Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

I had a cream tea in a hotel this afternoon with my pensioners' group, starting with a tour of the historic hotel.

Where we were originally put for the cream tea was too hot for us, with the sun streaming through the glassed in terrace. The only waitress moved everything so that we could be cooler.

The scones were hotel baked and still warm from the oven.

It would have been a great afternoon but my Volvo's immobiliser malfunctioned again despite extensive diagnostic testing during the week - that found nothing wrong. The Automobile Association attended again, but this time they couldn't start it. We were expecting to be 'Relayed' home with the Volvo on the back of a flat bed truck.

But in the wait for the Relay vehicle I fiddled around with the door locking controls and the car started. I called the AA back, told them the car was running and please could they cancel the flat bed. We drove home.

But I would have liked some Literotica company for the cream tea. We had a pianist playing especially for us, great service from the waitress even if there was only one of her, and very good tea (or coffee).

Apart from the car malfunction, the downside was that I was the only person from our group of twenty to give the waitress a tip...

I would have tipped the pianist too, but she had packed up and gone home before we left.

During the tour of the hotel we were told about some famous guests of the past. The hotel ballroom was opened by King Edward VII who had the first dance with his wife, Queen Alexandra. He upset the company by starting the NEXT dance with his then mistress Mrs Keppel. He SHOULD have waited until the fourth or fifth dance before choosing to dance with his mistress!

Queen Alexandra was a very forgiving woman. At King Edward's deathbed he was attended by SEVEN of his mistresses, as well as the Queen. :rolleyes:

During the tour of the hotel we were told about some famous guests of the past. The hotel ballroom was opened by King Edward VII who had the first dance with his wife, Queen Alexandra. He upset the company by starting the NEXT dance with his then mistress Mrs Keppel. He SHOULD have waited until the fourth or fifth dance before choosing to dance with his mistress!

Queen Alexandra was a very forgiving woman. At King Edward's deathbed he was attended by SEVEN of his mistresses, as well as the Queen. :rolleyes:

I was going to post that maybe the fourth and fifth dances were saved for other mistresses, but then your next paragraph made that all the more likely.

I had a cream tea in a hotel this afternoon with my pensioners' group, starting with a tour of the historic hotel.

Where we were originally put for the cream tea was too hot for us, with the sun streaming through the glassed in terrace. The only waitress moved everything so that we could be cooler.

The scones were hotel baked and still warm from the oven.

It would have been a great afternoon but my Volvo's immobiliser malfunctioned again despite extensive diagnostic testing during the week - that found nothing wrong. The Automobile Association attended again, but this time they couldn't start it. We were expecting to be 'Relayed' home with the Volvo on the back of a flat bed truck.

But in the wait for the Relay vehicle I fiddled around with the door locking controls and the car started. I called the AA back, told them the car was running and please could they cancel the flat bed. We drove home.

But I would have liked some Literotica company for the cream tea. We had a pianist playing especially for us, great service from the waitress even if there was only one of her, and very good tea (or coffee).

Apart from the car malfunction, the downside was that I was the only person from our group of twenty to give the waitress a tip...

I would have tipped the pianist too, but she had packed up and gone home before we left.

How I picture Ogg's Volvo immobiliser:

663-raygun.gif

Ah, secret tunnel of love socks. But you show only one in your photos. Isn't that a dead giveaway that it's been packed for the trip for some other reason than foot warming?

Sssssh, don't tell everyone that I lure men in with high end luxury woollen goods! I'm working on my new sig: socks for jocks' cocks :D

I would have liked some Literotica company for the cream tea. We had a pianist playing especially for us, great service from the waitress even if there was only one of her, and very good tea (or coffee).
It sounds lovely!

King Edward is supposed to have liked staying at a little castle up the hill from here. It's not a real castle; a Victorian folly. He is meant to have liked the master bedroom which overlooks the drive - up which he could see irate husbands coming in time to run away! But I think he probably really slept in Lady Bute's bedroom which is much more splendid than Lord Bute's:

siteimg_large_616.jpg

Yayyyy! :cathappy: pussy pix!

