New OOC 'Rebuild'

Iscaa and I have been brainstorming about a nice hotel the Knights could relocate to ...

Elaborated thoughts:

1. find the hotel, see if it is inhabited, if yes (probably some guests survived, some staff, or others found refuge there already. We will make it a very small group though, ten, or twelve?), form an alliance (bribe them with our food, med supplies, Cramer's farming abilities, the produce on his farm, whatever), secure it.
2. The 'discoverers' stay there, and 'phone home' for a group to make it zombie proof.
3. Organize the big move.
4. organize some big ass machines to build walls around it.

Now that hotel, designed way back for the upper-ten, has a fence around the perimeter of the park and lawns that surround it.

We will build an earth wall with a metal kern (cars) about forty meters outward from the fence, star shaped: first defense ring.
The fence, with a moat (the earth from the moat will be used for the earth wall) in front of it, drawbridges behind the entrances (main, and delivery): second defense ring.
A wall (again with a metal kern, star shaped), around the hotel itself, with a round moat in front of it: main defense ring. This wall and the moat will be the first that will be build.

Before that though, all ground level (high in the souterain) windows will be barricaded.

I am thinking of a really old hotel, with a souterain where the kitchen, the swimming-pool, sauna and all other facilities like laundry room, offices, staff dining room etc. are located. A cellar (wine, food, storage) under the souterain.

Restaurant/café, dining room, ballroom, lobby, reception, bar and restrooms on the first floor, about a meter and a half above ground level; main entrance has stairs, as have the terraces in front of the dining room and the ballroom (under these are the kitchen, the staff dining room, small apartments for kitchen chef, manager, head of housekeeping, maybe four or five, now either used for staff or as offices...)

Second, third, fourth and fifth floor are guest rooms and suites.
Attic: forty bedrooms (shared by at least two (higher) staff members the normal staff members shared with two or three others in the old days) some bath and rest rooms and a sitting room for staff.
Roof: just a roof because it is not flat. A small widow's-walk all around the roof would be nice though ...

Thirty guest-rooms on the second, third and fourth floor each; ten two room and four three-room suites on the fifth floor.

Normal guest rooms: all furnished with a kingsize bed, two bed-tables, a desk, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, two loyd-chairs, a small coffee table or club-table, a fridge stocked with water, cola, seven-up, tonic, white wine; a cupboard with red whine, cognac, whisky and whiskey, glasses; a TV, a radio, some shelves and a full length mirror.
Bathroom: bath, shower, toilet, bidet, lavatory with mirror, two bathrobes, two sets of slippers, two big bath towels, two smaller ones, and two towels, wash clothes, basket with shampoo, shower lotion, body lotion, toothpaste, sewing kit and shoe polish (black, brown and colorless), a hairdryer.
A balcony with two lawn chairs and a table.

Suites: one (or two) bedroom(s) and bathroom as above (minus the fridge) plus: a small hall with an extra wardrobe, doors to bath, bed and sitting room. Sitting room: Sofa, two loyd-chairs, coffee table, commode, TV, radio, round dining table with four chairs, counter with coffee machine and electric kettle, cupboard as above plus several kinds of coffee and tea, sugar, cups and saucers; fridge, stocked as above plus coffee-cream.
Balcony: as above plus two chaise-longues.

Around the hotel: Park, lawns with flowerbeds, tennis court, swimming-pool.

Did I miss something? A fitness-room maybe?
They could have used some of the old staff rooms for that. Lets say they put it in the attic and used six of the staff rooms for it?

The cellar, souterain and first floor are build 'full' starting with the second floor the floors are build around a very big air shaft which allows all the rooms to have windows which either look out over the park, or down on a zen garden with a glass dome in the middle at the bottom of the air shaft which would be the roof of the restaurant/café since it is situated in the middle with no outside walls.

Corridors on the second, third, fourth and fifth floor have niches with windows to the air shaft, two in each wing, each with a small bookcase, four lounge chairs, a club table, or a small sofa, one lounge chair, club table and a bookcase.

The rooms on the air shaft side are a bit smaller, much more rectangular than those on the outside, but still as luxurious though.

Opinions?
 
It sounds like you have been to a hotel like that....and I think you have pretty much everything
covered.
OK...who wants to go there with me??? Cause I am moving out of the deep freeze and into a little
bit of heaven. lol
 
Cramer will always be the team player and do whatever's asked of him. What's a Souterain?
 
Biltmore is too over the top I feel an actual Hotel in Eugene Oregon should be used.

