Archival Review

While you are at it, check his comments, check the comments left on his that made the top list, there are about 20 names of mystery guests and a whole interesting history behind it.
Names that mysteriously have little or nothing attached, names that appear on one or two peoples poems only.
Far be it from me to cast dispersions on the sacred validity of voting around here.
Somewhere in the boneyard, someone mentioned it because he received them, THAT person was an honest man.
LeBroz was a wind sniffer.
Advise in your thread, you comment as to why it is good, a comment on some poems would be a little use to those no longer with us.

Bumped for UYS and because there's treasure in this thread.

Did anyone else mentally complete that with "dem dere hills?"

Glad you bumped I never did finish perusing this thread.

ETA: man, what a fantastic compilation this thread, as well as many of the newer pieces from poets who came after, would make.

I was perusing The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry today and damn if I wouldn't love to have a Lit version. It's just not the same looking at a screen as thumbing through well worn pages. You can't dogear or mark up a computer screen :(

Last edited:
Did anyone else mentally complete that with "dem dere hills?"

Glad you bumped I never did finish perusing this thread.

ETA: man, what a fantastic compilation this thread, as well as many of the newer pieces from poets who came after, would make.

I was perusing The Outlaw Bible of American Poetry today and damn if I wouldn't love to have a Lit version. It's just not the same looking at a screen as thumbing through well worn pages. You can't dogear or mark up a computer screen :(

Anyone who wants to add to this thread should do it! LeBroz, the Litster who kept it going for years has not been around the pobo for a long time, but even in its earliest days people added their own choices or comments. It would be great to keep it alive, with the only caveat being to get permission to post someone else's poem here. We didn't do that in the early days and you can see, as a result, a lot of old poems have been removed.

I know what you mean about books. I love my books, the way they smell and feel. But I do not like moving with them. After eagleyez died, I inherited his book collection. And it's a great collection, but you don't even want to know how many boxes of books (between mine and his) I had to move to my current home. :eek:

Bumping this for those members that missed out on some fabulous former poets that used to reside here. Love to them all wherever they are 'May the road rise up to meet you'. :heart:

While you are at it, check his comments, check the comments left on his that made the top list, there are about 20 names of mystery guests and a whole interesting history behind it.
Names that mysteriously have little or nothing attached, names that appear on one or two peoples poems only.
Far be it from me to cast dispersions on the sacred validity of voting around here.
Somewhere in the boneyard, someone mentioned it because he received them, THAT person was an honest man.
LeBroz was a wind sniffer.
Advise in your thread, you comment as to why it is good, a comment on some poems would be a little use to those no longer with us.
Miss you Twelve O. Thanks for the honest comments on mine and others.

Back