Author's Ripping off Others from this site (old thread)

1] Reading it is fair, of course; Why else would anyone post any story anywhere?!

2] What is wrong with "stealing" & reposting it? Not like it's a printed/recorded work where the re-poster is getting the money the creator/originator deserves.

Well, yeah, I said I wouldn't respond to you...so I lied...

1. It's immoral.
2. It's still against the law.
3. It makes the thief a scumbag piece of shit.
4. ...do you want me to go into the lack of character and other things associated with lowlife thieves?

Well, yeah, I said I wouldn't respond to you...so I lied...

1. It's immoral.
2. It's still against the law.
3. It makes the thief a scumbag piece of shit.
4. ...do you want me to go into the lack of character and other things associated with lowlife thieves?

Looks like Kiddie skipped a vital part of his education in nursery. :D

Getting paid is not the point. Getting recognized for the work is the point.

IMPOSSIBLE!!

All the stories I've read on the site have lots of writers' names surrounding them. (The author, people who "favorite" it or comment, authors of "suggested" stories), but no author pics. Few (if any) of you use pics of yourselves as your avatars on these Forums, or have descriptions of yourselves... Long story short, no way to be recognized for the work.

Not only that, but I have read many stories with (at least) dozens of mistakes. (I don't "1-bomb" or comment anonymously, but I offer my services as an editor, & some authors have responded to my offer.)... So if I were you/them, I'd be more-likely to not want to be recognized for it. (On a site like this, it's akin to offline assault/battery/murder!!)

IMPOSSIBLE!!

All the stories I've read on the site have lots of writers' names surrounding them. (The author, people who "favorite" it or comment, authors of "suggested" stories), but no author pics. Few (if any) of you use pics of yourselves as your avatars on these Forums, or have descriptions of yourselves... Long story short, no way to be recognized for the work.

STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

Publishers roam these sites digging for gold. If they like someone's work, they contact them via email.

You have no idea how many authors have got published through Lit Portal. That wouldn't be happening if some arsehole copy pastes the story and publishes it somewhere else.

Not only that, but I have read many stories with (at least) dozens of mistakes. (I don't "1-bomb" or comment anonymously, but I offer my services as an editor, & some authors have responded to my offer.)... So if I were you/them, I'd be more-likely to not want to be recognized for it. (On a site like this, it's akin to offline assault/battery/murder!!)

Oh sweet mother of Buddy Jesus!

First, Get your head outta your ass!

Some people write for the heck of it. They're never serious about it anyways. They wouldn't care more how many sites would want to rip off their work.

I'm talking about good stories that get ripped off.

FYI, there's already been a case of a women ripping off the works here and selling them on Amazon.

STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

I would if I didn't know... But I do, so no need to.

Publishers roam these sites digging for gold. If they like someone's work, they contact them via email.

How would you know?! The only online contact you get is from members of an African royal family.

You have no idea how many authors have got published through Lit Portal.

Perhaps not, but I'm betting you're not speaking of yourself, as well as that you don't know you may be referring to me.

That wouldn't be happening if some arsehole copy pastes the story and publishes it somewhere else.

Yeah; If a story is worth publishing, it gets done, no matter what name is on it.

First, Get your head outta your ass!

That will be much simpler the second you remove your nose.

Some people write for the heck of it. They're never serious about it anyways. They wouldn't care more how many sites would want to rip off their work.

You need to stop referring to others, especially making statements that may-or-may-not be true when you don't know if they are or not.

I'm talking about good stories that get ripped off.

As I wrote in a non-erotic story offline years ago, "Everyone (especially editors/publishers) has perspective."

FYI, there's already been a case of a women ripping off the works here and selling them on Amazon.

"...A case of a women..." Well, that guarantees you haven't been deemed worth publishing.

How would you know?! The only online contact you get is from members of an African royal family.

Perhaps not, but I'm betting you're not speaking of yourself, as well as that you don't know you may be referring to me.

Yeah; If a story is worth publishing, it gets done, no matter what name is on it.

That will be much simpler the second you remove your nose.

You need to stop referring to others, especially making statements that may-or-may-not be true when you don't know if they are or not.

As I wrote in a non-erotic story offline years ago, "Everyone (especially editors/publishers) has perspective."

"...A case of a women..." Well, that guarantees you haven't been deemed worth publishing.

Wow.

Am I arguing with little kiddies here? Judging by the maturity of your post, I'd bet so.

I have read published books of authors who post here, so it's not a hearsay.

And that nitpick of my 'a women' that you did? Don't force me to point out your posts which defy the very laws of English Grammar.

You really must be a wanky child posting from his Mom's basement. In that case, which I believe it is, I'd be wasting my breath on a tofu brain.

So long, kiddy.

Devil_Anonymous said:
You really must be a wanky child posting from his Mom's basement. In that case, which I believe it is, I'd be wasting my breath on a tofu brain.

