Tears Of The World Coffee Shoppe

So what's everyone up to? I like to know these things

Me? Filling out job applications for the summer that'll be starting really really soon =(

Writing essays for the classes I'm taking, playing World of Warcraft (which tends to overlap my schoolwork time)

Spending time with the bf and I think sleeping is in there somewhere
 
Hmmm... maybe the world isn't really into coffee right now. I should invest in Fruit Stripes bubble gum =)
 
Haven't had a request for one of those in quite a while, but it shall be done!

Anyways I might be coming back into the swing of things as the semester comes to a close, but it might also keep me from visiting as well. We'll see
 
*sits at her desk and is utterly bored*

Not up for WoW, it's the weekend so I don't want to do any homework, and meh

someone entertain me
 
Kinda busy, did some volunteer work this morning, then back here for laundry and went to see my friends do a dance company performance. I'm kinda tired actually so I might get some sleep.
 
Sleep... I've heard of this phenomenon but I have yet to experience it in all its glory. I did some volunteer work as well this morning, in addition to fielding a very load client earlier. I am quite exhausted as well, but it is only 830 here so no bedtime yet.
 
Hmm well it's 9:41 PM here and I've actually started on a major paper that's due on Wednesday. Sadly I'll be hard pressed to finish it tomorrow as it's 10-15 pages in length. So if anyone wants to aid me in writing an essay on the British Empire at the time of the Partition of India in 1947 let me know =)
 
Well I've gotten 7/10 pages done and I have about 8 1/2 hours left to get this done. Paper is due before 9 am, however, so more like 8 hours and 28 minutes before it's due. Anyways...

I'm back to posting on lit (as most of you can tell)
 
TearsoftheWorld said:
Hmm well it's 9:41 PM here and I've actually started on a major paper that's due on Wednesday. Sadly I'll be hard pressed to finish it tomorrow as it's 10-15 pages in length. So if anyone wants to aid me in writing an essay on the British Empire at the time of the Partition of India in 1947 let me know =)

Sounds like a real fun subject. Actually it sort of does....
<---- history nerd.
 
I'm just tired of writing lengthy papers that should really be 5-8 pages in length.

It's fairly difficult writing a paper on the British Empire during the 1940's and centering around the Partition of India in 1947.

example of one of my footnotes:

Sarvepalli Gopal, ed., Jawaharlal Nehru: An Anthology (Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1980), 378., in A. Martin Wainwright , Inheritance of Empire - Britain, India, and the Balance of Power in Asia, 1938-55, “Independence and Defense”, (Connecticut: Praegar Publishers, 1994), 1

that's the twelfth footnote in the paper. I have about 17 total footnotes and at least 11 or 12 monographs.
 
I always padded my papers with quotes and footnotes. I wrote a 25 page paper on the development of Submarine Countermeasures during WWI. Not a whole lot to say on the subject so I let other people say it for me.
 
I could probably write a full paper using lots of quotes and what not, but ugh saying the same thing over and over and over is annoying.

Clement Attlee, in later years, would go on to give a sentimental and almost philosophical overview of the British Empire during its later years as a colonial power: “There have been many Great Empires in the history of the world that have risen, flourished for a time, and then fallen… There is only one Empire where, without external pressure of weariness at the burden of governing, the ruling people has voluntarily surrendered its hegemony over subject peoples and has given them their freedom… this unique example is the British Empire.” *insert footnote*

*footnote* 1. Clement Attlee, Empire into Commonwealth (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1961), 1. My emphasis., in Stephen Howe, Anticolonialism In British Politics - The Left and the End of Empire 1918-1964, (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1993), 6
 
Yeah long papers are always the pits. What's your major? This type of stuff?
 
No this is for my History of Britain class. It's a 300 level history class. My concentration is on Asian studies, i.e. my senior seminar class 'Portraits in Asia' is one of my favorite classes.
 
Dang a paper that long for only a 300 level class? Someone needs to tell that teacher that long papers are for 400 and over classes...
 
Back
Top