We miss Craigslist!

doublelist

holy shit! I broke the seal and posted today on Doublelist.com. I have been dicking around, pun intended with lit for a few years asking my self "why is no one answering me?" Sorry Lit, but if you want connections, its time to get off lit. Love the stories and convo, but if you really want action, you have to go where action lives. I will be back to post, I hope with experiences instead of maybe's
 
I miss

...the ability to meet people just to chat with! I didn't necessarily want to meet. It was easier than using Lit and Doublelist seems to be 99% men and 1% bots. They also don't segment by m4w, w4m etc etc in their strictly platonic section. And strictly platonic on CL just meant that you wanted to be flirty and fun but not necessarily meet up! lol
 
Cooper001

Was curious about. My bi side, I'm older but I. Made. A connection on CL and. Had the best sexual experience of my entire life. My first and only oral with another man I did not know it coul be that wonderful. I hope I can have that happen again.
 
Craigslist for me was a great way to hook up discreetly.I met some very nice men from there.Nothing like it now
 
Mid 50s male in the Chicago area... Over the course of four or five years, I met probably 50-60 women through CL, ages late teens through 50s, mostly for daddy/baby roleplay but sometimes just quickies (or various strange encounters). Most of these were from ads I posted, though some were through my responding to womens' ads.

Several months ago I found Doublelist, and I have yet to get a single response to one of my ads, or a single reply to my responses to a woman's ad. The male-to-female ratio on CL personals was probably 25:1, but it appears to be skewed many more times that on Doublelist. I'm not optimistic....
 
CL meet.

Just sharing my best CL experience. Only because the last 2 days have been filled with this memory.

It started almost 2 years ago, I'll write out a basic synopsis.
I posted a personal ad seeking a younger woman for exotic chat
Amongst the plethora of fake BS there was one that seemed sincerely interested. I took the chance and replied. We chatted through CL for a couple days until she felt uncomfortable enough to send her email. We continued chatting through email for about 2 weeks. Both of us slowly giving more personal info to each other. I was very honest in the fact that I was/am unable to perform normally (permanent e.d.). She understood this and sympathized with my condition. The majority of our sexting involved everything but penetration. We finally set up a meeting at a local casino.
She ended up being a neighbor who I saw almost daily. We actually hot a room that night and I honestly spent hours tasting the sweetness of her young body, she is 26. After that night and for close to a year we would meet at one or the others apt 2-3 times a week. She ended up moving out of state a few months ago and eventually we lost contact.
Now CL is no more and there is no site that compares to it.
 
CL worked for me

Loved CL for meeting with people when I would travel on business. Both for nudist get-togethers and a couple of 3somes. Never a guarantee to work, but it worked enough times.
 
Met many women on CL for as debauched a time as any I've ever wanted or hoped for.
One gal met me outside her front door and walked me out to the middle of her Street so she could blow me in the middle of the road.
Another brought me over to fuck her friend in front her and her husband.
Once the awkward stage was over with, most cl folks got pretty primal, pretty fast.
 
I miss it too, met some of my best phone-fun females through CL and some old apps that have been removed. Its' hard to find women/couples into the taboo topics w/o CL. I can't do vanilla phone fun, it's just too boring. Nothing really replaced it.
 
I guess it must be a regional thing. I tried many times on CL to meet people, turned out all of them were posers or those magical disappearing people, and then I found that my area has a plethora of sex clubs, groups, etc.. and found my way through them.

Since CL went straight, so to speak, I do miss those personals. Funny.

A lot of people in the past suggested backpage, but after checking it out, it seems like nothing but fake hooker ads, presumably cops posing as hookers...

Even on CL, I used to get responses to ads, that started out good, then would come a message "I'm only 14, is that ok?".. I always replied with a canned response - "Dear officer friendly...." and would proceed to berate them for trying to bait consenting adults into crime.

I joined SLS, and never been happier. I paid, although they do have free accounts, most paid members block them and see them as posers or time wasters.
 
RE: SLS

Been on SLS for years, it has gone down-hill and is very vanilla. I guess for Unicorns it will fill every need. Males will have little to no chance, and couples unless you're an 8 out of 10 don't expect nice responses. I can't tell you how many times we heard... we're interested in your wife, but not you... etc. Also note FREE members no longer can communicate with other members. You have to pay to be able to contact anyone on the site. "Free members will no longer have the ability to communicate with others. For 17 years we have been a free website, it is no longer worth the risk of endangering this community by allowing free access."
 
