Centaurs, anyone?

Throbbs,
Hello. Have missed you.

Looks like my original question and thoughts have somehow gotten lost in the shuffle, but you are so correct, whatever world is created should be plausible and believable.

An earlier poster came across the below, a lovely depiction of centaurs and centaurettes.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=32120396&postcount=10

thanks. Been around. posting in a few places.
Several people attempted to address your question, I think.


"an earlier poster" — like me?:D
 
I think my comments and 'rules' showed that an author can pick/invent whatever rules they want, not they are forced to abide by anyone else's rules. And then, yes, those rules should be applied consistently within the story.

I were (sic) a software engineer long ago. One of the areas I engineered involved simulations and AI, using PROLOG interpreters as rule-based AI engines. I built musical games and generators that depended on how user-entered or random factors interacted with the rule-sets. The 'universes' in which the games and simulations played out could and did vary widely. But their actions followed those rules, and they worked.

Writing fiction is a little trickier because readers' minds aren't as precise as AI engines. But still, for a fiction to 'work', it must abide by some rule-set. The rules may make zero sense outside the fictional universe, but that matters not. Human+centaur offspring (if any) can be kobolds or tortoise-people or Republicans for all I care. Just keep them consistent.
 
I'm currently writing a story that involves a centaur, after a fashion. It's not a major feature across the whole story, but it's in there.

And then there's this:
http://oglaf.com/heterogeneous/
which kind of points out by way of a joke the inherent issues with involving a centaur in a porn story.
 
QZPdZQnsbqqqoxjadvAgqezKo1_500.jpg
 
I think that what interests me is the connection between the instinctual (horse) and the more conscious (human). Also, I'm intrigued by the fact that centaurs seem to fit so poorly into most human environments yet there should be some connections with beings that are part human. There are also issues of differing cultures to explore. Do centaurs have architecture? What do they eat? Did centaurs invent the green salad? Also, I will not deny that I find centaurs to be very sexually stimulating. So much to learn, to imagine, to share.....

I have written something similar with Pan type characters. I have always like mythology and the ideas behind mythical beasts. I would be interested in what you write regarding these creatures :D

Don't let the nay-sayers put you off there is always someone who will get you and a grpup who will not and tell you so more loudly than those who like it, I am evidence of that. It's one of the reason i like this site so much :)
 
Back
Top