It has its lovely interludes
But there's usually
a mess to be cleaned up.
Things to be put away or re-ordered

Then the look comes into play
Its sense of satisfaction...
Of promise..
Of more to come.

This is in response to toubab's comment about a song lyric. The song is Tracy Chapman's At This Point In My Life and the lyrics are "I'd like to live as if only love mattered. As if redemption was in sight." toubab said he'd tried that and it didn't work out too well. I was a bit flabbergasted. Life doesn't "work out" it just IS. And it's beautiful in all its aspects, the messy and the divine.

How do YOU see the beauty of life?

It's beautiful in that
just been fucked way.
Disheveled and sweaty.
Smelling of salt, tang and pong.

It has its lovely interludes
But there's usually
a mess to be cleaned up.
Things to be put away or re-ordered

Then the look comes into play
Its sense of satisfaction...
Of promise..
Of more to come.

This is in response to toubab's comment about a song lyric. The song is Tracy Chapman's At This Point In My Life and the lyrics are "I'd like to live as if only love mattered. As if redemption was in sight." toubab said he'd tried that and it didn't work out too well. I was a bit flabbergasted. Life doesn't "work out" it just IS. And it's beautiful in all its aspects, the messy and the divine.

How do YOU see the beauty of life?

what a lovely idea for a thread. embrace the positives every chance you get!

enjoyed your write, too *nods*
if you spend all your time listing and bemoaning the negatives in life, life will evaporate before you know it, no time left to experience happiness.

i'll come back to this and add a write later. thanks again. :rose:

what a lovely idea for a thread. embrace the positives every chance you get!

enjoyed your write, too *nods*
if you spend all your time listing and bemoaning the negatives in life, life will evaporate before you know it, no time left to experience happiness.

i'll come back to this and add a write later. thanks again. :rose:

I look forward to your take on the theme but to me it's more about finding the beauty in the negatives as much as the positives. How the totality of life is beautiful.

Thanks for the nod. It was a quick and dirty one. Don't know yet if I'm going to edit or let it stand.

I look forward to your take on the theme but to me it's more about finding the beauty in the negatives as much as the positives. How the totality of life is beautiful.

Thanks for the nod. It was a quick and dirty one. Don't know yet if I'm going to edit or let it stand.

If you edit it, I hope you'll let the first version stand, and post any edited versions separately.

And it's been very interesting discussing things with you.

If you edit it, I hope you'll let the first version stand, and post any edited versions separately.

And it's been very interesting discussing things with you.

What a lovely things to say. Thank you! I've enjoyed your favorite song thread and the discussions there as well. Good music is poetic and stirring so it's appropriate that a favorite song thread inspired a thread on poems about how life is beautiful.

What a lovely things to say. Thank you! I've enjoyed your favorite song thread and the discussions there as well. Good music is poetic and stirring so it's appropriate that a favorite song thread inspired a thread on poems about how life is beautiful.

It's been my pleasure.

Beauty isn't just skin deep
there's more hidden below
the dust and wrinkles
time sprinkles over everything.
When you glimpse it
it's like finding a lost ring
you'd thought was gone
forever and sorrow gets lifted
from its nest around
your heart. It beats again
while you fill your lungs
with delicious air that tastes
as if you've got it all.

What I remember of
the summer of '75
is crying inconsolably
during every thunderstorm.
I loved the rain
especially for
dancing naked.
At the sound of the first drops
I'd strip down bare
and run for the door.
With a whoosh of glass
out I'd run
face to the sky.
Arms outstretched
spinning in wobbly circles
until I fell
unto the wet grass.
I would make rain angels
that only I could see.
When I tired of playing with angels
I would run up and down the courtyard
ears straining for music
to which I would
shake my tiny naked booty.
But oh!
How my heart broke
when I heard a rumble
before I could make it to the door.
For I knew
I would find it locked,
barring me from my play.
I staunchly refused to believe
The lights and drums
dancing in the sky
were a danger sign.
They appeared to me
as an invitation.
Nearly 40 years later
I am the one
who locks the door.

True story. At least my little one doesn't keen and wail, face against the glass like I did. She also doesn't understand why mommy can't get naked too when we do play in the rain.

Nor do i understand.
Let gravity giggle
At the layers of learned propriety
shed, in a moment
of lost innocence reclaimed.
And quickly, too
lest she bury her own dance
beside the grave of your own,
before her music stops playing.

My own memories of '75 are not so lovely, but still, i miss the dance.

Nor do i understand.
Let gravity giggle
At the layers of learned propriety
shed, in a moment
of lost innocence reclaimed.
And quickly, too
lest she bury her own dance
beside the grave of your own,
before her music stops playing.

My own memories of '75 are not so lovely, but still, i miss the dance.

I love your "let gravity giggle" line. And it's not for want that I don't dance naked in the rain any more. Maybe one day when we get our little plot of land...
I'm pretty accepting of myself, here this says it best...

https://www.literotica.com/p/the-first-blush-of-middle-age

Hey! Thanks for the link, Trix. That was beautiful.
I think what i wrote earlier, i actually meant for myself. I just tossed my saddle on your pony, as it seemed to be goin in my direction anyway.
I've lost much through the journey, and though i search, reach, yearn~it seems always just beyond.
Playing naked in the rain simply reminded me. But hey, your butt being able to keep others warm now aint so bad.
Ha!