So long, kiddy.

LMAO. :D

You're joining one of the many users who have come to this conclusion.

Wow.

Am I arguing with little kiddies here? Judging by the maturity of your post, I'd bet so.

And that nitpick of my 'a women' that you did? Don't force me to point out your posts which defy the very laws of English Grammar.

So long, kiddy.

I'm not a "kiddy", but I might be dealing with one... For instance, one who uses "a" whenever they feel the need (be it before plural nouns or words like "hearsay", which I am sure any Judge out there would correct &/or laugh out loud at).

That's setting aside your claim of reading offline works by posters who post stories on this site cannot be proven; I have little doubt you've read or written things, but what they were or who the authors were is for you to know & me to not.

I don't need you to quote my mistakes to me; I mainly pointed that one out because you used the word correctly & then incorrectly near-simultaneously in the same sentence.

Wow.

So long, kiddy.

Are you JBJ or Pilot?

You have aspects of both posting styles, so my guess is you are one of them trying to sound like the other, but slipping.

I'm pretty sure I know, but it would be fun to get a confession

Are you JBJ or Pilot?

You have aspects of both posting styles, so my guess is you are one of them trying to sound like the other, but slipping.

I'm pretty sure I know, but it would be fun to get a confession

One thing that I do know about Pilot Style is that he will edit his posts after giving a lashing, to add any points he might've missed. :D

One thing that I do know about Pilot Style is that he will edit his posts after giving a lashing, to add any points he might've missed. :D

Yep, I do that. More often it's to fix typos that I see--which is frequently.

It's amusing that there would be posters so obsessed with me that they would analyze my posting style. Guess if you don't have a life of your own you like . . . :rolleyes:

Yep, I do that. More often it's to fix typos that I see--which is frequently.

It's amusing that there would be posters so obsessed with me that they would analyze my posting style. Guess if you don't have a life of your own you like . . . :rolleyes:

There you go again with your ego again. :rolleyes:

I'm saying this on the basis of the times we've crossed paths in the forum. It doesn't take a Sherlock to see through that.

Bullshit.

I had nothing to do with this thread and still LC and the Bard brought me into it. That's what's called obsession. (And you had nothing to add but an irrelevant one liner). :rolleyes:

I think they have a daily quota to fill. Did it on the LadyVer thread yesterday.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the next story I post will hit 700. :)

Last edited:
I had nothing to do with this thread and still LC and the Bard brought me into it. That's what's called obsession. (And you had nothing to add but an irrelevant one liner). :rolleyes:

I think they have a daily quota to fill. Did it on the LadyVer thread yesterday.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the next story I post will hit 700. :)

700? That's a landmark number, very nice.

I mean, at that rate even if only one in ten are any good you still have 70 good stories.

Throw enough shit against a wall......

This is part of what marks you as a dickhead, LC. You don't read my stories and yet for years you have denigrated them on this forum. This is a mark of a small-minded person with an inferiority complex. ;)

Not a thing you can do to shake my confidence that my stories are just fine. All knocking them does is identify you as the insecure asshole you are. :D

And, now, I'll let you children go back to the playground you've created with this thread.

Well we all know Pilot is an expert on what is good not good on lit.

Let's check his favs list to see who he thinks does it right.

Authors.

sr71plt - 695 Stories, 3 Poems, Illustrations Himself

sabb - 79 Stories, 2 Poems, Illustrations His alt

shabbu - 17 Stories, 0 Poems, Illustrations His alt and himself co-writing

Varian P - 10 Stories, 0 Poems, Illustrations Not him, but someone he likes. And a great example of friends as this person showed up, posted three teaser chapters then stopped posting and some helpful "anon" poster showed up to leave a comment on where the book cane be found. Good choice in friends there.

Stories
FAVORITE STORIES
Submitted by

Fading Star - Star light, star . . . bright? sr71plt (4.47) 11/16/07 His own, guy favorited his own story.

Valentine's Day Surprise - A surprise arrives on the doorstep, on dog training day. sabb (3.91) 05/03/11 another of his, under an alt

Male in the Mail - Getting a present while waiting for a delivery. sabb (4.00) 04/20/14 and another by an alt

FAVORITE POEMS
Submitted by

Dream Lover - sabb (4.60) 02/09/12 and yet another of his alt

So as you can see in his 7 years here the only person Pilot deems worthy of favoriting is himself, obviously this is a man of taste and character.

This one is going to be funny for a long time.

We've already established that he is a 12 year old troll than just posts to post with no other valid reason.

You've opined that, but established nothing... Outside of the facts you believe writing the same belief of your own a million times turns it into the truth, & you are one of the many writers here that cannot post without making a mistake. (Will Post #10,530 be looking for an editor/proofreader?)

Last edited:
Back