4747684_39_b.jpg


Thought this might help too. Cramer's farm house.

GG0212_Homeplace_03.jpg
 
Last edited:
Cramer will always be the team player and do whatever's asked of him. What's a Souterain?

A souterain is a kind of basement. Half or two thirds build below ground level, the rest is above, with small windows in it. The servant's/delivery entrance(s) would be reached by stairs or a ramp.

266px-HuisAerdt.jpg


At the left one sees the top half of the servant's entrance. The main entrance is in the middle.
 
Just keep Cramer up there on the roof, Deacon will find him as soon as the shower is done
 
I just realized, Deacon and Cramer are both huge guys. Heh! That makes the coment: "Hey big guy" Just that much more funnier as Deacon is taller than Cramer
 
I goofed a bit on timing, so I won't post until everyone is awake in the Knight.
 
Last edited:
We have a good RP'er named MzSeductress that wants to join us, I'm in The Outcasts with her and she would fit right in.
 
She's nice and very friendly too. She would like to write for Louise Smith, who was rescued from the Knights off limits area. I sent her links to the IC and OOC thread so she can see how we roll, I'll let Mz know you nice ladies gave her the A-OK. :D
 
Last edited:
Louise "Lulu" Smith

Name: Louise "Lulu" Smith
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Picture:

brown-hair-color-ideas-for-blue-eyes-clmsyzad.jpg


Appearance:
Height:5'7
Weight:125
Thin but physically fit

Personality: Sweet and Empathetic but Honest ;she cares for children after losing her niece and nephew to the zombies. She is a bit sad at times and keeps to herself not wanting to get close because she is scared theyll be lost like her family. She watches the toddler because he reminds her of her nephew and helps with the school children. She is very maternal even though she hasn't had kids of her own and fear she never will. She was a technology major and part time babysitter.

Background:
Born in Texas she had been the youngest child of her parents 4 kids. Her brothers the oldest being twins and her sister and her self being the lsdt two. She had cared for her sisters kids after she passed in a plane crash and raised them the best way she could. Her fiancee Michel and herself had raised them since they were basically babies and planned on adopting them as their own. They were on campus that day looking to join night classes together when the attack happened every one ran toward the library .Her fiance sacrificed himself for her.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER THE "GROUP"?
(Care &Protection for the children and others, technical help (lighting,internet,heat, care for the toddler. Being a southern belle she also knows how to shoot and catch things )

Nrpc:Toddler
Name: Frederique Duchateau
Age: 4
Gender:Male
Picture:
c7bfda26e5c290e4dab891b6ba99c964.jpg



HOW DO YOU SEE YOUR CHARACTER PROCEEDING FROM HERE OUT?
( Coping with the loss of her family and helping keep the kids safe, having list her family she wants to stay alive for them because they would want her to. She will eventually deal with her loss and become close with others.)

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SEXUAL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER CHARACTERS?
(Yes . Eventually Along the way she will once she copes. )

DID I MISS ANYTHING?
(Shes a bit sensitive, protective of the kids, she is straight, she is a tech geek, she likes to read and is a bit shy at times.

WRITER INFORMATION:
(Writing for fun. Here to write better. Umm I like to chat. My first zombie thread :))
 
Last edited:
Hi Everyone! Happy New Year.

Here is an idea for our new home (or additional home) away from the University of Oregon campus.

http://www.kingestate.com/

(check out interactive map! This should give all you writers lots of settings to work with …)


The place is great for growing food ... drink (wine) has honey ... solar farm, etc. Bad news is very little spaces to sleep and live.

So Dutchrain thought we could just add a castle to the property. See picture.
http://www.dupontcastle.com/dupon1m.jpg

The castle is opposite open end between the barrel rooms and the press/fermentation building. So that is closes that end completely. That would leave us only the open end above the restaurant to worry about.

There are three luxurious guests apartments in the upper building above the barrel rooms. And some more guest rooms above the restaurant and in the adjoining higher part of the fermentation building (about thirty?) Some offices on top of the fermentation halls.

That should give us enough rooms for everyone and some for new people, I think. Maybe we even could plan a swimming pool in a basement ...

Please post to the OOC if that is ok. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
We won't have to do as much work if the whole place is surrounded with an 9ft concrete wall.
 
Sounds good to me....will be writing tomorrow....and...can't wait til...we move out of the library.
Oh....can Derry...go to the armory too...with Cassie?
 
Back
Top