"To keep the review thread clean..."

The Poets

Really Really Experienced
Because we're human and it will always happen, here's a thread for all the thank-you notes and off-topic banter that occasionally clog up the New Poems Reviews and other threads.

Enjoy. :)

Previous Prattle

Sorry, a little late on this but it's still important to say "thanks", so thank you to twelve, LesseloovesPeter, Ange, and Ashe for reading/commenting on my poem, Last of Color last week. It really was the last of color. It's all muddy and brown here, however it did snow a bit (melted off of course hence the muddiness).

@Ange, "flash" is better, I'll make the edit. Thanks! :rose:

glad to see someone take up the standard of NP,neo, now check out ons other one
that one may be better

Hey, Ash
a pun
Les
amore

ah, never mind, just glad to see it, and glad I didn't use the word "tight" in the comment

<snip>time warps your youthful
frame as shoulders start
to droop hasn't quietened
down your mind, <snip>
Todski, the entire passion poem is wonderful. If you choose to edit and make it ready for more, I suggest this passage be edited similar to the following suggestion:
time warps youth's frame
as shoulders droop but fails
to quiet down your mind​
Thanks for giving us your poetry. 'Tis a pleasure to read.

Todski, the entire passion poem is wonderful. If you choose to edit and make it ready for more, I suggest this passage be edited similar to the following suggestion:
time warps youth's frame
as shoulders droop but fails
to quiet down your mind​
Thanks for giving us your poetry. 'Tis a pleasure to read.

I'll second that. I didn't want to add non-poem stuff to the passion thread (smithpeter was always such a stickler about that in his threads, so I try to honor it), but I think your poem is impressive. The flow is wonderful and it shows how far you've come in such a short time. The telling versus showing thing is always a struggle and I usually find that in the edit phase is when I can really look and see if I am describing something rather than finding a way to show it. I sure don't always succeed but for me it helps if I make thinking about it part of my editing process.

Thank you, it still staggers me that people read my poems at all, thanks for the edit advice too :)

I have seen a companion thread somewhere for the old passion thread might try dig it up coz desejod new one and bogusagains were both really good.

Thank you, it still staggers me that people read my poems at all, thanks for the edit advice too :)

I have seen a companion thread somewhere for the old passion thread might try dig it up coz desejod new one and bogusagains were both really good.

Either that or start a new one. I have been guilty of blabbing in threads like the passion thread myself, but in truth it's hard to find poems when there's a lot of talk between them. Otoh, people may not feel they can comment spontaneously if they have to go to another thread and link to the poem to do so. I try not to do it because smithpeter always gave me a hard time about it but I admit that was a long time ago!

Hello. I just wanted wanted to say thank you to everyone for their comments. I don't say it often, but I do appreciate all the feedback I get. So, thank you.

thanks gm and lesseloves :rose: only just remembered i submitted a piece and when i went to look couldn't remember its title. probably 'cos it didn't have one. :rose:

Wanted to say thank you to butters for the break down on my poem dabbling with darkness it was a big help and gave me a great perspective shift as well as really good advice.

thankyou, harry, tess and angeline for your comments on 'no title'. surprise and appreciation in equal measures. :eek: :rose:

My thanks to greenmountaineer, Oldbear, HarryH, Ange, Lessee and butters for reading "Walter etc." and leaving kind comments. Also to taz, Lesse, Oldbear and Ange for reading and comments on "untitled".

Tilly

Thank you to you good people who commented on Miss Tilly Shilling's Orifice

Angeline said it could do without the footnote and she's absolutely right from a poetic point of view. However, Tilly Shilling is a great interest of mine because one of my uncles was her nominal boss at the Aircraft Research Establishment in the 50's.

Tilly Shilling was a brilliant engineer but fiery and fearless with limited regard for authority. The top brass just could not and would not promote her at all, and despite her achievements which were many, they ensured she remained throughout her career, very low in the pecking order. Uncle said that her bosses were of two types. Men like him who told her that she knew far more than they did and they would try to support her work. Then there were the men who tried to assert their authority over her. The latter apparently suffered - suffered under the withering critique of an exceptional mind and brilliant wit.

Uncle said that she was hard to handle but half the people she worked with loved her the other half went in fear and trembling.

About 6 years ago funds were raised to make a film of her life but unfortunately along came the GFC. It's a great story of a larger than life heroine.

1201 once posted a link called 7 rules for practising poets....

??????????

one. links don't work over there
two. out of context. tends to create backlash. I have enough unwanted attention.
three. it is not what I say, it is what you say in response that is important
four. in this case I also left a comment.
thereby creating my very own backlash and unwanted attention
laughs

1201 once posted a link called 7 rules for practicing poets....

??????????

one. links don't work over there
two. out of context. tends to create backlash. I have enough unwanted attention.
three. it is not what I say, it is what you say in response that is important
four. in this case I also left a comment.
thereby creating my very own backlash and unwanted attention
laughs
*Laughs* out of context? nope, that was the document that made me into the poor, lol, poet I am today. *long internal discussion: Leslie? wrote something that was read/followed/connected* Links do work over there; and I would be glad if they went missing. Backlash anything like conversation/discussion?
...and what would Lit be without backlash? Annie?
Butterfly wings, you said it before, one word changes everything. as to 4...

thanks, Neo, 12... glad it had its moments for you both. as to a title - since i didn't have a name for the mood i was attempting to write, or even understood quite what i was writing, no title seemed apt. it wasn't intended as some affectation. :)

12, i agree with you about the final lines, though i like a coupla others, too. :p

thanks, Neo, 12... glad it had its moments for you both. as to a title - since i didn't have a name for the mood i was attempting to write, or even understood quite what i was writing, no title seemed apt. it wasn't intended as some affectation. :)

12, i agree with you about the final lines, though i like a coupla others, too. :p

gah! put a title on it, it's on my favorite poem list, along with Harry and 1 other people!

gah! put a title on it, it's on my favorite poem list, along with Harry and 1 other people!

lol. i need suggestions. i will start a thread. and then probably not use any of them but something else inspired by them instead. but seriously, thankyou. :eek:

g-zus, I liked the whole goddamn thing, just thought the last five where best

g-zus, I liked the whole goddamn thing, just thought the last five where best
ok, keep yer pigtails on already, i was playing with you :D

but... reminds you of what? i'm bemused. actually, just nosy

Thnx to commentators

Thank you Oldbear & Angie for likin' "RIP Mandiba " & John Johnson & Scotsman for favouritin' same : noticed an Anon postin' anti-Nelson Mandela comments also !?? There was a Maggie Thatcher led Conservative faction that propped up the illegal minority Apartheid regime with Hang Mandela posters in their College dorms : current Brit PM Cameron had such a poster in his Undergrad days in his dorm !?! This Anon probably has crawled out of such dark , subterrean regions as previously existed but being afraid of retribution or lawsuit has cowardly hidden behind Anonymity .

Thank you Oldbear & Angie for likin' "RIP Mandiba " & John Johnson & Scotsman for favouritin' same : noticed an Anon postin' anti-Nelson Mandela comments also !?? There was a Maggie Thatcher led Conservative faction that propped up the illegal minority Apartheid regime with Hang Mandela posters in their College dorms : current Brit PM Cameron had such a poster in his Undergrad days in his dorm !?! This Anon probably has crawled out of such dark , subterrean regions as previously existed but being afraid of retribution or lawsuit has cowardly hidden behind Anonymity .
anon is a sheet head from the Invisible Simpyre, - take that back, they probably don't know who Mandela was.
You're right, it was the undead Maggie, who was last seen buzzing around in a grim remake of the Wizard of Oz.

Back