New Poem Recommendations

thanks, gm; i'd also like to recommend this one by HarryHill - not because of its author but purely on its merits as i found them. the name will, i'm afraid, put some readers off . . . that's just the way society works right now and it's a shame imo. the poem is just beautiful.
 
GOOD morning!

I read this one first for no reason and what a GREAT way to start my day!

Waking by dogwatch

I also enjoyed The Trust by sexnovella.

Write on!

Syn :kiss:
 
Very strong recommends on these two:
the prawn with a rose in his rifle
by butters
a def WTF, meaning something else is going on here...

Boddhisattva
by greenmountaineer
now most of greenmountaineer's work is interesting, often because they contain something that is hidden, this is no exception, I left a small comment, but with the recommendation that he look at his on a certain Nietzsche poem. Yeah, that is how I feel about this.
I could be reading it wrong...

Now this:
A Cautionary Tale
byUnderYourSpell©

Despite the fact I got to the end before the writer did, is just good, but it is not as if I wasn't warned (the title)
still a little suspense goes a long way

Now, serial submitters, a word of warning, DON"T. Sometimes you get lazy asses like me, who is not going to go through NP in total, because it is not like I get paid for it, ya know.
 
ps
I found
Slasher Movie - inspiring
always a dangerous thing for me, inspired a quick bit of doggeral of which I shall spare you
 
I seldom feel comfortable promoting rhymed verse but Mutt's I Walk is the exception.
seconded, Mutt has an interference pattern running with the front of the line, a possible other pattern with phrases or at least a nice variation.
Looks so easy. It's not. Emphasize it is not easy. Good poetry often looks easy, but it takes talent and practice to get it there. I feel a little uncomfortable talking about technical aspects in an emotional poem, but this is keyed to near perfection.
Was almost tempted to thread it.
 
Allow me.
If you have two poems, it stands to reason, one will be perceived as better. One is a must

Divergence
when you consider the fact that I don't particularly like Demure, nor do I particularly like sonnets (which it appears to be), this seems to me several cuts above good, you can make the argument it is great and I would probably accept it.

now xelliebabex, also

has something of interest

The Mime
a great opening line, I think, with a degree of follow though

Now the rest, truth is I didn't read, too many names that look familiar as submitters not as commentators. I believe in a degree of reciprocity. Pretend an interest, I'll pretend one back. Otherwise I'll go jerk-off, which is what I think some of you are doing under the veil of 'poetry'.

The place is what you make it, I just pop in from time to time as either a fan-boy or a gad-fly. I prefer doing it as a fan-boy.
 
Subtext by OpenField slipped by almost unnoticed a few days ago, but it really deserves reads. It's wonderfully subtle erotica and the title is perfect. That OpenField can write some poetry.
 
:rose:I was shocked when I popped in here and saw that no one recommended this one-

Life Then Stops by UnderYourSpell

or this one

A Younger Man's Car by FridayAM.

I am sure there are more, but my time is limited. I felt these two (poems) were very well written and a joy to read.

Thanks to A and S for submitting them, I think I added them both to my favorites list.

Keep up the great work, all of you poets and poetesses!!
 
Last edited:
greenmountaineer's Folio34R gets a highly recommended from me. once again gm uses his knowledge and experience of religion as a foil/catalyst.
 
Back
Top