The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Valentine's Day Contest Support Thread

Since Christmas decorations seem to appear even before Halloween, it is perhaps only fitting that before Christmas -- before winter, even -- we start thinking hearts, cupids, and Valentine's Day. Because the Literotica Valentine's Day* contest waits for no one!

Come one, come all for support -- moral and otherwise, although hey, that's between you guys.

Arrows Aweigh!

-----
* This is the only official contest. Beware of fake contests.

I swore I'd never do a contest submission, but I may have a story for Valentine's Day. Depends what my beta reader thinks.

You're all welcome to make fun of me if I do join the madness. Otherwise I'll still be wishing you luck.
 
Last edited:
Question:

Could there ever be legal issues over posting a story here on Lit?

For instance, what if I wrote a story about a Mayor named John Smith, who does horrible things. As it turns out, there's actually a mayor named John Smith.

Will that lead to any problems?


I once wrote a celebrity piece about a fairly well known celebrity but only used the nick name he is known by in this country, it had strong non-consent overtones. It was rejected on the basis that they did not publish celebrity stories that showed real people in a bad light.

I changed the names and submitted in another category, shrugs.

My Valentine's one is finally finished. Good luck in teh competition everyone :)
 
Oops, went over Lit's title length limit. That's annoying. "The High-School Sweetheart Removal Agency" is just to good to pass up for an Anti-Valentine's Day story. :)
 
Oops

Finally finished one of about twelve started, proofed, submitted and then realized I was so tired and dopey that I forgot it was only the nineteenth. DANG IT!
 
Contest starts tomorrow. Anyone submitting yet?

I'm submitting a Brother/Sister story for Wednesday.
 
I'm never going to finish this. Why must I have to do real work?? (Insert drama here)
 
Contest starts tomorrow. Anyone submitting yet?

I'm submitting a Brother/Sister story for Wednesday.

If you've already submitted it for the contest, it likely will post tomorrow. (If the contest indeed kicks off tomorrow, as scheduled.)
 
Contest starts tomorrow. Anyone submitting yet?

I'm submitting a Brother/Sister story for Wednesday.

I'm in! Hit the submit button a few minutes ago. I Don't expect a lot of reads seeing it's non-erotic and no sex. I did enjoy writing it. The best to all who enter.
With Respect
DG
 
I'm in with a Lesbian Sex story that should be a fun read. I don't know if I'm eligible to win (won 2nd in the Summer Lovin) or not, but I don't really care.

Well, I do care a bit...


Anyway... I'm just glad to have this story posted in a valentine's contest. I wrote it for last years but had so much to do with my first entry I didn't have the time. This one just came to me with only a few days left to post.

As is I've had a lot of help with editing and proof reading so it's a much better story than it would have been.

Hope it's enjoyable.
 
And here we go. I have one claimed to have posted, although not yet on the New or Category listing. But, we're off.
 
Yay.

The one I've submitted so far was accepted.

Now, if I can just get the one I'm working on cleaned up to submit as well.
 
My Muses have been awkward.

The Valentine's Day stories are stalled but now they've given me a plot bunny for Earth Day. :rolleyes:

Today should be the last day that the winners of the Winter Holidays contest appear on the front page of Literotica. Winning that contest has attracted far more interest, votes and trolls for my other stories, including PCs and Feedback on my stories even for some 10 or more years old. A few long-standing Hs have been lost, but the PCs and Feedback have been welcome - most of the time.

If you are thinking whether to enter a contest or not, remember that your entry and your other stories are likely to be more noticed than at other times. If you are not posting on Literotica for other people to see, why are you posting?

Some of the exposure might lead to low votes and unpleasant comments, but infamy is nearly as rewarding as fame. ;)
 
Why don't you go ahead and edit it now. It's only been released today.

And speaking of that, authors might check their comments right away. Another spammer is busy in slapping a "visit my web site" comment on today's stories.
 
Do you ever get the sensation when you are reading comments on your story that the reader didn't realize she/he was reading on an erotica story site? :eek:
 
I submitted an edit. I don't know if it's allowed to edit a story while the contest is under way. I guess I'll find out.

Yes, authors have gotten away with editing/correcting their stories during the contest. In a real contest it wouldn't fly, but your case isn't the same, or as problematical, as what some have done here and been allowed to do. You've discovered by yourself that a wrong version was sent and have done so right at the beginning of the contest. (I've coordinated contests where authors substituted before the story went to the judges, and that was fine--your case is just a little worse than that). Others here have gotten away with rewriting their stories on the basis of feedback comment--and their stories weren't bounced from the contest. This I think is unfair to the other contestants, but it's been permitted here and there's nothing in the rules saying it couldn't be done.
 
Back
Top