I try to tell my cat that there's a pea under the three layers of futon mattress and six layers of pure English wool quilt but she evidently isn't a real Princess.

attachment.php

OK! Having shared pix of my pussy (<snerkity snerk>) I must leave you lovely people. I am off for a probably very dull training day. Hopefully there will be nice lunch, although nothing to compare to cream tea with Ogg and Earl Grey and crumpet :devil: with Jane, Glynddah and HP, I am quite sure.

:rose::kiss:

Perhaps it wasn't his deathbed until they all turned up on the same date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan
Queen Alexandra was a very forgiving woman. At King Edward's deathbed he was attended by SEVEN of his mistresses, as well as the Queen.

Perhaps it wasn't his deathbed until they all turned up on the same date?

Given that number of females clustered round his bed, I wonder if he thought that departure was better than survival ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan
Queen Alexandra was a very forgiving woman. At King Edward's deathbed he was attended by SEVEN of his mistresses, as well as the Queen.

Given that number of females clustered round his bed, I wonder if he thought that departure was better than survival ?

Edward VII's reported last words:

Between moments of faintness, he learned from his son (soon to be King George V) that his horse had won at Kempton Park that afternoon. The King replied with his final words

“I am very glad.”

Wikipedia is embarrassed by his mistresses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mistresses_of_Edward_VII

*snurk*

I remember when Francois Mitterrand died, both his wife and mistress attended the funeral. That seemed like a civilised way to handle it.

From Wikipedia:

Lord Palmerston, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, died in 1865 following a brief illness; sources disagree about the immediate circumstances of his death. It is rumored that sex on a billiard table with a maid precipitated his demise, but this account is disputed, with other sources stating that he died of pneumonia.

Félix Faure, president of France from 1895 to 1899, died while receiving fellatio from his mistress, Marguerite Steinheil. The cause of death was listed as a cerebral hemorrhage. Eyewitnesses stated he was in a state of partial undress. This version is disputed by some historians.

Cardinal Jean Daniélou, who wrote extensively on sexual ethics, died in 1974 inside a Paris brothel at seventy years of age. Although official accounts have him delivering charity to a prostitute, this account was not believed by the public.

Nelson Rockefeller, former Vice President of the United States and heir to the Rockefeller family fortune, died in 1979 of a heart attack at age 70, rumored to be caused by an orgasm during intercourse with his assistant, Megan Marshack. The unusual circumstances surrounding his death caused New York Magazine to quip, "Nelson thought he was coming, but he was going". Contemporaneous accounts of his death differed greatly and his hasty cremation left the exact cause of death uncertain.

Edward VII's reported last words:

Between moments of faintness, he learned from his son (soon to be King George V) that his horse had won at Kempton Park that afternoon. The King replied with his final words

“I am very glad.”

Those are his REPORTED last words. With his seven mistresses and his Queen around the bed, he wouldn't have been able to get a word in, if he could be heard.

Those are his REPORTED last words. With his seven mistresses and his Queen around the bed, he wouldn't have been able to get a word in, if he could be heard.

They'd have been arguing about what to be dressed in.
OR
what's fashionable coffin-wear this year.
(the well-dressed corpse?)

Hullo all!

Latest review blogpost. I have picked up on Jane's great sock video:
http://feministerotica.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/put-sock-on-it.html

I actually had a really good lunch at the Saturday training event. All the choices were vegetarian - which seems eminently sensible when you think how many reasons people may have not to eat this meat or that meat, and even more important, they were all delicious. I know this cuz I went back for thirds. :cathappy:

Further good news! I have tinkered about with the comments setup on my blog, and yesterdays has been able to make an anonymous comment when he was struggling to before. HP, can you see if you can make a comment on the blog at some point? I remember you were having difficulty doing so.

