a companion to 30 in 30

Sorry trix, i was reading the whackos on GB, and began to think everything was about obama.
I've reread it. Definetly not obama.

GM~4-20
Good edit
The entire tone has changed
I wouldn't normally be a fan of
~and then there came
But it works here. Necessary
I wont comment on the text, we all know the tale that damn chill tells.

I liked your 1-25 much, trix
But i wanted it to say
An ideal that only exists in "their" imaginations.
That's how it seems to me
That others set the bar~try to reshape us.
Good stuff, though

Corndog, comments on the 30 series of poems go here. Angeline's not about at the moment to move them so I thought I'd give you the heads up.

Also, glad you enjoyed my 1-28. ;)
I submitted it this evening as Candy Everybody Wants.

I liked your 1-25 much, trix
But i wanted it to say
An ideal that only exists in "their" imaginations.
That's how it seems to me
That others set the bar~try to reshape us.
Good stuff, though

I missed this earlier Pen.
I was actually coming at it from the opposite view
All of our early lives are spent being shaped by someone else's ideals.
From those beginnings we have to try to reshape ourselves into something that feels like a better fit. It's a rare person that manages it without feeling malformed, without still feeling that original shape they were pressed into.

Corndog: interesting idea concerning "Forgiveness."

Police Official Commits Suicide
(AP) February 1, 2011

I've used epigraphs before, although sparingly. They have to grow on me.

A less direct reference may work too:

"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is.” –Dr. Mark Vonnegut, M.D. (Letter to Author, 1985) (Bluebeard, Kurt Vonnegut)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. It's got me thinking.

Corndog, comments on the 30 series of poems go here. Angeline's not about at the moment to move them so I thought I'd give you the heads up.

Also, glad you enjoyed my 1-28. ;)
I submitted it this evening as Candy Everybody Wants.

Thank you, Trixie.

You kids and your fancy "companion threads"!

Corndog: interesting idea concerning "Forgiveness."

Police Official Commits Suicide
(AP) February 1, 2011

I've used epigraphs before, although sparingly. They have to grow on me.

A less direct reference may work too:

"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is.” –Dr. Mark Vonnegut, M.D. (Letter to Author, 1985) (Bluebeard, Kurt Vonnegut)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. It's got me thinking.
Or
The body of Sgt. David Morales, 34, was discovered Thursday in his apartment. Foul play is not suspected.

Although I like the idea of the oblique reference as well. Maybe both?

Champ you 30/30 run has had me BILF, series of five is quite brilliant, the longing you portray is so sexual and heartfelt that it makes me question at what age does society try to say the you are too old to long for the comforts of the flesh, or at what age do you start telling yourself you are to old for this. Your descriptives are so well wrought from a place of true passion and want and desire that I can feel the lust sizzle of the screen. I doubt a one of them could keep up ;)

Looking past the sex there is a beautiful feminine fierce and raw element, these "private" thoughts seemingly shared, paticullarly enjoyed the Robert Downey Jr piece :)

Champ you 30/30 run has had me BILF, series of five is quite brilliant, the longing you portray is so sexual and heartfelt that it makes me question at what age does society try to say the you are too old to long for the comforts of the flesh, or at what age do you start telling yourself you are to old for this. Your descriptives are so well wrought from a place of true passion and want and desire that I can feel the lust sizzle of the screen. I doubt a one of them could keep up ;)

Looking past the sex there is a beautiful feminine fierce and raw element, these "private" thoughts seemingly shared, paticullarly enjoyed the Robert Downey Jr piece :)
Well you have a somewhat personal stake in my BILF#4. I remember I'd asked for a name and you came up with a lust-stirring example. I'm not sure who's BILF-i-ness we were playing with on that one, but he's just perfect for me. Thank you.

I like conversational poetry. If I can get my readers to visualize exactly what I am seeing, then I win, hell, we all win. And I know, it's kinda creepy for me to be having sexual thoughts about some of these guys, but does a middle-aged man feel guilt when he feels a pulse watching a 20-something bunny in a bikini? Thought not.

Society has instilled some kind of taboo when it comes to older women and young partners. This is lessening now to some degree, but even so, if that 50-ish woman has a matronly figure and grey in her hair, there is always a level of disgust that accompanies public lechery. Maybe someday we'll cross those borders. But y'know, even if we don't it doesn't really bother me. I don't believe I could bestir a tightening nipple if I were naked with one of my BILFs but by golly, it's a fun fantasy.

Thank you for the compliment. :)

Well you have a somewhat personal stake in my BILF#4. I remember I'd asked for a name and you came up with a lust-stirring example. I'm not sure who's BILF-i-ness we were playing with on that one, but he's just perfect for me. Thank you.

