a companion to 30 in 30

champagne1982 said:
I am alone in there. Where are the brave hearts who want to write for the pure sake of just making some kind of art each day? Although it's only good for Mom's fridge or the panty drawer, poets must write a poem, you might as well do it in the 30/30 thread.

anna - thanks for the effort, I'm sorry to see you have to start again :devil: with only a week to go.

T-zed - even though they were invisible :p, I liked your company.

I hope all is well out there. Hurry back poets, the challenge is looking like my own personal vanity thread.
Hey, Champ.

How do you know I quit? Maybe I just figured out how to make the whole post invisible? ;)

Unfortunately, I have a major presentation I have to give next week that was dropped on me at the last minute and I've been working throughout the holiday with no time for poems. (Somehow, "XML, it's plain to see / forms a lovely fricasee / of intersystem repartee" is even below my notoriously simpleminded standard.)

But I have been reading and enjoying yours and, up until yesterday, Anna's efforts.

You go, girl. :rose:

champagne1982 said:
I am alone in there. Where are the brave hearts who want to write for the pure sake of just making some kind of art each day? Although it's only good for Mom's fridge or the panty drawer, poets must write a poem, you might as well do it in the 30/30 thread.

anna - thanks for the effort, I'm sorry to see you have to start again :devil: with only a week to go.

T-zed - even though they were invisible :p, I liked your company.

I hope all is well out there. Hurry back poets, the challenge is looking like my own personal vanity thread.

I shall .... (see thread) ;)

oh good RF, glad Champ has some company now :)
I was thinking of re-starting but counted ahead and cannot imagine myself throwing down a Christmas day poem!

Champ-- can you explain your numbering system?

annaswirls said:
I was thinking of re-starting but counted ahead and cannot imagine myself throwing down a Christmas day poem!

Awww, now ya tell me. I did no counting. :eek: Seems my days are numbered already, just my luck, lmao. I am still in. Anyone else gonna pick up the gauntlet? Come on, don't tell me we have a buncha 'fraidee cats here,

afraid of a lil ole Christmas poem? :cool:

:p

annaswirls said:

mmhmm...

I've been successful twice now.. so I took my rounds and assigned them a number. Currently, I'm on my third round, first attempt, poem 17. (3-1-17) I include the number in the body of the thread because it's easier for me to see which one I've done and which one I'm posting :p.

RF... so nice of you to join me :). Hopefully we'll get a few more bold poets to try it over the holiday season.

champagne1982 said:
mmhmm...

I've been successful twice now.. so I took my rounds and assigned them a number. Currently, I'm on my third round, first attempt, poem 17. (3-1-17) I include the number in the body of the thread because it's easier for me to see which one I've done and which one I'm posting :p.

RF... so nice of you to join me :). Hopefully we'll get a few more bold poets to try it over the holiday season.

I am not sure it is a matter of bold, but yes, it is nice to have company. Wish Calli would finish that NANAPONOAPOPO thing, (how far is she?) I miss her poems.

Thanks for explaining your numbering system, not that it matters, but I got lost back there a week or so ago. I think we are in different time zones or something, seems like you have more than one on one day, none on another and I was thinking -aw she has to start over :( but I think it must be a clock thing. Mine sometimes come up as Yesterday when I am writing Today, my computer is suffering jet lag and I think you need a spreadsheet :)

I am thinking of starting a new system, something more tennis-like.... I like the whole scoring with Love, and figure it does not matter how many times I tried and got distracted by um, life :heart:

how does one go about scoring poems written on the same day? I think this was covered before.

Last edited:
Tzara said:
Unfortunately, I have a major presentation I have to give next week that was dropped on me at the last minute and I've been working throughout the holiday with no time for poems. (Somehow, "XML, it's plain to see / forms a lovely fricasee / of intersystem repartee" is even below my notoriously simpleminded standard.)

