My own challenge

Hiya Annie,

From the way you talk it sounds like this poetry side of lit used to be a lot more active, with a lot more of what I think of as serious poets (sorry if anyone finds that kind of labeling offensive but I need to differentiate with people like myself who are just mucking round with shiny words for shits and giggles. ;)).

Sounds like you miss the way things were. Well If you tell me what is is you are missing and what it is you are expecting, I'll try and be more like that.:D I'll never be a good poet but I can be a better one than I am now;).

I like to keep my friends happy:eek:.

Uggg:rose:

You're a sweetie :rose: but I doubt you can help, It shook me to the core to be totally ignored when I put up a Challenge in a place I always considered my second home filled with friends that cared. In fact I was, until I became a Mod which somehow slung me from being everyone's nutty friend from over the pond to someone we don't associate with now. Friends don't hurt other friends like that.

You're a sweetie :rose: but I doubt you can help, It shook me to the core to be totally ignored when I put up a Challenge in a place I always considered my second home filled with friends that cared. In fact I was, until I became a Mod which somehow slung me from being everyone's nutty friend from over the pond to someone we don't associate with now. Friends don't hurt other friends like that.

Well I don't care that your a mod Annie. I never knew you before you were a mod.

To me you'll always be the (nutty friend) person from the poetry community that made me feel welcome when I set up my thread here and I was feeling self conscious about putting my poems out there among words from 'real poets'.:)

Well I don't care that your a mod Annie. I never knew you before you were a mod.

To me you'll always be the (nutty friend) person from the poetry community that made me feel welcome when I set up my thread here and I was feeling self conscious about putting my poems out there among words from 'real poets'.:)

Who says you're not a real poet? Let me at 'em! You write from the heart with passion and feeling, which is more than I can say for some. I won't be a sycophant though, none of us are perfect all of the time :) I was looking through my own the other day and thinking to myself why ever did I write that?!!Mind you, you had me when you understood what I wrote about the Tiger, I don't think anyone else did, well nobody said so!! Thank you for being my friend (and not afraid to say so) when I really need one. :rose:

Who says you're not a real poet? Let me at 'em! You write from the heart with passion and feeling, which is more than I can say for some. I won't be a sycophant though, none of us are perfect all of the time :) I was looking through my own the other day and thinking to myself why ever did I write that?!!Mind you, you had me when you understood what I wrote about the Tiger, I don't think anyone else did, well nobody said so!! Thank you for being my friend (and not afraid to say so) when I really need one. :rose:

Wow You remember that! That was months ago! I struggle to remember things people told me last week. lol

Yes I do remember reading that poem too. I love that idea of being savaged and surrendering to it. Highly erotic but also kinda primal. I touched on it a bit myself in my first 'Grace of the predator' poem. In yours you managed to capture the ferociousness and beauty of the tiger but also the grace of being the prey.

That last line was what really got me. That nails it.

I agree with Annie that your poetry is heartfelt and straightforward. The poem you opened your thread with is beautiful writing imo and why not real poetry? It's all real poetry, yours and anyone's who writes in your Group Uggg thread or just the poetry forum. Some people are obsessed with reading, writing, editing, blah blah blah lol, poetry. That is one state of being, but there's a whole spectrum. It's all good. I think the most important thing is that a person is him- or herself satisfied with what they wrote.

If people don't want to have feedback and just write for fun? That's their jam and I ain't jelly. :D

I give feedback if I can and I'm kind but honest because that is the sort I want.

I'm really glad you've found a niche here and hope everyone feels welcome to post in or start their own challenges or just post wherever! Sorry I did not welcome you sooner. I have a doctor's note lol. :heart::kiss::heart:

Isn't Annie wonderful? :) :heart:

I agree with Annie that your poetry is heartfelt and straightforward. The poem you opened your thread with is beautiful writing imo and why not real poetry? It's all real poetry, yours and anyone's who writes in your Group Uggg thread or just the poetry forum. Some people are obsessed with reading, writing, editing, blah blah blah lol, poetry. That is one state of being, but there's a whole spectrum. It's all good. I think the most important thing is that a person is him- or herself satisfied with what they wrote.

If people don't want to have feedback and just write for fun? That's their jam and I ain't jelly. :D

I give feedback if I can and I'm kind but honest because that is the sort I want.

I'm really glad you've found a niche here and hope everyone feels welcome to post in or start their own challenges or just post wherever! Sorry I did not welcome you sooner. I have a doctor's note lol. :heart::kiss::heart:

*Inspects doctors note to ensure authenticity;)*

:DBelated welcomes are just fine when they are as warm and friendly as that.
Thank you. :D

Yes she is wonderful, she is a person whose opinion I have come to appreciate.

Trigger 11 Keyword #3
Write a poem that includes one of the following words: disassociation, engulfment, suppression.
Hands and lips caress each other's body,
drawing the breath from your lover’s mouth.
Feel the energies of combined desire
like a fiery ball, an engulfment of bodies
between your sex and eyes.
There are no words to say, only the way,
whatever you desire beyond this minute.
Energy flows between polarities, an attraction of energies.
Burn bright, your inner fire flowing into your lover.
When the ball bursts
passion will explode into the void
that brings you together as one.