I like conversational poetry. If I can get my readers to visualize exactly what I am seeing, then I win, hell, we all win. And I know, it's kinda creepy for me to be having sexual thoughts about some of these guys, but does a middle-aged man feel guilt when he feels a pulse watching a 20-something bunny in a bikini? Thought not.

Society has instilled some kind of taboo when it comes to older women and young partners. This is lessening now to some degree, but even so, if that 50-ish woman has a matronly figure and grey in her hair, there is always a level of disgust that accompanies public lechery. Maybe someday we'll cross those borders. But y'know, even if we don't it doesn't really bother me. I don't believe I could bestir a tightening nipple if I were naked with one of my BILFs but by golly, it's a fun fantasy.

Thank you for the compliment. :)

It is definately not creepy it is as natural as breathing people forget that at the base of all that thought and high functioning grey matter we are also animals, with instincts and lusts we as humans though have way more control thanI assume most other animals have, so we forget there things. I enjoyed these poems immensely.

Ah hell Champagne! Your tribute to Robin has the wings of a dove.
If there is something after, other than peaceful darkness, I hope he gets to read your fare the well.

Ah hell Champagne! Your tribute to Robin has the wings of a dove.
If there is something after, other than peaceful darkness, I hope he gets to read your fare the well.

I second this.
Thank you friends. I can't count how many valve patients Mr. Williams helped get through the process of healing. From the time you're diagnosed with a valve disease and for years after, a patient can never forget how near they came to never coming back from death's threshold. Sadly, since open heart surgery brings us there for a many moments' visit, it holds a familiarity that is frighteningly comforting when we travel to the all-too-common post-anesthesia pit of depression.

Compound this with his return to substance dependence and I only wish he'd taken a moment to remember someone who loved him for being Robin the man rather than Robin Williams - comic. I am comforted that he has escaped the pain that must have tortured him and made death preferrable to a feeling life. I pray that his family will recover and remember him as I choose to, an incredible man with a talent to ease everyone else's sorrows.

Champagne, your 3-13 is very relatable. I was sitting under a fan in my skivvies earlier, had to break down and lower the temp on the a/c :eek:

I particularly liked the way the phrasing captured that drained heat haze that comes over you when it's oppressively hot.

Champagne, your 3-13 is very relatable. I was sitting under a fan in my skivvies earlier, had to break down and lower the temp on the a/c :eek:

I particularly liked the way the phrasing captured that drained heat haze that comes over you when it's oppressively hot.
Thank you, trixafk! We've got a lot of heat hitting us right now (at least for here) and it's been humid and hazy so I feel like I'm living on Georgian Bay once more where the only relief from it all comes from taking a swim in the cold, deep water sound at Depot Harbor or over at Parry Sound Town Beach.

Our temperature is only 28C or 82.4F but 46% humidity means it feels like 86F. Which is unusual for this corner of Alberta. So our fans are beating up the air quite a bit these days and almost makes me think about getting an AC unit. Hardly seems worth the cost when you think that the longest stretch of this we could expect realistically is maybe 3 weeks, even with global warming.

At least I've had a good couple of weeks for topics. I hope I keep thinking about poem ideas for another 17 days. :) You know how it is...

cc

Last edited:
Just over half-way there Champagne!

And today's 3-16 was sadly beautiful.
Thank you for the boost.. :). Yes, it was meant to be a little poignant, it saddens me that I live with painful shadows and that no matter how many lights I turn on, they're still in the corners. Such is growing older and in growing older with your love. There's often a bit of sadness no matter how frequently you laugh together.

Thank you for the boost.. :). Yes, it was meant to be a little poignant, it saddens me that I live with painful shadows and that no matter how many lights I turn on, they're still in the corners. Such is growing older and in growing older with your love. There's often a bit of sadness no matter how frequently you laugh together.

Welcome! After doing two 30s back to back, I'm gun shy, and still remembering how the mid way felt like I had longer to go than at the beginning.

I need to do it again, more thoughtfully, after I've absorbed more of the great stuff I've been reading in the interview threads, yours was a blast by the way, and other informative older threads. And ya know, read a bunch more good poetry :D

And nods to the rest of your statement.

Frmenine animus champ, just wow. I'm in love in a non-clingy just want raw animalistic rough sex kinda way

Frmenine animus champ, just wow. I'm in love in a non-clingy just want raw animalistic rough sex kinda way

LOL, the first thing I thought was, you go girl! The second thing I thought was I'd like to see this on the Strangers thread with Todski's view.

Back