But I have been reading and enjoying yours and, up until yesterday, Anna's efforts.

ha, I do not think there is a single topic you couldn't fit into a poem, Mr. Periodic Table of the Elements :)

Thanks for sticking with the thread even when you are elsewhere :)

Hey I just realized that I already finished the 30 poems in 30 days challenge the first time around pshew! I thought I never made it!!!! Oh the pressure is off. :cathappy:

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
I am not sure it is a matter of bold, but yes, it is nice to have company. Wish Calli would finish that NANAPONOAPOPO thing, (how far is she?) I miss her poems.

Thanks for explaining your numbering system, not that it matters, but I got lost back there a week or so ago. I think we are in different time zones or something, seems like you have more than one on one day, none on another and I was thinking -aw she has to start over :( but I think it must be a clock thing. Mine sometimes come up as Yesterday when I am writing Today, my computer is suffering jet lag and I think you need a spreadsheet :)

I am thinking of starting a new system, something more tennis-like.... I like the whole scoring with Love, and figure it does not matter how many times I tried and got distracted by um, life :heart:

how does one go about scoring poems written on the same day? I think this was covered before.
:p a love of your life is a love worth living? ;)...

I'm in Mountain zone, 2 hours earlier than Eastern.. so sometimes I put one up at 6:30 am and sometimes 11:30 pm. That's a bit of gap and I can see where it might look as if I'm late or too early with the next, but I'm still inside the 24 hour time period.

It's all for fun and cheating with the numbering of these poems would be like faking orgasm when you're masturbating... or cheating at solitaire... or pretending to read a book...

Pretty nonsensical and not very pleasing :p.

I simply denote the extra poems on a particular day with a letter. Most of the time I just put them in a different thread.

Last edited:
anna, I love your love poems.

Good luck on the run of 30 to you and RF. Your poems are wonderful.

annaswirls said:
I think about you often

silver roses on my dresser
twisted in the shape of my wrist
a ring rubbed callus on my palm

my sister asked about the green ladies
in my bedroom. I did not stutter
as I spoke your name

I pointed out your poetry
to my husband. I told you
I would always love you and I do

the further away I hold you
the more clearly I see you
and the more clearly you see me
how I wanted to be painted

the ladder from our hayloft
climbs up to her impossible thighs
baby it is easy to get models
you told me
I don't want a model
but there they are
fallen into the spaces I used to occupy
see how they pose up perfect
your fingerprints barely visible
under the green patina glazing
why I decided to breathe without you listening
is a mystery
someone stop me good god I want you back

This is heartfelt and very verrry evocative !!

I had to follow that my friends, :eek: is it any wonder I went with Christmas lights after dark? Outgunned and so knowing it ... but loving the flavor ~

:rose:

Hey, RF!

I thought this:
I knew a very shy girl. The gang
she hung out with spoke of boys
kissing and sex. She blushingly
stammered,
but what is an orgasm?​
was quite good. You need a comma (in my opinion, of course) after "boys".

Real life. Been there (th'other sex, of course, but same thing).

I liked this one at lot. :rose:

RhymeFairy said:
This is heartfelt and very verrry evocative !!

I had to follow that my friends, :eek: is it any wonder I went with Christmas lights after dark? Outgunned and so knowing it ... but loving the flavor ~

Thank you Fairy! So kind, but outgunned is not accurate. We all have our share of bullets, and god knows I mainly shoot blanks. Thanks for letting me know I hit the target on this one :)

Tzara said:
Hey, RF!

I thought this:
I knew a very shy girl. The gang
she hung out with spoke of boys
kissing and sex. She blushingly
stammered,
but what is an orgasm?​
was quite good. You need a comma (in my opinion, of course) after "boys".

Real life. Been there (th'other sex, of course, but same thing).

I liked this one at lot. :rose:

that RF girl's poetry is gettin' better day by day.

that's what i say.