Wow You remember that! That was months ago! I struggle to remember things people told me last week. lol

Yes I do remember reading that poem too. I love that idea of being savaged and surrendering to it. Highly erotic but also kinda primal. I touched on it a bit myself in my first 'Grace of the predator' poem. In yours you managed to capture the ferociousness and beauty of the tiger but also the grace of being the prey.

That last line was what really got me. That nails it.

Riing the Tiger is another name for orgasms especially mltiple ones ;)

If people don't want to have feedback and just write for fun? That's their jam and I ain't jelly.

I'm really glad you've found a niche here and hope everyone feels welcome to post in or start their own challenges or just post wherever! Sorry I did not welcome you sooner. I have a doctor's note lol.

*Inspects doctors note to ensure authenticity;)*

:DBelated welcomes are just fine when they are as warm and friendly as that.
Thank you. :D

Yes she is wonderful, she is a person whose opinion I have come to appreciate.

Now you've made me smile and that's never a bad thing. Hugs to you both :heart: :heart:

You've been quiet for a few days? Working on something or just busy?

The real world asking too much of me and my Morphine not working as well as it should, making me more snarky than poetic! My Step children's Mother died suddenly in her care home (she had Alzheimer's) and it was a big shock all round as you can imagine. So I've been helping with arrangements and informing relatives.
Nice to be missed though ....... thank you :rose:

The real world asking too much of me and my Morphine not working as well as it should, making me more snarky than poetic! My Step children's Mother died suddenly in her care home (she had Alzheimer's) and it was a big shock all round as you can imagine. So I've been helping with arrangements and informing relatives.
Nice to be missed though ....... thank you :rose:

Real life happens.

Sorry for your family's loss.

Last edited:
Theme 7 A secret pleasure

Innuendo

Here lies before you
your simple watermelon ,
juices sweet, welcome cooling
upon a summer's day.
As your questing fingers slide
into her wet luscious folds
does your heart beat a little faster
when you taste her on your lips?

Theme 9 my backyard

Property Value

The marsh behind my house, what good is it?
You can’t build another house or a store
you can drive into on black macadam.

But at dusk you can hear the peepers sing,
see a bird thin fawn with its mother
reaching to nibble on tamarack twigs,

and Mr. Calderwood’s barn up the hill,
a quarter mile away, lit for milking.
In their pasture two horses neigh

while we at home read digital displays
that ping.

Property Value

The marsh behind my house, what good is it?
You can’t build another house or a store
you can drive into on black macadam.

But at dusk you can hear the peepers sing,
see a bird thin fawn with its mother
reaching to nibble on tamarack twigs,

and Mr. Calderwood’s barn up the hill,
a quarter mile away, lit for milking.
In their pasture two horses neigh

while we at home read digital displays
that ping.

That last line made me smile :)

Keywords #1
Write a poem that includes all of the following words: ghost, cigarette, photography
A wisp of cigarette smoke hangs in the air
like a ghost spiralling into the darkness
as I walk silently through the empty streets.
I've never felt lonely or afraid here.
This is my city, asleep now, readying herself
for the clamour of the early morning.
The moon sheds his light as if waiting to illuminate
some great photography of a special place and time.
But alas, I must turn my steps for home,
to my loved one who lies not yet asleep, waiting.

Last edited:
Theme #10
Write a poem that reinvents a popular fairy tale.
This taboo never ceases to intoxicate
and intensify my senses, as you lead me
down a different path through the woods,
one I've never seen before, but now led'
fearlessly by a paternal hand into the darkness,
a path that has no return once laid upon
my scarlet cloak that shows no stain'
where you taught how to become a woman.

Keywords #3
Write a poem that includes all of the following words: fool, game, starlight.
What a fool I was to play your stupid game,
and now as I hear the sirens
bearing down on us I know there's no escape.
I try desperately to swallow hysterical fear
as you prepare to fight it out, you'll be
killing both of us, although I hold no gun.
Once I saw starlight in your eyes, but I was wrong,
it was madness for your cause.

I was right to fear, it hurts a lot,
but only for a little while and now the only
stars i see in a darkening sky, are real ones .....

Keyword #4
Write a poem that includes one of the following words: persimmon, scarecrow, skylark.
My composure is as thin as the skin
I was born in, but why?
My Skylark sings distantly out of sight,
a fluttering of wings grasping frantically
at the air, before falling, falling
seeking sanctuary in her nest
just taken, scattered by life's mower.

Keyword #4
Write a poem that includes one of the following words: persimmon, scarecrow, skylark.
My composure is as thin as the skin
I was born in, but why?
My Skylark sings distantly out of sight,
a fluttering of wings grasping frantically
at the air, before falling, falling
seeking sanctuary in her nest
just taken, scattered by life's mower.

Gosh I was not expecting how that finished! lol 'lifes mower.':eek:

I'm going to have nightmares:eek:

Uggg:heart:

Gosh I was not expecting how that finished! lol 'lifes mower.':eek:

I'm going to have nightmares:eek:

Uggg:heart:

I was worried that 'mower' would be too solid when the rest was ethereal, but couldn't think of anything else. I'm open to suggestions!

Back