Beauty in the negatives?

Yes, the absences. The things you didn't realize we're beautiful until they were gone. Celebrating the memories rather than mourning the loss.

Check the link below for an example of celebrating the beauty in the negatives.

Hey! Thanks for the link, Trix. That was beautiful.
I think what i wrote earlier, i actually meant for myself. I just tossed my saddle on your pony, as it seemed to be goin in my direction anyway.
I've lost much through the journey, and though i search, reach, yearn~it seems always just beyond.
Playing naked in the rain simply reminded me. But hey, your butt being able to keep others warm now aint so bad.
Ha!

I can usually be found up on some high horse, but I'm tiny so there's plenty of room :D
I think most poetry is meant for ourselves, we who share it are just looking to connect with other people. To crack open window that we hope people will push open and climb through.
We've all lost. Friends, lovers, loved ones, pieces of ourselves. To me poetry is how I recoup those losses. So you are more than welcome here.
And thanks for your kind comment about First Blush.

Hmmm....

I can usually be found up on some high horse, but I'm tiny so there's plenty of room :D
I think most poetry is meant for ourselves, we who share it are just looking to connect with other people. To crack open window that we hope people will push open and climb through.
We've all lost. Friends, lovers, loved ones, pieces of ourselves. To me poetry is how I recoup those losses. So you are more than welcome here.
And thanks for your kind comment about First Blush.

I've had this discussion before, to no resolve. All i know, is it keeps me from going crazy, thinking i am the only one with crazy questions and crazier answers. It reassures me to know there are others.
I pretend a straight life every day, paying bills, bitchin, laughing at jokes i never hear. But in my mind, i'm forever stranded~suspended, at the corner of proctor and frye.
(that's a riddle)

I've had this discussion before, to no resolve. All i know, is it keeps me from going crazy, thinking i am the only one with crazy questions and crazier answers. It reassures me to know there are others.
I pretend a straight life every day, paying bills, bitchin, laughing at jokes i never hear. But in my mind, i'm forever stranded~suspended, at the corner of proctor and frye.
(that's a riddle)

Futurama reference? LOL. Give it to us in a poem.

Yes, the absences. The things you didn't realize we're beautiful until they were gone. Celebrating the memories rather than mourning the loss.

Check the link below for an example of celebrating the beauty in the negatives.

Ah. Your definition of something negative is different than mine.

Lovely thread.

I have the poet's soul.
You know, the voice that whispers about heart, life, and love.
Of longing, of beginnings, middles, and ends. Of roads not taken. Of mistakes made.
Of loneliness that needs another heart to hear it, a soul to share it.
Another heart that thrums to the beat of the dance.

But the writer in me, the poet, has been broken too many times. And the poet within may never be freed.

And maybe, just maybe, some day, I'll dance again and remember the freedom I once had before life took its toll.

~LadyVer
at 60.

I recently turned 60. At times I feel 100. But there's a 14-year-old running around inside me. :) I've just outed myself. The way I see it, I don't have much to lose.

Again, lovely thread.

:rose:

Lovely thread.

I have the poet's soul.
You know, the voice that whispers about heart, life, and love.
Of longing, of beginnings, middles, and ends. Of roads not taken. Of mistakes made.
Of loneliness that needs another heart to hear it, a soul to share it.
Another heart that thrums to the beat of the dance.

But the writer in me, the poet, has been broken too many times. And the poet within may never be freed.

And maybe, just maybe, some day, I'll dance again and remember the freedom I once had before life took its toll.

~LadyVer
at 60.

I recently turned 60. At times I feel 100. But there's a 14-year-old running around inside me. :) I've just outed myself. The way I see it, I don't have much to lose.

Again, lovely thread.

I like your inner poet. Make sure you lock the closet door behind her so she can't go back into hiding. And I so love your "voice that whispers" I've always used the term whisperer rather than muse. I hope you can reconnect with that feeling of freedom again, I did over the past few years so I know it's possible.

Ok, now I want to know your definition...

Things which cannot be celebrated. Things which are ugly and cannot be changed. Fighting a losing battle and having no hope, or worse, no hope for gaining hope. Having nothing beautiful to lose, or worse, to gain. Losing something beautiful. Being trapped in a situation which cannot be improved. Being trapped inside a situation which is ugly, but you have no perspective or strength to free yourself. Too many things to list.

Heh, I guess I'm the Grinch in this thread, now. :cool:

I like your inner poet. Make sure you lock the closet door behind her so she can't go back into hiding. And I so love your "voice that whispers" I've always used the term whisperer rather than muse. I hope you can reconnect with that feeling of freedom again, I did over the past few years so I know it's possible.

Thank you.

Things which cannot be celebrated. Things which are ugly and cannot be changed. Fighting a losing battle and having no hope, or worse, no hope for gaining hope. Having nothing beautiful to lose, or worse, to gain. Losing something beautiful. Being trapped in a situation which cannot be improved. Being trapped inside a situation which is ugly, but you have no perspective or strength to free yourself. Too many things to list.

Heh, I guess I'm the Grinch in this thread, now. :cool:

Even the Grinch was beautiful to Cindy-Lou Who.

No hope for gaining hope, that sounds a lot like this...
http://www.literotica.com/p/terminal-girls-last-words-to-hope

Back