Last edited:
Not yet, it isn't. Yes, it is available, but the volume of users is a tiny fraction of what CL had. I hope it will grow. The more the word gets around, the more likely that is to happen, but it is currently far from critical mass.


I joined last night after reading these posts and I'll have to agree. I've had a couple of replies to my posts but nothing like CL for volume. They are a lot more restrictive on post language and pics.

Posts for my area are 98% bottoms looking to service.
 
I live in a small town. CL had options to find people out in the country and smaller areas, even if the options were slim. DL has no such choices, especially with focusing on large cities.
 
I joined last night after reading these posts and I'll have to agree. I've had a couple of replies to my posts but nothing like CL for volume. They are a lot more restrictive on post language and pics.

Posts for my area are 98% bottoms looking to service.

9 out of 10 times they won't publish the advert. You have to make it so vanilla it's not worth listing.
 
Was curious about. My bi side, I'm older but I. Made. A connection on CL and. Had the best sexual experience of my entire life. My first and only oral with another man I did not know it coul be that wonderful. I hope I can have that happen again.
Cooper, I had a very similar CL encounter. Like to tell each other our stories?
 
9 out of 10 times they won't publish the advert. You have to make it so vanilla it's not worth listing.

I've posted several in the past few days and all were published. I can understand where they would be hesitant publishing certain activities. Vanilla? I can see in the ads that acronyms have to be learned. I guess it all depends on how willing a poster is to adapting to all the bs regulations.
 
CL was the best... I travel a bit for work and I was able to connect with women in different cities who were real and interested in a mutually beneficial encounter - It was pretty easy to weed out the scammers. We always started by emailing and getting to know each other, trading pictures, interests, desires and expectations... we almost always ended up having a great time (okay - one was kind of a bummer, but that was probably my fault for not screening better)! Anyway, so far I’ve not had a single successful encounter with Doublelist or Lit Personal’s - disappointed that CL is gone and nothing seems to be it’s equal.
 
I am so surprised -- I guess I lead a sheltered life. I only used CL to sell old furniture! I think I was vaguely aware of the personal ads, but I don't think I would ever have considered them as I would have not felt safe. But posters here seem to have had very good experiences. Good for you all.

I didn't really register about CL personals until I read they were discontinuing them. That is due to new Sex Trafficking laws that put CL at risk for lawsuits.
 
I am so surprised -- I guess I lead a sheltered life. I only used CL to sell old furniture! I think I was vaguely aware of the personal ads, but I don't think I would ever have considered them as I would have not felt safe. But posters here seem to have had very good experiences. Good for you all.

I didn't really register about CL personals until I read they were discontinuing them. That is due to new Sex Trafficking laws that put CL at risk for lawsuits.

I only met a couple of people from there, and it was definitely a lengthy convert before I would, and always in public.
 
The problem with double list is the area is broken down enough. For example I used to live in Northern MI but to find anyone I'd have to post in the Detroit section. Right now I live in FL. The closest section for me would be Tampa which is about 30-40 miles away
 
Yeah, you can sell stuff on CL, and there were plenty of people “selling” on CL personals too LOL... Meeting anyone on-line whether CL, Doublelist, Lit, Tinder or Match.com requires caution! No question there are plenty of creeps out there!! It’s gotta be difficult for women to figure out limits and safety issues... more so than men. But guys can get scammed too and put in danger too. You can kinda tell by they way people frame their interactions and questions, particularly if they are they willing to meet in public, have coffee or drinks, carry on a conversation... And I hate to be superficial, but looks matter (especially attire, hygiene, teeth, etc.) And you have be clear about expectations - is this just a one time fuck date, a dinner date with potential for sleep over, a FWB situation or ??? In any case ou gotta have chemistry, and an easy exit strategy... Pretty much like any other “pick-up” situation right... I mean, I’ve met some weird people in nightclubs or just sitting at the bar of an upscale hotel. I’m interested in a woman’s point of view here - assuming you were looking for good, clean, hot sex would you rather hang at bar taking your chances or check out on-line personals trying and weed out the jerks.
 
Back
Top