuck my head in each day.

I kept meaning to take a picture of the actual machine they used on me, but kept forgetting. I think there's something in the radiation that makes you not want to take pictures...

Thanks. I'm glad to be back.

I kept meaning to take a picture of the actual machine they used on me, but kept forgetting. I think there's something in the radiation that makes you not want to take pictures...

Radiation tends to null any film or electronic device. It would have to be heavily shielded; physically or electromagnetically, otherwise.

I guess the fence wasn't tall enough to keep you in, eh?

There is NO fence high enough! :D

Where ya'' going, Canadien Waldo, eh?
:D

LOL! To the west coast of Vancouver Island, Ucluelet, for 2 1/2 months. We've lived there before and loved it (for the summer). A job opportunity fell in our laps so...off we go...in a week! :)

This is Ukee...

30.Ucluelet.Barkley.Sound.1024.jpg

LOL! To the west coast of Vancouver Island, Ucluelet, for 2 1/2 months. We've lived there before and loved it (for the summer). A job opportunity fell in our laps so...off we go...in a week! :)

This is Ukee...

oh wow! Can I stowaway in your luggage?

This is Ukee...

Awesome. :D

One of my bestest friends from work lives on the *east* coast of Vancouver Island. So it must be a pretty cool place if both of y'all are gonna be in that neck of the woods. :p

oh wow! Can I stowaway in your luggage?

If you like salmon, sure!

Meh...I don't see a golf course. ;)

Long Beach Golf Course...

header_image_01.jpg

That was the biggest draw. :D

LOL!

Awesome. :D

One of my bestest friends from work lives on the *east* coast of Vancouver Island. So it must be a pretty cool place if both of y'all are gonna be in that neck of the woods. :p

Cool! L was born and raised on the east coast of the island. Most of our families live there. It is very, very beautiful. You should go visit your friend!

Went to our usual liquor store, and with the leftover letters from Friday's latest round of crazy, they had on their marquee:

Dear God,
It's starting to feel
kinda personal.
-Moore

My daughter and I laughed so hard we were still giggling when we came into the store.

Today was my birthday, so I have many things to contribute to this topic right now:

A one-hour massage by the best professional I know (who is also a close friend).... Just omg so freaking relaxing!!

My internet was out for two day (I spend roughly 8 hours per day online. That was torture). This morning the tech guy came out and replaced a cable and yaaay internet is back!

Treated to dinner (and cake!) by a friend and her family, and got to listen to all their hilarious light-hearted bickering.

FINALLY was able to order House season 5 online (didn't have it in the stores here, I checked), which is my very favorite season.

While shopping at an close-out store, I found invitations for a "play date"

It took me a whole 3 minutes to realize this was for a child's play date and for parents to use to coordinate their schedules. :eek:

Found at FetLife:

Yes, there's a thread over in Talk where this would fit in quite nicely. But I've decided not to sully my pixels by posting there again.

Welcome back to the internet. It missed you. :)

I laughed today at a very predictable response from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back