Life Is Beautiful

Perhaps. Darkness wraps, and drains, and you have to choose between crawling out with no hope, a lantern to see in full daylight, or staying in there with lies and things which are "beautiful", to die.

Sometimes it's the letting go of hope that finally allows us to see the beauty that already exists. My baby sister is still teaching me that lesson.

Uplifting thread Trix. No time to read all just now, but I shall in due course.

Life ought not be all doom and gloom.

:rose:

Sometimes it's the letting go of hope that finally allows us to see the beauty that already exists. My baby sister is still teaching me that lesson.

Which brings us to what butters said at the beginning, about bemoaning. Accepting and ignoring are completely different things. One is making the most of what you have and another is self-delusion. And there is another ugly thing: acceptance of what you have, when that is close to nothing.

I look forward to your take on the theme but to me it's more about finding the beauty in the negatives as much as the positives. How the totality of life is beautiful.

Thanks for the nod. It was a quick and dirty one. Don't know yet if I'm going to edit or let it stand.

Let it stand. It's so...perfect. I live by the silver lining. I drive friends, family and co-workers crazy with it. But there is ALWAYS a silver lining. You just have to have the ability to step back, let the haze clear and look. Sometimes you have to cock your head to the side, sometimes turn and look offer your shoulder, sometimes look ahead to tomorrow. But there IS a tomorrow...and another breath, another scent or taste or thought in your head. When adversity strikes be diverse...it's way more fun.

Which brings us to what butters said at the beginning, about bemoaning. Accepting and ignoring are completely different things. One is making the most of what you have and another is self-delusion. And there is another ugly thing: acceptance of what you have, when that is close to nothing.

Ugh! I want to peek inside your mind. I want the whys, the thought process. You seem to be saying that acceptance of a bad situation is giving up, refusing to strive for more. And I think those are two very different things. Acceptance brings peace, giving up or refusing to strive do not.

LOL I just realized I'm jacking my own thread. Ok, back to Beauty...

Let it stand. It's so...perfect. I live by the silver lining. I drive friends, family and co-workers crazy with it. But there is ALWAYS a silver lining. You just have to have the ability to step back, let the haze clear and look. Sometimes you have to cock your head to the side, sometimes turn and look offer your shoulder, sometimes look ahead to tomorrow. But there IS a tomorrow...and another breath, another scent or taste or thought in your head. When adversity strikes be diverse...it's way more fun.

Now that's beautiful, and soooo not me. I'm at peace with many things that used to trouble me, but there are still many things that I will only see the beauty in through hindsight.

Trix, i put the quill aside, and sealed the ink some time ago. So don't encourage the madman.
The corner of proctor and frye is in peoria. We've all been there.
It's where the grocery store is that Fogleberg spoke of in "another auld lang syne"
That's where my mind lives.
Remembering moments.
What was, what might've been, perhaps could be. Chance happenings, lightning, magic.
Reflection and dreams.
LadyVer~have you been copying from my paper? I'm glad you're out in the fresh air.
Tsotha~i visit that neighborhood often, but we mustn't live there.
There's no hope or vision on that dead end street.
I'm beaten down, but not defeated.

Holy Bejeebers, Trix!
It just hit me that i'm steering your lovely thread toward group therapy.
How many of us can fit on this couch?
Sorry, gonna go quiet.
And Fogelberg! "she married her an architect"
Really? Really, Dan?
When did peoria move to alabama?
....The snow turned into rain

Holy Bejeebers, Trix!
It just hit me that i'm steering your lovely thread toward group therapy.
How many of us can fit on this couch?
Sorry, gonna go quiet.
And Fogelberg! "she married her an architect"
Really? Really, Dan?
When did peoria move to alabama?
....The snow turned into rain

Dang it! I love that song, I just played it a few nights ago when listening to my melancholy play list.

I'd begun matching posters with characters from Winnie the Pooh. So I guess that makes this the 100 acre woods. Can you imagine a group therapy session involving those characters? Somebody more talented that me needs to write that. I'm piglet by the way and who could you be but Eeyore? Shhh, don't tell, he's my favorite. ;)

Hey! Hold your panties, Trix!
Eeyore is always miserable.
I can bounce on my tail
How bout Roo? No, wait, his ol lady's always nagging on him.
I'll be a pack rat
Oh, it was a blustery day!

I'm too busy to play anyway, pooh.
I'm over at "bush or no bush"
It's a very involved study that requires expert evaluation.

Hey! Hold your panties, Trix!
Eeyore is always miserable.
I can bounce on my tail
How bout Roo? No, wait, his ol lady's always nagging on him.
I'll be a pack rat
Oh, it was a blustery day!

LOL, but I'm not wearing panties? And keep your binoculars to yourself you pack rat...

Not my intention, either. I was just curious about the "beauty in negatives" thing.

I think there is.

6a0120a5c8d9a9970c01538f871335970b-400wi

(Hope you don't mind some non-poem art Ms. Trix).

I think there is.

6a0120a5c8d9a9970c01538f871335970b-400wi

(Hope you don't mind some non-poem art Ms. Trix).

Is that a dead flower? I should create another thread, to stop leading this one astray. Except I'm not up to the task. Oh well. What was the word Trix used? "Rankled"? :D

Is that a dead flower? I should create another thread, to stop leading this one astray. Except I'm not up to the task. Oh well. What was the word Trix used? "Rankled"? :D

If you're not up to the task then just wank-le on through, don't mind if we watch do ya?

Back