Hey I like it! Gave me a big smile :) Glad you are working on keeping yourself waterproof-- sometimes it helps to remember that just about everyone at one time or another is going to be (or be perceived as) the carp.... and even Jemima's got a chloaca :)

:cathappy:

champagne1982 said:
3-1-21

The November Lament of Jemima Puddleduck

I'm tired of keeping my feathers oiled
so that all of the murky water
can slide from my slippery back
and be swallowed
in the shallows of the fish pond
where I swim. Yet the carp still
jet their dirty exhalations
free of the muddy bottom where
they lurk amidst the leavings
of their dinner and the products
of my digestion. I think I'll swim
away and preen my feathers,
warm and dry and ready
for a new puddle squirt battle

annaswirls said:
Hey I like it! Gave me a big smile :) Glad you are working on keeping yourself waterproof-- sometimes it helps to remember that just about everyone at one time or another is going to be (or be perceived as) the carp.... and even Jemima's got a chloaca :)

:cathappy:
Where in God's green Earth did you learn about fowl ;) chloaca? I had to google to figure out what you were talking about ... So, if the pussy is a chicken is it really chloaca?

champagne1982 said:
Where in God's green Earth did you learn about fowl ;) chloaca? I had to google to figure out what you were talking about ... So, if the pussy is a chicken is it really chloaca?

oh my goodness, I have no idea what a chloaca would be if a chicken were a pussy! I might lose sleep!

um I studied biology in a previous life
endoplasmic reticula now there is a good word

chloaca is one of the ugliest words in the history of human language :)
interestingly enough, guano is close behind.

and close to the behind.
and thank god the thread police don't read this thread or surely we would be spanked and called idiots.

:)

you know, having this in common makes me feel so much closer to all of the ignorant slut bitches around here, we should thank him or something. :heart:

annaswirls said:
oh my goodness, I have no idea what a chloaca would be if a chicken were a pussy! I might lose sleep!

and close to the behind.
and thank god the thread police don't read this thread or surely we would be spanked and called idiots.

you know, having this in common makes me feel so much closer to all of the ignorant slut bitches around here, we should thank him or something. :heart:
I'm still not posting a pussy avatar :cathappy:

annaswirls said:

and close to the behind.

Don't let the fatal attraction kill you yet.

I'd prefer to watch you go slowly.

best,
andy

I was helping my daughter with her 50 states homework and kept getting email alerts to this thread. :D
I thought, oh man someone has written something awesome, or we have a boatload of poets jumping on the ship to write with us ...

:rolleyes:

back to the drawingboard ~~ peace

oh god help me I think I love you even more.

:heart: :kiss: :heart:

Cub4ucme said:
Don't let the fatal attraction kill you yet.

I'd prefer to watch you go slowly.

best,
andy

ha! it is just us idiots policemen bitches and pussies wasting our time....

hey I just got a poem in AntiMuse, I am really psyched. I have been rejected by them at least once before, figured I would give it a go. It is a literotica workshopped poem. The ignorance must be spreading.

watch out.

RhymeFairy said:
I was helping my daughter with her 50 states homework and kept getting email alerts to this thread. :D
I thought, oh man someone has written something awesome, or we have a boatload of poets jumping on the ship to write with us ...

:rolleyes:

back to the drawingboard ~~ peace

champagne1982 said:
Just givin' a hollah hey to TT2U2 :) .... welcome!

And a shout back to you champers... thought I'd give December a run...leave myself New Year's Eve to celebrate....
plus it's easy to remember where you are when you start on the 1st...heh heh

You're on the home stretch hun...and I'm enjoying lots of your work...loved the snowflake one! I was thinking of something along those lines but you beat me to the punch... :D

Regardless of what I may have said about panty-drawer-poetry (TT2U can use his sock drawer, but I hear T-zed has a pair or 2 of panties in his own. Or was that Tath?) you poets are turning out some great quality, even though we all know some/all will need editing. That thought aside, you are doing great.

Tess, I thought we were going to have your company for a month, but it was lovely to have it for the moment. It's not a bad poem at all, you could have left it :p up.

anna I love your love count ;).

Back