It seems like a long time since there were any shoes in here. I must have a look at my collection and see what I can do ... or if anyone else wishes to post pix of shoes, please do! I'm afraid my latest pair weren't really worth posting in here, they were very sensible Birkenstocks. I thought it best to buy flat German shoes for actually walking round Rome, and Italian high heels to bring home. :cool:

It seems like a long time since there were any shoes in here. I must have a look at my collection and see what I can do ... or if anyone else wishes to post pix of shoes, please do! I'm afraid my latest pair weren't really worth posting in here, they were very sensible Birkenstocks. I thought it best to buy flat German shoes for actually walking round Rome, and Italian high heels to bring home. :cool:

Shoes are a sore topic for me of late--literally. I ordered an expensive pair of Merrill slides to replace my summer ones from L.L. Bean, and they turn out to be too narrow for my feet. Suffered wearing them in Hilton Head. Now looking for a wide version. L.L. Bean obviously had them once but doesn't seem to have them now. Need them for also walking around in Rome later this year. I'm not contemplating coming home with Italian high heels, though.

Shoes are a sore topic for me of late--literally. I ordered an expensive pair of Merrill slides to replace my summer ones from L.L. Bean, and they turn out to be too narrow for my feet. Suffered wearing them in Hilton Head. Now looking for a wide version. L.L. Bean obviously had them once but doesn't seem to have them now. Need them for also walking around in Rome later this year. I'm not contemplating coming home with Italian high heels, though.

Unless you are also accompanied by a Sophia Loren lookalike wearing them?

Comfortable shoes are a must in Rome. I was very grateful for my Birkenstocks. I also took my wedge heel slingbacks. In the evenings when I wanted to be smart, I could wear them and stroll in suitable Roman style among the cobbled streets. Whereas I saw two or three women in heels really suffering as they hobbled over the cobbles.

Birkenstocks are a good wide make. In fact I had to get new holes put in the ankle straps, which made me feel like a delicate flower on slender stems :cathappy: although I actually have broad feet, having run wild and barefoot for a couple of years of my childhood in Africa.

Hullo all!

Latest review blogpost. I have picked up on Jane's great sock video:
http://feministerotica.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/put-sock-on-it.html

I actually had a really good lunch at the Saturday training event. All the choices were vegetarian - which seems eminently sensible when you think how many reasons people may have not to eat this meat or that meat, and even more important, they were all delicious. I know this cuz I went back for thirds. :cathappy:

...and thirds of vegetarian is good for you ;) :p

Ooo - I got linked - thanks Nakes x

...and thirds of vegetarian is good for you ;) :p

Ooo - I got linked - thanks Nakes x

Mmmm, yum yum, delicious tender vegetarians. I must eat some Greens too ;).

Yayyy! We have solved the mysterious Commenting problem and HP can make comments anonymously on the blog!
:):rose:

Mmmm, yum yum, delicious tender vegetarians. I must eat some Greens too ;).

Yayyy! We have solved the mysterious Commenting problem and HP can make comments anonymously on the blog!
:):rose:

And has done so.
I'd be interested to know what's changed, though.
:rose:

And has done so.
I'd be interested to know what's changed, though.
:rose:

I looked around on the net, and found that if you do something to your options for commenting which allows something I have forgotten, then some people who previously couldn't post comments now can. It was the kind of technical button that is meaningless to people who are just writing on blogs, not building them! so I had never understood it might have such an effect and had gone with the standard option. I am always a bit nervous about tinkering with the setup of these things, in case your whole blog suddenly goes purple or manages to get loaded up onto the MI5 website or something.

:) :rose:

Latest review! Two hot and hairy stories from on here, both of them coincidentally by Welshmen.
:nana: - (no daffodil or leek).

I am catching up *puff pant* with the reviewing. It's been a busy time, with this course I signed up for, and my friend finally moving house, and I had to write something actually academic(ish) for a presentation I'm doing next weekend. I was only supposed to do a poster but they are short of presenters. The poster is of course designed to work without a presenter so I will have to just stand by while presenting it, and try my best to look #distractinglysexy.

ROFLMAO! if you haven't yet checked that twitter feed, you must do so! :D:rolleyes:

Here's my review - of Cyndi Lauper's A Memoir
...it's awesome.
I always knew her as a big supporter of LGBT kids, but she's so much more. I'd love to spend a day with her and get her talking.
Happy midsummer's day everyone.
I'd better read Naoko's reviews now :)

Here's my review
I always knew her as a big supporter of LGBT kids, but she's so much more. I'd love to spend a day with her and get her talking.
Happy midsummer's day everyone.
I'd better read Naoko's reviews now :)

Good Evening, Jane.

Back