Musketeer Immortal (closed)

Her name is Katerina. Sweet girl. That guard looks foreign to Europe.oh and that vile Lord Damons arrive t rat. The poor girl seems to be more scared of him than that guard. He does appear most angry that guard however it simply appears to be his face.

She chuckled as she sat down to rest.
 
"Katerina"

He took a sip of the cold cognac and nodded.

"Pretty name. Fits the person."

He made the cognac swirl inside the glass again.

"I would have to challenge her guard. But not now. There is still something I need to know before I do that."
 
How old he really is?

She smiled watching his reaction to learning the young woman's name.

I would also venture that getting the poor girl away from that rat Lord Damons is also plotting in that mind. I will leave you to ponder it unless you wish to talk more. I was thinking duck would be nice for dinner tonight.
 
"Duck with cauliflower and that secret recipe sweet potato that you make."

He sucked on his lower lip for a moment, "She will need to be freed from Deimos, but I will need help and Katerina told me that they will come once her guard is dead."

He took another sip and then nodded, "I will cast the challenge tomorrow. The sooner they get her, the faster we can stop Deimos' plans."
 
She nodded and kissed her wards forehead.

It will be good to have all of my boys under one roof once more.

With that she hobbled off to cook.
 
He watched Celeste leave and turned his attention back to preparing.

Many people thought that fighting with a sword is easy, even though he had been trained by the best, had a natural affinity for the blade and had ended a good share of lives, he still found that if you knew that you were going to need to use your blade after not having used it for some time, it was always good to clear your mind. Drink didn't help with that, though being with a woman did, it was strange how it worked for him, but that was just how life is. Different for everybody.

He thought about going out and finding Madame le-Croiux, even though she were engaged, it didn't prevent her from sampling on the side and he always gave her just what she needed. He smiled at the thought, but decided against it, for some strange reason he would not be going out that night. He wasn't sure what made him decide that, he just felt that it was the best thing to do.

He sipped at his glass, but the cognac was done and he could smell the freshly baked duck. He grinned.

Time waited for no man.
 
The next afternoon Katarina sat among the silent horses and waited. She had done her best to hide any bruises or other marks revealing the cruelty of Lord Damons to Porthos.
 
Porthos arrived not too long after her, he had made certain that he wasn't followed and had made certain that she wasn't followed. He found her sitting on one of the carousel ponies, he could see the added precautions to hide something from his gaze, even though she still appeared breath taking.

"Are you safe here? He won't follow you here?"

He asked a tinge on concern for her in his voice.

"He does not like this old park he finds no use for it so to get away for a little bit I come here."

She sat on the old carousel pony and watched him carefully her head ducked down slightly as she smiled.

That smile warmed his heart and for a man of his experience and age, he realized that even though this was only their second meeting, he was falling in love. He cleared his throat and withdrew the makings of one of his cigarettes, anything to not let her see what he thought.
 
There are very kind neighbors in this little corner of Paris... Or perhaps well meaning unsuspected spies delivering food and so many desserts.

She watched him as if suspecting that the old woman had been sent by him.
 
"If you are referring to Celeste, she is a kind hearted woman. She did of course ask questions as that is how she is. Old for a mortal yet still a young woman at heart."

He looked up at her after finishing the cigarette, "And willful, she always does what she wants to."

He smiled, "At least I now know your name, which is a good thing."
 
She nodded to him and smiled.

Send our thanks to her again and to forgive Lord Damons tone he... was... overly tired.
 
He moved closer, almost within touching distance, "I doubt there is much to forgive due to external influences."

He took one step closer, which placed him close to her, his hand reached up and brushed the hair from her neck.

"I know mistreatment when I see it."
 
She looked away with a wince.

It... It's nothing.

She sounded almost fearful as she slowly looked to him biting her lip.
 
He rested his hand on her cheek, his thumb slowly brushing the soft skin.

"There is more than just this one."

He was now standing so close that his body lightly pressed against her legs.

"But if you wish to defend him, I will not stop you."

He smiled slightly, "Just know that a beauty like your own does not deserve such treatment."
 
She recoiled a little at his touch and closeness but when he spoke of more she nodded.

I... I have no way to leave. The warrior who can not die is part of his power to as he has said protect me from others who would use my powers to reopen the great war.
 
He took in the smell of her as he stood so near, her words not lost on him as he slowly used his hand to stroke the silky soft tresses of her hair.

"Then with the guard gone, his hold will be weakened. You will be one step closer to your liberty."
 
She fought hard against her well ingrained fear and not putting distance between them.

The one who can not die... He can sense when I have used my magic.
 
"He can feel it?"

He frowned, "Like he feel other of his kind or is there a difference?"

He could see in her eyes how badly she wished to get away from him, but he also knew that it wasn't personal. He knew it had to come from this Lord Deimos
 
I... I don't know. He just told Lord Damons he could sense it.

Perhaps more for her own mind than for him she added.

Athos said his brothers would never cause harm.

She bit hard at her lower lip as she watched his eyes and face.
 
"Well there is only one way to test that. But only if you wish to do so."

He smiled

"Unless you have already used it by making the music play yesterday."
 
Yes I did but that was nothing really

She hopped down and moved to a horse overgrown with vines and placing her hands on the vines they seemed to withdraw from the horse slowly as her lips moved in silence.
 
Even without him seeing the vines slowly retracting, he got that buzz. The one that indicated that another Immortal was nearby. When she finished with her demonstration, the feeling stopped, that at least meant that her guard was not nearby, but that he had felt her use her magic.

He looked at her for a few moments, "I felt that. It's like when another Immortal is near."
 
She froze for a moment as if a realization just hit her.

You will seek to fight him. No... I will not see any of you slain by him. You cannot...

She was shaking.
 
He gave her a lopsided grin

"We have no choice, that is the rules of the Game. When you realize that another Immortal is nearby, you will have to fight each other. There were no other in Paris and now, there is one. In time we will have to find and fight each other, that is the way of the life we live."
 
She bit her lip but nodded.

I...I understand.
 
Back
Top